Quoted:

I thought it was made of iron.
View Quote

They don't know wtf it's made of.
It's definitely alien

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

It's a tetherball . That's what the eye is for.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
… Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Godzilla, yeah
History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men
Godzilla
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine?
View Quote

No, it’s not yours.

And no, it’s not mine.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 8:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s the buoy from Heat.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's one of Rosie O'Donnell's Ben Wah balls.  Obviously it rolled over-board from her yacht.
View Quote
Fell out when she was distracted.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Did they put kitty ears on it yet?
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
ariens
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
https://blueoceanmarineequipment.com/marine-supply-equipment/buoys-fenders/steel-buoys/

58 inches diameter - its a marine buoy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Am i in before Spain?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Ah, but in which order?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol, an old buoy made the news
View Quote

So mysterious!
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Can it be ground up and sold as an aphrodisiac? If no, Japan no care.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some smartass should go glue a bunch of rusty spikes on it facing out.

View Quote

Spikes on a moored naval mine do not rust - as they aren't steel.  They are lead, and hollow, with a glass bottle of acid inside.

The way the mine works is when a ship hull strikes the mine, it bends or crushes the "horn", which releases the acid within to run down to the bottom of the mine, where it functions as the electrolyte in a previously empty wett-cell battery and generates the electricity to set off the mine's explosive.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's one of Rosie O'Donnell's Ben Wah balls.  Obviously it rolled over-board from her yacht.

She sneezed - and that was all it took ...
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:36:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Wasn't this an episode of Gilligan's Island?
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Attack of the buoys
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 10:50:15 AM EDT
[#21]
It's just Banksy's latest work.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#22]
This is Japan.. someone is brave enough.

Though with the pixelation we'll never really be sure..
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Spikes on a moored naval mine do not rust - as they aren't steel.  They are lead, and hollow, with a glass bottle of acid inside.

The way the mine works is when a ship hull strikes the mine, it bends or crushes the "horn", which releases the acid within to run down to the bottom of the mine, where it functions as the electrolyte in a previously empty wett-cell battery and generates the electricity to set off the mine's explosive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very interesting.  I was wondering about that, and had envisioned a mechanical device with a primer.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Hitler's missing testicle.
View Quote

It's Japan, Mechagodzillas missing testicle.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:43:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Very interesting.  I was wondering about that, and had envisioned a mechanical device with a primer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find this kind of stuff fascinating.  In WWII the U.S. used long-delay fuses in aerial bombs that had a spring-loaded striker behind a celluliod disc.  When the bomb hit the ground it shattered a glass vial full of acetone, which weakened the celluliod disk until it eventually was shattered by the force of the restrained striker spring, setting off the primer.  The delay was altered by using stronger or weaker concentrations of acetone and thicker, or thinner disks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:55:43 PM EDT
[#26]
An iron ball that doesn't sink? How about that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

‘Zactly wut I came to post!

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:31:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I find this kind of stuff fascinating.  In WWII the U.S. used long-delay fuses in aerial bombs that had a spring-loaded striker behind a celluliod disc.  When the bomb hit the ground it shattered a glass vial full of acetone, which weakened the celluliod disk until it eventually was shattered by the force of the restrained striker spring, setting off the primer.  The delay was altered by using stronger or weaker concentrations of acetone and thicker, or thinner disks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ingenious.  Simple, cheap, and reliable.  It's like everything was an IED back then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Three pages and not a single one of you has posted the Godzilla song? Fine, I'll fucking do it myself...
Godzilla Blue Oyster Cult Music Video HD
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:45:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When I was a kid, we used to find Jap glass floats wash up on the beaches all the time.

not my pic
https://render.fineartamerica.com/images/images-profile-flow/400/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/3/glass-floats-2-mark-cotton.jpg
View Quote

I have a few of those on my bookshelf. My great-aunt used to live on the coast and would beachcomb every morning. Once upon a time there used to be some the size of a basketball, but they disappeared (family...ugh).
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Paint that thing like a Pokémon ball and turn the place into a tourist trap.  

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 5:24:18 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2023 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Three pages and not a single one of you has posted the Godzilla song? Fine, I'll fucking do it myself...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muUZjovOFRg
View Quote

Awe yeah!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top