Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
they're a belgian owned company...let them go under
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Barron’s Article about Bud Sales Decline

I was skeptical about their decline in sales, but Barron’s is a legitimate source. This is a serious crisis at this point.

Amazing that they haven’t fired EVERYONE involved.
View Quote

Don’t think they can. It’s the investment groups that are pushing the ESG crap on corporations.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Don’t think they can. It’s the investment groups that are pushing the ESG crap on corporations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was skeptical about their decline in sales, but Barron’s is a legitimate source. This is a serious crisis at this point.

InBev is as woke as it gets.

Don't think for a minute A-B will do a damn thing to change their image as a craptastic shill for Brandon.

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
the trannies are doubling down too, demanding bud light stand by their commitment to LGBTQXIA{+#$
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:23:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Left a dislike. I didn't drink their swill to begin with and I certainly don't intend to change that anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Chicks with Dicks
View Quote

They should have used a song by the Dick-sey Chicks
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They haven’t fired anyone. Leave of absence isn’t firing. It’s “lay low.”  They’re hoping you forget
View Quote

Pepperidge Farm Remembers
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Saturday night one of the bartenders walked up to me and handed me a Bud Light and said that someone at her end thought I should have that.  First thought was, "Did someone just call me a fag?"  THen I saw her bring a bunch of Bud Light bottles from her end and throw them in the trash and I realized that must have been what they were drinking.  But I seriously thought someone was insulting me.
View Quote

Wow , this is going to haunt them forever.  Never thought of this take now I'll never forget it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#10]
LEAKED Anheuser Busch (Bud Light) Crisis Management Meeting
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#11]
FBL  FAB!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
How do you see dislikes now.  They are disabled.  NVMD I saw the post about Firefox
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How do you see dislikes now.  They are disabled.  NVMD I saw the post about Firefox
View Quote

Firefox extension. Currently at 21k dislike
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
In Bev/AB does not own Modelo and Corona brands in the US.  Constellation Brands does.  Don't want to get a direct competitor caught up in a boycott.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#15]
In honor of the Bud Light crisis I purchased some Yuengling Black and Tan and some Shiner Black Lager.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
In Bev/AB does not own Modelo and Corona brands in the US.  Constellation Brands does.  Don't want to get a direct competitor caught up in a boycott.
View Quote

Oh for realz???

Ok, thanks
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:58:17 PM EDT
[#18]
In for one dislike.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#19]
At 22K+ dislikes now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't kid yourself. PLENTY of CEOs and senior management/C-suite good ole boys are woke leftist fucks. Look at BRCC and Evan Hafer or whatever his name is. Very similar background to the CEO of AB, and both woke leftists.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Since Bud turned off the comments for the video people have been leaving comments in this video instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtwHZz6umaU
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol, disabling comments is usually an indicator of guilt.
View Quote

Much like the YouTube White House page
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:46:21 PM EDT
[#23]
439 likes?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Much like the YouTube White House page
View Quote
Isn't that what drove youtube to remove it, when all the white house press conferences got dislikes?
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Stopped by the local liqueur store and asked them to check if they can order in yuengling. Hopefully they can start stocking it
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:35:34 AM EDT
[#26]
That's a pretty good commercial. "Chicken Fried" is too on-the-nose and too old / played out. I would have gone with something more contemporary but I suspect they're trying to simultaneously market to the 21-25 market who are just now getting enough money together to go to music festivals and similar, and also remind the 30-40 y.o. demographic how fun that was when they had fewer responsibilities, tying the two together with the older song for nostalgia. It's short, it connects, it works.

If they'd done that instead of the tranny cans it would have been a hit.

As it is, I'm going to say they should have gone even older for the backing track with some John Prine -  "Beats his old lady with a rubber hose, takes her out to dinner, buys her new clothes, that's the way that the world goes round"

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:50:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not even clicking on it. Fuck them unless they grovel and explain why they realize it was a mistake and how to prevent it going forward.
View Quote

I'm not even a Bud Light drinker, but if I was, I wouldn't even consider coming back to their beer until they ran a couple dozen toxic masculinity ads of blue collar, knuckle-dragging, cigarette smoking, greasy, dirty, boot-wearing, ball-cap/cowboy-hat wearing, rugged men in outdoor settings, around machinery, etc.

Until that happens, Bud Light will now be known as the Queen of Queer Beer for the woke, gender-confused, metrosexual, trans-feminist-pansy-fruitloop idiots who would rather grab a can of White Claw than a can of beer.

ROCK6
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In order to give it a dislike I'd have to reward it with a view which is a compromise I'm not willing to make.
View Quote

YT now has metrics of how much of the video was watched. Click and dislike without actually watching
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:01:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This might work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
they should just make an ad with a middle age guy with a big beard wearing a plain grey tshirt sitting at a bar drinking a bud lite.  Then the voice over saying "look, we're sorry.  we fucked up.  We know it.  we fired the people responsible for it.  It is our fault for hiring them to begin with.  Please take us back"

This might work.

No. They need to endorse and financially support the real important issues: fighting alphabet communities and alphabet agencies by promoting conservative law makers and having guns in their commercials
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:15:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

InBev is as woke as it gets.

Don't think for a minute A-B will do a damn thing to change their image as a craptastic shill for Brandon.

View Quote
Which is ironic since Donald Jr. came out last week saying we should ease up since AB gives money to Republicans.  Looks like they give money to the swamp on both sides of the aisle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 8:54:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Dammit.  Do I have to hate Zac Brown now?
View Quote

Was permission for song use granted before or after the beer went trans.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#32]
NEW Budlight Ad

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]
They know they fucked up big time. Thus turning off comments. I was a Bud Heavy drinker for 20+ years and always had Bud Light in the beer fridge too. But never again. They have lost me forever.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
the trannies are doubling down too, demanding bud light stand by their commitment to LGBTQXIA{+#$
View Quote

Have you seen this on social media somewhere? I had no idea they were being pressured by the LGBTQ community to double-down.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:36:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Maybe the most accurate thing said about this so far:

“This isn’t a boycott, it’s an abandonment”
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#37]
View Quote
HOLY SHIT!! this deserves it's own thread!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Maybe the most accurate thing said about this so far:

“This isn’t a boycott, it’s an abandonment”
View Quote

It's an abandonment of corporate commonsense. And commonsense is pretty damn uncommon these days.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Walmart yesterday @ 1400

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:44:31 PM EDT
[#40]

Picture doesn't mean shit without showing the other options sold out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Some talented person here needs to make a youTube Bud Light commercial video:

Crowded bar, in walks a studly handsome cowboy (slo-mo), camera focused on his butt in tight jeans.
Camera switches to a bar patron with a Bud Light on the table who is staring at his butt with a stunned & hopeful look.
Camera switches to wide shot of several other patrons with Bud Light on their tables all staring at his butt.
Camera switches to shot of the cowboy arriving at the bar, two beautiful cowgirls with despondent expressions who are peeling the labels on their beer, start eyeing him, he asks the bartender for a (manly beer), both women smile big say hi and start chatting with him.
Camera wide shot of the Bud Light patrons with dejected looks on their faces.
Camera shot of cowboy with beautiful girl on each arm all three with a (manly beer) in their hand.

Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Picture doesn't mean shit without showing the other options sold out.
View Quote

I thought about that after taking the picture.

Nothing was sold out but bud products were the only brand fully stocked.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Bud Light. It's beer... for trannies
View Quote

It should be renamed Tranheuser Busch, it would make more sense given today’s political climate.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#44]
https://www.foxnews.com/media/anheuser-busch-gives-away-free-bud-light-make-amends-distributors-after-mulvaney-controversy-report

Anheuser-Busch is also trying to diffuse some of the backlash wholesalers have faced by giving them a letter to show retailers that addresses misconceptions about the Mulvaney partnership.

"This can is not a formal campaign or advertisement," the letter reportedly states. "Our new Vice President of Bud Light and all of us at Anheuser-Busch are committed to reminding all of our consumers why they love Bud Light and why they’ve made it the #1 beer in America."

The Mulvaney cans were only sent to the influencer to promote on social media but were never available for sale. Wholesalers told the WSJ that customers incorrectly believed they were on shelves or that Mulvaney had appeared in a television commercial promoting the product.

Del Papa, a beer distributor out of Houston, Texas, said their staff had received "tons of phone calls from people being very hateful." In a Facebook post, the company said it, too, was "upset about the situation" and had addressed it "with the top leadership" at Anheuser-Busch.

It's very clear by their current position that they aren't sorry and they would do it again in a heartbeat.  

You see, the problem is YOU, you fcking racist.  YOU ARE THE PROBLEM HERE.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/anheuser-busch-gives-away-free-bud-light-make-amends-distributors-after-mulvaney-controversy-report

Anheuser-Busch is also trying to diffuse some of the backlash wholesalers have faced by giving them a letter to show retailers that addresses misconceptions about the Mulvaney partnership.

"This can is not a formal campaign or advertisement," the letter reportedly states. "Our new Vice President of Bud Light and all of us at Anheuser-Busch are committed to reminding all of our consumers why they love Bud Light and why they’ve made it the #1 beer in America."

The Mulvaney cans were only sent to the influencer to promote on social media but were never available for sale. Wholesalers told the WSJ that customers incorrectly believed they were on shelves or that Mulvaney had appeared in a television commercial promoting the product.

Del Papa, a beer distributor out of Houston, Texas, said their staff had received "tons of phone calls from people being very hateful." In a Facebook post, the company said it, too, was "upset about the situation" and had addressed it "with the top leadership" at Anheuser-Busch.

It's very clear by their current position that they aren't sorry and they would do it again in a heartbeat.  

You see, the problem is YOU, you fcking racist.  YOU ARE THE PROBLEM HERE.
View Quote

They can't sell it so they give it away.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:42:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They can't sell it so they give it away.
View Quote

Will that keep up their distribution numbers?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Any of those chicks have dicks?
View Quote
if there is any doubt there is no doubt
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:54:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Zac Brown is meh
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 1:59:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Saturday night one of the bartenders walked up to me and handed me a Bud Light and said that someone at her end thought I should have that.  First thought was, "Did someone just call me a fag?"  THen I saw her bring a bunch of Bud Light bottles from her end and throw them in the trash and I realized that must have been what they were drinking.  But I seriously thought someone was insulting me.
View Quote

Did you see the group that was drinking it? I'm still getting the vibe that was exactly what they were calling you. Do you look like someone who would be pissed off by such an insult? I mean, you look straight, "toxic" or whatever term they use?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top