BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The NHP use 18 wheelers in the Vegas area.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think Tennessee wins in the odd police vehicle department.
18 wheelers

They use it for that but I think it is mostly to catch people driving like idiots around the big rigs. There are a lot of morons that will pass a semi in traffic, pull in front of them and then hit the brakes. A lot of frigging idiots don't understand the laws of physics.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

They use it for that but I think it is mostly to catch people driving like idiots around the big rigs. There are a lot of morons that will pass a semi in traffic, pull in front of them and then hit the brakes. A lot of frigging idiots don't understand the laws of physics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
18 wheelers

I saw a news special about some department using semis, and it was to catch texters and shit, since you look down into the drivers window and can see what the morons are doing.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

18 wheelers

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:01:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lot's of latitude in those words
View Quote

You can get a ticket from dudes running gang unit stuff or narcotics technically,  but I haven't heard of it on any sort of regular frequency.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 4:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I miss speeder and "Click-It or Ticket" OT.
View Quote

I'm back in the mix.

Did a 4 hour COIT Thursday, and have another next week.

Only time I ever write violations now is when Im on OT.

And I only stop white people. Blacks and Hispanics mess up my percentages. If you stop 1 out of 10 that is 10% and makes you look like a racist.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You can tell the difference between a marked crown vic and a non when its behind you at night?

Yeah, ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're lookin at a silhouette, minute detail isn't needed.  It's really not as complex and you're making it out to be.  Fuck I ride my Harley at night all the time and I can tell with those tiny, not great mirrors on my handlebars that are constantly shaking, and I still know what's behind me.

You can tell the difference between a marked crown vic and a non when its behind you at night?

Yeah, ok.

"Cats eyes"   They are like "magnets" but better.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Say what you will about the CHP and CA traffic laws, it is still illegal here for an unmarked car to issue a traffic ticket.
View Quote

WRONG.  Only if the primary purpose of the unmarked vehicle is to enforce traffic laws.  Officer driving an unmarked and his primary purpose is regular patrol and not traffic enforcement, he can pull you over all day long and write you a ticket.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No trailer no CDL needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THAT is unusual... does the trooper need a CDL? ..or would he be exempted like Firefighters?

No trailer no CDL needed.

Wrong.  Federal guidelines.   Class A is ANY vehicle with gross weight 26,001 lbs or over, whether articulated or not.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

That's not a traffic enforcement vehicle, that's a revenue generation vehicle.  

A marked unit, with an officer with some street sense behind the wheel, can hide and sneak up on speeders very easily.  It also has the deterrent factor for everyone who sees it.  Not to mention the safety for the person being pulled over that they are actually being pulled over by a police officer, and not a rapist with a surplus crown vic and a suction cup light bar in the windshield.  

View Quote

And when the public sees an unmarked vehicle with emergency lights on stopped behind a violator, they also say, "Oh fuck, the cops are everywhere, maybe I will let off on the gas."    

I used to drive an F150 outfitted with lights and siren to work every day as a detective.   You know how many times I saw speeders running amok, then slowing when they saw a marked unit, then as soon as the marked unit was gone, driving like an ass again?  You put enough LEOs in unmarked cars, and you tell the public, that will decrease the speeders, since they do not know where to look.   It works.  
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top