Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:36:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nah, he'd have an M4, his MARINES would have 1911's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes and for some reason i picture it being a 1911

Nah, he'd have an M4, his MARINES would have 1911's.

He'd call a Legion of angels if he wanted to.  The ultimate CAS.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I would surmise that he would.  Why is that?

Briefly, I will submit that he said:

Matthew 26:
52Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword. 53"Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels? 54"How then will the Scriptures be fulfilled, which say that it must happen this way?"
View Quote

He acts in sort of a fatalist way,  "Let this cup pass before me, yet let your will be done not my own" (paraphrased) in order to fulfill the law.

So while his followers carried and protected him, and also,  he could call upon the legions of Angels to protect him, he chose not to to let the law be fulfilled and to fulfill  prophesies of the slain lamb. (i.e. letting fate take it's course).

Furthermore, he instructs his followers to sell their robes and buy swords.

While he personally had no need to carry a sidearm on earth he does instruct us to do so.  

The strongest support is when he comes back to earth (Revelation 19) riding a white horse and out of his mouth goes a sharp sword to strike nations, and to subdue the beast and his armies.

To summarize: yes he would, although at first he didn't to fulfill the prophesies, he instructs us to do so and when he returns he is carrying a mighty sword.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:38:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It's actually not a bad video, and the question it asks (paraphrased, "Should politics inform religious belief, or should religious belief inform politics?") is a good one.

Moreover, the lefties that are quick to "support" what the video showcases aren't going to like everything else that would follow.  If we are going to become a more moral society, and if you're going to make the case that government-enforced gun control is a component of having a moral society, then you also need to accept that aaaaaaaaaaaaall the lower-hanging fruit of moral behaviors which could be enforced by government also needs to happen.  To put it another way, if people have the freedom to sin, some certainly will.  And even if they don't, some will anyhow.  The governmental tolerance of immoral behavior is a necessary consequence of a free society.  Changing that carries significant peril.

The problem is, he's asking a good and reasonable question, but he's not giving it a proper answer.

And the result of that?  Well, this screenshot pretty much tells the tale...

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:39:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Oh liberals again who hate Christians, bring up Jesus when it suits them.
View Quote

I'm still looking for that verse about sending men with guns and badges to your neighbors house to take his money so you can give it to the poor
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:40:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Would Jesus work for the NY times?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Since when does the NYT give a fuck what any conservative thinks?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's actually not a bad video, and the question it asks (paraphrased, "Should politics inform religious belief, or should religious belief inform politics?") is a good one.

Moreover, the lefties that are quick to "support" what the video showcases aren't going to like everything else that would follow.  If we are going to become a more moral society, and if you're going to make the case that government-enforced gun control is a component of having a moral society, then you also need to accept that aaaaaaaaaaaaall the lower-hanging fruit of moral behaviors which could be enforced by government also needs to happen.  To put it another way, if people have the freedom to sin, some certainly will.  And even if they don't, some will anyhow.  The governmental tolerance of immoral behavior is a necessary consequence of a free society.  Changing that carries significant peril.

The problem is, he's asking a good and reasonable question, but he's not giving it a proper answer.

And the result of that?  Well, this screenshot pretty much tells the tale...

http://i67.tinypic.com/2ia7ac0.jpg
View Quote

From some of the responses here, it looks like you are one of the few who actually watched the video.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:43:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
because it's relevant for this thread

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:46:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Also,
  one of the Tests for Gideon when he was choosing his special forces (Mighty men of valor) was to pick only the ones that knelt and drank with one hand and not lapped like dogs.  Only 300 hundred men knelt and drank with one hand.  

Why?

The ones that knelt could keep a vigilant eye out for enemies on the horizon, the others could not.  I.e. they were watchful and prepared for enemies at any moment. True warriors, the real sheep dogs.

That is, be prepared for battle no matter what.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:49:12 PM EDT
[#12]
If you are surrounded by Legions of Angels - I doubt he would need to even perform a miracle for self protection.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
because it's relevant for this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drMMBE6KRbI
View Quote

Hey! I wear a pinky ring! what are you getting at?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Engineer

that and I am a "Godfather."
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:54:30 PM EDT
[#14]
That is a complex issue with good arguments on both sides.  I've of late ended up, begrudgingly, more towards a pacifist side due to "love your enemies".  Love is serving and self-sacrificial, it's not primarily feeling.  So if I shoot my enemy, amd kill him, knowing the eternal consequences of what i've done, was that love?  But then, I can't stand aside and let evil be done.  I can't let harm come to others, because then I'm not loving those victims.  My (uneasy)conclusion is that self-defense, as a Christian, is hard to justify; but defending others seems certainly right.  
Politicall, I can't/won't hold other people to that.  People have a right to self-defense and to have access to arms to properly equip themselves.  Guns are the means.  Why Liberals want to deny victims the best tools available to save their own lives is beyond me.

For anyone interested in the early church's perspective on this issue, these are good and challenging books.
The Kingdom that Turned the World Upside Down
Will the Real Heretics Please Stand Up - D. Bercott
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Peter sure as hell would carry.  Of course I'd hope he'd attend some training, because his aim wasn't so great.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The better question would be "What if Peter had a sidearm?"

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Jesus would tell the NYT they were fucking pansy ass pussies and that they should go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
John 18:10 & 11 is more to the point.  When the romans come to arrest Jesus:

10 Then Simon Peter, who had a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant, cutting off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.)

11 Jesus commanded Peter, "Put your sword away! Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?”

He doesn't say "OMG SWORDS ARE EVIL".
View Quote

Pretty interesting that Jesus made a guy who carried a sword the rock upon which He founded His church.

Doesn't sound like Jesus had much of a problem with guys going armed.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#19]
If I was Jesus, I wouldn't need a sidearm, now would I?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not  a Christian, but I do find it amusing that the people who write at the New York Times, who would otherwise not give 2 shits about Jesus's teaching try to use him to discredit people who they think believe in him.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:12:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so but Karl Marx would work there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:12:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Of course he wouldn't wear a sidearm; nor would he own luxurious cars, flat screen TV's, expensive clothes, junk food, etc.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm still looking for that verse about sending men with guns and badges to your neighbors house to take his money so you can give it to the poor
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Robin Hood had to have a weapon to do that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:21:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Let's see - God drowned the world with a flood, rained fire an brimstone once destroying Sodom and Gomorrah (pretty much as efficiently as a nuke from orbit).  Not to mention all the folk like Onan who God just slew.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:21:44 PM EDT
[#26]
The ability to call down lightening would seem to answer the question more appropriately- "Why would he need to?"
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Would Jesus carry a sidearm?

No.

But he wouldn't marry homosexuals either. And he probably would have thought Mohammed was a blasphemous punk.

So where does that leave us on the whole imitation of Jesus thing, NYT?
View Quote

Zing!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#28]

He never condemned it.

The way I see it...if it is not expressly prohibited...I am free to choose based on my own convictions.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:43:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:45:32 PM EDT
[#30]
In before all the self-righteous "HE didn't mean it that way! You're taking it out of context!" bullshit.

oops...too late.

ETA: ALSO, why would that bunch of atheists and muslim sympathizers at the NYT give a flying-flog about what Jesus said or didn't say?

Like my grandma used to say, "Even the devil quotes scripture when it suits him."

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 1:47:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jesus is on record (in the bible) for telling the disciples to carry swords...

I forget the exact passage, but he tells them to take care of themselves

eta :beaten with the reference....
View Quote

And from what I remember, it was against Roman law for Jews to be armed at the time, too.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:05:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Jesus is on record (in the bible) for telling the disciples to carry swords...

I forget the exact passage, but he tells them to take care of themselves

eta :beaten with the reference....
View Quote

Jesus wouldn't need a sidearm because he could just think it and a host of arch angels would be there to kick ass.......Peter, John and Paul not so much so they need guns.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:08:07 PM EDT
[#33]
He would walking around in the Middle East
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:12:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Would Jesus carry a 9 or .45?

Definitely a Glock, I think.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#35]
with a word Jesus could cast a mountain into the sea, the whole earth was under his command, now that is power
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Would he put beans in the chili?
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:29:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HEATHEN!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Matthew 26:52 Then Jesus said to him, “Put your sword back in its place! For all who live by the sword will die by the sword. 53 Or do you think that I cannot call on my Father, and that he would send me more than twelve legions of angels right now?

What fool would contemplate Jesus needing a pissant handgun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#39]
So now those fucking hypocrites wanna talk about what Jesus would do? Ask them what Jesus would do if his girlfriend had an unplanned pregnancy. I'm pretty sure the answer is not "kill it".

Then ask them what Jesus would think about the government stealing from workers to give it to those who won't work.

2 Thessalonians 3:10     "For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat".

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:47:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, that's who Robin Hood was targeting.

We need common sense longbow legislation for the sake of the tax collectors
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

With legions of angels at his disposal I doubt very much that Jesus would feel the need to arm himself. For those without this divine hook up.... well you know that story.
View Quote

"I am He" is all that it took!!!
Edit: Full disclosure, I carry at least one Glock 19 while I am preaching.    I can have up to two, depending on how many threats I've received and how many boneheads are mad with me!  For peace of mind and heart, I must have the capability of protecting innocent human lives placed in my care.  

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#42]
"Given the ferocity of the politics, it was challenging to find a minister who was comfortable speaking his conscience."

"Mr. Schenck, by any measure, is still a very conservative thinker. And as two liberal-leaning filmmakers, we have deep reservations about some of his positions. But by concentrating on the common values that unite us, we have developed a deep respect for him, and an unlikely friendship. His willingness to put his reputation and career on the line to speak his conscience is brave and should inspire us all, no matter our politics."

Translation:

We went looking for someone more reputable than we are to justify our viewpoint. We grabbed the first guy we found and sided up with him on this issue because we thought it would be the most useful way to advance our agenda. We have no other use for him, his religion or his views.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 2:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't know, but I did just buy 4,000 rounds of jewish 9mm, so some of his people evidently don't have a problem with it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#46]

Yes, Jesus would carry a gun.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:26:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Jesus could call down fire from heaven.

When you are the ultimate FAC, you really don't need a sidearm.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:27:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yes and for some reason i picture it being a 1911
View Quote

in 10mm
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#49]
If he did he wouldn't have been nailed to the cross I'll tell you that much
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:34:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Jesus's ACOG would have the bible verse.

View Quote

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top