User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/26/2013 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chicago makes better pizza and hot dogs. Yeah, I said it.

Everyone's allowed to be wrong sometimes.  You just picked now.

ETA- and if you want to ride the grammar, there's a place in Jersey that got closed down a decade back for selling coke out of the back room.  They made the best hot dog pizza ever.  Italian hot dog pizza.  

Now yea, I get it.  It looked like failure.  It looked like something out of a Lovecraft novel, like something icky left as a viscous film in the wake of the slithering of the Old Ones.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2593/3718758283_01898bda5e.jpg

But man, that place was right down the road from my job, and I looked that horror in the eye every day I worked while waiting for some plain or white slices.

One day, in a fit of pique, with a yearning in my heart I could not place but whispered of greatness... I tried it.

And man, it was the greatest fucking thing mankind has ever created.  If they'da had this pie at Cape Canaveral in the 60's, Neil Armstrong's most famous words would have been, "Fuck the moon, get me another slice of that eye-talian hotdog pie!"

Chunks of dog, peppers, onions, potato... Heavy on the cheese.  Easy on the sauce.  

Seriously man, I never did understand killing or dying for religion, but I might consider it to advance the italian hot dog pizza's chances at world domination.  

And fuck everything about Chicago.  Everything that gets there they fuck up and then claim it's better.  Pizza, hot dogs, blues, crime... Fuck that place.

that looks.... orgasmic!
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Dominos.

Thin crust.

Light cheese.

Beef and bacon.

I dare you to show me pizza that tastes better.

Sorry, but that's not pizza. That could be referred to as regurgitated swill.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 2:45:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The best pizza is made with a cheap ass cracker crust, sweet tangy sauce, and a plasticine cheese known as provel. It terrible in the most wonderful fashion. Like white castles.

I know what you mean about the White Castles. Crap never tasted so good. Especially around 1:00 am after a party.

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:32:13 PM EDT
[#5]
NY Pizza is better than anyone else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:36:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

NOT
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT

seems you are an al qaeda operative.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOT

seems you are an al qaeda operative.

DOUBLE NOT
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't find a good pizza in central Ohio, and we used to have a few. Wife is from the south Bronx and says all the pizza here sucks!
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 4:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 4:29:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I can't find a good pizza in central Ohio, and we used to have a few. Wife is from the south Bronx and says all the pizza here sucks!

Your wife is a smart woman
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Upstate NY.

Rochester to be exact.

A place called "Chester Cab Pizza"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g0yQfJ0U6s4/UI64KD9oWJI/AAAAAAAADvw/hqt8PV_KFlg/s1600/IMG_8421.JPG

Everyone else can suck a dick.

Y U NO CHEESE?

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with her. It's one of my biggest regrets about moving here, the pizza and wings are a joke.

I describe central Ohio's pizza as cheese and sauce on a piece of cardboard.

ETA- Youngstown has some good pizza shops but they also have a very old school Italian population.

Actually we did find a pizza shop in Pickerington, Pizzaria New York. Owned by ex NY'rs...Wife says its damn close to the real thing, best pie I've had around here in years...It's on 256 and Windmiller (by pudwacks work place).

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 10:45:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Upstate NY.

Rochester to be exact.

A place called "Chester Cab Pizza"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-g0yQfJ0U6s4/UI64KD9oWJI/AAAAAAAADvw/hqt8PV_KFlg/s1600/IMG_8421.JPG

Everyone else can suck a dick.

Needs more of everything else added.

Have you ever had pizza from a place called Pontillo's? I had an in there years ago when I passed through. It was...ok....for not being WNY pizza.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Tried a ton of Pizza places in Boston, NYC, and Chicago...

Nothing will ever touch New Haven Pizza.
Modern, Pepe's, and Sal's
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
I too think NY has the best pizza. Grew up on the North Shore of Long Island till I left for college. I miss NY pizza and it's tough finding something close to that in Philly but I have found a place that's pretty damn close. The good side is we got cheesteaks and wings . Every time my family comes I have them bring me a pie from NY .
Link Posted: 3/1/2013 1:55:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top