Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 20
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:01:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I hear William Barr is due to be confirmed next week & he is notoriously anti-gun, including bumpstocks.

If this happens, what effect if any, will it have on these proceedings?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have a link to contribute to Nolo to help defray costs?
View Quote
This!

Someone post a link or something so I can send some money.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 1:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the government get to go through a Discovery process on the Plaintiffs and vice versa?  How much information does the government need to produce?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 1:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
This!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This!

Currently the only method:

https://www.larue.com/products/not-one-more-inch/
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 4:25:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder why when any leftist person/group files a lawsuit about any Trump signed executive order it gets an injunction almost immediately, yet when our side does the same thing there is continual court dates into the future.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder why when any leftist person/group files a lawsuit about any Trump signed executive order it gets an injunction almost immediately, yet when our side does the same thing there is continual court dates into the future.
View Quote
Because the courts are not on our side.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Toe the line citizen
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This!

Unfortunately, they are always sold out. I don't want the item, but would like to donate.....maybe Mark should set up a separate donation page as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Would it not be easy enough to setup a GFM page or something? Some way to get monies directly to Nolo?

paypal account to accept donations?
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Would it not be easy enough to setup a GFM page or something? Some way to get monies directly to Nolo?

View Quote
This should happen!!
People need to be able to give when they can.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:44:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
I believe Nolo has an agreement with Larue that fundraising will be through Larue/dillos. iirc the donation idea has come up before.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:21:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I believe Nolo has an agreement with Larue that fundraising will be through Larue/dillos. iirc the donation idea has come up before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be great fine and dandy if they were for sale ...
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's an honest way to fundraise; no more is collected than necessary.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Has anyone checked out the list of "bumpstocks" and how to destroy them on the BATFE's website?  Two of the items are not even stocks they are just grips.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:11:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Has anyone checked out the list of "bumpstocks" and how to destroy them on the BATFE's website?  Two of the items are not even stocks they are just grips.
View Quote
yes I have.  and no.  no ATF, bad bad ATF.  *newspaper to the nose*
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 8:02:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Everyone needs to hang on tight, the ride is in motion.

Look for many twists and turns ahead, and always keeps your hands inside the ride at all times!

Please remember on your way out to stop in our lobby for some of our fine pitchfork and torch merchandise on sale.....(who would have guessed the modern day equivalent would end up being a dillo?)
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, they are always sold out. I don't want the item, but would like to donate.....maybe Mark should set up a separate donation page as well.
View Quote
Quoted:
Be great fine and dandy if they were for sale ...
View Quote
It is my understanding that when nolo needs funds, Larue cranks out a round of dillos.
There have been 4 rounds so far.

They sell out within an hour.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:29:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Where is this list?
Waded through the ATF FAQ page on bumpstocks and couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:38:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Where is this list?
View Quote
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks/how-to-destroy
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Will Kisor v. Wilkie (about deferring to agency interpretations of their own regulations), going in front of the USSC next month, affect your case at all?

https://www.scotusblog.com/case-files/cases/kisor-v-wilkie/
View Quote
@NoloContendere
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@NoloContendere
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will Kisor v. Wilkie (about deferring to agency interpretations of their own regulations), going in front of the USSC next month, affect your case at all?

@NoloContendere
That's slightly interesting.
https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/01/symposium-government-agencies-shouldnt-get-to-put-a-thumb-on-the-scales/

In reviewing Kisor’s case, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit concluded that the term “relevant” as used in the applicable regulations is ambiguous because its scope is vague. Due to this ambiguity, the court felt compelled to accept the VA’s interpretation under Auer v. Robbins, which provides that a federal agency’s interpretation of its own ambiguous regulation is “controlling” unless it is “plainly erroneous or inconsistent with the regulation.”

Auer built upon, and arguably expanded, the Supreme Court’s long-standing practice of deferring to agency interpretations of their own regulations born in 1945’s Bowles v. Seminole Rock. Although initially uncontroversial, the doctrine has come under fire from legal commentators and prominent jurists – and for good reason. Several justices, including Auer’s author, the late Justice Antonin Scalia, have recognized that Auer unduly aggrandizes agency authority without legislative warrant. Among other things, Auer deference enables agencies to evade a wide range of legal constraints that are otherwise imposed upon agency behavior, particularly on the ability of agencies to take action with the force of law.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:01:02 PM EDT
[#24]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@NoloContendere
That's slightly interesting.
https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/01/symposium-government-agencies-shouldnt-get-to-put-a-thumb-on-the-scales/

In reviewing Kisor's case, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit concluded that the term "relevant" as used in the applicable regulations is ambiguous because its scope is vague. Due to this ambiguity, the court felt compelled to accept the VA's interpretation under Auer v. Robbins, which provides that a federal agency's interpretation of its own ambiguous regulation is "controlling" unless it is "plainly erroneous or inconsistent with the regulation."

Auer built upon, and arguably expanded, the Supreme Court's long-standing practice of deferring to agency interpretations of their own regulations born in 1945's Bowles v. Seminole Rock. Although initially uncontroversial, the doctrine has come under fire from legal commentators and prominent jurists  and for good reason. Several justices, including Auer's author, the late Justice Antonin Scalia, have recognized that Auer unduly aggrandizes agency authority without legislative warrant. Among other things, Auer deference enables agencies to evade a wide range of legal constraints that are otherwise imposed upon agency behavior, particularly on the ability of agencies to take action with the force of law.
But is this a case of the agency interpreting it's own ambiguous regulation, or interpreting a law passed by Congress?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is this list?
https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks/how-to-destroy
Under "How To Destroy"
The one link I didn't click as it didn't imply any kind of list.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow. Are they seriously banning this as a "bump fire stock"? Wtf. It shows just how ambiguous the language is.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:07:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I sent the atf another foia this morning for the reasoning (PowerPoint presentation and briefs) banning the Akins accelerator. Apparently the director of the agency did that on his own despite his entire tech branch saying it wasn’t a machine gun. Come on atf, this isn’t the way to win hearts and minds. And no, I don’t want any pancakes.
View Quote
Shut up and take my money! Haha.

Seriously, is it time for round 5 yet!
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, anyway to get notified for the next round.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be on the LaRue email list.
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 10:23:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I sent the atf another foia this morning for the reasoning (PowerPoint presentation and briefs) banning the Akins accelerator. Apparently the director of the agency did that on his own despite his entire tech branch saying it wasn’t a machine gun. Come on atf, this isn’t the way to win hearts and minds. And no, I don’t want any pancakes.
View Quote
Waffles? Maple Syrup? Money? Box of ammo?
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:18:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
We discussed it before wanting to do a special PSA lower for him in the “PSA has lost a customer” thread iirc and were told this.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:21:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Tag.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#35]
This is a good read.  I scrolled back a bit to see if there was any reference to it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is a good read.  I scrolled back a bit to see if there was any reference to it.
View Quote
"Those are the documents Savage and Stamboulieh are determined to obtain and make public. They should have a significant bearing on another action Stamboulieh is currently arguing, the case over the Trump “bump stock ban” involving, among other complaints, my re-engineered-to-be-compliant Akins Accelerator."

This ride is just getting started...  Now that we know that the law and science can be over ruled by a political appointee...We don't guess, we know now.

Anybody think this is the first time it's happened?

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 3:46:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted: "Those are the documents Savage and Stamboulieh are determined to obtain and make public. They should have a significant bearing on another action Stamboulieh is currently arguing, the case over the Trump “bump stock ban” involving, among other complaints, my re-engineered-to-be-compliant Akins Accelerator."

This ride is just getting started...  Now that we know that the law and science can be over ruled by a political appointee...We don't guess, we know now.

Anybody think this is the first time it's happened?

View Quote
Definitely not.

Quoted:

LOTS of stuff going on behind the scenes....
View Quote
@NoloContendere:
One of the things I believe you will find encouragement in is this:
Proverbs 22:29 - Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before obscure men.

I am sure many of us agree you are stepping up to the plate every chance you get and I am certain your work will be blessed.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 2:30:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

LOTS of stuff going on behind the scenes....
View Quote
Good. I have hopes that in about a month, we'll at least have an injunction... in the nick of time, too.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:43:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:52:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Talk is that DOJ is deciding on whether to have new AG Barr ratify Whitaker's signature on the final rule. Hmmmm.
View Quote
It means they believe you have a case, which actually bodes well.for an injunction. IMO the 90 day clock should reset at the time of ratification.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd be in to send more cash without getting a dillo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:15:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'd be in to send more cash without getting a dillo.
View Quote
Mark LaRue, if you are reading this, please open up another round of dillo's.

I personally, right now, hate the NRA.  I am more than willing to donate a couple dollars to Nolo though.  PLEASE.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:22:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

All roads go through LaRue.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 10:31:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It just goes to show the stupidity of all this. Why not just let the normal AG succession occur? Why let this even be raised as an issue? Now we get to fight over whether they can ratify something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk is that DOJ is deciding on whether to have new AG Barr ratify Whitaker's signature on the final rule. Hmmmm.
It means they believe you have a case, which actually bodes well.for an injunction. IMO the 90 day clock should reset at the time of ratification.
It just goes to show the stupidity of all this. Why not just let the normal AG succession occur? Why let this even be raised as an issue? Now we get to fight over whether they can ratify something?
Maybe it's all an elaborate ruse (sorry, couldn't resist )
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 12:56:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Talk is that DOJ is deciding on whether to have new AG Barr ratify Whitaker’s signature on the final rule. Hmmmm.
View Quote
If it requires AG Barr to sign off, it wasn't valid when signed in December and the 90 countdown is invalid.

If it doesn't require AG Barr to sign off, what is the point of him signing it? Does he have nothing better to do?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:05:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fighting costs money.
The government has unlimited funds, so long as electrons flow through copper.
OTOH ...

Does that enlighten you to some degree?
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 1:30:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
If it requires AG Barr to sign off, it wasn't valid when signed in December and the 90 countdown is invalid.

If it doesn't require AG Barr to sign off, what is the point of him signing it? Does he have nothing better to do?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talk is that DOJ is deciding on whether to have new AG Barr ratify Whitaker’s signature on the final rule. Hmmmm.

Agree. Same question for me, too.
Page / 20
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top