Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:49:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When a gun (and presumeably basic human rights) enthusiast sees someone with blue hair at the range does he

A. Go say hi and offer to help them out, generally be polite, and maybe bring them around to the understanding no one is as qualified to take care of them as themselves if they didn't know already?
-or-
B. Post a thread about it on arfcom titled Noticed a lot of "leftist lookers" at ranges lately?
View Quote
Exactly.  OP and unfortunately many others in this thread make themselves out as some kind of caricature of the typical, ignorant "gun owner" whose actions and words indicate he believes only "conservative, white, Christians" should own guns.  And if you have a different political belief, different race or ethnicity, a different religion, or somehow don't fit his idea of "normal," then you're not entitled to exercise your GOD-GIVEN human rights of self defense and gun ownership as represented by the 2nd amendment and you should be suspected, distrusted, and looked at with disgust.

FUDD who fundamentally doesn't understand the point of the 2nd amendment:

- "Liberal?" no guns for you!  Might be ANTIFA!!!1!!
- "Muslim?" no guns for you!  Might be a TERRORIZTS!!111!!!
- "Black?" no guns for you!  Might be a THUG(nice new word for "n*gger") BLACKPANTHER #BLM Terrorismsists!!!111!!!
- "Purple hair?" no guns for you! Might be a SCARY YOUNG PERSON!!!!11!!!!
- etc...

It's pathetic.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:52:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Exactly.  OP and unfortunately many others in this thread make themselves out as some kind of caricature of the typical, ignorant "gun owner" whose actions and words indicate he believes only "conservative, white, Christians" should own guns.  And if you have a different political belief, different race or ethnicity, a different religion, or somehow don't fit his idea of "normal," then you're not entitled to exercise your GOD-GIVEN human rights of self defense and gun ownership as represented by the 2nd amendment and you should be suspected, distrusted, and looked at with disgust.

- "Black?" no guns for you!  Might be a THUG(nice new word for "n*gger") BLACKPANTHER #BLM Terrorismsists!!!111!!!
- etc...

It's pathetic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When a gun (and presumeably basic human rights) enthusiast sees someone with blue hair at the range does he

A. Go say hi and offer to help them out, generally be polite, and maybe bring them around to the understanding no one is as qualified to take care of them as themselves if they didn't know already?
-or-
B. Post a thread about it on arfcom titled Noticed a lot of "leftist lookers" at ranges lately?

- etc...

It's pathetic.
lol

Shut up SJW.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:55:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So you can determine a persons political affiliation by their looks?
View Quote
Most of the time, easily.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:58:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 12:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Muggles!
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I could actually legally shoot them should they show up at my range as it is my back yard.

However, I take the opposite approach and work to convert the unbelievers into damp pantied moaners lauding the virtues of fucking while breathing in cordite...
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
lol

Shut up SJW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-or-

- etc...

It's pathetic.
lol

Shut up SJW.
I presume that's intended as an insult?  (CoC#6)

But seriously, why be a paranoid caricature?  By welcoming "other people" to gun-ownership you can help put a huge crack in their misinformed worldview.  It's one way to start eroding their "liberal" thinking and falsehoods about firearm ownership and who knows, maybe even other topics.  If they're the thinking type, they may come around and begin to question other "liberal" and so-called "Lefty" or any other bullshit ideas.

Oh well.  I guess it's easier to just say "shut up" or glare at the "weirdos" from the protection of your lane, making sure not to make eye contact, lest you actually get into a conversation.  The horror!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:06:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

But seriously, why be a paranoid caricature?  By welcoming "other people" to gun-ownership you can help put a huge crack in their misinformed worldview.  It's one way to start eroding their "liberal" thinking and falsehoods about firearm ownership and who knows, maybe even other topics.  If they're the thinking type, they may come around and begin to question other "liberal" and so-called "Lefty" or any other bullshit ideas.

Oh well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-or-

- etc...

It's pathetic.
lol

Shut up SJW.

Oh well.
I like the optimism, but I'm afraid that's not how liberals think.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-or-

- etc...

It's pathetic.
lol

Shut up SJW.

Oh well.
plenty are entirely within reach. you just have to try.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:09:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Guy I bought my G43 from had Trump/Pence sticker, Magpul sticker, and gun company logo "Coexist" sticker on his car. Dude gets out and he looks like the faggiest hipster ever. He was cool as hell to talk to, and he gave me a nice deal on the pistol. I was quite pleasantly surprised.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Ever been to a gun show?  I've seen some real circus freaks at them, and it's not a new trend.

I don't care what people look like, as long as they leave me alone and they don't smell bad.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:26:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Blue hair girl twentyish with equally weird looking boyfriend.  Lots of others , that just one for today.

Any of you that go to a public range noting the same?

I have been using a range near me and it seems to have really picked up with that type. Before election, never saw that type at this range.
View Quote
I'm confused about this blue-haired person.  Most blue-haired ladies are in their late 70s, at the earliest.  What caused this young lady to age so quickly?  And why is she looking left?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:34:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Often. That's what stereotypes are.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And this. As long as they aren't photographing me, whatever. I would actually be tempted to dialog with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Who cares?
And this. As long as they aren't photographing me, whatever. I would actually be tempted to dialog with them.
They can photograph you at a public range.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:40:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Often. That's what stereotypes are.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/4/2018 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Anyone with a hair color that doesn't occur in nature is crazy as a shit house rat. You can count on that. And most true crazies are liberal.
View Quote
When I had my hair dyed bright red and black 15 years ago, and already had a good start on my gun collection, I preferred “mildly eccentric and conservative”, thank you very much.

A girl with long dyed hair and sporting a leather jacket is more likely to be conservative (and own a snake) while a girl with short dyed hair and no sign of leather is probably gonna be liberal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:00:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That's not a new thing around here. Lot's of people like and own guns that you wouldn't expect.
View Quote
That's Idaho too.  Fucking liberal nut jobs, all for big government but love their firearms and fail to see the disconnect.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Anyone with a hair color that doesn't occur in nature is crazy as a shit house rat. You can count on that. And most true crazies are liberal.
View Quote
You finally said something I agree with.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:10:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This thread is full of fuckery.

Inkies are FSA felons!

Queers can't be conservatives!

Don't do your own heart surgery? Fuck your a FSA loser.
View Quote
Statistically, queers aren't conservative ask BP and LP and I'd bet the vast majority 80% plus are liberal. Are there outliers sure, but they aren't the rule.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Noticed a few frail hipster ish looking dudes in skinny jeans at a gun counter the other day. Seemed to not know what they were doing with a firearm. Don't really care the more people with skin in the game the better as far as the 2A goes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#21]
I think we have a comunication breakdown happening in this thread.

To my mind (and I think OPs) a leftist is a much different animal than a Democrat, or a progressive,  or someone who just voted for Obama and maybe doesn't like Trump because their friends say he's bad.

To me a leftist is a Militant, Antifa, Black Bloc, Marxist, Communist.

They're not interested in having a discussion,  they don't want to adopt the strongest arguments in a free marketplace of ideas.

You either turn to communism or get your face bashed in,.. that's a leftist to me.

They do all wear very similar uniforms, I can usually see em coming from a block away, and literally smell them coming from further (They tend to not wear deoderant).

So some people here are taking OP literally, that blue hair tattoos and piercings are the only indicators being used to identify these people.

Those things are generally part of it, but when you are in the presence of pure evil you know it, I see it first hand all the time.

My friends all have ink and piercings,  some of them are gun owners, some of them don't like Trump all of them are good people, non of them are leftists.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 5:54:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Pics?
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:09:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:10:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Right around the time the antifa protests started I noticed an increase in hipster looking shooters (the type of people who  look like they are part of the redneck revolt) at the range I work at pt. I have no animosity towards hipsters, or anyone really unless they are actively violent towards me. If It was slow and a shooter needed some pointers I'd often help out shooters, beyond safety things like grip, trigger control, etc. Once I realized that there may be antifa sympathizers shooting I stopped across the board.

I think profiling is an acceptable way to stay safe but after sitting on the line, watching shooters shoot and interact with their friends I cannot always say for sure, sometimes I can though and it's not a knee jerk reaction to tattoos or piercings. If you pay attention you can piece together clues.

I have lived by General Mattis's quote a long time “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” I am always polite and professional but I'm not going to actively aid the enemy.

I'm 33, with tattoos and so does my wife
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Because they're actively training based on the left's "right wing Trump people are going to come kill you" bullshit that circulates in those horseshit "resist" groups.

We are the enemy they're "training" against.

Can we all get on the same page here?  Maybe?  Good.  Because as the kids say "Get woke" to what the other side thinks about you, your family, and your country.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:37:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Blue hair does not mean political affiliation.

I dated a Pakistani woman recently who built her own black rifle.  Her muzzie dad was a big time Trump supporter.

They're both from NY.
View Quote
Then they are commies.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:39:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Bull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Bull.
In broad strokes of course. There are exceptions.

I might be arfcom's 3 sigma event of exceptions to the rule.

Brb taqqiya.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:41:47 AM EDT
[#29]
View All Quotes
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Only felons, sailors and circus strongman have tatoos! Stereotypes exist for a reason! Certainly isn't that the world has changed since I was 19
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Pic isn't loading? Do I want to know
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If i see one at my range they are trespassing
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Disguised aliens - advanced scouts before the invasion force arrives
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 7:58:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Go to a better range? Public ones always have tweakers way before.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:17:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Throw in mannerism and posture, you could probably nail it 95% of the time.
View Quote
They might just be European though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:21:22 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Am I the only one who thinks blue hair chicks are fucking sexy?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Blue hair girl twentyish with equally weird looking boyfriend.  Lots of others , that just one for today.

Any of you that go to a public range noting the same?

I have been using a range near me and it seems to have really picked up with that type. Before election, never saw that type at this range.
Am I the only one who thinks blue hair chicks are fucking sexy?
It's meh when they hit that phase in high school. Not attracted to it but wouldn't turn down the poon either if I were their age.

At my age, anyone who still does it is trying WAY too hard.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:25:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
"Quoted:
So you can determine a persons political affiliation by their looks?"

During the last presidential primaries I stopped at a Discount Tires. I parked next to a Nissan Frontier with a Bernie sticker.
On my way in I decided to see if I could guess who the owner was of said vehicle was.
Sure enough it was rather obvious it belonged to a millennial in line ahead of me. Later I watched him go back to his truck and leave when he didn't like the price he was quoted for tires.
View Quote
I play that game too.

Sometimes I am way off.

But, a notable percentage of the time, the guesses are quite accurate.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

lol

Shut up SJW.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#39]
You can’t always judge a book by its cover. That old axiom holds true.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
With a fair amount of accuracy? Yes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Usually
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-or-

- etc...

It's pathetic.
lol

Shut up SJW.

Oh well.
Yep.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:16:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Your going to get smurfed watch your six
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:24:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im pretty sure that most liberals can pretty easily spot an afcommer on sight, dont you?
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
I'm old enough to remember when anyone without a whitewall or flat top haircut was considered a hippie.

I wonder how many of the people on this forum have those type haircuts today? And how many have just plain long hair, which would have been considered girls hair when I was young? Many people then disparaged the "long haired pinko" people for no other reason than it was different than what they considered to be right.

When I was a junior on the high school baseball team one day, when I hadn't had a haircut in a few weeks, the coach came up to me and slowly walked around looking at my head. He said "You need a haircut".  I pointed my finger at my head and told him "It's my hair coach. And I don't need a haircut."  He couldn't do anything about it because I was the best pitcher he had and we had the best baseball team in both of the two conferences our school belonged to. Thankfully he was replaced the next year by a better coach. That coach didn't care how you wore your hair, only that we win. And we did win.

Results count. Appearances don't. Fashions and hair styles come and go and are pretty much meaningless.

No, you cannot determine a person's political affiliation by their looks alone. Better judge them by the company they keep and the way they live their lives.

P.S.

I despise the current fad of a body full of tattoos on men and especially on women. But I make no particular judgement of the person based simply on a bad choice they made by going to a tattoo parlor.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statistically, yes.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

-or-
View Quote
Normally I would go with this, but as polarized as the country has become and with the rise of the antifa and resist communists I would rather they stay ignorant of guns.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Aren't you the same guy who used the phrase "Johnson worshipers" on page 1?
View Quote
I think he was talking about Gary (Whats an Aleppo) Johnson. the Libtardarian demi-god
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Then they are commies.
View Quote
From doesn’t mean they live there.

I’m originally from California, and I’ll be damned if I ever vote for a damn Commie
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top