Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Props on getting an EOD team sent out over a toy.
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just shoot your dog now and get it over with.
View Quote
He'll never see it coming...

ETA: his dog is blind
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Dibs on guns and mortars
View Quote
Dibs on your storage unit!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2017 4:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Know your helicopters....just sayin.

Link Posted: 12/22/2017 4:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Did the Bomb Squad blow it up to determine it was a toy?
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He'll never see it coming...

ETA: his dog is blind
View Quote

I will sent Rocky over to poop on your floor for that comment, lol! Good news is he'll probably get distracted and just run into a few walls and then steal some muffins instead
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am surprised they caught it
View Quote
Most likely they didn't catch it - most carriers x-ray all packages prior to putting them on the plane & then they call the USPIS when they find something that looks like a gun or bomb.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Let me see your hands!"

"They're cuffed.."

"Let me see your hands!"  Blam blam blam blam

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be gone on duty...if suddenly I am let off duty for no apparent reason, I will just pre-cuff myself.
"Let me see your hands!"

"They're cuffed.."

"Let me see your hands!"  Blam blam blam blam

Good point, might as well save everyone a lot of trouble and pre-shoot yourself.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 6:44:24 PM EDT
[#9]
The IRS will call tomorrow.

Send them the $3,452 they say you owe using iTunes cards.  They love iTunes.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 9:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Update:

Because people have asked- the following company is who I purchased the airsoft M49A2 round from.  Be advised that CBP seemed to think it was an actual round that was an improper demil and wanted to drill a hole in it.  It took quite a bit of explaining to convince them otherwise.

If you should decide to order one of these airsoft props, couple lessons learned:

1) Make sure the shipper disassembles it at least into separate fuze, tail, and body pieces.

2) Make sure the shipper clearly labels it as AIRSOFT...because CBP seemed to think that the words "inert" and "replica" meant it is a real and dangerous weapon, or can readily be converted to such.  They, including whoever the bomb squad "expert" was, do not have a thorough understanding of mortar rounds requiring a lift charge (in the case of the M49A2, a lift charge that hasn't been made or available in years), or a detonator that is not present, or that these lack a safety setback fuze...or any number of other issues.  They wanted me to provide an ATF Form 6 for release of a toy.

3) DON'T LET THE SHIPPER SEND IT VIA FRAKING AIR MAIL!!!!!  Bad things will happen.  Seriously...

And now...the company that sells these fine airsoft props:

Svoboda (which according to Jenzilla apparently means "Freedom" in Russian...) Airsoft
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#11]
So, did you get it back? The “they wanted” part is throwing me.

Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:11:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait, you mean you actually had someone from the postal inspectors office do something?

Oh they just handed it off to the FBI, makes sense now.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:13:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Update:

Because people have asked- the following company is who I purchased the airsoft M49A2 round from.  Be advised that CBP seemed to think it was an actual round that was an improper demil and wanted to drill a hole in it.  It took quite a bit of explaining to convince them otherwise.

If you should decide to order one of these airsoft props, couple lessons learned:

1) Make sure the shipper disassembles it at least into separate fuze, tail, and body pieces.

2) Make sure the shipper clearly labels it as AIRSOFT...because CBP seemed to think that the words "inert" and "replica" meant it is a real and dangerous weapon, or can readily be converted to such.  They, including whoever the bomb squad "expert" was, do not have a thorough understanding of mortar rounds requiring a lift charge (in the case of the M49A2, a lift charge that hasn't been made or available in years), or a detonator that is not present, or that these lack a safety setback fuze...or any number of other issues.  They wanted me to provide an ATF Form 6 for release of a toy.

3) DON'T LET THE SHIPPER SEND IT VIA FRAKING AIR MAIL!!!!!  Bad things will happen.  Seriously...

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ap2u20V9HNTIQ/giphy.gif

And now...the company that sells these fine airsoft props:

Svoboda (which according to Jenzilla apparently means "Freedom" in Russian...) Airsoft
View Quote
It's better to find an airsoft retailer in the US and buy from them.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:15:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Dude, you are a legend. Now I want my own mortar. Make it a 120mm. I bet the mortar shells could be cast.
Link Posted: 12/26/2017 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#16]
They make a 120mm or 155mm inert round?
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 8:57:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn I cant believe they didn't blow it up
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#18]
So...who contacted Svoboda about ordering mortar round props?  Apparently they got the story from one of you...
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#19]
@dk-prof
@dominion21
@Wingnut116ACW
@DimaChado

See OP.  If only it had arrived before Jenzilla left to meet up with us...
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:27:41 AM EDT
[#20]
OST .
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:36:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
That’s awesome!

View Quote
Epically Awesome!

No apparent holes drilled in it.  Doesn't look scratched.  And they didn't even paint it orange!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 1:04:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top