Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 202
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
With the brake issue as bad as Leclerc says it was, seems like a dick move to fight so hard to keep Carlos from passing.  But, it seems on point.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:54:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By willi3d:
Heard about 9-10 laps from the end:

Sainz:  When do we expect his (Perez’s) softs to start going off?
Ferrari:  Let me get back to you.
Ferrari: After the next lap we expect you to be quicker on the hards than he is on the softs.

Don’t ever change, Ferrari.  
View Quote

Honeslty.  Why all this blame on Ferrari though? Where was Mercedes? Where was mc laren ? Aston Martin ?

Ferrari had a huge tire management issue last year. They were able to address it, while at the same time improve by a larger margin thab RB did (but it’s a given it’s more difficult to improve what works best already)

I mean they sucked today, as everyone expected/hoped  them to have closed the gap more, but if they did suck, why all the other teams get a pass?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:56:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#3]
With the brake issue as bad as Leclerc says it was, seems like a dick move to fight so hard to keep Carlos from passing.  But, it seems on point.
View Quote

This I agree with.

But on this the blame is on Vasseur. Drivers are all ego driven. They will rarely help their teammate.

But it’s exactly where team orders have a place
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#4]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:22:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mars87] [#5]
Yuki had some sympathy coming for RB decision making… until the cool down lap dive bomb on Danny. He’s done. Just an absolute man child.

Edit - Nevermind. Yuki should’ve let Danny by when initially asked. Time to launch.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:26:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Mars87:
Yuki had some sympathy coming for RB decision making… until the cool down lap dive bomb on Danny. He’s done. Just an absolute man child.
View Quote

All the teams seem to have interpersonal issues. Odd that they can’t get along.  Must be a ton of aggressive personalities in one place.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:33:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Edit - Nevermind. Yuki should’ve let Danny by when initially asked. Time to launch.
View Quote

I'm surprised they didn't have Danny and Yuki switch back headed to the checkered.  But I guess at the end of the day no points is not points in either position.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By racerpk11:

I'm surprised they didn't have Danny and Yuki switch back headed to the checkered.  But I guess at the end of the day no points is not points in either position.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They might want a jilted/angry Yuki (motivation).
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Excited that new season is here! Love me some F1, or as i've taken to calling it the last couple years; "Jackrabbit Max and the 19 turtles".
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Yuki delayed letting Ric by for about a lap and a half. By then Max caught them and they were blue flagged. Ric used up what was left of his softs to catch the Haas. If Yuki let him by when asked, Ric has a significantly better chance at passing the Haas. No points were going to be scored, so ultimately I guess it doesn’t matter. Yukis antics at the end of the race were nuts though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By fike:
Alpine's technical director and head of aero have "resigned".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alpine-facing-fresh-headache-as-f1-technical-director-head-of-aero-resign/10582492/
View Quote
The biggest failure story of the year, for sure.
A decent midfield team last year that put their program in reverse and slammed the throttle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]
https://imgur.com/a/iardMjx

Guy has anger management issues.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't like Yuki. Seems like a dick and acts like a spoiled brat.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:28:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:35:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Very good/open/truthful responses from Carlos. He’s off the leash already.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Honeslty.  Why all this blame on Ferrari though? Where was Mercedes? Where was mc laren ? Aston Martin ?

Ferrari had a huge tire management issue last year. They were able to address it, while at the same time improve by a larger margin thab RB did (but it’s a given it’s more difficult to improve what works best already)

I mean they sucked today, as everyone expected/hoped  them to have closed the gap more, but if they did suck, why all the other teams get a pass?
View Quote

I wasn’t blaming anyone.  I thought the reappearance of the phrase “We’ll get back to you” was funny, and it’s clear that whatever Batcomputer they were using to estimate tire deg on the Red Bull was quite off.  They said Sainz would be faster with such confidence.  Just thought it was humorous, nothing more.  I wouldn’t read anything else into it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Spartan16:
I don't like Yuki. Seems like a dick and acts like a spoiled brat.
View Quote

I hope Danny fucking crushes him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:28:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Hmm

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1044990/1/jos-verstappen-blazing-row-christian-horner-there-tension-here

Jos Verstappen reportedly argued with Christian Horner in Bahrain and has called for the Red Bull boss to lose his job.

The father of Max Verstappen and the Red Bull team principal had a “blazing row” on Friday at the F1 Bahrain Grand Prix, the Daily Mail report.

Jos stormed out before returning to shake hands.

“There is tension here while he remains in position,” Jos then told the newspaper.

“The team is in danger of being torn apart. It can't go on the way it is. It will explode.

“He is playing the victim, when he is the one causing the problems.”

Horner's 'affiliates' have told the Daily Mail that they believe Jos is actively trying to undermine his job in charge of the F1 team.

Jos denied being the source of the leaked alleged evidence from Horner's recent investigation which stunned F1 this week.

"That wouldn't make sense," Jos told the newspaper. "Why would I do that when Max is doing so well here?"
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:53:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Who's the bigger shitbag father living through his son's accomplishments?
Pat Mahomes Sr. or Jos Verstappen?

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:
View Quote

Reliability is a source of boring seasons. The impact that Parc Ferme had, going from 2003 to 2004 is pretty crazy.

Pulled this from a reddit post from last year.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Hmm

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/1044990/1/jos-verstappen-blazing-row-christian-horner-there-tension-here

Jos Verstappen reportedly argued with Christian Horner in Bahrain and has called for the Red Bull boss to lose his job.

The father of Max Verstappen and the Red Bull team principal had a “blazing row” on Friday at the F1 Bahrain Grand Prix, the Daily Mail report.

“There is tension here while he remains in position,” Jos then told the newspaper.

“The team is in danger of being torn apart. It can't go on the way it is. It will explode.

Horner's 'affiliates' have told the Daily Mail that they believe Jos is actively trying to undermine his job in charge of the F1 team.

Jos denied being the source of the leaked alleged evidence from Horner's recent investigation which stunned F1 this week.

"That wouldn't make sense," Jos told the newspaper. "Why would I do that when Max is doing so well here?"
View Quote

Ya there's no doubt Jos is behind all of this, and all he's going to do is fuck up Max's career.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Why are the RB so dominate?  More HP?  It seems the aero packages which are visible to everyone would be benchmarked if they were the deciding factor.  

If you erase them from the race, it is pretty even, even the back markers are close enough to be contenders on a good day.  Hell, the most interesting fray of the race was between HAAS and RB in the 10-15 placings.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 8:36:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mars87] [#23]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
Why are the RB so dominate?  More HP?  It seems the aero packages which are visible to everyone would be benchmarked if they were the deciding factor.  

If you erase them from the race, it is pretty even, even the back markers are close enough to be contenders on a good day.  Hell, the most interesting fray of the race was between HAAS and RB in the 10-15 placings.
View Quote

They got the new regs right. See Mercedes before them. Red Bull before that. They have the most efficient car on the grid that also happens to be the most gentle on its tires.

In that interview above, Carlos said Red Bull on softs degrades like everyone else on hards.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:22:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#24]
Originally Posted By poison123:

Ya there's no doubt Jos is behind all of this, and all he's going to do is fuck up Max's career.
View All Quotes
Hmm

I don’t get it. Trying to find the angle here.

ETA: Deleted. I read enough on Reddit that it is starting to make sense. Silly and sad.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 10:33:51 PM EDT
[#25]

ETA: Deleted. I read enough on Reddit that it is starting to make sense. Silly and sad.
View All Quotes
Hmm

Care to share what you discovered?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:08:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#26]
Originally Posted By chaas67:

View All Quotes
Hmm

As the story goes:

At some point, Horner probably actually had a consensual relationship (of some sort) with his personal assistant.
At some point, the personal assistant began to have a relationship with Jos Verstappen.
The accusation was made in an attempt to get rid of Horner (power struggle after Mateschitz’s death).
The leaks, info, etc. came via Jos through Erik van Haren in the Dutch media.
The Thai owners do not see a consensual relationship as a reason to fire Horner.

Reference everything above with tweets from Joe Saward:

ETA: The story tonight also originally came from Erik van Haren and is the last bit of leverage they think they have to try to get rid of Horner. Max leaving the team.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:22:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#27]
Apparently yesterday Charles had a 100C degree difference in the brakes from right to left. Changing the brake balance to the rear and the engine setting allowed to minimize the issue, at the cost of performance.

Apparently they had IDed an issue before the race and changed the left cooling intake, but the issue appeared then on the right.

Anyway, normal Ferrari shit…

Interestingly Red Bull also had issue with brakes during FP….  apparently Max went from Carbon Industries to Brembo
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
A decent midfield team last year that put their program in reverse and slammed the throttle.
View All Quotes
Alpine's technical director and head of aero have "resigned".

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alpine-facing-fresh-headache-as-f1-technical-director-head-of-aero-resign/10582492/

It’s not surprising at all. It’s a bunch of frenchies doing French things to make it even more French because French is best…only it’s not.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:15:23 AM EDT
[#29]

As the story goes:

At some point, Horner probably actually had a consensual relationship (of some sort) with his personal assistant.
At some point, the personal assistant began to have a relationship with Jos Verstappen.
The accusation was made in an attempt to get rid of Horner (power struggle after Mateschitz’s death).
The Thai owners do not see a consensual relationship as a reason to fire Horner.

ETA: The story tonight also originally came from Erik van Haren and is the last bit of leverage they think they have to try to get rid of Horner. Max leaving the team.

View All Quotes
Hmm

As the story goes:

It's never money, power or politics that break up a great band, it's pussy that is the golden bullet to bring the whole party to a stop.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#30]
what about Toto having talks with Jos Verstappen post GP ?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:17:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Lando, George and Alex go karting AGAIN five years later ????
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes
Hmm

Nice to know that even in a multi billion dollar sport at the pinnacle of motorsports and engineering, you still have Dance Moms.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#33]
I may be dead last in the fantasy league but that didn't stop me from making 380 dollars on yesterday's race.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Standard Toto.  Fanning the flames in hopes of getting Max to come to Mercedes, all the while he’s denying that’s what he’s doing.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#35]
RPM released his 2023 awards video on Friday.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#36]

Standard Toto.  Fanning the flames in hopes of getting Max to come to Mercedes, all the while he’s denying that’s what he’s doing.
View All Quotes

Can’t really blame him. He’s speaking to Max’s manager, but I’m not sure the manager is speaking for Max.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#37]
The final card has been played in the soap opera that is Red Bull.

It’s now up to Max.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Max just needs to tell his dad to STFU. He probably won’t.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 1:53:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Teamer:
Max just needs to tell his dad to STFU. He probably won’t.
View Quote

It’s too late at this point. He either speaks for Max or he doesn’t and Max is going to have to give an answer to (a) end all of the nonsense or (b) make RB choose between him or Horner.

Max probably needs to call Lewis and get some advice about fathers and careers.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Jos the Boss is going to end up ruining his son's career. He has ruined everything else.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:44:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tifosi] [#41]
If the rumors fike posted are somewhat true, this PA chick sounds like a bit of a "paddock bunny". Are we not allowed to slut shame anymore?

Also, what do you think Saward is referencing in that tweet when he says "anger management"?

Also Jos does need to STFU. He raced for over a decade with a best finish of P3 and 17 career points. Max
needs to tell pops to take a seat in the corner.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:46:47 PM EDT
[#42]

It’s now up to Max.
View Quote

Something happen this morning?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

It’s now up to Max.

Apparently, Sulayem has asked Max to publicly support Horner. As reported by Telegraff and supposedly confirmed by BBC Sport.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:17:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fike] [#44]

View All Quotes

It’s now up to Max.

Jos has given quotes to multiple British outlets that “either Horner leaves or Max is leaving”.

As mentioned above, Sulayem has asked Max to publicly support Horner (and we can only assume that comes after private discussions).

Max is now forced to publicly take a side that sees him dumping his father and his manager or leaving Red Bull.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:20:49 PM EDT
[#45]
If the rumors fike posted are somewhat true, this PA chick sounds like a bit of a "paddock bunny". Are we not allowed to slut shame anymore?

Also, what do you think Saward is referencing in that tweet when he says "anger management"?

Also Jos does need to STFU. He raced for over a decade with a best finish of P3 and 17 career points. Max
needs to tell pops to take a seat in the corner.
View Quote

Look no further than Jos on the subject of anger management.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:22:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Jos has given quotes to multiple British outlets that “either Horner leaves or Max is leaving”.

As mentioned above, Sulayem has asked Max to publicly support Horner (and we can only assume that comes after private discussions).

Max is now forced to publicly take a side that sees him dumping his father and his manager or leaving Red Bull.
View Quote

Jos has really fucked up a good thing.  Max has always steered away from the drama, his Mom and Dad seem to always initiate that shit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Keep Horner

Let V-stap go to Merc

Offer Hamilton the Red Bull seat for lulz, then withdraw offer.

Have open auditions for anyone in Red Bull family, +Sainz because why not, to test laps  in RB20.  Best average time over 10 hot laps, top 2 finishers get a Red Bull seat, next to get Toro Rosso Alpha RB or whatever.  Sell filming/broadcast rights to Netflix for special miniseries.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Alternatively, Red Bull should do literally whatever it takes to keep Newey.  Anything.  Newey wants someone promoted, they promote.  
Newey wants to change the Red Bull recipe to include actual cocaine, he gets it.
Newey wants someone to go away, that person is found dead in a ditch the next day.

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Jos just needs to go fuck off somewhere else.  

He's just benefitting off his son because he couldn't benefit when he was in f1....
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 4:12:08 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Don’t agree with the FIA asking Max to do this.  I know they are pushing the “damaging the sport” storyline, but I think they shouldn’t be meddling in this at all.  In the end, it probably will come down to a decision by Max because it’s likely that Red Bull isn’t going fire Horner, and Horner isn’t going to leave on his own.  Would love to see Horner kick Jos out of the garage and tell him to stay out.
Page / 202
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top