BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If the Hellcat sales are any indication, scumbag dealers are going to mark them up to $150K...
View Quote
I'm sure even without a price tag there is a backlog of buyers. Supply and demand. How long before the hellcat was sitting for sale at msrp? 2 years?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:59:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I'm sure even without a price tag there is a backlog of buyers. Supply and demand. How long before the hellcat was sitting for sale at msrp? 2 years?
View Quote
Supposedly there's only 3000 for the US, 300 for Canada, it's only scheduled for 1 year of production, & the dealers will know in advance how many they're getting.
No way they sell them for MSRP.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Supposedly there's only 3000 for the US, 300 for Canada, it's only scheduled for 1 year of production, & the dealers will know in advance how many they're getting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ohh shit, only 3000 in the usa? Why not whore them out to anyone with a decent credit score? Where did you find info on the 3300 production run?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's been done before but I can't remember who it was and whether or not it was a production car. Almost want to say it was a F-150 but can't remember. Cool idea.
View Quote
I know a guy with a couple turbo Dakotas (4.7 and 5.9) who lives in AZ and he's got his A/W intercoolers chilled with the AC.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ohh shit, only 3000 in the usa? Why not whore them out to anyone with a decent credit score? Where did you find info on the 3300 production run?
View Quote
The Allpar link that was posted on the last page.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch, not many at all.  They will definitely be similar to the latest run of limited production Fords... dealers jacking the prices up and people still lining up to buy them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
They will all be sold tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:17:46 PM EDT
[#8]
OK I'll be that guy

"but can it turn?"

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#9]
There are oodles of 'regular' SRT cars and a handful of Hellcats running around my area, I'm hoping at least one Demon finds it way onto a road nearby.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's been done before but I can't remember who it was and whether or not it was a production car. Almost want to say it was a F-150 but can't remember. Cool idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the part about the A/C cooling the charge air.
I think the 2nd Gen F150 Lightning with the Supercharged 5.4 did that.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:07:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And you have a drag car that you can't run at the track because it doesn't have a cage...
View Quote
This right here. It won't take the track owners long to figure out what these cars are capable of. Then, no soup for you.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:13:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag for more info. 
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:23:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Tag for more info. 
View Quote
I'm not sure how much more info will be coming

Be aware, where I got a lot of my information that I posted here, came from some very highly regarded insiders. I believe some things changed because the 840 number came completely out of left field. It was never referenced anywhere in any of the teasers

The insiders have gone completely silent, undoubtedly trying to figure out what changed

Regardless, this is a badass car
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:48:21 PM EDT
[#14]
camaro and mustang owners are on suicide watch
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like the part about the A/C cooling the charge air.
Nope, just plain old bilge pump moving water through a heat exchanger just like all the other supercharged Fords, Chevrolets and previous Mopars.

Quoted:
Nah, it's a damn Dodge.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:12:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Be aware, where I got a lot of my information that I posted here, came from some very highly regarded insiders. I believe some things changed because the 840 number came completely out of left field. It was never referenced anywhere in any of the teasers

The insiders have gone completely silent, undoubtedly trying to figure out what changed

View Quote
I really want to see if that 1000HP number will come up again. Perhaps with 116 octane?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:13:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Holy shit!

If the leak is correct they are saying 9's stock and deep into the 8's with a few mods, namely the driveshaft.
View Quote
If I recall correctly don't you have a modded Challenger pushing over 1100 horses?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:17:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol Vin Diesel
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
OK I'll be that guy

"but can it turn?"

View Quote
It's a dodge. It will be lucky to even crank over after a week of ownership.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
before they go "LOL DEMAND WAY MORE THAN EXPECTED - GONNA MAKE 6,000 FOR 2019"
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:32:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

This right here. It won't take the track owners long to figure out what these cars are capable of. Then, no soup for you.
View Quote
Actually NHRA changed their rules a while back.  Too many fast production cars. If your car is 2008 or newer, you can run 10 second 1/4 miles WITHOUT a cage.  They had to.  Any schmoe can go buy a new Z06 and run in the 10's.  Seriously.  Bone stock automatic Z06 on drag radials was running 10.70's on Saturday.  The guy said it was almost boring.  Of course the guy in the 9 second Cadillac had a cage.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

It's a dodge. It will be lucky to even crank over after a week of ownership.
View Quote
It'll never make it to the arctic. 

The 11 Thousand Mile Road Trip - Intro
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:35:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
If I was only worried about bench, 1/4 or 1/8 mile racing. This is a nitch car setup for one thing. Get it out on a road course and then I will start to worry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:39:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Actually NHRA changed their rules a while back.  Too many fast production cars. If your car is 2008 or newer, you can run 10 second 1/4 miles WITHOUT a cage.  They had to.  Any schmoe can go buy a new Z06 and run in the 10's.  Seriously.  Bone stock automatic Z06 on drag radials was running 10.70's on Saturday.  The guy said it was almost boring.  Of course the guy in the 9 second Cadillac had a cage.
View Quote
Well since they were posting times in the 9's and possibly 8's. Guess your rule change won't be a big help. Without a doubt cars are getting faster that the sanctioning bodies can keep up with.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:39:51 PM EDT
[#25]
i was listening to late night with delilah and some dude in a mustang called in crying, saying that the dodge demon was bullshit and he couldn't afford the markup on one

he was en route to meineke to have his magnaflow catback installed to make himself feel better and to gain 3hp
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
For the first guy who buys one

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:46:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For the first guy who buys one

View Quote
Fixed.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well since they were posting times in the 9's and possibly 8's. Guess your rule change won't be a big help. Without a doubt cars are getting faster that the sanctioning bodies can keep up with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
10 seconds still covers the vast majority of cars and will for years to come.

Dodge could have gone full crazy and put a legal cage in it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

If I was only worried about bench, 1/4 or 1/8 mile racing. This is a nitch car setup for one thing. Get it out on a road course and then I will start to worry.
View Quote
Yeah, but what about niche cars?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:27:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah, but what about niche cars?
View Quote
I was just about to post about how the Delilah post hurt my head. Scrolled down to your post. Fing autocorrect strikes again
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#31]
My favorite fact. Also answers my question of "why the hell do the front tires need to be so wide, and as wide as the rears?"

Answer, per Motortrend, "The rear-wheel-drive car gets 315s at all four corners, so the fronts serve as spares."

The fronts serve as spares.

Smart, as they assume you are going to be going through rear tire pretty quickly
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:58:23 AM EDT
[#32]
as much as i like this car, it's completely pointless as a daily driver
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:05:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Wait... don't you claim to own a hellcat?

Do you really think someone buys this for a DD?! 3 keys for 3 types of.... a fuck it, I ain't feeding this troll.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#34]
The newest ad for the Demon

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
There's a widebody Hellcat, non Demon, coming with a competition suspension.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Do you really think someone buys this for a DD?! 3 keys for 3 types of.... a fuck it, I ain't feeding this troll.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

and some people (seen several on hc forums) were hoping to dd the demon

lots of people (like me) were afraid of it hurting hc value
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:57:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

And you have a drag car that you can't run at the track because it doesn't have a cage...
View Quote
Or a long list of other shit...... for driver gear I wanna says its helmet, neck collar, fire suit, gloves and boots

Cage ( at least a 10 point for sure) , parachute, window net, proper wheel studs, driveshaft loop/s, emergency kill switch on the back, sfi bell housing, sfi fly wheel, sfi scatter shield, pretty sure a shifter with mechanical lock out. engine diaper all come to mind. Im not sure if you need fire suppression but I think thats at 8.50

I don't remember what you need at 9.99 any more and the rule book is at the shop but the above list is probably pretty close. Our bad bitch is certified to 6.0 and the other two are just low 10 sec cars
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

yes

View Quote
You CAN DD the Demon, though. Listen to Tim Kuniskis
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:01:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

10 seconds still covers the vast majority of cars and will for years to come.

Dodge could have gone full crazy and put a legal cage in it.
View Quote
They already make a drag pack car for a factory produced race car.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:14:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Lols

"the front passenger seat costs $1, the back seat costs $1 and the trunk trim costs $1. That Demon Crate with the skinny front wheels, the tools, the high performance PCM, the new switch panel and a few other odds and ends also costs $1, so if you check all of the boxes for those items, it adds $4 to the final price."
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

Of course you could.  Can't imagine why anyone with even an inkling of automotive knowledge would think you couldn't, save for the financial aspect of hurting the car's resale value.  Hell, a buddy of mine (member here, in fact) bought a new 1995 Cobra R (fuel cell, no A/C, no radio, no sound deadener, etc.) from the local Ford dealer and drove it daily for a couple years.  If I recall he put 60,000 or 70,000 miles on it.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Of course you could.  Can't imagine why anyone with even an inkling of automotive knowledge would think you couldn't, save for the financial aspect of hurting the car's resale value.  Hell, a buddy of mine (member here, in fact) bought a new 1995 Cobra R (fuel cell, no A/C, no radio, no sound deadener, etc.) from the local Ford dealer and drove it daily for a couple years.  If I recall he put 60,000 or 70,000 miles on it.
View Quote
Cars like this, the Hellcat, the Shelby GT350, the ZL1 are meant to be driven. Not put in a garage in plastic wrap. Fuck that noise.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Ok, went through two pages and fuckwit still hadn't posted a pic so here it is:

Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#44]
saw the video from the track of it pulling the front wheels
but saw a couple stills from the reveal of it getting extremely light in the front end last night
im sure they prepped for the demo and all that but still...

that pretty flipping nuts out of a production car

Im drawing a blank on the cage thing
I know production cars cant have cages from the factory for two reasons
but right now I cannot think of why
I want to say one of those is insurance reasons but that might be off or a third reason lol

I do know that if you can afford a Demon you can afford to pay a good shop to build a nice cage for the car that meets the nhra specs and is as unobtrusive as possible
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

If I recall correctly don't you have a modded Challenger pushing over 1100 horses?
View Quote
He used to....i think he got rid of it  Twin PTE 6766s on a 426 at 25psi i seem to recall.  I think he was running low 9s or hi 8s.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:41:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL....why?  I drive a mullet mobile
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All it takes to be faster is money. Still have no desire to ever own a Dodge
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:11:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Cars like this, the Hellcat, the Shelby GT350, the ZL1 are meant to be driven. Not put in a garage in plastic wrap. Fuck that noise.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely!  Having a bad ass car that you don't drive is like having a smoking hot wife that you don't touch.  

Quoted:
Quoted:

I really want to see if that 1000HP number will come up again. Perhaps with 116 octane?
I'm sure the 1000hp number will be commonplace once the aftermarket has time to get their hands on a few.  Of course, so will the "HALP!  My Demon spit the crank right through the oil pan" threads when the Johnny come lately "tuners" who just bought a new copy of the HP Tuners software get their hands on them too.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 2:16:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
yes

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes

I could ride a suicide shift shovel head on long road trips too but it doesn't make it smart. While all these new cars are extremely well mannered the cost and maintenance seems like it would be silly for a DD. The drag radials alone would be a fortune.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top