Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3257 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:07:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tacosis:

That's an informative post.  Would the Brad's gun penetrate new Russian tank armor?
View Quote

I'm not sure. I'd say, probably not, unless a flank shot up close, like in an urban setting. I could be wrong.  

However I am very very confident a bradley could fire a TOW2B out of its TOW launcher and kill tanks.  You can fire two missiles and then it takes a few minutes to reload them.  

M2 Bradley Fighting Vehicle in Action • TOW Missiles & M242 Firing

TOW Missile vs T-72 Tank In Slow Motion
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:33:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Tungsten fragments from a HIMARS alternative warhead strike.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlborZoWAAkDcLI?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote

What’s the deal with the Russian calendar guys in the blue helmets and vests? Military Police? Do they think they are going to prosecute anyone?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Have to weed this out wherever it crops up.

View Quote

Strange,  I doubt the USA is any less corrupt but here no one seems to get arrested.  
I am happy to see they are at least trying a bit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:38:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#5]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

What’s the deal with the Russian calendar guys in the blue helmets and vests? Military Police? Do they think they are going to prosecute anyone?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Tungsten fragments from a HIMARS alternative warhead strike.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlborZoWAAkDcLI?format=jpg&name=large

I've been wondering about this as well, they seem to just be confirming what was hit and handing accuracy and battle damage assessments to the Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Pic from a few pages back, isn’t the female on the right the same one that ends up in a lot of Putin’s photo ops?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:43:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CharlieR] [#7]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:

Certainly possible. Especially if protecting humint.

I wonder if they're back to using their cell based comms system that failed in the initial invasion. If so, good way to sow paranoia.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By vahog:

This is the type of thing that should not be put out there, IMO.

Agreed, unless maybe the cell phones had nothing to do with it.

I wonder if they're back to using their cell based comms system that failed in the initial invasion. If so, good way to sow paranoia.

If you type "how to geolocate a cell phone" into google you get 242 million hits. It is not a secret.  

Invade a country and use their cell phone towers and their infrastructure to call home.  All these posts where we hear them talking to their wives and mothers and no one cares...if you can figure out what they are saying you can figure out where they are.

At this point, Darwin is shrugging and reading in the media how they are killing Rus doesnt seem to make a difference.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
Originally Posted By Infantry26:
Originally Posted By Jack67:

Lol, sorry to diminish the thread, but best I recall I was flying alongside the Su-27 like a marvel super-hero, unknown pilot, I was making sure it was going to get to a lab and civilization. We had left Dwight behind on the tarmac somewhere undefined.  Honestly I don't recall dreams at all, but the the fact I recalled this was hilarious.  1st alcohol in weeks and still vaguely Covid sick/post covid sick.

Real value is, please avoid this new WuFlu/Covid if you can! It's not deadly but it is the worst flu you've ever had.  I swear this is in the top 3 of all illnesses I've had in my life and I'm in my 50s, and I had Covid 1.0 back in March 2020.  OTOH monolaurin is a great, cheap OTC antiviral.  Sorry for thread drift but it may help some folks.

True this: I woke up one day from a Covid fever and I recall thinking, "Phantoms! and Castles!"  Then I recall staring at the cabinet next to the bed and falling back into sleep; going back to bed. The next day I found about a dozen pictures of Cold war fighter jets on my iPad, all flying over castles.  No memory of it doing that at all, but another day later I checked my browser history and I had spent two hours doing it and carefully curating the photo collection. No memory of all that.  No memory of it, but I've got like a dozen pictures on my iPad like this:

So yeah this is a PSA to avoid the new weird Covid.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/556465/F6C84A76-7BA4-43DC-BEB1-26AFF2B93B83_jpe-2657784.JPG
My dad used to be a navigator/camera operator in those, (pretty sure it's an RF-4C)  it has the Bergstrom AFB (austin) tail code.  I was born there, then we moved to Zweibrucken AFB (west germany)  from there it was SOP to get castle photos taken like that in front of german castles, I believe that's neuschwansten castle. If it was taken in mid 80s/91 maybe he's in there.  He also supports ukraine so very relevant ...at least I appreciate it.

Hohenzollern Castle:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/70/Burg_Hohenzollern_10-2016.jpg/1280px-Burg_Hohenzollern_10-2016.jpg

Neuschwanstein Castle:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f8/Schloss_Neuschwanstein_2013.jpg/1280px-Schloss_Neuschwanstein_2013.jpg

I was thinking that the first one couldn't be Neuschwanstein unless they forgot to whitewash it for several years...    
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By elcope:

You can stop replying to Fer-FAL, he's been removed from the thread.
View Quote
It seems I may have been mistaken, and he was using sarcasm. I never saw confirmation from Fer-FAL after people said it was maybe sarcasm.

Just saying to be fair. Sorry for the derail.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Gunslinger808:
Pic from a few pages back, isn’t the female on the right the same one that ends up in a lot of Putin’s photo ops?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/C0256C9E-A378-4BCA-8D0F-43B717B98321_jpe-2658276.JPG

View Quote

Yeah, they say they are all FSB agents (already posted but doesn’t hurt to do again imo):
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

That is a sweet pic!!
View Quote

It is, isn’t it? A clean or semi-clean F-4 is a beautiful thing. If I won that $700 million lottery or whatever a month or two ago, this would have been my first purchase:

https://www.trade-a-plane.com/search?make=MCDONNELL+DOUGLAS&model_group=NO+MODEL+GROUP&model=F-4+PHANTOM&listing_id=2315633&s-type=aircraft
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Yes, hopefully this is the case.  Otherwise they should have said it was because they forgot to put up those corner reflectors.  

Or that it was because their abacist didn't have enough counting beads for countermeasures.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kagetora:
So, if Ukrainian casualty estimates posted in the last couple pages are to be believed (100k dead/wounded/captured), that could be a significant factor in Russian leadership, who obviously don't give two shits about either their casualty count or population in general, thinking this operation is going to succeed if they just keep at it a little longer, throw more meat into the meat grinder to break it (to paraphrase a GREAT quote from earlier).

Keep sending tens of thousands of prisoners, ethnic minorities, and anyone else they're happy to get rid of into the teeth of the UA, let them get killed but take out more Ukrainians in the process, then full mobilization for that "final push" they're hoping for.

I would almost think that WOULD succeed, if it weren't for the ridiculous losses they've taken to equipment as well.

Regardless, the number for Ukraine is way too high. Like, 100,000 too high. We need to send them more real equipment in preparation for whatever next push Putin has in mind. The question is, will we?

Many of us here donate to Gentlemanfarmer and his wife's charity and cause, and other similar ventures, but how do we get our .Gov to pull its collective head out of its ass and do better? Writing my Reps and Senators is essentially a lost cause. If I don't send them something that already agrees with their views and talking points, i.e. what supposedly got them elected in the first place and will presumably do so again, they just send out the same form letter ignoring me and re-iterating said talking points. It's ridiculous. It's hard not to just give up at a certain point.

Anyway, this is just me ranting out the thoughts rattling around in my head. And getting frustrated and depressed over them.

Slava Ukraini.

As a side note, I'll second the vote to avoid the shit out of COVID right now. Picked it up on the 10th or so, tested positive until just before Christmas, and it was a horrible time. Do not recommend, 0/10. Lost 10-ish pounds the first week because my throat hurt so bad from coughing I couldn't eat, just drank tea to ease the pain. Couple that with the high fever, aches, chills, sweats, absolutely fucked sinuses, and the rest of it, and yeah...don't. I'm probably about 90% better at this point, but still have stuffiness, an occasional hacking cough, and some fatigue. Looking forward to those going away eventually. Hopefully. Luckily I didn't infect my folks, who live in a house on my property and have a host of health issues.
View Quote

Very good points, I try to write politicos and engage people in discourse. I think the real bottle neck is in the state department and White House. They do react to public pressure. The issue is that CNN ABC NBC FOX have made it look like we are doing more than we should almost. Reality is a different cocktail of supplies would change the war faster than the current one. Cruise missiles, DPICM, ATACMs, Bradley’s, F16s etc. we are almost a year into this and only now giving stuff that should have been sold to Ukraine in 2020.

Pressure on the news? None of us have figured that one out yet. I’m m seeing signs of why not send X more now than “Bidens newest aide package includes the USAs mist advanced weapons” Zelensky of course can’t point out the obvious, he’s open handed ( as he should be) saying x isn’t giving us what we need isn’t a recipe for wins. However his political clout is growing, I wasn’t a fan in the early war, he should have mobilized three weeks before but I can’t complain about his statesmanship since.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like a full 15min video of drones and Russian units getting mauled in Bakhmut.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/101lrz8/very_long_video_of_a_russian_unit_getting_mauled/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb
View Quote

The pointer guy in recent videos around Bakhmut is a fucking legend.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Strange,  I doubt the USA is any less corrupt but here no one seems to get arrested.  
View Quote

Yes they definitely make it public knowledge that they are in fact, cracking down on corruption in many areas. It's one of the reasons i get upset when people say Ukraine is a corrupt shit hole. What FBI be doing?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:21:48 PM EDT
[#17]
This is awesome! Those rural folks know how to have fun with very little. Pretty powerful statement by them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

They're civilian law enforcement, a branch tasked with investigating major crimes. This territory has been declared a part of Russia, so, from their point of view, blowing up RU soldiers in Donetsk is no different legally than shooting or knifing someone in the center of Moscow.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By grambosc:

Yes, hopefully this is the case.  Otherwise they should have said it was because they forgot to put up those corner reflectors.  

Or that it was because their abacist didn't have enough counting beads for countermeasures.  
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grambosc:

Still my favorite video. Might have to download it before it disappears.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:05:05 PM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Well, if the rooskies are convinced cell phones were to blame, they won't be looking for the partisan that had been watching the building for weeks. So, could be misdirection. Either way, the results were....impressive.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]

"When the men in front fall, the men behind pick up the washing machine and continue back..."

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By Prime:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlbkJ7yWYAA1MyX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlcmHnZWQAAJihC?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow, RU lost 760 men in one failed assault in a single day. That had to be a sight to see.

Probably not much different than the opening scene from "Enemy at the Gates"

"When the men in front fall, the men behind pick up the washing machine and continue back..."

Every other man gets a washing machine.   The other man gets a tide pod.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:23:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Where are the Bradley's, Europe or the State side?
View Quote

US. Moving the wouldn't be hard right now.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 7:30:03 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JQ66:
Originally Posted By sq40:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlbkJ7yWYAA1MyX?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlcmHnZWQAAJihC?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow, RU lost 760 men in one failed assault in a single day. That had to be a sight to see.

Probably not much different than the opening scene from "Enemy at the Gates"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:21:46 PM EDT
[#29]

Good option for waves of zombie orcs
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

View All Quotes

That’s some serious heat for sure.  I would love to fire that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:25:36 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

From that-

Looking at him..."huh, he looks familiar..."

Somebody needs to tackle that guy
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:34:20 PM EDT
[#32]

From that-

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlgR84eXwAMehJU?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

View All Quotes

From that-

lol at all the Dora the Explorer clues they left.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:39:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#33]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes

From that-

lol at all the Dora the Explorer clues they left.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Flfp6ZSXgAIt_4P?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FlfrOYLXEAEkF9L?format=jpg&name=medium

The Stalin pic is a nice touch. Is there a larger version to see what it says?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Personally I don’t think it was a cell thing. Probably a call in or just basic ISR follows up with target validation. Cell might have been a component but I would think it’s dissinformation.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:12:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like a cold spell coming this weekend. I wonder if that will kick anything off. Kreminna will begin to have ground freezing weather, and not much snow to insulate it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:18:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:33:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

I'm not sure. I'd say, probably not, unless a flank shot up close, like in an urban setting. I could be wrong.  

However I am very very confident a bradley could fire a TOW2B out of its TOW launcher and kill tanks.  You can fire two missiles and then it takes a few minutes to reload them.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA27t8xvq-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VWPOpYbQI
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CharlieR:

That's an informative post.  Would the Brad's gun penetrate new Russian tank armor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA27t8xvq-8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1VWPOpYbQI

If it’s 25mm with Apds m79x type rounds have similar performance to the 30mm sphagin yes! I doubt they do though.  Lots of T72s and other IFVs recked by BTR4s. Shooting at the low rear flank, rear, or between road wheels you can get pen at 500m or more. Still the Bradley is needed for sure.

I debated this with a former mil guy. Personally I think we should send LAVs or something river amphibious but Bradley’s would be great and needed battle taxis. Just the sight and TOW would be a hell of thing, ambulances, mortar carriers.

I’d rather be in anything else that we have in the inventory than a Humvee for frontline use.

Just help Ukraine make more BTR4Es or equivalents and T84bulats (maybe with a 120mm gun) or not.

The BTR4e was demoed with a LV 76mm gun and turret by Cockerill. I’d push those and anything we could slap on existing frames. If Washington is pushing out over escalation. Easy just help Ukraine build their own. I’m sure with a little component and software help, they could pump out whatever including ATACMs type missiles in months. Have Ukrainian made missiles blowing up barracks 150km behind the lines would be a great moral booster.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:39:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Capta:

I still contend that there is a strategic design in Ukrainian drone strikes.  They’re militarily trivial but provoke large responses for political reasons, and draw Russian inventories closer to zero.  Already-damaged Ukraine is soaking up the last of Russia’s strategic conventional power.
Frankly I’m amazed the Russia continues to bite.  It says to me that they are 1)absolutely subservient to the political need to maintain appearances to their population and 2)their strategic thinking still stinks.  They’ll never run out and can always shoot at the rate of new production, but they won’t be able to overwhelm defenses in the future and won’t have a credible non-nuclear threat to Europe.
Nullifying the conventional threat to Europe may be a big part of the deal.
View Quote

Every nuclear capable cruise missile they use conventionally hurts their nuclear capability as well. Especially if their silo based based missiles haven't been maintained....

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:44:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#40]

Yes they definitely make it public knowledge that they are in fact, cracking down on corruption in many areas. It's one of the reasons i get upset when people say Ukraine is a corrupt shit hole. What FBI be doing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By belted_guns:

Sent this to my buddy and long friend in the said organization doing the arresting.
Bout time they hit the old soviet defense factory conglomerate. They are huge so don’t want to paint with a broad brush. However, the elders running Ukoboro… acted far too much like I imagine rukoprom.. or whatever it calls itself. Long story there I can’t write w/o 4 hours. I’m sure many of the assorted factory leaders were nothing but 20%ers or pro Rus. At least till 2018.
Glad to see our Ukraine family making a direct difference against corruption. It’s been a keen interest for me. They could be a top price point producer of so many defense articles and I swear they guys running it either sabotage research or take funds. I’m not staying in any tall hotels soon😉

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:48:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BustinCaps] [#41]
Originally Posted By Orion_Shall_Rise:

Every nuclear capable cruise missile they use conventionally hurts their nuclear capability as well. Especially if their silo based based missiles haven't been maintained....

View All Quotes

I still contend that there is a strategic design in Ukrainian drone strikes.  They’re militarily trivial but provoke large responses for political reasons, and draw Russian inventories closer to zero.  Already-damaged Ukraine is soaking up the last of Russia’s strategic conventional power.
Frankly I’m amazed the Russia continues to bite.  It says to me that they are 1)absolutely subservient to the political need to maintain appearances to their population and 2)their strategic thinking still stinks.  They’ll never run out and can always shoot at the rate of new production, but they won’t be able to overwhelm defenses in the future and won’t have a credible non-nuclear threat to Europe.

I don’t think the Russian strikes are provoked by Ukrainian strikes in Russia. They are more of a UAV version of the London Blitz. It will be about as successful.

These infrastructure strikes seemed to have begun in earnest with the new Russian commander who is notorious for being brutal to opponents that can’t do anything back. Brutal doesn’t work against large, United populations with the backing of a wide range of allies.

I think it’s really just poor and/or desperate strategy.

Ukraine is hitting in Russia for a variety of reasons. Fixing AA assets, forcing more stand-off, forcing dispersion, etc.

Any time Russia groups anything within range of a Ukrainian weapon, they seem to hit it.

I’m baffled the Russians haven’t tried to use these systems the same way Ukraine has used HIMARS. Why not hit concentrations, GLOC’s, etc? Is it because they have shit intelligence and shit accuracy?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:58:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By BustinCaps:

I don’t think the Russian strikes are provoked by Ukrainian strikes in Russia. They are more of a UAV version of the London Blitz. It will be about as successful.

These infrastructure strikes seemed to have begun in earnest with the new Russian commander who is notorious for being brutal to opponents that can’t do anything back. Brutal doesn’t work against large, United populations with the backing of a wide range of allies.

Ukraine is hitting in Russia for a variety of reasons. Fixing AA assets, forcing more stand-off, forcing dispersion, etc.

Any time Russia groups anything within range of a Ukrainian weapon, they seem to hit it.

I’m baffled the Russians haven’t tried to use these systems the same way Ukraine has used HIMARS. Why not hit concentrations, GLOC’s, etc? Is it because they have shit intelligence and shit accuracy?
View All Quotes

They do some but it’s a top down fire chain. The generals or higher are directing guided munition attacks. They have smerches Urugans and use them against troops. That’s a brigade or battalion level decision. They arnt guided mostly but are often cluster or similar and do kill good guys.

They tend to target soft infrastructure with the good stuff, and Ukraine doesn’t bunch up as much. Their fire control is usually more flexible. Targets go up chain quickly and assets are deployed if available. Russians have a step or two more. Helos and jets provide CAS, problem is there. They can’t use helos or jets like usual.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:08:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By gentlemanfarmer:

They do some but it’s a top down fire chain. The generals or higher are directing guided munition attacks. They have smerches Urugans and use them against troops. That’s a brigade or battalion level decision. They arnt guided mostly but are often cluster or similar and do kill good guys.

They tend to target soft infrastructure with the good stuff, and Ukraine doesn’t bunch up as much. Their fire control is usually more flexible. Targets go up chain quickly and assets are deployed if available. Russians have a step or two more. Helos and jets provide CAS, problem is there. They can’t use helos or jets like usual.
View All Quotes

How much is overall intel a factor?

The ISW today indicated Russia actually did try to hit a spec ops base, but apparently did so when it was relatively empty.

Is Russian assets in free Ukraine sending info to Russia a problem? It sure appears everything Russia does in occupied Ukraine is real time tiktocked to a HIMARS, lol.

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/3613A35D-149E-478E-9913-6571EB118FA5_jpe-2648259.JPG

Going to Bhakmut new with toys

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/04D3F319-2F02-47C0-9DAB-5384A4A98E65_jpe-2648261.JPG

After a few weeks in Bhakmut, brigade has lost significant personnel and equipment

A resident of this forum has asked us to help raise money towards getting them some new Motorolas.

Christmas drive for a Commers Cousin in Bhakmut

I’ll let the Arfcommer announce himself, but we talked to his Cousins brigade, and since Bhakmut supplies are #1 right now, let’s go!!! Any residual will go towards another units pickup replacement, unit also in Bhakmut.

Also merry Christmas from industrial OP Bhakmut
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/419667/1DBF4C26-4517-4EBE-851A-253007D31621_jpe-2648271.JPG
View Quote

We thank all who chipped in. Flu is here or something so havnt been able to cheer the last mile of the fundraiser. It would be great if hit 10k. That would hit all the boxes, we are at 8100.

Radios for 68, partial truck help, other critical stuff.

More updates later but a bunch of our stuff is on its way or in Bhakmut. 7-8 bags of gear went there yesterday for three units. They are drinking good expresso this week. Turkish coffee is the norm. Nothing better after warm dry feet and hands. Lots of gear though, hopefully I’ll get some pics soon to post
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:20:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#46]

The ISW today indicated Russia actually did try to hit a spec ops base, but apparently did so when it was relatively empty.

Is Russian assets in free Ukraine sending info to Russia a problem? It sure appears everything Russia does in occupied Ukraine is real time tiktocked to a HIMARS, lol.

View All Quotes

I don’t have an insider up to date data that I could or would share. There are a lot of dissatisfied Ukrainian citizens not liking their new management. Plenty or brave folks risking hell to give intel. What % is humint vs ISR vs other? Idk. It risky to get data out but very doable once you have certain things.

It’s very risky, like spying on ISIS in Mosul 2014. Plenty of putlinites as well, getting caught = torture and death. Lots of people will never be seen again, many for just having western music on their phone or a picture of uncle John in America.

Also assets like himars arnt used without high success.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:25:16 PM EDT
[#47]

I don’t have an insider up to date data that I could or would share. There are a lot of dissatisfied Ukrainian citizens not liking their new management. Plenty or brave folks risking hell to give intel. What % is humint vs ISR vs other? Idk. It risky to get data out but very doable once you have certain things.

It’s very risky, like spying on ISIS in Mosul 2014. Plenty of putlinites as well, getting caught = torture and death. Lots of people will never be seen again, many for just having western music on their phone or a picture of uncle John in America.

View All Quotes

But are pro-Russian agents in Ukraine active? Are there agents sending troop movement info, equipment transfer, etc ?

Ukraine has done a fantastic job of letting pretty much no information leak, relative to the Russian side acting like GD.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:44:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#48]

Final seconds of a Russian soldier. Shot in question looks more like an exit than an entrance.

https://www.facebook.com/StratcomCentreUA/posts/pfbid0RBzNWXCXHdBSzSUi2z4pn9SD4qBNkUnNwMDszzyQuW5h5YUgi4XiaPy7XfGeP8ZMl

Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gentlemanfarmer] [#49]

View All Quotes

The Russians have their own informers and stay behinds. Ukrainians move a lot when possible, especially if they don’t have a deep bunker. They move a lot which sucks for them as it’s tiring but it limits casualti s. They disperse too so Ruskies just a little too slow and not able to disperse a bunch of poorly motivated conscripts. They would run given a chance.

Ukraine has more data coming in, more targets than ordinance. They do the best they can with what they have.

Good night thank you again.
Mila says👍🫵💋
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:27:44 PM EDT
[#50]

The Russians have their own informers and stay behinds. Ukrainians move a lot when possible, especially if they don’t have a deep bunker. They move a lot which sucks for them as it’s tiring but it limits casualti s. They disperse too so Ruskies just a little too slow and not able to disperse a bunch of poorly motivated conscripts. They would run given a chance.

Ukraine has more data coming in, more targets than ordinance. They do the best they can with what they have.

Good night thank you again.
Mila says👍🫵💋
View Quote

be smart, be well, don't push yourselves too hard
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3257 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top