Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4030 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:
This is fucking genius. Adapting 60mm mortars to fire the plentiful 40x53mm grenade

[/quo

te]That is interesting
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#2]
Missile command.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:17:36 PM EDT
[#3]
UA should announce a Patriot battery was destroyed after every attack. It would be a real mind fuck for Russia.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

Kyiv v deo of SAMs.

View Quote
Russia really wants a Patriot kill
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j_hooker] [#6]
Looks like at the end is a fire on the far right side of the  screen
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't think AD vid's were supposed to be posted.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:45:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Zam18th:
UA should announce a Patriot battery was destroyed after every attack. It would be a real mind fuck for Russia.

View Quote

Maybe even set off some fireworks to make it look like something got hit
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 9:57:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By doc540:
View Quote

They aren't, but someone wanted likes on Twitter and the Russian Twitter accounts are quick to pick up and post the videos.   I figure they can geolocate the area someone filmed from and move the air defense when this gets seen.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

They aren't, but someone wanted likes on Twitter and the Russian Twitter accounts are quick to pick up and post the videos.   I figure they can geolocate the area someone filmed from and move the air defense when this gets seen.
View Quote

I wouldn't want to be within a mile of that location until noon tomorrow.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:09:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#11]
Rundown of events.

⚡️Explosions were heard in Kyiv, the work of air defense in the region is reported!

‼️KMVA: air defense is working in Kyiv. Keep calm! Stay in shelters until the air alarm goes

Klitschko: Explosions in Kyiv. A few - in the Solomyan district. And in Shevchenkivskyi, on the territory of the zoo, rocket debris fell. All services go to places. Details later.
The air alert continues, stay in shelters!

All the details of the night attack on Kyiv

https://war.obozrevatel.com/ukr/rosiya-vlashtuvala-nichnu-ataku-na-kiiv-progrimili-potuzhni-vibuhi-povidomlyayut-pro-robotu-ppo.htm

Update from KMVA:

"There is an air alert in Kyiv.
According to preliminary information, falling debris was recorded in Obolonsky, Shevchenkivskyi, Solomyanskyi and Darnytskyi districts of the capital. There are currently no data on victims and destruction. The information is being clarified. Stay in shelters until the air-raid alarm goes off!" - Serhiy Popko, head of the KMVA.

Klitschko: Several cars caught fire in the Solomyansk district as a result of falling rocket debris. The damaged building with an area of 200 square meters. Rescuers are working on the spot. The victims have not been identified so far

Klitschko: In the Darnytsia district of the capital, two cars were damaged as a result of falling rocket fragments. There was no information about the victims. While the alarm continues, stay in shelters!

❗ In the city's Darnytskyi district, debris fell on a car on two different streets. Previously without further ignition - KMVA

@ukrinform_news

⚠️ Vitaliy Klitschko: According to preliminary information, there are three victims in the Solomyan district. There were no casualties in Obolonskyi, where the debris fell.

🟢 Repulse of the air alarm in Kyiv and a number of regions
@Ukrinform_News

⚠️ Vitaliy Klitschko: UAV wreckage fell in the forest park zone in the Darnytskyi district of the capital, without catching fire.
@ukrinform_news

That's it, let's go to bed and put ❤️ for the health of our air defense guys!

They are the best
Thanks guys! We maintain information hygiene! 💙💛
p.s. Rusnia will die!
https://t.me/uaobozrevatel/76347
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I guess we get to see how quickly the ukranians can move patriots.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By stgdz:
Well I guess we get to see how quickly the ukranians can move patriots.
View Quote

You can do it in under an hour.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
Speaking of compromised, retarded or broken Americans, Exhibit A:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_0840-2818094.jpg
View Quote

If he's in Russia I hope he stays there. I'm sure they can provide him the things the sick bastard "believes in". He is a complete waste of oxygen.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:16:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#15]
Now that they have pieces from a successful hit, Russia is now claiming to have shot down a storm shadow.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:21:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#16]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Now that they have pieces from a successful hit, Russia is now claiming to have shot down a storm shadow.

View Quote

lol, they are intercepting Himars still?  
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:30:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

lol, they are intercepting Himars still?  
View Quote

Oh no wait, that’s the vodka

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

And a Bradley. And a Switchblade. And a TicTac UFO. And a partridge in a pear tree.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
?? ?? ???? ?????? ??????.??????? ?????.(valeriy_sudche).

Time to turn this party up to 11
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:51:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#21]
🌐 Place: #Mariupol
🗓 Date: 05/20/2022
🇺🇦 Unit: OZSP "Azov"
📌 Geolocation:
📂 Description: A fighter burns his ammunition before leaving Azovstal. Mariupol of Donetsk. region
❗️ Source

https://t.me/WarArchive_ua/1207
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By The_Gooch:
With how far inside Russia the aircraft got hit, it doesn't look like a NASAMS did it, at least with a AIM-120B or 120C missile. It would be possible with AMRAAM-ER or maybe the latest AIM-120D fired from a NASAMS, but we don't know if anyone has publicly given those to Ukraine as of now.

View Quote

The lists come around once in a while. I will look and see if I can find it. Oryx on twitter has a bunch of lists. What has been promised, and sent, as well as what has been destroyed and captured.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 10:58:11 PM EDT
[#23]
This is fucking genius. Adapting 60mm mortars to fire the plentiful 40x53mm grenade

View Quote

That IS fucking cool.

Im sure some "expert" said it would be impossible to do...
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dillydilly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaR3Bt-zTOU

Time to turn this party up to 11
View Quote

They really are just like us, just with hotter chicks in uniform.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:

Without going into details because of reasons, it's a neat system but it's extremely dependent on the profile of the launch platform to achieve any semblance of desired results. It's not a wonderweapon.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DASJUDEN:
Originally Posted By Capta:

This thing could be the swiss army knife of choice for a lot of jobs at the front.  Plus high production rate and relatively low cost for a PGM, enough that every Russian dugout can get one.

Without going into details because of reasons, it's a neat system but it's extremely dependent on the profile of the launch platform to achieve any semblance of desired results. It's not a wonderweapon.

Got it.  If I remember reading correctly its range is pretty limited if ground launched too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

Huh, that’s interesting.  You need a bunch of adapters to get any rate of fire, but if it works…you can even get some armor penetration with HEDP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

And a Bradley. And a Switchblade. And a TicTac UFO. And a partridge in a pear tree.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

@ me when they intercept an Abrams. Their countermeasures are next level.

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Poland builds Europe's most powerful army
View Quote

Anybody else getting the impression that they are gearing up to invade Russia?
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Got it.  If I remember reading correctly its range is pretty limited if ground launched too.
View Quote

I was on the initial fielding team for them in Iraq, don't know what's open source and what isn't so everything's going to be intentionally vague from me. They're a good ground attack weapon in very specific circumstances but as a frontline anti-drone platform I don't think they'd perform well.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:10:17 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Yeah, I don’t believe any of that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:19:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By strykr:

View All Quotes

In all seriousness, I think they've just read the situation correctly. Russia, although greatly diminished thus far in Ukraine, isn't going anywhere. The fundamental aspects of Russian political culture that caused this war aren't going to change any time soon, and long term, I can see Russia becoming something of a larger Iran. The sanctions are going to hurt them, just as enormous losses of their best people in Ukraine are going to hurt them. However, they will certainly attempt to rebuild, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they're willing to use military force to achieve their goals.

Plus, I think the Poles have also realized that they can't really rely on Germany and France to do much of anything to protect Eastern Europe from Russia. Long term, I think a strong alliance between Poland, the Baltics, Ukraine, and Finland is going to be what contains Russia, while the emphasis of US foreign policy shift towards East Asia.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:19:23 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

I know you’re KINDA joking but there is a scenario where if this ends the way everyone thinks it will (collapse of Russia/civil war) there would need to be a quick response to secure all of Russians nuclear weapons locations ASAP.

Poland and UKR may be setting g themselves up to police and secure Russia while wrangling the weapons. The US needs to stay out of that as much as possible.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By doc540:
View Quote

ehhh  are they on twitter?  if so I'm fairly certain the cat is out of the bag
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:22:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By MelGibsonEnthusiast:

In all seriousness, I think they've just read the situation correctly. Russia, although greatly diminished thus far in Ukraine, isn't going anywhere. The fundamental aspects of Russian political culture that caused this war aren't going to change any time soon, and long term, I can see Russia becoming something of a larger Iran. The sanctions are going to hurt them, just as enormous losses of their best people in Ukraine are going to hurt them. However, they will certainly attempt to rebuild, and they've demonstrated time and time again that they're willing to use military force to achieve their goals.

Plus, I think the Poles have also realized that they can't really rely on Germany and France to do much of anything to protect Eastern Europe from Russia. Long term, I think a strong alliance between Poland, the Baltics, Ukraine, and Finland is going to be what contains Russia, while the emphasis of US foreign policy shift towards East Asia.
View All Quotes

The big problem for Russia, and why I think they can’t just “muddle along” as a hermit kingdom, is their extreme heterogeneity.  They’re an empire held together by fear and violence.  When Moscow’s ability to threaten genocide (and mean it) comes into doubt, the perimeter will fall away.  A large part of what we’re doing is to erode Moscow’s ability to hold their periphery.
North Korea can, Cuba can, I think Iran is an open question and eventually the people will get tired of the bullshit.  Russia, no.  IMO.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:43:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#36]
Holy smokes!  Kiev SAMs go cyclic!  30 SAM launches in 2 minutes!

A shitload of SAMs!

You can see indications of interceptions in the sky at :52 and :55, and two more at about 1:33.  Guessing two SAM batteries, a Patriot and a NASAMS.
Russia is going to throw literally everything they have at the Patriots, even if it’s foolish.  They need the propaganda win more than anything.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#37]

The big problem for Russia, and why I think they can't just "muddle along" as a hermit kingdom, is their extreme heterogeneity.  They're an empire held together by fear and violence.  When Moscow's ability to threaten genocide (and mean it) comes into doubt, the perimeter will fall away.  A large part of what we're doing is to erode Moscow's ability to hold their periphery.
North Korea can, Cuba can, I think Iran is an open question and eventually the people will get tired of the bullshit.  Russia, no.  IMO.
View All Quotes

The big problem for Russia, and why I think they can't just "muddle along" as a hermit kingdom, is their extreme heterogeneity.  They're an empire held together by fear and violence.  When Moscow's ability to threaten genocide (and mean it) comes into doubt, the perimeter will fall away.  A large part of what we're doing is to erode Moscow's ability to hold their periphery.

Those are some good points. It seems a bit excessive when you consider that they are covered under Article 5 but a strong military also allows them to project force. Perhaps it is a credible threat to make Russia think twice about invading Belarus or Georgia again. Poland and Ukraine together would be a serious threat to Russia whenever they think about expanding or policing other countries.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#38]
There’s more going on over there than I can keep up with so, I come here usually every day and read the last two pages.
However, I’d like to ask if I’m the only one who’s been under the impression for a couple of months that, Bahkmut was a trap? Maybe not from the beginning but developed into one?
Russia advances, Ukraine causes them tremendous losses for a while then backs off. Russia moves up a few meters then thinks “we got this!”, forward! Again Ukraine causes them tremendous losses then backs  off  allowing Russians to advance a little. Then they do it over and over and every time Russia falls for it and throws everything they have at it but, just can’t quite get there. Ukraine holds the high ground watching the supply/escape route and just lets the Russians inch ahead enough to keep them thinking they’re getting somewhere until it’s too late to turn back.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:09:23 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

Sure. Sure.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:09:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
What I see as a missed oppertunity is that the US/West hasn't pumped out a ton of Shahed type drones.

Surely the combined west has the capacity to strap a 2 stroke to a wing with a xplody tip?
View Quote

Agreed. That really seems like an easy button way to turn the tables on Russia, plus also a useful weapon to then give Taiwan.

Alas, the 'western' leader in those sorts of loitering muntions is Israel, and they aren't sharing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:10:44 AM EDT
[#41]

A shitload of SAMs!

You can see indications of interceptions in the sky at :52 and :55, and two more at about 1:33.  Guessing two SAM batteries, a Patriot and a NASAMS.
Russia is going to throw literally everything they have at the Patriots, even if it’s foolish.  They need the propaganda win more than anything.
View Quote

looks like two failed or ran into each other i cannot tell.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:11:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By JWinGa:
There’s more going on over there than I can keep up with so, I come here usually every day and read the last two pages.
However, I’d like to ask if I’m the only one who’s been under the impression for a couple of months that, Bahkmut was a trap? Maybe not from the beginning but developed into one?
Russia advances, Ukraine causes them tremendous losses for a while then backs off. Russia moves up a few meters then thinks “we got this!”, forward! Again Ukraine causes them tremendous losses then backs  off  allowing Russians to advance a little. Then they do it over and over and every time Russia falls for it and throws everything they have at it but, just can’t quite get there. Ukraine holds the high ground watching the supply/escape route and just lets the Russians inch ahead enough to keep them thinking they’re getting somewhere until it’s too late to turn back.
View Quote

That was my understanding. The value of holding Bahkmut was in that russian soldiers and armor were dying in such huge numbers compared to the Ukranian losses, and yet russia continued to believe it to be worth it. So Ukraine continued to consider it worth killing them. Though I understand those massive death rates were not as high once russia had finally crossed the wide open areas. And at this point I think it is worth it to continue preventing russia from being able to say that eventually they won. MUCH better after all those losses, they now actually get pushed back. It should give the russian soldiers something to think about.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:12:55 AM EDT
[#43]
From /k/

"I’ve lived long enough to see a Patriot battery defend itself against 10+ inbound TBMs. What a world we live in."

"Raytheon marketing is probably overjoyed, here is 3rd party footage showing their system in a combat environment emptied it's magazines in reaction to a saturation attack and simultaneously guide 30 interceptors.

Then they can pitch to their customer that the limitation to the system was the number of ready interceptors, so they better buy 2 batteries or the PAC-3 to protect against saturation."
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:20:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#44]

Those are some good points. It seems a bit excessive when you consider that they are covered under Article 5 but a strong military also allows them to project force. Perhaps it is a credible threat to make Russia think twice about invading Belarus or Georgia again. Poland and Ukraine together would be a serious threat to Russia whenever they think about expanding or policing other countries.
View All Quotes

I won’t accuse the Russians of being “stupid” but they are prisoners of their culture.
People like Girkin, a fairly smart guy who can be candid to a point, understands and will openly admit that Russia is threatened with collapse.  There’s actually quite a lot of that in internal Russian discussion.  But the self-analysis stops there and they almost never ask if they are to blame or how they can fix it - because many believe they have “the right” to do what they’re doing.  If anything many feel they haven’t done enough of what they’re doing.
However the war ends, I think the next one is inevitable because I don’t think the Russians have been brought to the point of reconsidering their own beliefs yet.  Unfortunately,
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

That was my understanding. The value of holding Bahkmut was in that russian soldiers and armor were dying in such huge numbers compared to the Ukranian losses, and yet russia continued to believe it to be worth it. So Ukraine continued to consider it worth killing them. Though I understand those massive death rates were not as high once russia had finally crossed the wide open areas. And at this point I think it is worth it to continue preventing russia from being able to say that eventually they won. MUCH better after all those losses, they now actually get pushed back. It should give the russian soldiers something to think about.
View Quote

It appears that Russian forces on the outside edges are getting far enough out that they could be in danger of getting cut off, if the Ukrainians were so inclined.

Just for the record, I believe/hope the Ukrainians steamroll those MFers into dust over the next couple of months.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:24:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#46]
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:
From /k/

"I’ve lived long enough to see a Patriot battery defend itself against 10+ inbound TBMs. What a world we live in."

"Raytheon marketing is probably overjoyed, here is 3rd party footage showing their system in a combat environment emptied it's magazines in reaction to a saturation attack and simultaneously guide 30 interceptors.

Then they can pitch to their customer that the limitation to the system was the number of ready interceptors, so they better buy 2 batteries or the PAC-3 to protect against saturation."
View Quote

Does Russia even have 10 TBMs???
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:31:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:37:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 12:47:35 AM EDT
[#50]

A shitload of SAMs!

Russia is going to throw literally everything they have at the Patriots, even if it's foolish.  They need the propaganda win more than anything.
View Quote

Incredible. Reminded me of the recent (and past) Iron Dome videos from Israel.

Russian leadership is DESPERATE for a propaganda win to waste so many missiles and attack drones to try and hit Western SAM systems. From a military standpoint.. an absolute waste of dwindling resources.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4030 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top