Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4121 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FxH5j5ZXoAYnDge.jpg
View Quote
Runway model, what's her diet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#2]
One thing this war has shown is that drones have become such a common threat on the battlefield that air defense can no longer be just a division or brigade level asset. Air defense is something that is going to now have to be pushed down to the battalion, company, platoon and maybe even squad level going forward. Patriot, NASAMS and MSHORAD are very important at Corps and Division. But we will have to go well beyond that now. Vehicle mounted systems like these are going to be needed right down to the small unit level for survival on the modern battlefield.

Even countries that can't afford an air force can employ large numbers of cheap yet effective drones. The nature of the game has changed dramatically over the past few years. We must be ready to change with it or the face the consequences of being ill-prepared.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
An interview with St Javelin

Christian Borys - Supporting Ukraine as a Fundraising Innovator – Founder of Saint Javelin

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

I wonder where they are going. This sucks.

The siren started about 20 minutes ago here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:42:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

From what one guy at the front said, he suspected most would head toward Kyiv.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]

View All Quotes

I saw explosions reported in Vinnytsia oblast which is west of us. Drones in Odessa.

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPR/status/1662952176740646913?s=20
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:47:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Scott] [#7]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
One thing this war has shown is that drones have become such a common threat on the battlefield that air defense can no longer be just a division or brigade level asset. Air defense is something that is going to now have to be pushed down to the battalion, company, platoon and maybe even squad level going forward. Patriot, NASAMS and MSHORAD are very important at Corps and Division. But we will have to go well beyond that now. Vehicle mounted systems like these are going to be needed right down to the small unit level for survival on the modern battlefield.

https://www.defensenews.com/resizer/ODEk5zaOcPawVkUMQbPEmAQlxlc=/1024x0/filters:format(jpg):quality(70)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/archetype/OF4JRORE65CVTCYLZQGKNS52UA.jpg

https://news.usni.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/IMG_0524-2.jpg

Even countries that can't afford an air force can employ large numbers of cheap yet effective drones. The nature of the game has changed dramatically over the past few years. We must be ready to change with it or the face the consequences of being ill-prepared.
View Quote

This is why I argue that the middleweight units are going to suffer. Future successful formations will be light enough to hide from drones in terrain (light infantry in jungle and city) or heavy enough to microwave their airspace until the songbirds die of cancer.

I want to see the Army move quickly to put the turret from Stryker SHORAD onto an AMPV and buy 400 of them.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Chaingun:
Once the USSR fell apart, the satellite states ran away from Russia

They still have a chance to join, once someone hangs Putin and installs a Republic
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cobradriver:
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Sad thing is a lot of screen names in that thread and others, i have had a lot of respect for over the years , now they seem like different people .

it's all fucked up.

I grew up and served during the cold war, and for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone could possibly support Russia in this thing. The Russians are bad news, have always been bad news, and will continue to be bad news. They cannot control themselves at all and need to be put in their place.

The russkies were given a shot at joining the normal world and they pissed it all away.

Retards+Vodka=400+ years of drunken stupidity

Kill a commie for Mommy?

They still have a chance to join, once someone hangs Putin and installs a Republic

If someone kills Putin or turns him over to the west I'd have zero issue giving them another chance to join the normal world again.  Then again it could be just another dipshit who wants his own little fiefdom. We'll just have to wait and see how this all shakes out...

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]

When you're gaming online with headphones and the blasts seem to be getting loud in the game. There were a couple times when i was online and didn't notice the siren. I usually wear headphones at night so i don't disturb anyone. Not always the best idea. Never lost connection though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#11]

If someone kills Putin or turns him over to the west I'd have zero issue giving them another chance to join the normal world again.  Then again it could be just another dipshit who wants his own little fiefdom. We'll just have to wait and see how this all shakes out...

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
Sad thing is a lot of screen names in that thread and others, i have had a lot of respect for over the years , now they seem like different people .

it's all fucked up.

I grew up and served during the cold war, and for the life of me I cannot understand how anyone could possibly support Russia in this thing. The Russians are bad news, have always been bad news, and will continue to be bad news. They cannot control themselves at all and need to be put in their place.

The russkies were given a shot at joining the normal world and they pissed it all away.

Retards+Vodka=400+ years of drunken stupidity

Kill a commie for Mommy?

I agree. Putin had an off ramp and passed it up. Now Russia has an off ramp. Hopefully they use it soon.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 6:55:34 PM EDT
[#12]

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/01/1500-new-and-modernised-tanks-really/?utm_content=buffer93912&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sq40:
Luakashenko in critical condition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-poisoning-belarus-dictator-luakashenko-083900039.html
View Quote

non transportable. well if he is going to die from poisoning or natural causes. dying in moscow is the best place. putin is obviously going to try and replace him with a more controllable puppet. however if luakashenko were to dies in moscow. it may just throw belarus into a more rebellious state.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#16]

Direct link to article here:

https://wavellroom.com/2023/05/24/russian-airpower-ukraine-nuisance-menace/?utm_content=buffer8aa17&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
View Quote

Some excellent points here.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I keep hoping for the day where I read four TU-95's have crashed into the Caspian Sea

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:09:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By brahm:

non transportable. well if he is going to die from poisoning or natural causes. dying in moscow is the best place. putin is obviously going to try and replace him with a more controllable puppet. however if luakashenko were to dies in moscow. it may just throw belarus into a more rebellious state.

View All Quotes

https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-poisoning-belarus-dictator-luakashenko-083900039.html

Whats stopping Putin from annexing Belarus if/when Lukashenko does?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By CS223:
I keep hoping for the day where I read four TU-95's have crashed into the Caspian Sea

View Quote

It is only a matter of time until Ukraine possesses the kind of long range kamikaze drones they need to start taking out the Tu-95s while they are parked on the apron.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:12:21 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

It is only a matter of time until Ukraine possesses the kind of long range kamikaze drones they need to start taking out the Tu-95s while they are parked on the apron.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:14:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#21]

View Quote

Or struck fully loaded at their airfields by cruise missiles.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Or struck fully loaded at their airfields by cruise missiles.
View Quote

or they succumb to russian maintenance
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:

I was living in a motel in utah when the invasion started, and a friend and i were watching tucker.  I don't normally watch, as i don't have cable... but the motel did.  He was a fan of tucker's, but as we watched the show as the invasion unfolded, he became disgusted with someone he had agreed with on 90% of what was on his show.  He's now been back and forth to Ukraine at least 5 times and helped train hundreds (probably thousands) of people on battlefield medicine and emergency care.  Unfortunately, most who watched tucker didn't see things as my friend and i did... and went with whatever narrative he was pushing.  Honestly (again admitting i didn't watch him regularly, mostly clips online) i was on board with tucker most of the time too... but this is an issue that is disqualifying as far as I'm concerned.  If you can't fathom why support for Ukraine is in America's interest, then at the very least get on board with supporting people fighting for their freedom against an invading army.

View Quote

I watched Tucker religiously and DVR'ed the show, just in case I missed it. It was really the only "news" I watched besides Fox Business. I too was first perplexed by Tucker's rabid anti-Ukraine views and was always waiting for him to realize he was wrong. Eventually I gave up and became disgusted by his pro-Russian views and I dont miss the show now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Arrivals yet? Odessa only so far?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Literally the next mobik class...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#26]

Allegedly 🇺🇦 anti-aircraft over #Odesa
View Quote

Russian channels showing this.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By xd675:

I suspect China is either behind the taliban because Iran is suddenly not playing ball with them, or China is going to have to get involved because it’s future plans are big in both nations.  Can’t have them blowing up China’s plan, that would be just terrible.
View Quote

If the cia had any hand in this, a cargo plane of cash would have landed in Kabul followed by the taliban announcing their union with the Kuds Force in a new invigorated campaign against America and Israel.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:26:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Are we winning yet?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:28:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#29]
Russian source.

Looks like an air defense missile going after a low flying cruise missile to me.

They need to shut down these city cameras, Russian sources are all over it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:28:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Freiheit8472] [#30]

View All Quotes

Sheiße!

Wonder if we left any stingers in afg that could find their way into isis hands in Iran. Would be awesome to see one of those transports go down on the way to Russia.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

Damn..I hate this..
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

In other emails though he complains that he always has to give his dad 10%. So whether it is Burisma or China same same. Although in China any corporation IS essentially a govt operation so in that case it would be fair to say Biden got 20% of Hunter’s take from China. But in Ukraine Burisma was not part of the govt of Ukraine and was in fact being investigated for corruption.
View Quote

Hunter complained about having to hand over "HALF" of his salary to dad in one e-mail. I'm sure the actual "commission" varies with the deal...10% to maybe 50% or maybe even more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:30:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like the storm shadows pissed off poopy pants. Shame one of them didn't land on his head.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:31:01 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.defensenews.com/resizer/ODEk5zaOcPawVkUMQbPEmAQlxlc=/1024x0/filters:format(jpg):quality(70)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/archetype/OF4JRORE65CVTCYLZQGKNS52UA.jpg

View Quote

That would be a good place for AI - a raptor drone that just flies around killing every drone not showing as friendly on IFF.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:41:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By GTLandser:

Extremely well stated. People became mentally exhausted and morally defeated because of the outcomes of the 2020 election and COVID and the AFG withdrawal, so hanging onto a narrative thread without having to commit great intellectual or emotional resources is a way to preserve yourself.

So when one side of the political aisle is responsible for most of this shit, then it becomes very easy to dismiss their every action as part of some sinister plot (though never ascribe to malice that which can be better explained by stupidity).
View Quote

Yup. All in a years time, EVERYTHING turned out to be not only false, but detrimentally the opposite of the truth. Fickle and obviously one sided Covid rules, election laws (and results), our vaunted DOJ and FBI, all of the news outlets, all the social media outlets, sports/ESPN, healthcare and medical community, FUCKING EVERYTHING was outed as being crooked and actively trying to manipulate and harm America. And the party responsible for pushing all of this shit gets into power and starts doing "bold" moved internationally like A-stan then comes Ukraine. Many people's minds and spirits were shattered. It's like being 50yo and finding out you were adopted, your kids are not really yours since you wife has been cheating for 20 years, you have cancer, then get fired from your job, all in the same week. People went nutty and just said fuck EVERYTHING.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

I can't help but notice the irony of a Russia and Russian people turned hyper-nationalistic and jingoist, who constantly insist upon their own racial exceptionalism and the inevitability of Russian world domination... turning around and screaming racism because of the use of the word "orc."
View Quote

I still believe that actual Russians (who support the war) like the orc name. It is consistent with their desire, above all else, to be feared. I bet the coc folks who complained about the term "orc" are 100% woke American assholes that infest corporate America now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

WHEN Lukashenko dies in moscow if Ukraine has any assets in Belarus they need to be agitating for all they're worth and screaming from the rooftops that "PUTIN MURDERED OUR PRESIDENT!!!"

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:56:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

That would be a good place for AI - a raptor drone that just flies around killing every drone not showing as friendly on IFF.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

That’s one thing we haven’t seen yet are kills with human out of the loop yet. They had those in the Nagorno-Karabakh war and were terror-inducing!  I’m sure Ukraine hasn’t because that’s currently illegal in US and probably the rest of NATO to even develop those weapons.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:57:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

What did Tucker say that was so bad so early to turn your friend off?
I know that he said he was on Russia's side a couple years ago but that was before the invasion.
I know he's been rather weak on supporting Ukraine but I don't really know exactly what he said because I don't listen to him.

I find it hard to care about what's in America's best interest regarding Ukraine when our government is doing everything it can to destroy this country internally. Nor is their motive pure regarding anything they do regarding Ukraine.

I do staunchly support Ukraine just because they are defending themselves against the invading tyrant. Anyone who believes in and cares about freedom should be supporting someone resisting an invader. A part of me kind of wishes I was there helping them.

View Quote

Ill try to explain as an avid Tucker supporter and nightly viewer. Tucker was very anti-Ukraine since the invasion. Like he was raped while on vacation in Ukraine type anti-Ukraine. He criticized them for "anti-democratic" bullshit like their efforts to suppress Russian propaganda and the Russian Orthodox Church, etc. that would seem logic actions when involved in an existential war. Tucker also consistently and constantly criticized Zelensky as being a dictator, un-democratic, autocratic and corrupt. Once the USA finally started sending military aid, he was very against it, always saying we cant afford it and have no business getting involved in this war. Pretty much any and every topic of Russian propaganda went right out of his mouth and on air.

I'm sure there is MUCH more crap that Tucker spouted off about Ukraine but this is on top of my head as an ex fan of Tucker.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:00:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The "2nd order effect" to that is that the Pakistani ISI is responsible for forming the Taliban initially and has deep ties to many of the Taliban groups (lookin' at you "Haquanni Network".  So, we have the potential for the Taliban to trigger a conflict between a potential nuclear power (Iran) and a declared nuclear power (Pakistan).  We could see a scenario where three groups hostile to the US end up wiping each other out.
View Quote

OOOOaaahhh. Adjusting my shorts that are suddenly too tight...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:07:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:
Volunteers- are they volunteers as in not getting paid?
View Quote

By that metric, half of the Russian army are "volunteers"...
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

Sure is and China is way ahead.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Freiheit8472:

Sheiße!

Wonder if we left any stingers in afg that could find their way into isis hands in Iran. Would be awesome to see one of those transports go down on the way to Russia.
View All Quotes

Sheiße!

No way would I want that...isis hates us more than Iran.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Yup. Excellent lessons and points.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

View All Quotes

Sheiße!

Oh I don’t want them to have stingers either. But, if we did leave any behind-I hope they blow them on their fellow crappy societies.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:19:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#48]

View All Quotes

lol, Taiwan has entered the chat.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like some Russian decoy systems tonight.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like some Russian decoy systems tonight.

View Quote

Between the drones and these maybe just trying to exhaust the AD missiles
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4121 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top