Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5309 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#1]

🇷🇺Russian drones uncontrollable. The radius of action is 250 meters. It is already in serial production.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

They need to get the production running or Poland will sell K2s.

View Quote

Yeah, it's going to be interesting competition for the European armored vehicle market to see what catches on.  There are some interesting choices.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Prime:

View Quote

The Orcs set up a trap and the West fell for it like idiots.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Deputy of the Perm City Duma lost his mandate for criticizing the NWO

PERM, Jan 23 - RIA Novosti. Deputy of the Perm City Duma from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation Sergei Medvedev, who criticized the conduct of the NWO, was deprived of his mandate ahead of schedule, RIA Novosti was told in the City Duma.

On December 31, Medvedev's page on the social network VKontakte published a post criticizing the special operation.

"A decision was made on the early termination of the powers of the deputy of the City Duma of the seventh convocation Medvedev Sergei Yurievich on the basis of Article 35.1 of Federal Law 131 "On the General Principles of the Organization of Local Self-Government in the Russian Federation", that is, he was expelled due to non-compliance with the requirements of the law," the City Duma said. The prerequisite for the decision was Medvedev's own statement of withdrawal from the CPRF faction (according to the law, if a member of the list ceases to be a member of the faction, this entails his expulsion from the Duma). In mid-January, he was also expelled from the party.

Several local media outlets indicated that the MP had left for the Georgia. It was also reported that Medvedev was put on the international wanted list, while there is no information about the ex-deputy in the database of the Ministry of Internal Affairs about the persons wanted by the department.

Sergei Medvedev was born on March 16, 1971 in Perm, graduated, joined the army, then served under contract, took part in hostilities, and was awarded the medal "For Courage". Since 2021, he has been a deputy of the Perm City Duma from the party Communist Party of the Russian Federation, was engaged in public activities in the field of protection of children's rights.

https://ria.ru/20240123/svo-1922984446.html

The Communist Party of the Russian Federation will study the photo of the deputy with noodles on his ears during the president's address

MOSCOW, Feb 22 - RIA Novosti. The act of the deputy of the Samara Provincial Duma from the Communist Party of the Russian Federation Mikhail Abdalkin, who posted on the Internet a video of watching the president's message with noodles on his ears, will not go unnoticed by the Central Audit Commission of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, it should also be assessed in the regional branch of the party, State Duma deputy Alexander Yushchenko (Communist Party of the Russian Federation) told RIA Novosti.

On Wednesday, Mikhail Abdalkin posted a video and photo on his Telegram channel in which he listens to the president's message, hanging noodles on his ears.

"This is a deputy of the Samara Provincial Duma, in which there is a first secretary, the head of the regional branch, who, first of all, must give a legal, moral and ethical assessment to a person who is a representative of his organization... First of all, the first secretary should give this assessment to the central auditing commission on the party line," he said.

The deputy also expressed his personal opinion about Abdalkin's act. According to him, young people "are often carried away by imaginary popularity on the Internet, and the momentary desire to be popular, to get a dozen or a hundred likes often crosses the line of moral and ethical standards."
Yushchenko advised Abdalkin to "return to real life."

Deputy of the State Duma Mikhail Matveev In a conversation with RIA Novosti, he noted that he had not seen the video and photos of this incident.

(Chrome doesn't translate for some reason, included anyway)
"Я не видел этого ролика, не знаю, насколько это достоверно. Михаил Абдалкин - достаточно молодой депутат… известен своими различными акциями протестными, то есть которые проводил там в своем городе… Я не думаю, что это может совпадать с позицией партии, потому что мы достаточно серьезно относимся к посланию президента", - подчеркнул депутат.

По его словам, если подобные инциденты были, то оценка соответствующих партийных органов, если там будут найдены нарушения или расхождения с позицией центрального комитета, может последовать.

" Надо разобраться", - добавил парламентарий.

Владимир Путин во вторник огласил послание Федеральному собранию, в котором подчеркнул необходимость сконцентрироваться на развитии новых российских регионов - ДНР, ЛНР, Запорожской и Херсонской областей. Много внимания Путин уделил и поддержке участников спецоперации. Он также заявил, что Россия приостанавливает участие в российско-американском Договоре о сокращении стратегических наступательных вооружений, подчеркнув, что страна не выходит из этого договора.

https://ria.ru/20230222/poslanie-1853897407.html

View Quote

Noodles on the ear ought to be a standard meme. Want!

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 1:58:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dominion21] [#7]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

I have seen some Russian reports of Ukrainian wounded to dead estimates, and they varied from 3 wounded to 1 dead, to 5 wounded to one dead, also saying over 30'% of wounded get well enough to get back to the fighting. so 4 might be a decent estimate.  I posted the data 1000's of pages ago though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GunLvrPHD:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Wounded to killed ratio is one of the big questions for both sides, but due to mediocre to poor care standards and long evac times, or no evac at all in some places, it’s probably much lower.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Ukraine’s casualties were 80-100,000 killed and 320-400,000 wounded, for a 4:1 ratio.
I think Russia is around 375-400,000 killed (marginally higher than the UA estimate) and around 750-800,000 wounded, for a 2:1 ratio.

I doubt it's 4:1 for the Ukrainians. Fighting on their home turf the wounded will get better, faster care.

I have seen some Russian reports of Ukrainian wounded to dead estimates, and they varied from 3 wounded to 1 dead, to 5 wounded to one dead, also saying over 30'% of wounded get well enough to get back to the fighting. so 4 might be a decent estimate.  I posted the data 1000's of pages ago though.

Thanks AT !  

Maybe someone with data skills can someday compile the amazing amount of data this one thread represents.

Fist off, yes - I am way behind and quoting an old post.  

Just wanted to add some background to the injury and drone-munition discussion:

Russian F1 grenades:  a WW 2 design stolen from the French:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/F-1_grenade_(Russia)

60 g (2.1 oz) explosive charge (TNT).  - which is less than half of what’s used in Western grenades.  

Time fuse = about 3.5 to 4 seconds, which for drone use means the drone has to fly at a much lower altitude, or risk an air-burst and possibly less effectiveness.

As Capta earlier pointed out, this old design is notoriously unpredictable, and sometimes splits in just 2 pieces instead of fragmenting as intended.  But, as the drone drop videos prove, this grenade is often still effective.

For comparison, a U.S. M-67 grenade looks like this inside:

A more common, and possibly more effective drone munition is improvised from a Vog 17m or a VOG-30 grenade launcher cartridge:

The cartridge case and propelling charge are removed. Often tail fins are added.  Sometimes 2 grenades are stacked on top of one another.  Another modification is to add a solid rod to help the grenade go off closer to knee height, instead of ankle height.  This grenade is just 30mm in diameter, but appears as effective or more so than the ancient Russian F1 design, probably due to the pre-fragmented shrapnel case.

RE injuries:  the Rus military indicated some time ago that only officers would be transported back to Russia for proper treatment if wounded. This appears to be well-known and true. I have seen videos where:

- Russian Mobiks have been wounded, then pt out of their misery (finished off) by their comrades,

-‘Mobiks commit battlefield suicide, and one:

- 2 Mobiks stole the winter coat off a wounded but very much alive comrade, then left him to die of his wounds or freeze to death.  

Yes - we have all also seen combat evac of wounded Russians:  my assumption has to be those are wounded Russian officers who ordered the men to carry them back to safety.  NOTE: the Russians - especially Chechens - are often rumored to execute those who try to retreat.

This all boils down to those seemingly non-lethal leg-wounds from drone munitions:  

My guess is most of them eventually died from blood loss, infection, or at least lost a limb due to Russian neglect.

Suffice to say Russian KIAs are far higher than would be the case for nearly any Western army under the same circumstances.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#8]

We have at least 3 million older stock DPICM 155mm munitions that have the higher 2% to 5% dud rate according to their test certificates, in stockpiles.  We don't apparently want to use them in a war, because the dud rates are a self imposed no-no, and Ukraine has proven that they are effective against the Russians.  I don't see why we don't just supply all Ukrainian 155mm systems with 2 million rounds from old stockpiles while we are making the latest modern rounds in the meantime while Europe and our production catch up this year.

On top of that, a single DPICM round has been know in Ukraine to be equivalent to 8 standard HE rounds as far as effectiveness.

It just makes sense.

View All Quotes

We have at least 3 million older stock DPICM 155mm munitions that have the higher 2% to 5% dud rate according to their test certificates, in stockpiles.  We don't apparently want to use them in a war, because the dud rates are a self imposed no-no, and Ukraine has proven that they are effective against the Russians.  I don't see why we don't just supply all Ukrainian 155mm systems with 2 million rounds from old stockpiles while we are making the latest modern rounds in the meantime while Europe and our production catch up this year.

On top of that, a single DPICM round has been know in Ukraine to be equivalent to 8 standard HE rounds as far as effectiveness.

It just makes sense.

Yes and don’t “charge” a penny for them. It will cost us to demil otherwise.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#9]
So when do we supply more old ATACMS?

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:08:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:

View All Quotes

It just makes sense.

Yes, also noted in that report is an estimated hundreds of thousands of US made dpicm that is in the hands of allied countries for contingencies.  This implies correctly that people thought ahead and had this stashed in Europe, Taiwan, S.Korea etc.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the new British Challenger 3 prototype, I see it has a Trophy active protection system on the turret top.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEiinIaXoAEwOwf?format=jpg&name=medium
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEiinIZXMAA_3HA?format=jpg&name=medium
View All Quotes
This is the new British Challenger 3 prototype, I see it has a Trophy active protection system on the turret top.

operational conditions to validate their performance and make refinements before another 140 are built and delivered to the British Army.

The Challenger 3 platform will be fitted with a new 120mm L55A1 smoothbore gun built by Rheinmetall, enabling the use of the most advanced ammunition available. Next Generation UK-sovereign modular armour, a fully digitised turret and integration of Trophy Medium Variant APS onto the platform will protect against rocket propelled grenades and anti-tank missiles and provide the British Army with a step change in war-fighting capability.

Via UK DoD Defence Equipment & Support

I happen to know a place that would be perfect for operational testing!

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Noodles on the ear ought to be a standard meme. Want!

View Quote

It's a Russian idiom that means BSing someone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:51:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#13]
L
O
L

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEiLP0IagAE5ciI?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

And in tomorrow’s edition of Pravda: Napolean, Descartes, Monet, Joan of Arc, Pasteur, De Gaulle, Charlemagne, Baguette, and Champagne were all killed when they came to Ukraine to collect the bodies of the French MOD staff.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#14]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#15]

And in tomorrow’s edition of Pravda: Napolean, Descartes, Monet, Joan of Arc, Pasteur, De Gaulle, Charlemagne, Baguette, and Wine were all killed when they came to Ukraine to collect the bodies of the French MOD staff.
View Quote

Thank God Charles Martel is still alive!
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#16]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEisaxBXIAAjZwT?format=jpg&name=900x900
View All Quotes

🇷🇺Russian drones uncontrollable. The radius of action is 250 meters. It is already in serial production.

I hope to live to see the other side of this conflict. The technological advances in Ukraine, expertise, and innovation would put them on the map for years to come. I think Russia gets that their place in the arms world is in danger of being taken over if they lose.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:07:08 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

operational conditions to validate their performance and make refinements before another 140 are built and delivered to the British Army.

The Challenger 3 platform will be fitted with a new 120mm L55A1 smoothbore gun built by Rheinmetall, enabling the use of the most advanced ammunition available. Next Generation UK-sovereign modular armour, a fully digitised turret and integration of Trophy Medium Variant APS onto the platform will protect against rocket propelled grenades and anti-tank missiles and provide the British Army with a step change in war-fighting capability.

Via UK DoD Defence Equipment & Support

Rheinmetall Challenger 3 - what a time to be alive.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#18]
The bill approving Sweden's participation in NATO was accepted in the General Assembly of the Turkish Grand National Assembly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:23:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Minister #Pistorius took part today in the virtual #UDCG , the so-called #Ramstein format. In addition to the main focus: situation update from Ukraine and the Capability Coalition air defense under 🇩🇪🇫🇷 leadership, he has promised the #Ukraine six SEA KING multi-purpose helicopters.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I hope to live to see the other side of this conflict. The technological advances in Ukraine, expertise, and innovation would put them on the map for years to come. I think Russia gets that their place in the arms world is in danger of being taken over if they lose.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Easterner:

I imagine just the Ukrainian logistics guys will have alot to teach the world.

Keep an eye on the sky, the ruskies seem extra pissy lately.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:36:47 PM EDT
[#21]
The German Sea Kings were built between 1972 - 1975 and are on the end of their lifetime.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:41:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By yekimak:

I imagine just the Ukrainian logistics guys will have alot to teach the world.

Keep an eye on the sky, the ruskies seem extra pissy lately.
View Quote

They should be. They just lost a gas terminal and there's no reason they won't lose more soon.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:

And in tomorrow’s edition of Pravda: Napolean, Descartes, Monet, Joan of Arc, Pasteur, De Gaulle, Charlemagne, Baguette, and Wine were all killed when they came to Ukraine to collect the bodies of the French MOD staff.

“Not for long.”
-Russian MOD
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#25]

RBU-6000 naval rocket launcher with anti-submarine rockets mountedon a T-80 hull.

They are going full Mad Max now.

Video.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Joachim Knopf, Managing Director of Taurus Systems GmbH: “We can push forward both #Taurus new production, platform integration and the overhaul of inventory at short notice. The prerequisite is that the customer has commissioned it.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Putinism is based on very deep demands. I can't say I agree with all of its contents, but it's an interesting article, nonetheless.

Key points:

. Putin's United Russia went through three distinct ideological phases - liberal conservatism (2004-2009), identitarian conservatism, (2009-2014), and identitarian conservatism with a geopolitical aspect (2014-2022). Now, we're seeing the emergence of a redefinition of this ideology to appeal to the "global majority."

. Conservatism is very difficult to "sell" on the international market, because it's always defined in national terms. That is, for Russia, conservatism in Russian, while for America, conservatism is American. This is why Putinism is trying to "sell" the concept of "justice."

. Putin had difficulty creating a traditional conservative ideology. What tradition is there to focus on? Communism? Needless to say, that's not conservative. Tsardom? Almost forgotten and with nothing more than fringe public support. The solution was to build on the tradition of "thousand years of Russian history," which includes everything. This suggests that each period of this thousand year-history is valuable and important, but the identity of the people is unchanging.

. I don't know if I agree with this at all, but it argues that there is no cult of personality (yet). Putinism itself, as a certain political and ideological model, may be greater than Putin. It was not Putin who imposed his ideas on the majority of Russians and the political elite, whose consolidation after the outbreak of the war, was remarkable. This is their ideology, and they like it. That is, Putin's personality is onl;y one component of Putinism.

. Putinism is a combination of three main postulates: identitarian conservatism, right wing communitarianism, and populism. Putin's ideologists say that the main thing for them is faith in God, justice, and solidarity, not life, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness.

. Putin's brand of populism is geopolitical, taking the contradiction between the people and the elite to the international level (not "us the people vs elites," but rather "us the global majority vs the golden billion").

. In order to appeal to China, Putinism might come to mix traditional values and a leftist agenda. Here is where I'd voice some serious disagreements. Leftism, as we in the west understand it, is not very popular in China. It has a lot more appeal to people outside of China.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:23:37 PM EDT
[#29]
https://i.imgur.com/GIsDZEi.jpg

RBU-6000 naval rocket launcher with anti-submarine rockets mountedon a T-80 hull.

Video.
View Quote

T-80 must have heard about the special underwater operation and wants to join in.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:35:27 PM EDT
[#30]

The numbers and the delivery dates...

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

T-80 must have heard about the special underwater operation and wants to join in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By castlebravo84:

Video.

What this means logistically is that they lack replacement parts to repair major assemblies.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Thanks AT !  

Maybe someone with data skills can someday compile the amazing amount of data this one thread represents.

60 g (2.1 oz) explosive charge (TNT).  - which is less than half of what’s used in Western grenades.  

Time fuse = about 3.5 to 4 seconds, which for drone use means the drone has to fly at a much lower altitude, or risk an air-burst and possibly less effectiveness.

As Capta earlier pointed out, this old design is notoriously unpredictable, and sometimes splits in just 2 pieces instead of fragmenting as intended.  But, as the drone drop videos prove, this grenade is often still effective.

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/uploads/1sectF1/1sectF1-055165.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/c5/30/58c530b8829ee50525e9003468577a43.jpg

A more common, and possibly more effective drone munition is improvised from a Vog 17m or a VOG-30 grenade launcher cartridge:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.GRg2Zogj1dxp0fl4k-Y5_QHaEl%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=2f3d6794336fb5ce8658a46f6b92d3cb95dc37b7dcaa0625470953fc7be72c95&ipo=images

The cartridge case and propelling charge are removed. Often tail fins are added.  Sometimes 2 grenades are stacked on top of one another.  Another modification is to add a solid rod to help the grenade go off closer to knee height, instead of ankle height.  This grenade is just 30mm in diameter, but appears as effective or more so than the ancient Russian F1 design, probably due to the pre-fragmented shrapnel case.

RE injuries:  the Rus military indicated some time ago that only officers would be transported back to Russia for proper treatment if wounded. This appears to be well-known and true. I have seen videos where:

- Russian Mobiks have been wounded, then pt out of their misery (finished off) by their comrades,

- 2 Mobiks stole the winter coat off a wounded but very much alive comrade, then left him to die of his wounds or freeze to death.  

Yes - we have all also seen combat evac of wounded Russians:  my assumption has to be those are wounded Russian officers who ordered the men to carry them back to safety.  NOTE: the Russians - especially Chechens - are often rumored to execute those who try to retreat.

This all boils down to those seemingly non-lethal leg-wounds from drone munitions:  

My guess is most of them eventually died from blood loss, infection, or at least lost a limb due to Russian neglect.

Suffice to say Russian KIAs are far higher than would be the case for nearly any Western army under the same circumstances.
View Quote

Good post. I always enjoy grenade cut-aways.

I have sometimes felt that the UA drone operators spend too much time and ordinance on wounded Russians. I'd rather see 2 wounded RU than 1 dude splattered with multiple drone-drops. With the medical care those poor guys get, it makes more sense. Although the drone operators cannot know how bad one is wounded, faking, stone cold DRT or what.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:48:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

I have sometimes felt that the UA drone operators spend too much time and ordinance on wounded Russians. I'd rather see 2 wounded RU than 1 dude splattered with multiple drone-drops. With the medical care those poor guys get, it makes more sense. Although the drone operators cannot know how bad one is wounded, faking, stone cold DRT or what.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Thanks AT !  

http://www.deactivated-guns.co.uk/images/uploads/1sectF1/1sectF1-055165.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/58/c5/30/58c530b8829ee50525e9003468577a43.jpg

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.GRg2Zogj1dxp0fl4k-Y5_QHaEl%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=2f3d6794336fb5ce8658a46f6b92d3cb95dc37b7dcaa0625470953fc7be72c95&ipo=images

Agreed.  Seems like more wounded would have a bigger operational impact.  But like you said, they may not know and why risk letting the guy return to the battlefield.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:50:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Middle East tangent

American aggression against the city of Al-Qaim, western Iraq
https://t.me/SabrenNews22/99028

A source for Al-Rabaa: American missiles targeted the military college inside Jurf Al-Nasr and the operations headquarters

American aggression on Jurf al-Nasr
https://t.me/SabrenNews22/99027
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:
Putinism is based on very deep demands. I can't say I agree with all of its contents, but it's an interesting article, nonetheless.

Key points:

. Putin's United Russia went through three distinct ideological phases - liberal conservatism (2004-2009), identitarian conservatism, (2009-2014), and identitarian conservatism with a geopolitical aspect (2014-2022). Now, we're seeing the emergence of a redefinition of this ideology to appeal to the "global majority."

. Conservatism is very difficult to "sell" on the international market, because it's always defined in national terms. That is, for Russia, conservatism in Russian, while for America, conservatism is American. This is why Putinism is trying to "sell" the concept of "justice."

. Putin had difficulty creating a traditional conservative ideology. What tradition is there to focus on? Communism? Needless to say, that's not conservative. Tsardom? Almost forgotten and with nothing more than fringe public support. The solution was to build on the tradition of "thousand years of Russian history," which includes everything. This suggests that each period of this thousand year-history is valuable and important, but the identity of the people is unchanging.

. I don't know if I agree with this at all, but it argues that there is no cult of personality (yet). Putinism itself, as a certain political and ideological model, may be greater than Putin. It was not Putin who imposed his ideas on the majority of Russians and the political elite, whose consolidation after the outbreak of the war, was remarkable. This is their ideology, and they like it. That is, Putin's personality is onl;y one component of Putinism.

. Putinism is a combination of three main postulates: identitarian conservatism, right wing communitarianism, and populism. Putin's ideologists say that the main thing for them is faith in God, justice, and solidarity, not life, freedom, and the pursuit of happiness.

. Putin's brand of populism is geopolitical, taking the contradiction between the people and the elite to the international level (not "us the people vs elites," but rather "us the global majority vs the golden billion").

. In order to appeal to China, Putinism might come to mix traditional values and a leftist agenda. Here is where I'd voice some serious disagreements. Leftism, as we in the west understand it, is not very popular in China. It has a lot more appeal to people outside of China.
View Quote

What a convoluted mess. Trying to justify a Kleptocracy and Fascist combo.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

Agreed.  Seems like more wounded would have a bigger operational impact.  But like you said, they may not know and why risk letting the guy return to the battlefield.
View Quote

I also think there is an element of blood-lust. Once a UA drone operator gets some RU targets, they fire for effect until they catch fire and/or change shape. I dont blame them and can only imagine the hatred involved. Just seeing pictures I could probably strangle a wounded RU.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 5:55:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#37]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

Key points:

View Quote

A country's internal politics can sometimes be very hard to understand or decode by outsiders.  Some can't be coherently or consistently described by people inside that country, and that type might be virtually impossible for outsiders to understand.  One example that jumps to mind is "Peronism".
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Video.
View Quote

Looking forward to seeing the secondaries when those things get hit by drones.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By inferno715:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:51:06 PM EDT
[#41]

BMPT with cope cage.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#42]

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

Unrolled for your viewing pleasure

Yeah, reading the above thread, the only thing that is remotely likely to come in the requested quantities and on schedule will be small arms, PPE, and soft goods (packs, bags, helmets). Maybe a few of the light vehicles and special equipment, assuming most of those aren't made by the big names themselves.

Everything else the supplier base is on life support or non-existent from past underinvestment. Major combat systems won't be rolling out nearly so quickly.

But hey, at least the Germans are getting serious about their defense for the first time since 1989.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#44]

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

As pathetic as these numbers are, it is a significant improvement for Germany. Having over 200 of the latest and best Leopards is better than nothing. Hopefully this is just a start and they'll add another hundred or so Leopards each year until they once again have a respectable armor fleet. But I won't hold my breath.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:06:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:07:27 PM EDT
[#47]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEj8VRiWoAAlojW?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEj8WDrXIAAYN63?format=jpg&name=small
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GEj8U8fWoAAn8mT?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

That's some "fuck those guys" for you.

Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/WOW_PNG-3105036.png

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/WOW_PNG-3105036.png

I wish they could do more missions like that.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#50]
upcoming live

The Loafs are Coming: 2024-01-23

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5309 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top