Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1008 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Haub:
Has anyone else seen reports like this?

I just cant...
View Quote

Lol

Clown armies.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Fuck that thing. Blow it up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Chokey:

Pretty sure SpaceX could get a rescue rocket up there in a day or two. Take the American off and shut down the station remotely.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Crimea. Russian air defense shot down Ukrainian Tu-141 Strizh.  This is like one that crashed into Croatia yesterday.

https://t.me/milinfolive/78443

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-11_09-01-54_png-2309472.JPG
View Quote

Hmmm. Not even a dent in the pipe.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#4]

lol
View Quote

How much land will Bennett be giving away to Palestinians?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

That threat lost its usefulness when Dragon launched.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:09:28 PM EDT
[#6]
At this point it's time to hit Belarus bases if they go in.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote

SPACEX has utterly supplanted the Russian space capabilities.

They keep acting like they have a space dick left to swing. THEY DO NOT. You’ll just make NASA/Congress hand  another billion in contracts to Elon musk so they can ramp up Crew dragon operations. This would NOT be an issue and we’d just retaliate by NEVER working with Roscosmos again on anything and sanctioning them into oblivion.

YOU HAVE NO SPACEDICK RUSSIA.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
A question I came up with this morning is whether removing sanctions is a part of the negotiation process between Ukraine and Russia.  It seems that Russia would have much, much less incentive to give Ukraine a decent deal to achieve peace if all of the sanctions will remain in place after a peace deal is reached.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Originally Posted By Bassgasm:

It's amazing how many here aren't understanding this.

For months, there's been endless chicken little talk about inflation of the USD being 5-15% or whatever it really is. "We'll be Weimar Germany/Zimbabwe on Monday."

"If gas prices go up another $1, the entire US economy will collapse" ...because the average person paying maybe $1k a year more in gasoline is the difference, apparently.

Meanwhile, in Russia, the meteor has HIT. Their currency has lost nearly all its value, they're disconnected from international banking systems, their goods can no longer be sold in most of the world, and most of the world is no longer willing to sell them anything. They are good and properly fucked on a multi-generational level. The Great Depression was a minor, industry-specific slump compared to what the Russians are about to go through. It's going to take a bit for the poison to sink in to their economy, but a fatal dose has been administered.
And this doesn't get reversed in a week, recovery will take decades. They are going to lose a generation of progress.
A question I came up with this morning is whether removing sanctions is a part of the negotiation process between Ukraine and Russia.  It seems that Russia would have much, much less incentive to give Ukraine a decent deal to achieve peace if all of the sanctions will remain in place after a peace deal is reached.

Lol that's not even a question. Sanctions are there and will be for a long time. No matter what Ukraine agrees with Russia. They will feel the pain of this for decades. Russia has been set back several decades if not more and have been set on pause. For the fact alone to cross the border. It's done and over with. There is no fixing the damage done to Russia which is frigging huge. People are having a hard time understanding this. What putin has given up and has done to his own country for what?? Nazis??? Hahahaha biolabs??? Wtf!?!?.. we nuclear bombed the fuck out of there economy..why are people not realizing that?? They are fucked. And honestly I'm alittle suprised putin hasn't withdrawn. But his pride and ego won't let him.. his only choice now is to nuke the rest of the world to set us all back to the stone age like they are now or bite the bullet and take it alone..ask yourself what do you think putin will do?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:10:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By cryo_tech:
At this point it's time to hit Belarus bases if they go in.
View Quote

Fuck yeah. Russia said Poland doing the same thing they're doing for Ukraine would be a nato act of war. Fuck these cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Yup thats fine. A Crew Dragon capsule can seat up to 7 if they outfit it to do so. Once the russians leave, that'll free up a docking port or two.

Station can be run from earth if needed.
View Quote

there is a lot to figure out for station keeping i believe. would either have to figure out how to do it with the dracos or bring up more fuel for the russian control module.

The thing is past it's service life anyway. adjust trajectory and crash it in to putin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:11:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
A lot has changed in the month since that bullshit article was written.

All they did was change the captions. Scroll up.
View Quote

Yea that article sure didn't age well
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Haub] [#12]
Originally Posted By Obo2:

there is a lot to figure out for station keeping i believe. would either have to figure out how to do it with the dracos or bring up more fuel for the russian control module.

The thing is past it's service life anyway. adjust trajectory and crash it in to putin.
View All Quotes

Yup thats fine. A Crew Dragon capsule can seat up to 7 if they outfit it to do so. Once the russians leave, that'll free up a docking port or two.

Station can be run from earth if needed.

Even if SpaceX cant change software in time, I think Scott Manley said it would take quite a while for ISS to lose stability with the latest gyros in use. They'd probably have some time to do just that and yeet it into Russia.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By atavistic:

View Quote
thatsdifferent.gif
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

ISS? Don't you mean US Space Force Station Zelensky?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

This sort of enfeebled fuckmonkery is (I think) the best indicator that sanctions and Zelensky have got Russia by the balls.

It's a pretty weak move.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: feetpiece] [#16]

View Quote

Not having SEAD capability is like being a fair-weather bus driver

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:13:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Lol that's not even a question. Sanctions are there and will be for a long time. No matter what Ukraine agrees with Russia. They will feel the pain of this for decades. Russia has been set back several decades if not more and have been set on pause. For the fact alone to cross the border. It's done and over with. There is no fixing the damage done to Russia which is frigging huge. People are having a hard time understanding this. What putin has given up and has done to his own country for what?? Nazis??? Hahahaha biolabs??? Wtf!?!?.. we nuclear bombed the fuck out of there economy..why are people not realizing that?? They are fucked. And honestly I'm alittle suprised putin hasn't withdrawn. But his pride and ego won't let him.. his only choice now is to nuke the rest of the world to set us all back to the stone age like they are now or bite the bullet and take it alone..ask yourself what do you think putin will do?
View All Quotes

For months, there's been endless chicken little talk about inflation of the USD being 5-15% or whatever it really is. "We'll be Weimar Germany/Zimbabwe on Monday."

"If gas prices go up another $1, the entire US economy will collapse" ...because the average person paying maybe $1k a year more in gasoline is the difference, apparently.

Meanwhile, in Russia, the meteor has HIT. Their currency has lost nearly all its value, they're disconnected from international banking systems, their goods can no longer be sold in most of the world, and most of the world is no longer willing to sell them anything. They are good and properly fucked on a multi-generational level. The Great Depression was a minor, industry-specific slump compared to what the Russians are about to go through. It's going to take a bit for the poison to sink in to their economy, but a fatal dose has been administered.
And this doesn't get reversed in a week, recovery will take decades. They are going to lose a generation of progress.

I think you may be right, which is terrifying.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:13:31 PM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

From all research and various articles, Putin is an Aspie and he won't back down.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2015/02/04/putin-aspergers-syndrome-study-pentagon/22855927/
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:13:45 PM EDT
[#19]
The airspace in the north and eastern part of Ukraine is a death trap for many who enter.  BOTH sides have shit tons of anti aircraft munitions that are likely frequently moving. Ukraine likely can't operate anywhere near the Belarus or Russian border without being hit.  With so much of this spread over a large area, shit communications, and flying many of the identical aircraft, neither side is going to risk many incursions  at this point. Between enemy and friendly fire, it just isn't worth it for either.  Russia is content to launch missiles from stand off range inside of Russia or Belarus and only occasionally venture into contested areas.  I don't think Ukraine has the ability to get anywhere near the bases where these are being launched out of.

Stealth and drones are becoming even more crucial now than ever, proven over a modern battlefield.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote
It's interesting if you look at this from the perspective of the Russian Cosmonauts currently stationed on the ISS. They have access to every news outlet on Earth and have to know what's happening in the Ukraine. For them, they have to realize that they are likely going to be the last Russians in orbit for decades once they depart the station. The Russian's will not be able to afford much of a space program any more.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:14:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Crimea. Russian air defense shot down Ukrainian Tu-141 Strizh.  This is like one that crashed into Croatia yesterday.

https://t.me/milinfolive/78443

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/122973/Screenshot_from_2022-03-11_09-01-54_png-2309472.JPG
View Quote

Huh.

I had no idea that there were military drones that far back. I never really thought about it.

I wonder if one could find one for sale?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:14:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok, this could help mankind in the future:

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:14:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

I'm surprised the Ukrainians haven't tried to hit all of those aircraft that are staged in Belarus close tot he Ukrainian border.
View All Quotes
The Belarus thing probably is false flag, but you couldn't blame UKR for attacking a staging area for forces that are attacking them.

Adding to the whole smoke and mirror situation over there.

I'm surprised the Ukrainians haven't tried to hit all of those aircraft that are staged in Belarus close tot he Ukrainian border.

Sometimes it feels as if Jim McMahon and his WWF script writers have been repurposed for this war.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:16:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't think that should be read as "no aircraft are entering Ukrainian airspace". I think it should be read as "Russian strategic bombers aren't entering Ukrainian airspace and they are firing cruise missiles from standoff distance.  Russian air and ground attack aircraft are entering Ukrainian airspace frequently because they do not have weapons that can engage Ukrainian air and ground targets from standoff distance in Russia."

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JustaGunNut:

Important to note for the pro-NFZ folks. I guess it would be possible to shoot down cruise missiles, but if most aircraft aren't leaving Russia/Belarus a NFZ over Ukraine is gonna be real meh.
I don't think that should be read as "no aircraft are entering Ukrainian airspace". I think it should be read as "Russian strategic bombers aren't entering Ukrainian airspace and they are firing cruise missiles from standoff distance.  Russian air and ground attack aircraft are entering Ukrainian airspace frequently because they do not have weapons that can engage Ukrainian air and ground targets from standoff distance in Russia."

You're right. It says "some" and I read it as "most".
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Obo2] [#25]

View Quote

the trick would seem to be modifying the molotov so it doesn't burn your drone...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:17:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Check out the bing homepage today
View Quote

That is awesome.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:17:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By torstin:

Sometimes it feels as if Jim McMahon and his WWF script writers have been repurposed for this war.

View Quote

This timeline is fucking insane!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By feetpiece:

Not having SEAD capability is like being a fair-weather bus driver

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-06242c7b6ed566c0dbee5bc4970c74a1-lq

View Quote
Ukraine SEAD has been tractors
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:19:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: martin248] [#29]
Originally Posted By Yobro512:

Yep.

Unless Kiev is surrounded and cut off there is zero chance that Kiev ever falls.

Allowing a secure FOB is a failure yes, IF that happened. But it won’t result in the fall Kiev in the least by itself.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Yobro512:
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

Citation or bullshit.

Yep.

Unless Kiev is surrounded and cut off there is zero chance that Kiev ever falls.

Allowing a secure FOB is a failure yes, IF that happened. But it won’t result in the fall Kiev in the least by itself.

What it means is that Russians have use of that road, probably have their supply lines sorted out, and got that convoy equipment out of the vulnerable position of being on the road and deployed into the surrounding area.

That will enable them to sit on the edge of Kiev and strike any target they want. They will also be able to attack any vehicle trying to bring supplies into Kiev, and likely their next step would be to secure the roads on the other side

Their doctrine now will be to shell Kiev for a few weeks before going in with infantry. Even if they have to try it a few times they have the numbers.

The question is whether they have the time. Can they keep this up for weeks? Their economy is an issue.

If China and India prop them up... probably.

I think the West needs to start threatening trade with China and India unless they step back from enabling Putin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

Well its 8 pm. We're waiting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:

I just cant...

Well its 8 pm. We're waiting.

Maybe the troops said, 'No', like last week.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

lol

There are loads of Russian Israelis that might soon be joined with a huge number of remaining Jews if/when the Russian economy completely implodes. Israel really doesn’t want that because it’s not like it can tell any Jews to not show up and they may end up needing to find space for 200000 quickly.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:20:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Ukraine does not have the say so when it comes to sanction relief when it comes to negotiations between them and Russia. UKRAINE is not apart of nato. Some of yall need to realize that.  Sanctions are the west's punishment for Russia even crossing the border of Ukraine. Russia is done economically. Fuckin finished. There is no way they can get off that train now. That trigger has been pulled and the bullet flown. They have been set back to the stone age.  No matter what happens to Ukraine. I hope it was worth it to stop the scary "biolabs and nazis"..
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#33]

View Quote
All of the sudden Amazon's drone delivery service seem like a good idea.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:20:56 PM EDT
[#34]

I just cant...
View Quote

Yes, on pro-Russian accounts. But they could just be moving people around to keep everyone guessing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:21:06 PM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

*takes notes*
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:22:38 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Mostly, that would be a tremendous waste of resources, unless you're talking a consumer grade DJI or something. A MC is not likely to do much damage dropped from the sky.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes
The Belarus thing probably is false flag, but you couldn't blame UKR for attacking a staging area for forces that are attacking them.

Adding to the whole smoke and mirror situation over there.

Vince ?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:23:21 PM EDT
[#38]

the trick would seem to be modifying the molotov so it doesn't burn your drone...
View All Quotes

There are plans out there for contact igniting Molotovs
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:23:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: doc540] [#39]
Originally Posted By martin248:

What it means is that Russians have use of that road, probably have their supply lines sorted out, and got that convoy equipment out of the vulnerable position of being on the road and deployed into the surrounding area.

That will enable them to sit on the edge of Kiev and strike any target they want. They will also be able to attack any vehicle trying to bring supplies into Kiev, and likely their next step would be to secure the roads on the other side

Their doctrine now will be to shell Kiev for a few weeks before going in with infantry. Even if they have to try it a few times they have the numbers.

The question is whether they have the time. Can they keep this up for weeks? Their economy is an issue.

If China and India prop them up... probably.

I think the West needs to start threatening trade with China and India unless that step back from enabling Putin.
View Quote

This "West" you speak of will do nothing unless it is politically expedient as it focuses solely on the next election cycle.

Green is God, military is bad, America founded by greedy, white, he-devils, etc, etc.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:23:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Heartbreaker1373:
Check out the bing homepage today
View Quote

Very Nice.

For posterity:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Mostly, that would be a tremendous waste of resources, unless you're talking a consumer grade DJI or something. A MC is not likely to do much damage dropped from the sky.
View All Quotes

Ivan likes to drive with his turret open.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:25:25 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote
How about hand grenades? lets do it right.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:25:29 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

https://info.publicintelligence.net/WRTACmarch2009.pdf

Page two through three.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:25:51 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

The majority of the Ukr small arms are 5.45 right? I know I have seen a smattering of other weapons in small quantities.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
Ukraine failed to destroy the convoy, which has now deployed into position around the area. Forward operating bases set up. Supply lines intact. Artillery in place. Ukraine appears to be able to do nothing about it.

Russian probes into the city are attacked but if Russia can sit in those bases, firing artillery and choosing when and where to attack then it's just a matter of time.

Only hope now is the Russian economy collapses before Kiev falls.

Citation or bullshit.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-ukraine-war-satellite-imagery-shows-portion-of-russian-military-convoy-has-dispersed-and-redeployed.amp

Your description of the events is a stretch.  Russia has basically gotten their equipment off of the road and spread it out in areas with better concealment.  I'm not sure why they didn't do this a week ago.  Either way, it's not as dire as you're making it sound.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Pretty sure SpaceX could get a rescue rocket up there in a day or two. Take the American off and shut down the station remotely.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By planemaker:

Change the (air) locks on the way out.

Or maybe "accidentally" deorbit onto Moscow...
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:27:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:28:26 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes

Fuck yes it is! It's very real and very terrifying to think what putin will do and this isn't even done from getting worse for him. The longer this goes the farther he hurts his country and the more we will put sanctions and more damage upon Russia until the day comes he says fuck it if I'm going down we are all going down.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 2:29:56 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

Ignite-on-impact is easy.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1008 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top