Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1019 of 5591)
Page / 5591
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Civilians join Ukraine's Territorial Defence Forces
https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/civilians-join-ukraines-territorial-defe-idUSRTS67ZN8

Gallery with 19 images, worth a look if only to see what AKs they're getting.

Things don't appear to be at the "handing AKs out from the back of a truck" stage.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:16:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

I've also spotted U-2 flights popping up briefly flying out some places very nearby
View Quote
And we flew a pair of BUFF's around, whoop tee do. Wasting fuel, stroking egos and getting flight time on the log, chest thumping posturing. When I see some F-35's chasing Migs or providing CAS to the UKR's then I'll feel like we are making a difference. In the mean time the Russians are laughing at us & NATO while slaying civilians and laying waste to a country. May all the fucks in the world be upon Putin.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

How do you know within that timeline?

I read Russia has been building forward bases NW of Kviv.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By peacematu:
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:
Originally Posted By atavistic:
I've been hearing about this can of Kiev whoopass Putin is going to open for the past week. Did they leave the can opener in Moscow?

It's probably going to happen, sometime between Saturday and Monday night.  Unfortunately  

How do you know within that timeline?

I read Russia has been building forward bases NW of Kviv.

Forward Bases? Hell, they've had time to put in housing developments.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
this is great and all, but sign the Constitutional Carry Bill already.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmTHMmVsAA6SzO?format=jpg&name=900x900
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:18:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: marlinfan] [#5]
Originally Posted By voodochild:

I'd wager big on BlackWater.  Wagner is all fur coat and no trousers.  They got decimated in Syria.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Javak:
I wonder if Zelinsky has reached out to Eric Prince yet. Sort of a Black Water part 2.

Blackwater vs Wagner Group?

I'd wager big on BlackWater.  Wagner is all fur coat and no trousers.  They got decimated in Syria.

It’s FOG against Gruppe Wagner for this round.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Which begs the question: What happens if they stop?  Does the world just go back to normal?  Will the world end up trying to compensate to make russia stable again?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By FrankyRay:
Originally Posted By elcope:
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
@Zhukov Have you read any Peter Zeihan?  He's spent the past decade writing a series of books and making many, many presentations about the history of the Global Order (America Police guaranteeing free trade, aka Globalism), why it's folding up shop, and how there'd be a wildfire of regional wars and enormous power shifts following it.  We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now.  He's a demographic/geographic determinist who backs up his theories with reams of data.  He's not always right on the micro level but I think he's got the broad outline nailed.  He's got a higher opinion of the Russian military than I can currently credit them, I guess we'll see about that. And he didn't predict the instant global cancellation of the Russia economy IIRC.  His books are interesting and there's a thousand videos of his presentations on Youtube.  His opinion has been rapidly becoming more mainstream, he just gave a presentation at Fort Benning.

He recently freaked out this professional financial news reporter about four times in half an hour:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq75Av59-YU

Well worth the 30 min to watch.

Yes, it is. Some very thought provoking stuff in there.

"We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now."

That actually makes a lot of sense and explains the global craziness we are seeing. Hell, America doesn't even want police on it's own streets these days.

I heard him on an interview last night. He said Russia has 4-8 weeks left to end this conflict or Russia will completely collapse because of sanctions.

Which begs the question: What happens if they stop?  Does the world just go back to normal?  Will the world end up trying to compensate to make russia stable again?

US will have $87T Marshallov Plan to rebuild UKR and Russia.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:19:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HIMARS13A:

Russia isn't going to have any money for a long time.

But someone does need to come up with an off ramp for the Russians to take when they get tired of getting hammered.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:

In my opinion start with a few sanctions removed and Russia starts paying Ukraine a bunch of money. I doubt anyone who has a say will listen to me.

But someone does need to come up with an off ramp for the Russians to take when they get tired of getting hammered.

put down gunsky.

walk eastsky.

or die.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
I wonder if Zelinsky has reached out to Eric Prince yet. Sort of a Black Water part 2.

PPV. $49.95, plus tax.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Blackwater was an overhyped shit show in Iraq.

Many have better track records, L3, Dyncorp, Executive Outcomes etc..
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By nickmemphis:
BTW, while I deny categorically ever having done any practical testing of self igniting Molotov systems, I imagine hypothetically that the chlorate soaked paper towel technique is not the most reliable one. In minecraft.
View Quote

I believe the originals were petrol, soap or wax, acid, and an envelope of rust shavings taped to the side.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:23:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By racer765:

bullet to the back of the head.  cremated and flushed down a toilet.   we can hope...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By SmilingBandit:
Originally Posted By Haub:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNmhWyDXoAEMdzG?format=jpg&name=medium

After the first war crime the rest are free.

I would be glorious to see old putin dragged out of a hole and put on a rope like Saddam but I doubt that will ever happen. Especially if it were his own people doing it.

bullet to the back of the head.  cremated and flushed down a toilet.   we can hope...

Personally, I'd rather see Vitaly Klitschko beat him to death, but I'll take whatever.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By marlinfan:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By marlinfan:

My money is on FOG
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#13]

put down gunsky.

walk eastsky.

or die.
View All Quotes

In my opinion start with a few sanctions removed and Russia starts paying Ukraine a bunch of money. I doubt anyone who has a say will listen to me.

put down gunsky.

walk eastsky.

or die.

Lol you can always tell the ones that didn't absorb their history lessons.
Hint- his comment wasn't about individual soldiers.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Miracle_Pants:

CSG-8 is currently in the Adriatic. I'm not exactly an expert on Naval weaponry or anything but I would be surprised if the air wings and cruise missiles couldn't hit everything in the Black Sea if wanted.
View Quote

Navy Air wings haven't really kept up with anti-ship warfare - been too busy flighting land wars in Asia for the last 20 years.  

Not saying the couldn't, but it would be messier than most anticipate.

Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:33:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

Prince was on Steve Bannon’s show joining him in praise of Putin’s Russia 🤷🏻‍♂️
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:35:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JTF2] [#16]
It's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms for starters... and the invoking of the Emergencies Act had the support of the vast majority of the Canadian population... and only came after 3 weeks of patience had run out, which included the louts closing down major border trade bridges to the point where automobile production lines had to shut down on both sides of the border, businesses had been closed down for weeks in downtown Ottawa and air horns were sounding around the clock while people were trying to sleep etc.   You should use google to review how the VAST majority of the citizens living in Ottawa felt about the convoy.  Over 90% of the truckers were against it too.

On another note, you clearly don't have a clue about how close the USA and Canada have been and continues to be as well and likely aren't old enough to remember what Canada did in 1979 when the U.S. embassy in Tehran fell or on 9/11 when the USA closed it's air space to all incoming commercial air traffic, including all American jets.  If Canada hadn't taken them ALL in despite not knowing the true situation on board each of them, they would have been landing in the Atlantic.

oh and btw, Canada most definitely has been stepping up in many different ways to help the Ukrainians and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:35:33 PM EDT
[#17]

It's probably going to happen, sometime between Saturday and Monday night.  Unfortunately  
View All Quotes
I've been hearing about this can of Kiev whoopass Putin is going to open for the past week. Did they leave the can opener in Moscow?

and in the week they've been jerking off sitting there, something like 10,000 antitank missiles flowed into Ukraine.  and didn't end up somewhere near Kiev.  

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:37:54 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

He is full of shit. The nicest thing Bannon has ever said about Russia was that China was a bigger threat to the US than Russia.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sq40] [#19]

View All Quotes
@Zhukov Have you read any Peter Zeihan?  He's spent the past decade writing a series of books and making many, many presentations about the history of the Global Order (America Police guaranteeing free trade, aka Globalism), why it's folding up shop, and how there'd be a wildfire of regional wars and enormous power shifts following it.  We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now.  He's a demographic/geographic determinist who backs up his theories with reams of data.  He's not always right on the micro level but I think he's got the broad outline nailed.  He's got a higher opinion of the Russian military than I can currently credit them, I guess we'll see about that. And he didn't predict the instant global cancellation of the Russia economy IIRC.  His books are interesting and there's a thousand videos of his presentations on Youtube.  His opinion has been rapidly becoming more mainstream, he just gave a presentation at Fort Benning.

He recently freaked out this professional financial news reporter about four times in half an hour:

"We are living in the post America Police/smoldering wildfires are igniting/power is shifting fast stage right now."

That actually makes a lot of sense and explains the global craziness we are seeing. Hell, America doesn't even want police on it's own streets these days.

I heard him on an interview last night. He said Russia has 4-8 weeks left to end this conflict or Russia will completely collapse because of sanctions.

That’s the big what if.

If they leave Ukraine and get sanctions removed, they will have it rough for a few years, but survive.
If they don’t stop aggression, they will have to seek alliances fast, which may involve a broadening war, a world war.
They could pop off a nuke or two in Ukraine, and then use threats to get sanctions lowered, like North Korea does.
Last resort, they go nuclear and try to save their economy with a state of total war.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RickJames1999:

Navy Air wings haven't really kept up with anti-ship warfare - been too busy flighting land wars in Asia for the last 20 years.  

Not saying the couldn't, but it would be messier than most anticipate.

View Quote
Have we been watching the same war?

At this point I would put my money on a fishing fleet over the Russian navy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:40:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Meanwhile, over Romania....

Rare access as crews patrol NATO's frontline
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:40:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By somedude:

fb link,  tanks ambushed, some crunchies look like they bite it and rolling inferno.  same video as the tweet but continuous instead of the edited version showing the damage.

oaf nation
View Quote

On a Ukrainian road you never when you'll get hit or from what direction

Kind of like an Atlantic convoy ship in '42.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:40:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
And this doesn't get reversed in a week, recovery will take decades. They are going to lose a generation of progress.
View Quote

Many of the russian people are very forgiving of the russian government taking them into poverty in order to invade a foreign country. Painting a big Z on clothing and stuff in support of invading the nation of Ukraine has become a thing over there.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:41:12 PM EDT
[#24]
It sounds like Russians have started pounding a couple of airports in the west. Not good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:41:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By AROKIE:

Please don't post that Q quackery bs propaganda in here
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AROKIE:
Originally Posted By Riter:
I heard that Putin had attended the Young Global Leader conference of Clown Schwab's WEF and that he had been a speaker at several meetings.  Well, apparently Putin fell from Clown's grace and Clown booted Putin from WEF.  To me this was an honor because only azzwhole globalsh*ts would belong to that demonic group.

https://dcweekly.org/2022/03/10/klaus-schwabs-world-economic-forum-cuts-off-all-relations-with-russia-scrubs-putin-from-wef-website/

Please don't post that Q quackery bs propaganda in here

Seconded. Posters that want to discuss conspiracies should use the other threads.  This one is for news, political climate, strategy, and speculation on combat operations or war expansion.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:41:51 PM EDT
[#26]

and in the week they've been jerking off sitting there, something like 10,000 antitank missiles flowed into Ukraine.  and didn't end up somewhere near Kiev.  

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
View All Quotes

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Is there any way that Russian forces would assault Kiev without prolonged and gratuitous artillery prep first?  That hasn't happened yet.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:42:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dirtydog:
It sounds like Russians have started pounding a couple of airports in the west. Not good.
View Quote

link?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:42:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

He is full of shit. The nicest thing Bannon has ever said about Russia was that China was a bigger threat to the US than Russia.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SilverBearX:

Ah, thank you.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:42:37 PM EDT
[#29]

That’s the big what if.

If they leave Ukraine and get sanctions removed, they will have it rough for a few years, but survive.
If they don’t stop aggression, they will have to seek alliances fast, which may involve a broadening war, a world war.
They could pop off a nuke or two in Ukraine, and then use threats to get sanctions lowered, like North Korea does.
Last resort, they go nuclear and try to sace their economy with a state of total war.
View All Quotes

That’s the big what if.

Last resort, they go nuclear and try to sace their economy with a state of total war.

I guess my question had more to do with the West, rather than russia.  What will WE do if they stop?  Will we just go back to normal and start doing business with them again, forgetting the shit they pulled?  Or, I imagine this will be the case, will we even work to compensate them to make their oligarchs happy again?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#30]
FO Rooster has been spotted, folks.  Looks like he's in a purely advisory position.  

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/388557722796425217/951592261223870564/98GEYpm.png
View Quote

And expects the chick to do the fighting? What a cock!
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:43:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Theodoric] [#31]
Originally Posted By hondaciv:

link?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By hondaciv:
Originally Posted By Dirtydog:

link?
Link

MARIUPOL, Ukraine (AP)  Russian strikes hit near airports Friday in the western Ukrainian cities of Ivano-Frankiivsk and Lutsk, far from Russia's main offensive, possibly indicating a new direction in the war.

The mayor of Ivano-Frankiivsk, Ruslan Martsinkiv, ordered residents in neighboring areas to head to shelters after an air raid alert. The mayor of Lutsk also announced an airstrike near the airport. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

New satellite photos, meanwhile, appeared to show a massive convoy outside the Ukrainian capital had fanned out into towns and forests near Kyiv with artillery pieces raised for firing in another potentially ominous movement.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

View All Quotes

put down gunsky.

walk eastsky.

or die.

officers will die.  fragged or sniped.  conscripts get the chance to live if they're not carrying a weapon.

the offramp for the leaders has been passed.  too late.  kill them all.  the buildup of usaf/nato to the west is more than we saw in the leadup to ds.  and we have more and better weapons than we did 20 years ago and the local opposition is far more motivated and not likely to turn on us.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Many of the russian people are very forgiving of the russian government taking them into poverty in order to invade a foreign country. Painting a big Z on clothing and stuff in support of invading the nation of Ukraine has become a thing over there.
View All Quotes
And this doesn't get reversed in a week, recovery will take decades. They are going to lose a generation of progress.

And many are protesting or leaving too 🤷🏻‍♂️
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#34]

officers will die.  fragged or sniped.  conscripts get the chance to live if they're not carrying a weapon.

the offramp for the leaders has been passed.  too late.  kill them all.  the buildup of usaf/nato to the west is more than we saw in the leadup to ds.  and we have more and better weapons than we did 20 years ago and the local opposition is far more motivated and not likely to turn on us.
View All Quotes

put down gunsky.

walk eastsky.

or die.

Again, not what his comment was about. Think big picture. We can't keep butt fucking Russia if/when they decide this was a bad move.
Assuming Putin is gone.

You've heard of the treaty of Versailles?
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:

It looks like when they start the ambush, they fire two rockets, one hits the vehicle, and the other hits a dirt bank short of the road.
View Quote

That’s the rest of the missile continuing on its path after the warhead went off.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CS223:
And we flew a pair of BUFF's around, whoop tee do. Wasting fuel, stroking egos and getting flight time on the log, chest thumping posturing. When I see some F-35's chasing Migs or providing CAS to the UKR's then I'll feel like we are making a difference. In the mean time the Russians are laughing at us & NATO while slaying civilians and laying waste to a country. May all the fucks in the world be upon Putin.
View Quote

They are trying to reverse that message biden sent before about how "small incrusions" into other countries will be tolerated. They are literally trying to stop ww3, by showing force, now, finally.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Theodoric:
Link

MARIUPOL, Ukraine (AP)  Russian strikes hit near airports Friday in the western Ukrainian cities of Ivano-Frankiivsk and Lutsk, far from Russia's main offensive, possibly indicating a new direction in the war.

The mayor of Ivano-Frankiivsk, Ruslan Martsinkiv, ordered residents in neighboring areas to head to shelters after an air raid alert. The mayor of Lutsk also announced an airstrike near the airport. There were no immediate reports of casualties.

New satellite photos, meanwhile, appeared to show a massive convoy outside the Ukrainian capital had fanned out into towns and forests near Kyiv with artillery pieces raised for firing in another potentially ominous movement.
View Quote

ah, k.  Yeah, thats old news.  "old" news .  At least 12 hours.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:54:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By BerettaGuy:

Ukrainians are tough, they don't need a hand out for jobs- not in their DNA. They love to work.
View Quote

And thats why we won't be importing them by the c17 load. They'd be reliable R votes
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:54:54 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

It's always been about money and power with Prince. Always and I've said it before about 3 days here in this thread. His only loyalty is to the dollar
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Again, not what his comment was about. Think big picture. We can't keep butt fucking Russia if/when they decide this was a bad move.
Assuming Putin is gone.

View Quote

Right.

You can’t kettle a nuclear power.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:56:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JTF2:
It's called the Charter of Rights and Freedoms for starters... and the invoking of the Emergencies Act had the support of the vast majority of the Canadian population... and only came after 3 weeks of patience had run out, which included the louts closing down major border trade bridges to the point where automobile production lines had to shut down on both sides of the border, businesses had been closed down for weeks in downtown Ottawa and air horns were sounding around the clock while people were trying to sleep etc.   You should use google to review how the VAST majority of the citizens living in Ottawa felt about the convoy.  Over 90% of the truckers were against it too.

On another note, you clearly don't have a clue about how close the USA and Canada have been and continues to be as well and likely aren't old enough to remember what Canada did in 1979 when the U.S. embassy in Tehran fell or on 9/11 when the USA closed it's air space to all incoming commercial air traffic, including all American jets.  If Canada hadn't taken them ALL in despite not knowing the true situation on board each of them, they would have been landing in the Atlantic.

oh and btw, Canada most definitely has been stepping up in many different ways to help the Ukrainians and will continue to do so.
View Quote

put down the crack pipe.

1st: the "charter" has so many holes in it it's not worth the paper it's printed on.it says you have these rights unless the .gov says you don't--i.e. "reasonable means".we don't even have property rights.
do u know who owns everything in Canada?the queen.

2nd: the truckers blocked some border crossings for a few days and then allowed 1 lane open each way.then they agreed to end the blockades.

3rd: the truckers in Ottawa were protesting vaccine mandates and passports.they were peaceful and got attacked and beaten.

4th: Trudeau invoked the "emergencies act" which is the war measures act under a different name.Quebecers were dragged out of their houses at gunpoint and jailed without trial in 1970.
i remember driving around in my bicycle and seeing soldiers with FN's,smg's and apc'c in the street.

sorry to get off topic--i won't say anything else about it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:56:22 PM EDT
[#42]
A mysterious Ukrainian pilot who has shot down up to ten Russian jets had been thought to be a myth.

But now the general staff of the Ukrainian armed forces have released an image of the so-called Ghost of Kyiv, alongside his threat: 'Hello occupier, I'm coming for your soul!'.

Link
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Assuming Putin is gone.

View Quote

Whole heartedly agree there. I don’t think Russia has what it takes to pull it together like Germany did In the 30s but who knows, not worth the risk and the Russian people deserve a better shot than that anyways.

I guess my question is what if Putin isn’t removed, how does the world deal with that? Say he kinda backs off and a low to medium intensity conflict continues for months or years in areas that Russia has already taken, with Putin still leading the country?  I’m assuming Vlad has done more to protect his fortune and status than he did to prepare his military for war in Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2022 11:59:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Zelensky says Ukraine is on course for victory
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:01:10 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes

Yep. The older Generation is more loyal..the younger not so much
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Yeah, I know. I get it. But I am about done believing this is all about the government and not the people, when the people are wearing Z on their clothing and painting Z on their cars in support of the military that attacked an innocent foreign nation and is murdering unarmed civilians. Not to mention all of the talk about how important the russian genetic line is.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:04:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:

They can't be trusted for one. The CCP are born liars.

Truman et al fucked up big time by shit canning MacArthur and not taking out china during the Korean war. Only saving grace is that China is slowly dying from the inside due to their own deeply flawed and failed ideology/policy. At this point, that's the best outcome for the entire rest of the world. My concern is when the age bubble really hits them hard, they may become aggressive and imperialistic in attempt to survive it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Everybodygotone:
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Someone posted earlier in this thread that China was building 350 silos for ICBMs that contained 10 MIRV'd warheads each.  That alone would be 3500 strategic warheads.   I don't know what the West isn't trying to actively engage China in strategic arms reduction talks.

They can't be trusted for one. The CCP are born liars.

Truman et al fucked up big time by shit canning MacArthur and not taking out china during the Korean war. Only saving grace is that China is slowly dying from the inside due to their own deeply flawed and failed ideology/policy. At this point, that's the best outcome for the entire rest of the world. My concern is when the age bubble really hits them hard, they may become aggressive and imperialistic in attempt to survive it.

MacArthur was a better general officer than Truman (the former NYARNG FA Officer who was “elected” to be a battery commander) was president.  General MacArthur wanted to leverage our superior military technology and combat power against an adversary to win a major conflict.  

What an amazing concept…

No wonder he is so maligned in American history classes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

The 29 definitely can't match our f16 in ground attack capabilities, but 29's would be quite useful intercepting cruise missiles, Russian choppers, and ground attack aircraft. Ukr expressed multiple times their desire to aquire them. Im fairly certain they know more than we do on ar15.com about their value, and how they could employ them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock63:
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
Discussed earlier in ARF, but glad to see others using common sense:

Ukraine Needs Ground-Based Air Defenses Way More Than MiGs. Here Are The Best Options

What's even stranger is that somehow, as part of the MiG transfer drama, some in the media and on Capitol Hill reimagined the utility of the decades-old MiG-29 variants in question. While these aircraft do have an austere ground attack capability, somehow they have morphed into being a pivotal air-to-ground platform capable of unilaterally wiping out massive columns of Russian heavy armor that sit under their own anti-air umbrella. This is pure fantasy that has been created by people who have no idea what the MiG-29's capabilities actually are and think it is just an analog to a late-block F-16. And even then, their understanding of what an F-16 is actually capable of would also have to be of Hollywood action film level and outright divorced from reality. So no, a MiG-29 armed with a couple of rocket pods or a few dumb bombs is not going to repulse Russia's northern advance to Kyiv. And any mission of that sort has a high probability of being a one-way trip, regardless.

The 29 definitely can't match our f16 in ground attack capabilities, but 29's would be quite useful intercepting cruise missiles, Russian choppers, and ground attack aircraft. Ukr expressed multiple times their desire to aquire them. Im fairly certain they know more than we do on ar15.com about their value, and how they could employ them.

Ukraine has expressed desires for a great many things and just like a no fly zone, they'll never get MiG-29s too. TWZ brought up great alternatives and that's likely what's going to happen.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#49]

Yeah, I know. I get it. But I am about done believing this is all about the government and not the people, when the people are wearing Z on their clothing and painting Z on their cars in support of the military that attacked an innocent foreign nation and is murdering unarmed civilians. Not to mention all of the talk about how important the russian genetic line is.
View All Quotes

Likely just like here. Just think how many tow the BLM ANTIFA line. Unwitting idiots.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:05:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

Whole heartedly agree there. I don’t think Russia has what it takes to pull it together like Germany did In the 30s but who knows, not worth the risk and the Russian people deserve a better shot than that anyways.

I guess my question is what if Putin isn’t removed, how does the world deal with that? Say he kinda backs off and a low to medium intensity conflict continues for months or years in areas that Russia has already taken, with Putin still leading the country?  I’m assuming Vlad has done more to protect his fortune and status than he did to prepare his military for war in Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dbrad197:

Assuming Putin is gone.

I agree that they probably can't pull off a 1930s Germany, but let's not test that theory

To your second point....good question. I think that as long as they occupy Ukraine, all sanctions stay.
If they pull out and Putin is power, then maybe relax some.
If Putin is gone and a reasonable man takes over...then perhaps most/all sanctions are gone.
I'm just spitballing here, I don't have a definite answer except to say that if Russia ends hostilities then the world's reaction should take that in to account.
Page / 5591
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1019 of 5591)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top