Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1051 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mancow:

So Mexican Cartels become next superpower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mancow:
Originally Posted By Vinnland:

He posted the maximum damage scenaro for the US on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNsKR_OVsAMkRHY?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

So Mexican Cartels become next superpower.
Fixed
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:36:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw several posting yesterday that inferred the Ukrainians were out of TB-2's due to attrition in the air.  Anyone seen any updates or info on what their status is and how many Turkey can resupply?  I would love to see the US provide Reapers and Switchblades.  I'm shocked we haven't had that up and running by now?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By stone-age:

Why would Iran be firing on the US?
View Quote

Weak ass president is weak ass president
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By thesilvercord:
View Quote

That's unfortunate. When you only have so many resources, it's hard to mass those resources in sufficient quantity to really count without putting somewhere else at risk. My hope is that as we continue to provide weapons and intel, they are able to turn the tide before a major humanitarian disaster occurs. Ukraine needs more than just individual weapons. They need things that can destroy an armored column from afar.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By evilyoda:

So are you a media/press member or an aid worker?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By evilyoda:
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

I remember watching the war in Chechnya on TV late at night with my dad.  The Russians were leveling Grozny.  A jet had just dropped cluster bomb munitions, and the TV crew went scrambling.  My dad turned to me and asked (a little concerned) if I was thinking about heading over.  I snorted and said: Fuck That.  Jets dropping cluster-bomb munitions? There was no way I was going into a war in which a First World army was a combatant.

So are you a media/press member or an aid worker?

I carried a camera to war zones, and I wrote about what I saw.  I made my travel money working in the blue-collar trades.  WHY I was there had nothing to do with money, although I sometimes got paid for the pictures that I took and the things that I wrote.  I never considered myself a "professional" writer or photographer, although lots of people were impressed with the quality of my work.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Can we get a petition going on Twitter to encourage Elon to quickly develop and build a loitering hunter/killer drone swarm that can be launched by the thousands from a semi truck/trailer.  Could be a market for it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:
Mass surrender of the opposing side is the best possible outcome on the battlefield. They should do everything possible to facilitate that. Kuhndog is a thousand percent correct. Executing POW'S undermines that. Hell even the strapped to a pole bare ass whipped with a belt videos that have come out undermine that.

"We've got hot food to feed you. A warm place to sleep. We don't blame you for Putin's evil. We'll treat you nice and listen to your tale of woe."

Is EXACTLY the message Ukraine needs to send to Russian soldiers
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

Additionally, rooskies are surrendering quite a bit. Let word get out POWs are being executed and then they have something to fight for. Right now they have an out.
Mass surrender of the opposing side is the best possible outcome on the battlefield. They should do everything possible to facilitate that. Kuhndog is a thousand percent correct. Executing POW'S undermines that. Hell even the strapped to a pole bare ass whipped with a belt videos that have come out undermine that.

"We've got hot food to feed you. A warm place to sleep. We don't blame you for Putin's evil. We'll treat you nice and listen to your tale of woe."

I totally understand that line of thinking and it stands to reason in a war with no choice of engaging. As in if you are already in with no chance to get out. On the other hand, with Russia desperately seeking mercenaries and volunteers from amongst their populous and the world there is another line of thinking that has validity. Say you are a poor young man living in bumblefuck Russia and you had the chance to go to war, bring back trophies , perhaps find glory, have adventure, and kill the westerners that had kept you down. You know that worst case is you are killed, but that as long as you avoided that, then your two most likely outcomes were glory and your dreams coming true, or capture and eventual return to the same place you are now. Does not sound like a terrible gig for someone with few options.

Turn the tables and say three outcomes are equally as likely. You are 1- KIA, 2- you find the battlefield glory you seek, or 3- you are captured, strung up against a tree, tortured, humiliated, and left to freeze to death and be eaten by dogs. I think I would just stay in my shithole village.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By mnd6563:
Can we get a petition going on Twitter to encourage Elon to quickly develop and build a loitering hunter/killer drone swarm that can be launched by the thousands from a semi truck/trailer.  Could be a market for it.
View Quote

That exists.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37062/china-conducts-test-of-massive-suicide-drone-swarm-launched-from-a-box-on-a-truck
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Like those pipe-dream YouTube quad copter videos the Russians were producing a number of years back?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:46:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I saw several posting yesterday that inferred the Ukrainians were out of TB-2's due to attrition in the air.  Anyone seen any updates or info on what their status is and how many Turkey can resupply?  I would love to see the US provide Reapers and Switchblades.  I'm shocked we haven't had that up and running by now?
View Quote

The more I think about it the less I want the US to send anything to Ukraine.
It's an act of war.
Think about it in reverse, if Mexico and South America invaded us and Putin was sending Migs and thermobaric weapons to them.
We have no business getting involved in Ukraine.
Send aide for the refugees and call it a day.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Foreign fighters join the battle to defend Ukraine | ABC News
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:47:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ledfingers:

The UW-Madison used to have a research reactor in the engineering department, and it is the Capitol of the State.  Or maybe they are worried about my personal arsenal living just outside of Madistan.  Probably, the foreign guy who made the simulator probably saw something that he misinterpreted as a juicy target.
View Quote

Did the 115th fighter wing in Madison get their F-35’s yet?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Kokodude:

It's an act of war.
Think about it in reverse, if Mexico and South America invaded us and Putin was sending Migs and thermobaric weapons to them.
View Quote

I think it'd be us Putin was sending migs to

Or whatever
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#14]
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:

This looks like a really great effort and my hat is off to the creator.

But, I don’t think the wind patterns are correct. For Oklahoma City, the wind typically blows north in the warm months, and south in the cold months. The simulation shows the wind blowing north east, which is pretty rare.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amannamedjed:
Originally Posted By Vinnland:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

There's a guy working on a simulator for this, this is assuming all missiles work, no failures, and no intercepted missiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55x11a0aKtY

He posted the maximum damage scenaro for the US on twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FNsKR_OVsAMkRHY?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

This looks like a really great effort and my hat is off to the creator.

But, I don’t think the wind patterns are correct. For Oklahoma City, the wind typically blows north in the warm months, and south in the cold months. The simulation shows the wind blowing north east, which is pretty rare.

He inputted the wind patterns for one day in January 2022 he said in the tweet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:52:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Chokey:
View Quote

Give me a reason not to fly air patrol over western Ukraine and allow Polish SAM/Patriot batteries to do intercepts there. Russia doesn't want war with NATO, because there's a 99% chance of Russia being completely defeated and Putin and all his cronies ousted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]

It's an act of war.
View All Quotes

It's an act of war.

Was Russian involvement in Vietnam a act of war ? How about American involvement in Russia's Afghanistan ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#17]

It's an act of war.
View Quote

Maybe we should also preemptively give Alaska back to Russia in case Putin wants it. Putin has nukes after all.

And also maybe give our nuclear arsenal to Russia because the USA just having nukes is a threat to Russia.

Or maybe we should just surrender to Russia now. Think about it in reverse just the fact that the US exists is a threat to Russia.

And Putin has scary nukes!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 1:58:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#18]
Originally Posted By colossians323:

View All Quotes

Iranians mad at Israeli airstrikes in Syria. Not the most stupid thing the Iranians have ever done in the name of domestic outrage. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the result of internal politics in Iran.

Enough of this, I don't want to derail this thread.

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) have claimed responsibility for a rocket attack that targeted the northern Iraqi city of Irbil.
A dozen ballistic missiles struck Irbil early on March 13, targeting the U.S. consulate's new building and the neighboring residential area but caused only material damage and one civilian was injured, the Kurdish Interior Ministry said.
The IRGC released a statement taking responsibility for the missile attack against Israeli "strategic centers" in Irbil, Iran's state media reported.
"Any repetition of attacks by Israel will be met with a harsh, decisive and destructive response," the IRGC said in the statement.
A U.S. official blamed Iran for the attack earlier on March 13 but did not give further details
Iran's Revolutionary Guards Say They Were Behind Rocket Attack On Irbil

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#19]

It's an act of war.
View Quote

Glad you aren't in charge.  Pure cowardice.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:02:18 PM EDT
[#20]

The UW-Madison used to have a research reactor in the engineering department, and it is the Capitol of the State.  Or maybe they are worried about my personal arsenal living just outside of Madistan.  Probably, the foreign guy who made the simulator probably saw something that he misinterpreted as a juicy target.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Why does Madison get a nuke? Madison's on their side.

They are nuking major population centers….not just military targets.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By rca2222:

I'd enjoy shooting that guy in the face. He's been a propagandist for Russia since 2014.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rca2222:
Originally Posted By Commando223:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lbiplu3Cyjg

I'd enjoy shooting that guy in the face. He's been a propagandist for Russia since 2014.

I couldn't stand listening to him for more than about 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:
Iranians mad at Israeli airstrikes in Syria. Not the most stupid thing the Iranians have ever done in the name of domestic outrage. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the result of internal politics in Iran.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PurpleOtter:

Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) have claimed responsibility for a rocket attack that targeted the northern Iraqi city of Irbil.
A dozen ballistic missiles struck Irbil early on March 13, targeting the U.S. consulate's new building and the neighboring residential area but caused only material damage and one civilian was injured, the Kurdish Interior Ministry said.
The IRGC released a statement taking responsibility for the missile attack against Israeli "strategic centers" in Irbil, Iran's state media reported.
"Any repetition of attacks by Israel will be met with a harsh, decisive and destructive response," the IRGC said in the statement.
A U.S. official blamed Iran for the attack earlier on March 13 but did not give further details

Iran does this to save face.

They aren’t doing this to stop or attack anyone.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:06:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kncook:

They aren't doing this to stop or attack anyone.
View Quote
Agreed, hence my comment about Iranian domestic outrage.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Who's to say he hasn't done that already
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:08:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By kncook:

They aren’t doing this to stop or attack anyone.
View Quote

One of the high IQ people in another thread said this is why Iran launched those missiles.

"Or, another possibility--this is the consequence of countries who don't want to be run over by the absolute corruption that has taken over western nations (i.e. corporate enforced woke leftism/authoritarianism)."

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

I hope the Ukrainians can manage to remember this. Soldiers who know that their prisoners are being executed will fight for their lives, and they will fight for revenge. I believe that numbers wise it is worth it to manage the POWs in hopes that it will encourage other russian soldiers to surrender, or chose to not do a very good job of attacking Ukraine.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
Is there any analysis of how well NATO ATGM stockpiles are holding up?  Some of these countries have to be worried about needing them on their home soil.  Can replacements be manufactured rapidly or are they bottlenecked?
View Quote

Your fears are possibly warranted, but wouldn't it be better to destroy as much of their armor as possible as soon as possible?

The modern battle field is changing at an alarming rate. Before long we'll be back in the trenches.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:13:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:

Your fears are possibly warranted, but wouldn't it be better to destroy as much of their armor as possible as soon as possible?

The modern battle field is changing at an alarming rate. Before long we'll be back in the trenches.
View Quote

No we won't.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

It's already been answered. We assassinated their most beloved general at the airport with a drone when trump was president. We have had a back and forth with them for a while. A reasonable back and forth. It's not about biden. They also attacked us when trump was president.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

That would be cool... or not.

Others are already thinking about it.

What Are Drone Swarms And Why Does Every Military Suddenly Want One?

Meet the future weapon of mass destruction, the drone swarm

Israel’s Drone Swarm Over Gaza Should Worry Everyone
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#31]

It's an act of war.
View Quote

What happen to America standing up for what is good and right?  Have we given up on that idea.  Your post is sad.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#32]
Latest US weapons supply train heading for Ukraine.  Russia declares it a serious and dangerous escalation!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By M-1975:

View Quote

Holy crap, was that thing hit by a 203mm or what?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Why would Iran be firing on the US?

Yup.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:16:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 3one5:

What happen to America standing up for what is good and right?  Have we given up on that idea.  Your post is sad.
View All Quotes

It's an act of war.

And you should feel sad.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:18:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 7empest:

Maybe we should also preemptively give Alaska back to Russia in case Putin wants it. Putin has nukes after all.

And also maybe give our nuclear arsenal to Russia because the USA just having nukes is a threat to Russia.

Or maybe we should just surrender to Russia now. Think about it in reverse just the fact that the US exists is a threat to Russia.

And Putin has scary nukes!
View Quote

Exactly!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#37]

It's an act of war.
View Quote

It's a proxy war like all of the other proxy wars. As long as russia is dealing with Ukraine they can't invade poland and start a world war. If we send Ukraine arms, we have a higher likelyhood the entire planet does not descend into war, shortages, famine, plague. Though the US will be effected the least by ww3, probably regardless of nukes. I doubt russia wants commit suicide by hitting usa with a nuke.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Latest US weapons supply train heading for Ukraine.  Russia declares it a serious and dangerous escalation!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/191966/5C665293-4E5A-4EF1-B341-B6153E9751D9_jpe-2312081.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By GlockZen:

Ukraine.doesnt.need NATO. If Ukraine gets peace the west will rebuild it as Switzerland of the east. Russia has created a permanent enemy for the next 100 years.

Ukraine will work on a nuclear program, guarantee it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GlockZen:
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:
Positive signals on both sides coming out of negotiations.

Ukrainians are in the difficult position of not upsetting their donors and supporters by agreeing to Russian appeasement, Russia just needs an agreement that upholds their initial goals (no NATO in Ukraine).

Peace is the prize for Ukraine. For Russia, it's an agreement to not let Ukraine join NATO.

Ukraine.doesnt.need NATO. If Ukraine gets peace the west will rebuild it as Switzerland of the east. Russia has created a permanent enemy for the next 100 years.

Ukraine will work on a nuclear program, guarantee it.

They damn well better work on one. They’ve learned the world will only sit and watch them fight Russia. Sure we will throw some weapons at them but no one’s coming to help.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Glock63:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Glock63:

It's an act of war.

Also this!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Turn CC on:
????? ?? ????. ?????. ?????????????? ????????.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:21:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#42]

It's an act of war.
View Quote

The issue is the next day. You fight them here to soften them up before they mass on the Baltic's and or Poland   . This is a lesson to Russia on how hard it will be to face the full force of the US. real politik style.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

It's an act of war.

Agreed, posts like his do not bode well for our society.  Standing up for good against evil should be a no brainer on a Pro-2A web forum, but yet here we are...
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Give me a reason not to fly air patrol over western Ukraine and allow Polish SAM/Patriot batteries to do intercepts there. Russia doesn't want war with NATO, because there's a 99% chance of Russia being completely defeated and Putin and all his cronies ousted.
View Quote

The russian government is brainwashing their country to believe they are just trying to defend themselves against western powers. Many people in russia believe it, many others are afraid to say anything contrary to supporting the war. Many others who don't support the war will not be in russia anymore.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:25:53 PM EDT
[#45]

It's an act of war.
View Quote
Think about this. What if you were weak and shortsighted. then you would want to cut off aid to people who are in a fight for their lives.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Capta:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

Wow, looks like everything fell off
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:28:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Stretchman:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Turn CC on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZVNU93Bvs
View Quote

I'd like to see a before photo of that town.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:28:49 PM EDT
[#49]

Agreed, posts like his do not bode well for our society.  Standing up for good against evil should be a no brainer on a Pro-2A web forum, but yet here we are...
View Quote

It is quite disturbing.  I know it means American lives at risk, that hits close to home with a son in the Air Force and another headed to the Army in May.  But this is America, a country founded on God's principles.  We do what's right now matter what the consequences.  It's sickening to see American's tucking their tails and not standing up for our Brothers and Sisters across the globe.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 2:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PurpleOtter] [#50]

The russian government is brainwashing their country to believe they are just trying to defend themselves against western powers. Many people in russia believe it, many others are afraid to say anything contrary to supporting the war. Many others who don't support the war will not be in russia anymore.
View Quote
The ultra rich, those who were not under house arrest for Putin's protection, left last week. The intelligentsia and upper class are fleeing now. What will remain will be the poor, the ultra nationalists and those that have a vested interest in current system/regime.
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1051 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top