Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1339 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

As they get toppled in Ukraine, they are being erected in the United States.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheResurrector:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.
View Quote

Russia is literally murdering civilians as they try to flee, try to surrender, russia is bombing civilians. Digging dead and dying toddlers out of rubble all torn apart probably causes something to break in the heads of a lot of people. Russia has forced civilians to pick up a rifle and become non-professional soldiers. The results are totally predictable.
It's 100% on russia and russian soldiers.

As a soldier did you murder civilians? No.
The reason russian soldiers are called orcs is because they behave like orcs. It's not an isolated incident.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:46:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Live stream of the news.

Russia invades Ukraine LIVE | DW News livestream | Headline news from around the world

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#4]
Originally Posted By Zhukov:

Yes - see my post above. I completely disagree with AlchemyPhD's position, but that doesn't mean he's done anything warranting a warning - much less a ban. This forum is not an echo chamber. You "win" discussions by providing better arguments, not by throwing people off the board you disagree with. If it's the latter you want, then you better hope you never post anything *I* don't like...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Originally Posted By AlchemyPhD:

I don't want to see Ukraine get brutalized any more than you do, but I believe that a Russian loss (especially with NATO involvement) would have far worse consequences for the rest of the world than Ukraine being swallowed up by Russia. I don't see Russia leaving quietly. Look no further than Medvedev's recent statements about the use of nuclear weapons. Could be a bluff, but are we prepared to call it? To me that's an unacceptable risk over Ukraine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/102941/red_commie_shill_glowing_jpg-2327671.JPG

Come on staff... We're really going to let these bullshit accounts stay?

Yes - see my post above. I completely disagree with AlchemyPhD's position, but that doesn't mean he's done anything warranting a warning - much less a ban. This forum is not an echo chamber. You "win" discussions by providing better arguments, not by throwing people off the board you disagree with. If it's the latter you want, then you better hope you never post anything *I* don't like...

And then staff wonders why extensive threads in GD and team pop up increasingly frequently lamenting the current state of the board and longtime members being run off/banned while blatant shit-tier trolls (or equally likely potentially state paid agitators) are given free reign on the new, kinder, gentler ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

I never saw pogues, just POG
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:

Pogues, not POGs.  

I never saw pogues, just POG

Same here POG is an acronym for (Personnel Other than Grunts). I know, I was one
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By SheltiePimp:

There was a video of the Russians inside the airport administration building yesterday. Remember when all the media said they were "exterminated" after the first days of the war, this is a good example of why we can't trust any media on both sides.
View Quote

This is either seriously low quality gaslighting or plain stupidity. Nobody remembers when they were all “exterminated” because nobody ever said that it happened.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif
View Quote

Next thing you’re going to tell me is that the FPÖ is paid off by Putin.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]

I don't want to derail the thread, but I personally LOATHE those comments. There are people who throw those accusations out just as a way to impugn the other person without having a solid foundation. It's the cancer that is killing Arfcom. I see it akin to the left throwing the "racist" tag to people on the right because it's nearly impossible to defend and the mere accusation sticks with you forever. I wish people could stick to the arguments at hand without making everything personal.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

Does this mean the posts that just yell "sorry your girl lost" at anyone who disagrees with them are now reportable? At the end of the day it's the same thing. Asserting that you support for a particular person in a way that's meant to insult and disparage you.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I personally LOATHE those comments. There are people who throw those accusations out just as a way to impugn the other person without having a solid foundation. It's the cancer that is killing Arfcom. I see it akin to the left throwing the "racist" tag to people on the right because it's nearly impossible to defend and the mere accusation sticks with you forever. I wish people could stick to the arguments at hand without making everything personal.

Rationality? In GD?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By THOT_Vaccine:

Suggesting some sort of equivalency between those two is a tiny bit of a stretch... Don't 'cha think?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Krater:
Originally Posted By Triangle-66:
Based on their armbands they are Ukrainian separatists - white armbands (AKA) traitors to their own country. What is the penalty for treason? What should it be if you are killing your own civilian countrymen?
A bit ironic, given our Founding Fathers were separatists.

Suggesting some sort of equivalency between those two is a tiny bit of a stretch... Don't 'cha think?

i think it's relevant comparison.  There's probably Donbass separatists who believe they are heroes of the revolution.  Just like our fore fathers, the idea was not to get caught.  nothing good happens to those that get caught.  The J6 protesters are treated by congress and Fed Govt as insurrectionists.  RIP Ashley Babbitt.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:03:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:

It isn't about morality. If the Russians think surrender means a sandwich and a call to mommy then they will surrender more easily. Less Ukrainians will die and their chances of winning increase. If they wanna break out the lime and backhoes wait till the war is over.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GreenMushroom:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

Vice is doing great reporting.

Upon seeing that it reaffirms my belief that separatists deserve anything they get.

And while I understand what our military members say regarding how you treat prisoners, respectfully, how you treated some goat fucker in the middle of assfuckistan is not how you’d treat some turncoat who just murdered your sister in your hometown in the middle of all out war. If it is, I honestly don’t think we can be friends. If that makes me a bad person, I can live with that.

It isn't about morality. If the Russians think surrender means a sandwich and a call to mommy then they will surrender more easily. Less Ukrainians will die and their chances of winning increase. If they wanna break out the lime and backhoes wait till the war is over.

I guess that’s the Ukrainians decision to make. Those aren’t Russians, they are traitorous Ukrainians.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By outofbattery:

View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/0c96c781a5e6260d0827848aec47d205-381.gif

That trip to Ibiza was unforgettable …
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:10:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#13]
Originally Posted By x248716x:

i think it's relevant comparison.  There's probably Donbass separatists who believe they are heroes of the revolution.  Just like our fore fathers, the idea was not to get caught.  nothing good happens to those that get caught.  The J6 protesters are treated by congress and Fed Govt as insurrectionists.  RIP Ashley Babbitt.
View All Quotes
Based on their armbands they are Ukrainian separatists - white armbands (AKA) traitors to their own country. What is the penalty for treason? What should it be if you are killing your own civilian countrymen?

Let's take a more absurd example of "also separatists:" Rwanda. I mean, let's face it. The would-be Russian block member states have a lot more in common with people that hacked the feet off of women and children, than they do with with farmers that killed soldiers of the empire.

Now if some wealthy eurocentric state had given machetties to the Tootsy. Would it have been "also a war crime" for them to hack off feet too?

"The situations are completely different!"

... well yeah. That's my point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:11:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Balu] [#14]

View All Quotes

I think it's a dumb comparison but if Krater insists on it, even if we look at it through that lens, it makes no difference because both groups risked summary execution or savage treatment if caught. You think the "separatist" Founding Father's would have been treated like prisoners of war by the British? (putting aside that the notion of the Geneva Conventions wasn't even been around back then) No, they wouldn't have and they knew it and risked it anyway. These white arm band dudes are nothing like American Founding Fathers but there's one similarity in their situation which is that they cannot expect to be treated like prisoner's of war because they are not uniformed soldiers of the Russian military. Even now in 2022 the Geneva Conventions do not apply to spies and saboteurs, which is what the domestic insurgents within Ukraine are.

Just for clarity, I'm not arguing that kneecapping them on camera is the right approach, just trying get some people here to stop referring to them as POWs. They are not. It seems very difficult for some to get this through their thick skulls.

ETA: edited a bit because upon re-reading my post I realized x248716x kind of made the same point I was making. I just thought that any parallel between US Founding Fathers and FSB funded commie stooges in Ukraine was in bad taste.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zam18th] [#15]

There was a video of the Russians inside the airport administration building yesterday. Remember when all the media said they were "exterminated" after the first days of the war, this is a good example of why we can't trust any media on both sides.
View All Quotes

That wasn't disinformation. Control of the airport went back and forth several times before Russian forces pushed past it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#16]

View All Quotes

That was accurate, I believe.

Hostomel was taken via ground assault.  The air assault failed spectacularly.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Balu:

Assuming what we see on the video is what actually happened and it's not some FSB manufactured propaganda, the white arm band dudes are NOT Russian soldiers. It's important to understand that there are separatists in the Donbass region who are a mixture of local ethnic Russians, FSB agent provocateurs and local criminal element who may or may not be Russians or Ukrainians by ethnicity. These groups have been armed and supported by Russia to create contested territory and thus deny Ukraine the chance to join NATO, as well as to serve as a pretext for invasion. These are not conscripts or members of the regular Russian army. They are insurgents within Ukraine's borders who do not enjoy, even from a legal standpoint, the protections of the Geneva convention. Throughout conflicts of the past partisans and spies had been routinely summarily executed if caught. Not saying that makes it okay but it's a totally different situation from what a lot of hand-wringers here keep posting about.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.

I'm not on Russia's side by any means, 100% opposed to their bullshit invasion but that said it isn't really the individual soldiers fault. What do you expect them to do ? Refuse orders ? Heck a lot of them didn't even get the choice whether or not to join the military. They didn't have any good option. About the best option I can see is to surrender and plead your case that you were forced and didn't want to participate.

Assuming what we see on the video is what actually happened and it's not some FSB manufactured propaganda, the white arm band dudes are NOT Russian soldiers. It's important to understand that there are separatists in the Donbass region who are a mixture of local ethnic Russians, FSB agent provocateurs and local criminal element who may or may not be Russians or Ukrainians by ethnicity. These groups have been armed and supported by Russia to create contested territory and thus deny Ukraine the chance to join NATO, as well as to serve as a pretext for invasion. These are not conscripts or members of the regular Russian army. They are insurgents within Ukraine's borders who do not enjoy, even from a legal standpoint, the protections of the Geneva convention. Throughout conflicts of the past partisans and spies had been routinely summarily executed if caught. Not saying that makes it okay but it's a totally different situation from what a lot of hand-wringers here keep posting about.

I know what the white armbands mean, my comment wasn't so much regarding just the video but the comment regarding people should have stayed in Russia and the general hate toward the individual soldiers.

Regardless if real white armbands or not it will help russia.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Why would a soldier kneecap a guy and not kill him?
Shooter is gonna spend the rest of his life looking over
his shoulder for a guy intent on righteous revenge.

I'm not talking about morality here, just practicality.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:15:09 PM EDT
[#19]
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; and those who brought war into our country deserve all the curses and maledictions a people can pour out. I know I had no hand in making this war, and I know I will make more sacrifices to-day than any of you to secure peace. But you cannot have peace and a division of our country.
View Quote

Ukraine is fighting both an invasion and a civil war. So Sherman's quote is very applicable to the current conflict in Ukraine, especially regarding white armbands.  Emphasis mine.  

And this next quote is applicable for, well, you should know who ya'll are:

I confess, without shame, I am sick and tired of fighting—its glory is all moonshine; even success the most brilliant is over dead and mangled bodies, with the anguish and lamentations of distant families, appealing to me for sons, husbands and fathers ... tis only those who have never heard a shot, never heard the shriek and groans of the wounded and lacerated ... that cry aloud for more blood, more vengeance, more desolation.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#20]

I know what the white armbands mean, my comment wasn't so much regarding just the video but the comment regarding people should have stayed in Russia and the general hate toward the individual soldiers.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By weptek911:
Originally Posted By slapdaddy:
Don't know how long this one will be up.

I'm posting this mostly for the romantics that think this shit is so cool.  It's not, and this is how bad things are getting.  The laws of land warfare we pretend to care about so much, mean next to nothing when two sides hate each other this much.

This is what it comes to.  Draw whatever conclusion you like.

Kid gloves are off

Kneecapping prisoners? I guess they should have stayed in Russia.

I'm not on Russia's side by any means, 100% opposed to their bullshit invasion but that said it isn't really the individual soldiers fault. What do you expect them to do ? Refuse orders ? Heck a lot of them didn't even get the choice whether or not to join the military. They didn't have any good option. About the best option I can see is to surrender and plead your case that you were forced and didn't want to participate.

Fair enough. I can definitely agree with that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#21]

This is either seriously low quality gaslighting or plain stupidity. Nobody remembers when they were all “exterminated” because nobody ever said that it happened.
View Quote

At the start of the war there was bullshit flying so fast and thick on both sides, some of it was low-quality misinformation, some was mainstream media manipulation, on both sides. I do a lot of work in media, especially social media and it is plainly obvious both sides post bullshit, and for a very good reason, it works.

There are so many tweets and news articles about Hostomel that I am not going to pull them all up, but at that time it was beneficial for the west to push the idea that the attack on Hostomel was a failure and the Russians were wiped out or exterminated. The Russians are now saying they never lost control of the airport and they have the same soldiers there that were part of the initial attack. Who is lying, I don't know, but I do know that lying is a legitimate tactic and both sides are doing it.  

Ukraine claims it has RECAPTURED airport on outskirts of Kyiv from Russian special forces, claims defense minister, as President Zelensky says 137 of his soldiers have been killed fighting Putin's troops

Russian paratroopers' doomed raid to take airport: Video shows elite troops before they were wiped out at battle of Hostomel at the start of invasion as Russia admits five were killed in 'special operation'

Putin Thought Ukraine Would Fall Quickly. An Airport Battle Proved Him Wrong.
Russia wanted to use Hostomel Airport outside Kyiv to bring troops directly to the capital. A band of Ukrainian soldiers fought to keep the Russians from using the landing strip, forcing them to move soldiers and supplies over land.

I wont go on, but I hope you can see my point.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:18:10 PM EDT
[#22]

This is either seriously low quality gaslighting or plain stupidity. Nobody remembers when they were all "exterminated" because nobody ever said that it happened.
View All Quotes

This is either seriously low quality gaslighting or plain stupidity. Nobody remembers when they were all "exterminated" because nobody ever said that it happened.

I remember it. It was, I think, a poor translation of a UA MoD statement regarding an early operation that took back the airport. Said something like "resistance has been exterminated"

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:22:09 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Were our founders trying to separate from an independent US to rejoin Great Britain?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MiG-21:

Rationality? In GD?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/thatsMyFetish-728.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MiG-21:
Originally Posted By jDrexler:

Does this mean the posts that just yell "sorry your girl lost" at anyone who disagrees with them are now reportable? At the end of the day it's the same thing. Asserting that you support for a particular person in a way that's meant to insult and disparage you.

Rationality? In GD?

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/thatsMyFetish-728.gif

The problem is that those comments started as tongue in cheek ribbing but evolved into a more bitter comment of disdain as is described. Now people use it with both intents. Are we going to just have a living list of banned phrases? People will take pride in developing the next insult.

The problem isn't words, it's attitude and discourse.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:27:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jDrexler] [#25]
Originally Posted By jungatheart:

View Quote

It’s to make sure they can’t ever rejoin the fight, without going as far as killing them. They can go home to their wives and children, but they won’t ever effectively raise arms against Ukraine ever again.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

They were talking about a prisoner exchange.  Maybe they figured the wounded would drain more enemy resources, and also they couldn't be sent back immediately to the fight.  

It is also possible that these guys were Ukrainian separatists--and as such they no doubt have special ire reserved for them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]

At the start of the war there was bullshit flying so fast and thick on both sides, some of it was low-quality misinformation, some was mainstream media manipulation, on both sides. I do a lot of work in media, especially social media and it is plainly obvious both sides post bullshit, and for a very good reason, it works.

There are so many tweets and news articles about Hostomel that I am not going to pull them all up, but at that time it was beneficial for the west to push the idea that the attack on Hostomel was a failure and the Russians were wiped out or exterminated. The Russians are now saying they never lost control of the airport and they have the same soldiers there that were part of the initial attack. Who is lying, I don't know, but I do know that lying is a legitimate tactic and both sides are doing it.  

Ukraine claims it has RECAPTURED airport on outskirts of Kyiv from Russian special forces, claims defense minister, as President Zelensky says 137 of his soldiers have been killed fighting Putin's troops

Russian paratroopers' doomed raid to take airport: Video shows elite troops before they were wiped out at battle of Hostomel at the start of invasion as Russia admits five were killed in 'special operation'

Russia wanted to use Hostomel Airport outside Kyiv to bring troops directly to the capital. A band of Ukrainian soldiers fought to keep the Russians from using the landing strip, forcing them to move soldiers and supplies over land.

View Quote

This is exactly as I recall it being portrayed.

Of course, I was also perfectly aware that a propaganda echo chamber was being established.  

I quickly noticed that all encounters with the desperate, incompetent, utterly demoralized, enemy were glorious victories for Ukrainian forces--and it never once occurred to the cheerleaders how that could possibly be true.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:39:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Eight_Ring:

They were talking about a prisoner exchange.  Maybe they figured the wounded would drain more enemy resources, and also they couldn't be sent back immediately to the fight.  

It is also possible that these guys were Ukrainian separatists--and as such they no doubt have special ire reserved for them.
View All Quotes

It's quite possible the whole thing is staged. Ten guys swap uniforms. Give the Ukrainian prisoners some "Warm russian clothes."

Bipity. Bopity. Boop. "Ukrainians kneecap Russians. Film at eleven!"
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:48:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:

I guess that’s the Ukrainians decision to make. Those aren’t Russians, they are traitorous Ukrainians.
View Quote

Assuming the video shows what it claims it's not a decision it's an emotional reaction and a lapse in discipline. Russian propaganda will run with it and it plays right into the paranoid battered wife victim mentality of the Russians. They need to grit their teeth and throw an arm around their Russian "brothers" shoulders for the camera. They can take them for a walk right after if that suits them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#30]
A thread calling bullshit on the kneecapping vid, with analysis:

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:53:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Drakich:

https://www.reddit.com/r/russianwarcrimes/comments/tpipcw/teenager_witnessed_his_father_being_shot_dead_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tpf1q0/21_this_is_mariupol_all_russians_should_see_it_as/

Yeah, I'm all out of fucks to give about some Russian soldiers getting shot in the leg.  They should all be hanging from gibbets.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:

Yep. As an Active Duty Soldier, I picture someone doing this to me after I am captured. Fuck Ukraine. I hope they all die.

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler
Maybe active duty guy never had been to war or seen what those Ukrainian soldiers have seen. Putin started this war.....Now everyone suffers. FUCK PUTIN and his supporters !!!
How does that make you feel Mr. Active Duty Soldier?

https://www.reddit.com/r/russianwarcrimes/comments/tpipcw/teenager_witnessed_his_father_being_shot_dead_the/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/comments/tpf1q0/21_this_is_mariupol_all_russians_should_see_it_as/

Yeah, I'm all out of fucks to give about some Russian soldiers getting shot in the leg.  They should all be hanging from gibbets.

I know!  Fuck the Geneva Convention--cuz FEELS!

This war has truly been hard on you.

On your computer.

In Texas.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M-1975:
A thread calling bullshit on the kneecapping vid, with analysis:

View Quote

Fake seems to be the most likely scenario to me.

Who the fuck films themselves torturing someone? Ok take it for granted Dave might be saving films for family entertainment... Who the fuck then puts it on the internet?

That shit is going to be fake.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:57:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Of course, I was also perfectly aware that a propaganda echo chamber was being established.  

I quickly noticed that all encounters with the desperate, incompetent, utterly demoralized, enemy were glorious victories for Ukrainian forces--and it never once occurred to the cheerleaders how that could possibly be true.
View All Quotes

You being perfectly aware of how propaganda works places you in a really small % of the population, maybe 2 to 4%? Most people (outside of ar15.com) don't understand or know how propaganda works and they can be easily led and manipulated. Social media, in this war, will be studied for generations.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:00:00 PM EDT
[#35]

Interesting.

OK.  Now I get it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:01:42 PM EDT
[#36]

On your computer.

In Texas.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ISEEYOU2:

Fuck Ukraine?

I wonder if you'd be so forgiving after getting to see your grandma's and grandpa's faces turned into red paste.

Click To View Spoiler
Maybe active duty guy never had been to war or seen what those Ukrainian soldiers have seen. Putin started this war.....Now everyone suffers. FUCK PUTIN and his supporters !!!
How does that make you feel Mr. Active Duty Soldier?

On your computer.

In Texas.

It seems to me that it's Russia that said fuck the Geneva convention.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#38]

That was accurate, I believe.

Hostomel was taken via ground assault.  The air assault failed spectacularly.

View Quote

2 Questions:  1) What was the objective of the air assault?  2) How do you know that?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CGC:

If they are separatists or mercenaries or otherwise irregulars, then they are unlawful combatants per Law of Armed Conflict. They are not fighting under they flag of a sovereign state, subject to summary execution as sabateurs. This is what they should do with them and properly document their deaths for accountability, not record it for frivolous reasons.
View Quote

I agree that the frivolous recording and leaking of the video opens up a lot of problems. I do want to make a counterpoint for discussion that illustrates how it’s not always black and white.

It could be argued that they were operating as an organized militia, with identifying marks, rudimentary command structure, and openly carrying arms.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3nltQWQAEebBu?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3nq7qXsAIXGLM?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3n0WXXIAU-ZO1?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3n2IWXoAEzlsb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote
Someone tag Ben  
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Chokey:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3nltQWQAEebBu?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3nq7qXsAIXGLM?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3n0WXXIAU-ZO1?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FO3n2IWXoAEzlsb?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

Last picture, the one switch is named off road?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TacticalTader:

View Quote

diff lock
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:09:06 PM EDT
[#43]

Vortex!
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Azygos:

I agree that the frivolous recording and leaking of the video opens up a lot of problems. I do want to make a counterpoint for discussion that illustrates how it’s not always black and white.

It could be argued that they were operating as an organized militia, with identifying marks, rudimentary command structure, and openly carrying arms.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Azygos:
Originally Posted By CGC:

If they are separatists or mercenaries or otherwise irregulars, then they are unlawful combatants per Law of Armed Conflict. They are not fighting under they flag of a sovereign state, subject to summary execution as sabateurs. This is what they should do with them and properly document their deaths for accountability, not record it for frivolous reasons.

There is a fourth condition to be considered parties for whom the GC applies:
d) that of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Tahawus:

As they get toppled in Ukraine, they are being erected in the United States.
View Quote

Many U.S. collages have statues and busts of Marx.

Sen. McCarthy was right and a hero.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:14:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Who the fuck films themselves torturing someone? Ok take it for granted Dave might be saving films for family entertainment... Who the fuck then puts it on the internet?

View Quote

Lol. Cognitive dissonance much?
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

diff lock
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:
Originally Posted By TacticalTader:

diff lock

Ah, just find it wierd thats the one word in english on the panels
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#48]
I think that American Volunteer got captured.

Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:15:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: THOT_Vaccine] [#49]

View All Quotes

Lol unsupported assertion much?

-- I will slow roll it for you --

Are there people dumb enough to ensure they spend the rest of their lives running from their own people, AND the other guys? Sure.
How rare do you think that combination of vindictive and stupid is?
More rare than KGB  (sorry GRU) psyops?

I looked at it and instantly assumed psyop.... maybe I'm just gullible though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2022 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:

Same here POG is an acronym for (Personnel Other than Grunts). I know, I was one
View Quote

Meh. I was a shooter in a reconnaissance unit and my bullets, my commo, my medical, my food, my pay etc came from support units. You had a job and you did it. Atleast you don’t pose something your not. A effective fighting force takes all of us. Carry on 👍
Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 1339 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top