Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3443 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Can a Leo 1 kill a T-72?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"This is how the Leopard 1A5 tanks stored in the hangars of the German company FFG Flensburger look like.

Despite the fact that the machines undoubtedly need repair, they are properly preserved, sheltered from the direct influence of weather conditions and are in an externally acceptable condition.

The Leopard 1A5 is a modernization of the early Leopard 1, the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, as well as the ability to install additional armor plates that slightly increase the tank's armor protection."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-30_jpg-2696104.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-31_jpg-2696107.JPG
Can a Leo 1 kill a T-72?

Mobility kill; all day on any day.  Marine Reservists with their M60A1 "Diesel Dinosaurs" chewed their way through a LOT of Iraqi armor during Desert Storm.  A Leo 1 may have some problems with the newest T72/T80/90's fielded by the "elite" Russian Army units, but it will do Old Testament-level bad things to the older-variant T72s and T62s that the Orcs are increasingly being forced to rely on.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bunn19:

Yeah it sucks.  I feel like what's happening on this site is a microcosm of what's happening in the Republican party or the American Right in general.  Hopefully it turns around.
View Quote

It's a microcosm of life in general anymore.  There is no thoughtful debate anymore.  Now it's my fucking way and you're completely fucking wrong  hysterics about damn near everything.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
"T-84U Oplot. Ukrainian-made Battle tank review. Why tanks still matter?
View Quote

T-84U Oplot. Ukrainian-made main battle tank review. Why tanks still matter?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Finnish jaegers survive a BMP-2 in Ukraine

Finnish jaegers survive a BMP-2 in Ukraine

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

That’s encouraging, too bad they are dead men with temporary use of their arms and legs.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#6]

I just can't help but to ask myself what's going to happen when Ukraine gets zerg rushed by 300-500K Russians, in addition to the troops that are already there, holding a stalemate.  I think eventually the Ukrainians will stop them and probably massacre what's left of the Russian army, but its concerning to see these tactics slowly working around Bakmut.  Hopefully the Russians botch their second offensive as badly as they did their first major push at the start of the war.
View Quote

I don't believe the russians can equip anywhere near that number of orcs with arms and ammo or even proper uniforms.

I know people have been explaining the number of unequipped soldiers being thrown at Bakhmut by saying they are just being sent out to expose UKR artillery or they are prisoners putin would rather be rid of.  While likely true it's also likely not the only reason.  It could also just as much be the creative use of current assets.  What do you do if you have more men than guns? This would not be the first time the world has seen russia in that predicament.

We already know how short they are on basic equipment like military trucks to transport personnel. That's why we've seen civilian bread trucks and Scooby vans on the battlefield. They are not going to transport hundreds of thousands of orcs to any location with any sort of speed.  They aren't capable of it.  So no surprise rush from massed troops that won't be facing defenses that have had weeks or months to prepare.  And no small part of said rush would have to be on foot. That presents another problem for the orcs.

In many of the after action videos showing dead orcs in the trenches (even the ones who died with a gun in hand)  I've seen more of the dead bodies wearing black rubber barn boots than I can count.  They can't supply standard footwear to their personnel. Nobody is zerg rushing very far in barn boots.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 4:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By weptek911:

That's encouraging, too bad they are dead men with temporary use of their arms and legs.
View All Quotes

That's encouraging, too bad they are dead men with temporary use of their arms and legs.

Time will tell.

The thinner putin spreads his forces externally towards Ukraine and Crimea the less he can cover his ass internally.  

Or even externally in a different direction.  If this keeps going south and begins to look terminal don't be surprised by another country making a bold move.  Say like China helping themselves to a big chunk of Siberia.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Some nostalgia for the good ol' days.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#9]
EU to impose new sanctions against Russia | DW News
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Yeah it sucks.  I feel like what's happening on this site is a microcosm of what's happening in the Republican party or the American Right in general.  Hopefully it turns around.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Are you fucking kidding me? This really sucks. There were already very few "members" I trusted posting in here and now that number has decreased again. For 10 years I was a Gold contributor and would start  and finish my day in this forum. When certain things happened I let my membership lapse and only came around once in a while. When this thread started, I once again became a daily attendee and poster. It looks as if the end days are nigh. Such a shame. Time goes on and memories do become all we have.

You guys are both 100% correct.  The psyops many on the right have fallen victim to are insidious and very effective.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Dominion21:

Are these surplus machines equal to the latest version of the Leopard 2?

No.  No they are not.  But that is not the question.  Rather:

- are these old tanks a match against the T-62 and T-72s which Russia predominantly uses in Ukraine?

Yes, I believe, especially since:  "the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, "

As for parts support:  the Ukrainians are adept at cannibalizing necessary spares from other vehicles when needed.  Just send lots of them; the Ukrainians will make them work.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dominion21:
"This is how the Leopard 1A5 tanks stored in the hangars of the German company FFG Flensburger look like.

Despite the fact that the machines undoubtedly need repair, they are properly preserved, sheltered from the direct influence of weather conditions and are in an externally acceptable condition.

The Leopard 1A5 is a modernization of the early Leopard 1, the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, as well as the ability to install additional armor plates that slightly increase the tank's armor protection."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-30_jpg-2696104.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-31_jpg-2696107.JPG

Are these surplus machines equal to the latest version of the Leopard 2?

No.  No they are not.  But that is not the question.  Rather:

- are these old tanks a match against the T-62 and T-72s which Russia predominantly uses in Ukraine?

Yes, I believe, especially since:  "the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, "

As for parts support:  the Ukrainians are adept at cannibalizing necessary spares from other vehicles when needed.  Just send lots of them; the Ukrainians will make them work.

They can also benefit from the last 30 years of munitions development.

Falarick GLATGM   This was co-designed at the Ukrainian Luchs bureau and Belgian CMI Defense. A little software upgrade and voila!

LAHAT GLATGM   If Israel ever gets off their "neutrality", this would be REALLY nice.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

I don't believe the russians can equip anywhere near that number of orcs with arms and ammo or even proper uniforms.

I know people have been explaining the number of unequipped soldiers being thrown at Bakhmut by saying they are just being sent out to expose UKR artillery or they are prisoners putin would rather be rid of.  While likely true it's also likely not the only reason.  It could also just as much be the creative use of current assets.  What do you do if you have more men than guns? This would not be the first time the world has seen russia in that predicament.

We already know how short they are on basic equipment like military trucks to transport personnel. That's why we've seen civilian bread trucks and Scooby vans on the battlefield. They are not going to transport hundreds of thousands of orcs to any location with any sort of speed.  They aren't capable of it.  So no surprise rush from massed troops that won't be facing defenses that have had weeks or months to prepare.  And no small part of said rush would have to be on foot. That presents another problem for the orcs.

In many of the after action videos showing dead orcs in the trenches (even the ones who died with a gun in hand)  I've seen more of the dead bodies wearing black rubber barn boots than I can count.  They can't supply standard footwear to their personnel. Nobody is zerg rushing very far in barn boots.
View All Quotes

I just can't help but to ask myself what's going to happen when Ukraine gets zerg rushed by 300-500K Russians, in addition to the troops that are already there, holding a stalemate.  I think eventually the Ukrainians will stop them and probably massacre what's left of the Russian army, but its concerning to see these tactics slowly working around Bakmut.  Hopefully the Russians botch their second offensive as badly as they did their first major push at the start of the war.

The water alone that would be needed to sustain minimum survivable hydration for 500k Russian soldiers advancing on foot would bring the whole thing to a halt and result in massive casualties.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:

I mean, maybe it's just "trolling Russians" but not sure why there's a giant "1488" watermark on that lol.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By amanbearpig:
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
Neat, and very close up footage of a Ukrainian drone going after a Russian tank actively firing on Ukrainian positions.

I mean, maybe it's just "trolling Russians" but not sure why there's a giant "1488" watermark on that lol.

The moving tank at the start of the video isn't even the one that the drone dropped the grenade into.  Look at the reactive armor to the left of the barrel.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Pro-UA TG

In Bakhmut itself, the situation is difficult...
The Wagnerians are accumulating additional large forces, armored vehicles do not work as well as manpower there, and there are very, very many Wagnerians there
Currently, hostilities are already taking place in the Sobachivka district of Bakhmut

BAHMUT.LIFE!
City Chat | Write to us

https://t.me/bakhmut_life/19960

https://t.me/ukrainian_militant/11543

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:22:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By torstin:

That article is the first I've heard about Russia massing 500,000 troops on the border.  Is that generally accepted as true?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By torstin:

That article is the first I've heard about Russia massing 500,000 troops on the border.  Is that generally accepted as true?
I don't think it's 500k on the border. I think it's 500k mobiks total and buildups on the borders.

https://kyivindependent.com/national/ukraine-war-latest-intelligence-warns-russia-preparing-for-massive-offensive-to-capture-donbas-by-march

Reznikov also claimed that Russia had mobilized 500,000 troops, citing the abnormally high number of Russian troops at the borders. Reznikov's estimate is nearly twice as many as the 300,000 claimed by the Kremlin after its fall mobilization campaign.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

You guys are both 100% correct.  The psyops many on the right have fallen victim to are insidious and very effective.
View Quote
i am not even sure if its the same site with the same people , i mean they look the same but they all talk different , crazy times
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

What version of melamine tray are you running?  

Not gonna lie, I'm looking on eBay now...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bikedamon:
Originally Posted By sq40:
Originally Posted By CenterMass762:
Originally Posted By sq40:
What’s this… a package from Karhkiv?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/EAE6CE72-7298-439D-AA4C-9BB7213EA5B3_jpe-2695969.JPG

And what’s inside..

The Emperor of Mankind!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/71B86E18-F076-4DA7-B330-B06CC3C692B9_jpe-2695970.JPG

If you are a war game nerd into 40k or LOTR like me…  get something cool from Ukraine’s Black Legion Market.
https://blacklegionmarket.co/

Did it get shelled on the way out of Ukraine or is it supposed to be broken?

ETA- and are you getting ready to eat it?

*some assembly required

So, I like to spend early Saturday mornings putting miniatures together.  I like to sit in my recliner by the fire while doing it.  I found a sold melmanine lunch tray is the best for holding all of the parts and having a sold assembly space in the entree spot.  It sits in my lap great.

What version of melamine tray are you running?  

Not gonna lie, I'm looking on eBay now...

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#18]
"In Australia, unknown people painted the decommissioned Leopard with Putin's swastikas and wrote "Glory to Russia""

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#19]
What's the flash from the stugna that occurs a couple seconds after it's launched?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:

Agreed.  Ignore the noise.  Don't give into the assholes.  Getting ticked off and leaving is what they want.  This thread has been and continues to be of immense value and eye opening for many.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:
Originally Posted By Capta:
Originally Posted By SkiShooter:
I have had it with the trolls and the non-stop GD bs.  Any thoughts on moving the thread to Team or finding another venue where the conversations can continue?

Here's the thing with that-

One of the best things that happens in this thread is when someone from 2006 with 500 posts pops in with some insightful comment and says they've been reading from the beginning. That happens a lot.

If the truth is out there, it's gonna attract a lot of hate. Most of the disagreements in here seem like veiled attempts to derail the thread. That's when you know you have something good.

Damn the torpedoes, I say.

Yep.  I get that some don't need the stress.  But the bottom line is you've got to grow thick skin, rock ribs, and stay professional at the same time to get the truth out there and defend it.
Some people will never be reachable.  But I believe we have reached some others, or at least cracked the door open so they'll start looking into things for themselves.

Agreed.  Ignore the noise.  Don't give into the assholes.  Getting ticked off and leaving is what they want.  This thread has been and continues to be of immense value and eye opening for many.
My feelings exactly
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Time will tell.

The thinner putin spreads his forces externally towards Ukraine and Crimea the less he can cover his ass internally.  

Or even externally in a different direction.  If this keeps going south and begins to look terminal don't be surprised by another country making a bold move.  Say like China helping themselves to a big chunk of Siberia.
View All Quotes

Time will tell.

You’d really see some diplomatic gymnastics then.

Our best play would be to use the offer of aid to Russia to get them completely out of Ukraine.

Then slow drip aid to Russia so that they can bleed China out and weaken both countries.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I’ve seen some of these and wondered.
Your (as trustworthy as anything on the internet) guide to new Russian gear.

RusskayaSila is one of the first Russian factories to start producing tactical suits with a 10000mm membrane and modern anti-fragmentation protection.
Since August 2022, the suits have been used in the NVO zone by units of the Airborne Forces, which the factory wears on a volunteer basis.
There are thanks from the commander of the Airborne Forces, Colonel General Teplinsky, 45th Brigade of the Special Forces of the Airborne Forces, 98th Airborne Division.

On the picture:
1. Tactical wind and moisture protective suit. Membrane 10000 / 20000.
Jacket and trousers. Sealed seams. It is worn on the armor set. Suit access. Hood for helmet.
Wholesale price - 7000r.

2. Tactical suit from Softshell. Membrane 7000 / 7000.
Jacket and trousers. Insulated. From +10 to -5C. There are models with and without a hood.
Wholesale price - 7000/9000/10000r.

3. Anti-fragmentation ballistic suit.
Para-aramid inserts - protection of the neck, elbows, shoulders, sides, abdomen, lower back, knees, hips.
Jacket and trousers. Membrane 10000 / 15000. Insulation with a foil insert.
Wholesale price - 52000r.

4. Tactical membrane cover with thermal imager protection.
Size 210*260 cm. Waterproof membrane on both sides.
Allows you to hide 1 fighter from the thermal imager. You can connect several bedspreads.
Wholesale price - 7000r.

The factory does not have a retail network and is not represented on marketplaces.
The Russkayasila.rf website accepts orders for small wholesale lots from volunteer organizations and groups of like-minded people who help specific units.

https://t.me/rusich_army/7517

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:46:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

I hope you don't think that's what it's about. Personal insults up to a point are one thing, ok sure, suck it up. But derogatory insulting sexual comments about members wife's have NEVER been allowed here. That deserves standing up too. What was said was way past a different POV debate. Even posters on the other side of the debate saw that. Either we have a blindly enforced CoC, or we don't. It's the same complaint conservatives have about the justice system.

I have tried to debate the opposing POV consistently and with respect, cause I believe our position is strategically and morally superior, and we don't need edgy and insulting comments. I have been able to respectfully debate members such as R0N and Navydoc where we very much disagree, but keep respect. Even defended them getting labeled Putin Puffers hoping that the other side would see supporting UA isn't supporting Biden/WEF.

That said, the offending post was removed and CoC violation issued. Guns762 IM'ed me and apologized it took so long to address. Based on the posters past derogatory sexual comments, plus this personal attack about a members wife, a permaban could have been justified IMO. Mods saw it differently, but as long as it's not an issue going forward, I will consider this matter closed. Edit: Guns762 told me he was "banned".

After sleeping on it, the tech and team forums, plus this thread make ARF too much of an asset to punch out permanently. If it wasn't for this place, I never would have met my wife. That's not an embellishment. Because of donations from this place, I have been able to forward thousands of dollars of gear to front line soldiers. This place is still an asset, and I hope it stays that way. However, this situation was a good reminder I need to spend less time debating internet morons, and more time with my beautiful wife who is caring my first child.

Back to regular scheduled programming
View Quote
CONGRALUTIONS!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#25]
"This is how the fire control system of the T-80BVM tank modernized at the end of 2022 looks from the gunner's seat (photo 1).

To the left of the 1 46 sight is the same 1PN96  -01, which replaces the more advanced Sosna-U sight on current upgrades of the T-80BV and T-72B tanks, due to the lag behind the pace of its production and the pace of technology modernization.
It is also extremely interesting that all inscriptions on the 1G46 sight are made by sticking plates, although on ordinary 1G46 copies they were always made by engraving on the case. This may indicate that, at least, the export reserve was used to modernize some of the machines.
There is nothing surprising in the shift of priorities to domestic needs, since earlier entire export modifications of the T-90S tank were seen in service with both the Russian army and PMC "Wagner"."

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#26]
No confidence in the narrative, but the video is what it is.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:55:26 PM EDT
[#27]
RU TG has a video of an MLRS launch. It's nothing special.
This is the video description.

"The heat has gone, but after shooting, you need to change position as quickly as possible, because the response is from 3 to 7 minutes."

Substituted for the video that I can't find on Twitter, is this particular piece of propaganda, chosen only because it's interesting. For absolutely no other reason whatsoever.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Tell me they used all the HIMARS.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#29]
'It's Like A Gift From Heaven': Shelled And Looted Ukrainian Hospital Reopens Its Doors

'It's Like A Gift From Heaven': Shelled And Looted Ukrainian Hospital Reopens Its Doors

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:02:54 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: burnka871] [#32]
Originally Posted By doc540:
What's the flash from the stugna that occurs a couple seconds after it's launched?
View Quote

On similar systems there is a small starter motor that kicks it out of the tube, then the main motor kicks in. Probably something like that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:18:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I love this thread.

I read it in the morning while having coffee.

I read it at lunch at work.

I read it in the evening after I get home.

Have since page 1.

Its a fucking shame that a few shit-throwing monkees managed to run off a few of our best sources of inside news because hey got their little feelings hurt over some words.

Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#34]

https://www.occrp.org/en/investigations/italian-politicians-and-big-business-bought-into-russian-occupation-of-crimea
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:

*snip*
However, this situation was a good reminder I need to spend less time debating internet morons, and more time with my beautiful wife who is caring my first child.

Back to regular scheduled programming
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#36]
There were 11 now there were 10.

View Quote

Makes you wonder what the Russians put them there to counter?  Bayraktars?  Helicopters ferrying troops over the Dnepr?
The Russians seemed rather unconcerned with putting them right out in the clear within arty range, not to mention HIMARS.  Kinda hard to explain.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:34:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#37]
Deleted
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Koreans vs Kadyrovites - FIGHT!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:40:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Small unit ambush on UA logistics.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Mobility kill; all day on any day.  Marine Reservists with their M60A1 "Diesel Dinosaurs" chewed their way through a LOT of Iraqi armor during Desert Storm.  A Leo 1 may have some problems with the newest T72/T80/90's fielded by the "elite" Russian Army units, but it will do Old Testament-level bad things to the older-variant T72s and T62s that the Orcs are increasingly being forced to rely on.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Can a Leo 1 kill a T-72?

And heavily dependent on the ammo that is available. Over the years the 105mm ammo was improved many times.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LurkerII] [#41]
Dupe - shitty site is acting up again!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#42]

What's interesting is that the this number is within 7k of the number Easterner posts every morning.  Easterner's number is actually on the low side.  129k vs 136k.  Perhaps the UKR reporting is a little bit conservative.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Very interesting. I would bet that their numbers on the RU side are probably more accurate than their UA numbers, since they probably have good/better sources in Russia.

What a stupid and tragic loss of life all around!

What's interesting is that the this number is within 7k of the number Easterner posts every morning.  Easterner's number is actually on the low side.  129k vs 136k.  Perhaps the UKR reporting is a little bit conservative.

Could be, but the Russian source number also includes prisoners.  So far as we know, the number of prisoners on both sides is limited, so that 7k discrepancy could easily be POWs who end up being exchanged.
If anything, this is another confirmation of what the Ukrainians said early in the war - they have sources inside the Russian mil providing casualty information.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:44:02 PM EDT
[#43]
Weird speech by Kadyrov. "We can't be free because of Nazis in Ukraine".

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#44]
This is grudgingly pretty badass.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#45]

Makes you wonder what the Russians put them there to counter?  Bayraktars?  Helicopters ferrying troops over the Dnepr?
The Russians seemed rather unconcerned with putting them right out in the clear within arty range, not to mention HIMARS.  Kinda hard to explain.
View All Quotes

Those are good theories, but this second video is fascinating because the radar is in operation and the Ukrainian drone flies right up to the unit to get a ring side seat of the Excalibur fueled fireworks.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

I'm very surprised they have not already been sending nork troops.

Maybe if all 500 dont defect immediately, they will send 5K next time.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Another 40 million dollar wreck.

I fucking love those videos. A 1000 dollar drone flying over one of the most sophisticated and most modern Russian SAM systems without getting noticed or even attacked and seconds later it's gone.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:00:15 PM EDT
[#48]

I think this appropriately fits the general mood in here.

Though unfortunately, I don't think it could be posted at anyone specifically without getting some shit from the mods.

View Quote

Very good. I bet someone could make some fantastic gif's out of all the vid's in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:03:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
There are still thousands of M60 tanks in service and in storage around the world. I wish there was a way we could acquire a bunch of these and have them modernized to the Israeli/Turkish M60TM Sabra standard and donate those to Ukraine. It would offer much greater protection and firepower than the Leopard 1. In terms of protection, with the armor upgrades and APS, it would likely equal or exceed the T-72B3. And the updated 120mm gun and modernized sensors will offer much greater firepower than older generation western tanks such as the Leopard 1 and original M60 series. The armor package on these things is really pretty decent. There were Turkish M60T Sabras that withstood hits from ATGMs in Syria that destroyed even Leopard 2A4s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRfo043hkos

I'm not sure how long it would require for an M60 to be upgraded to this standard, or how many could be converted in a year. But it would be another means of getting more modernized and capable tanks into Ukrainian hands and would bypass concerns nations have about their latest technology potentially falling into enemy hands. If we had initiated such a project last spring, I bet by now we could have at least had Israeli and Turkish industry turn out several hundred of these heavily upgraded M60s for use in Ukraine.
View Quote

Be better off doing a cheap export model M1 since we at least own them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:09:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#50]
This is the Russian backed radio guy that works on their tank communications among other things.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3443 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top