Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3444 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Auto5guy:

Yes we should all be praying this is true and gains momentum.  This is why the outcome of wars are not always decided by battlefield numbers or the GDP of nations.

Sometimes the lower tier wolves begin to smell weakness and vulnerability...
View Quote

It would NOT be the first major war that Russia quit due to internal difficulties.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:18:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Those are good theories, but this second video is fascinating because the radar is in operation and the Ukrainian drone flies right up to the unit to get a ring side seat of the Excalibur fueled fireworks.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:
There were 11 now there were 10.

Makes you wonder what the Russians put them there to counter?  Bayraktars?  Helicopters ferrying troops over the Dnepr?
The Russians seemed rather unconcerned with putting them right out in the clear within arty range, not to mention HIMARS.  Kinda hard to explain.

Those are good theories, but this second video is fascinating because the radar is in operation and the Ukrainian drone flies right up to the unit to get a ring side seat of the Excalibur fueled fireworks.

The radar was running on the unit killed yesterday as well (at least the mast was rotating). It stopped rotating and the crew bails about 1s later.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:19:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Mobility kill; all day on any day.  Marine Reservists with their M60A1 "Diesel Dinosaurs" chewed their way through a LOT of Iraqi armor during Desert Storm.
View Quote

The boys from Yakima with Task Force Ripper.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]

According to CJ — a U.S. artillery officer who analyzes on Twitter what's happening on the battlefield in Ukraine — instead of responding to Ukrainian fire with artillery or rocket fire, the Russians began attacking with kamikaze drones, putting their Lancet-3, a small three-kilogram drone designed and manufactured in Russia by the defense company Zala, in the air. , of the Kalashnikov Group. The Lancet can fly within a radius of 40 kilometers in search of its prey before launching to destroy it.

Ironically, it was then that the Ukrainians' ability to attack and abandon their position turned against them. Confident in their apparent invincibility and the need to set up and dismantle the beach bar quickly, many of the gunners had stopped using camouflage nets. And those who did continue to use them, lost their protection by moving from one place to another constantly, being visible to the Lancet cameras.

But the lack of protection of Ukrainian shells, says CJ, seems to have ended thanks to chance: "[I]t discovered, apparently by accident, that the Lancets have difficulty penetrating the camouflage nets used by Ukrainian army tanks to fire indirect shots ... the Ukrainian army quickly passed on this lesson learned to its M777 [howitzer] units, which were more vulnerable." In just one week, Ukrainian gunners reportedly began using fences or metal screens in camouflage nets that provide protection against Lancets. While this makes the M777s less mobile, it also means that they are now protected from the threat of these drones, which is the most damaging to them.
View Quote

https://www.elconfidencial.com/tecnologia/novaceno/2023-02-02/ucrania-rusia-artilleria-drones-lancet-3_3568765/
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:

The more expensive the asset, the more important it is to employ it effectively.  It’s been said repeatedly by our actual fighter pilots that true mastery takes YEARS.  F-16s for Ukraine is a worthy goal, but I don’t see it altering the current short term course of the war.

I like things like the GLSDB - give them longer range precision fire capability that they can use within days or weeks.  

What can we do to get PrSM into production now?

What can we do to increase production of artillery shells NOW?  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Grendelsbane:
Originally Posted By grambosc:

Let anyone willing to send their current F-16s to them immediately jump to the front of the line for the new Block 70s we're building here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/481717/G23_00311FirstF_16Block70FirstFlightDAG0-2696241.JPG

The more expensive the asset, the more important it is to employ it effectively.  It’s been said repeatedly by our actual fighter pilots that true mastery takes YEARS.  F-16s for Ukraine is a worthy goal, but I don’t see it altering the current short term course of the war.

I like things like the GLSDB - give them longer range precision fire capability that they can use within days or weeks.  

What can we do to get PrSM into production now?

What can we do to increase production of artillery shells NOW?  

I'm good with sending them whatever they can put to use NOW.  If that's not F-16s (and it probably isn't, yet) then the other weapons, arty, and rockets.

I'm also ok with giving them advanced fighter aircraft.  It's not like we're really using them right now.  We're watching a Chinese spy/EMP delivery balloon just cruise over our country right now with impunity.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:

And heavily dependent on the ammo that is available. Over the years the 105mm ammo was improved many times.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ludder093:
Originally Posted By Dracster:
"This is how the Leopard 1A5 tanks stored in the hangars of the German company FFG Flensburger look like.

Despite the fact that the machines undoubtedly need repair, they are properly preserved, sheltered from the direct influence of weather conditions and are in an externally acceptable condition.

The Leopard 1A5 is a modernization of the early Leopard 1, the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, as well as the ability to install additional armor plates that slightly increase the tank's armor protection."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-30_jpg-2696104.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-31_jpg-2696107.JPG
Can a Leo 1 kill a T-72?

Mobility kill; all day on any day.  Marine Reservists with their M60A1 "Diesel Dinosaurs" chewed their way through a LOT of Iraqi armor during Desert Storm.  A Leo 1 may have some problems with the newest T72/T80/90's fielded by the "elite" Russian Army units, but it will do Old Testament-level bad things to the older-variant T72s and T62s that the Orcs are increasingly being forced to rely on.

And heavily dependent on the ammo that is available. Over the years the 105mm ammo was improved many times.

The 1A5 also has a bigger turret that can accommodate a 120mm L/44 gun but that upgrade is probably too long of a wait.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#7]

The radar was running on the unit killed yesterday as well (at least the mast was rotating). It stopped rotating and the crew bails about 1s later.
View All Quotes

Makes you wonder what the Russians put them there to counter?  Bayraktars?  Helicopters ferrying troops over the Dnepr?
The Russians seemed rather unconcerned with putting them right out in the clear within arty range, not to mention HIMARS.  Kinda hard to explain.

I had to watch that one again and your right, the mast mounted acquisition radar was in operation as well when hit.  
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
the M1 looks good in camo.

U.S. Deploys 100 New Tank Transporters to Move M1 Tanks Quickly in Europe

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:31:09 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

A wild guess, the radar can detect the drone, but the FCS is filtering out these small targets as error or maybe a bird and therefore they can't see it on their screens.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#11]

A wild guess, the radar can detect the drone, but the FCS is filtering out these small targets as error or maybe a bird and therefore they can't see it on their screens.

View Quote

in one of the videos posted on this page, when the drone circled the first time I could've sworn it was a hawk.  Perfect profile.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Prime:
View Quote

Stay away from tall buildings because soon it will be raining men.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:42:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grambosc] [#13]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:

You guys are both 100% correct.  The psyops many on the right have fallen victim to are insidious and very effective.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Are you fucking kidding me? This really sucks. There were already very few "members" I trusted posting in here and now that number has decreased again. For 10 years I was a Gold contributor and would start  and finish my day in this forum. When certain things happened I let my membership lapse and only came around once in a while. When this thread started, I once again became a daily attendee and poster. It looks as if the end days are nigh. Such a shame. Time goes on and memories do become all we have.

Yeah it sucks.  I feel like what's happening on this site is a microcosm of what's happening in the Republican party or the American Right in general.  Hopefully it turns around.

You guys are both 100% correct.  The psyops many on the right have fallen victim to are insidious and very effective.

I've had to cut ties with local grassroots groups over this.

It was especially disgusting when the local John Birch Society guy started spewing the Marxist Leninist talking points from Tucker and others.

At this point I'm just trying to get ready to ride out the storm.  No one is coming to save us.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#14]
SAAB's Ground Launched GLSDB
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:49:23 PM EDT
[#15]

The 1A5 also has a bigger turret that can accommodate a 120mm L/44 gun but that upgrade is probably too long of a wait.

View All Quotes
"This is how the Leopard 1A5 tanks stored in the hangars of the German company FFG Flensburger look like.

Despite the fact that the machines undoubtedly need repair, they are properly preserved, sheltered from the direct influence of weather conditions and are in an externally acceptable condition.

The Leopard 1A5 is a modernization of the early Leopard 1, the key difference from which is the presence of the EMES 18 anti-tank system with a laser rangefinder and thermal imager, similar to the early Leopard 2, as well as the ability to install additional armor plates that slightly increase the tank's armor protection."

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-30_jpg-2696104.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/48680/photo_2023-02-03_08-53-31_jpg-2696107.JPG
Can a Leo 1 kill a T-72?

Mobility kill; all day on any day.  Marine Reservists with their M60A1 "Diesel Dinosaurs" chewed their way through a LOT of Iraqi armor during Desert Storm.  A Leo 1 may have some problems with the newest T72/T80/90's fielded by the "elite" Russian Army units, but it will do Old Testament-level bad things to the older-variant T72s and T62s that the Orcs are increasingly being forced to rely on.

The Germans mounted the 120mm L44 in the small turret too.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CletusRoundbelly:
I love this thread.

I read it in the morning while having coffee.

I read it at lunch at work.

I read it in the evening after I get home.

Have since page 1.

Its a fucking shame that a few shit-throwing monkees managed to run off a few of our best sources of inside news because hey got their little feelings hurt over some words.

Just my .02
View Quote

100%  

Poo flinging monkeys stink up the whole place.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwBlNUEGU7M
View Quote

for such peaceniks, the Scandinavians are deadly clever
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Ordering some von Carsteins and wight kings.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m24shooter:
Originally Posted By sq40:
What’s this… a package from Karhkiv?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/EAE6CE72-7298-439D-AA4C-9BB7213EA5B3_jpe-2695969.JPG

And what’s inside..

The Emperor of Mankind!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/71B86E18-F076-4DA7-B330-B06CC3C692B9_jpe-2695970.JPG

If you are a war game nerd into 40k or LOTR like me…  get something cool from Ukraine’s Black Legion Market.
https://blacklegionmarket.co/

Ordering some von Carsteins and wight kings.

Ooohhh Vampires!   Nice!  

After I finish up my Grey Knights Army, I want to do something equally as interesting.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:06:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By doc540:

in one of the videos posted on this page, when the drone circled the first time I could've sworn it was a hawk.  Perfect profile.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By doc540:

I saw it too, thought they disguised a kamikaze drone as a hawk.  Its in the pointer guy video with reddit link I posted above.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:08:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: amanbearpig] [#20]

Can't vouch for the source but worth it for the visual alone. Like something out of a video game or movie.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
37 min ago.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#22]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkgs8gBQ1o
View Quote
HETTs and M88s I'm smiling.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwBlNUEGU7M
View Quote

I want to watch the rest of this movie.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
View All Quotes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkgs8gBQ1o

Wait POMCUS is still a thing?
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:33:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LurkerII:

Lost 2 great members, now this crap?
WTF is going on around here? Mods? Get off your asses please!
I will remember this at renewal time. I hope others do, what a cesspool this site has become.
View Quote
That has been dealt with thanks to mods.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:35:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Wait POMCUS is still a thing?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:38:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#28]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:40:25 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bunn19:
Originally Posted By Evil_Chaos:
Are you fucking kidding me? This really sucks. There were already very few "members" I trusted posting in here and now that number has decreased again. For 10 years I was a Gold contributor and would start  and finish my day in this forum. When certain things happened I let my membership lapse and only came around once in a while. When this thread started, I once again became a daily attendee and poster. It looks as if the end days are nigh. Such a shame. Time goes on and memories do become all we have.

Yeah it sucks.  I feel like what's happening on this site is a microcosm of what's happening in the Republican party or the American Right in general.  Hopefully it turns around.

Yeah, the Psyops thing is real. My wife has fallen victim to it, as well as most of the members of her Conservative Women's group.
Makes me Effin' crazy.
And yes, we're 'Boomers', (by a year) so you can keep that insult to yourself.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:42:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 8:50:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Saltwater-Hillbilly] [#31]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:

Be better off doing a cheap export model M1 since we at least own them.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
There are still thousands of M60 tanks in service and in storage around the world. I wish there was a way we could acquire a bunch of these and have them modernized to the Israeli/Turkish M60TM Sabra standard and donate those to Ukraine. It would offer much greater protection and firepower than the Leopard 1. In terms of protection, with the armor upgrades and APS, it would likely equal or exceed the T-72B3. And the updated 120mm gun and modernized sensors will offer much greater firepower than older generation western tanks such as the Leopard 1 and original M60 series. The armor package on these things is really pretty decent. There were Turkish M60T Sabras that withstood hits from ATGMs in Syria that destroyed even Leopard 2A4s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRfo043hkos

I'm not sure how long it would require for an M60 to be upgraded to this standard, or how many could be converted in a year. But it would be another means of getting more modernized and capable tanks into Ukrainian hands and would bypass concerns nations have about their latest technology potentially falling into enemy hands. If we had initiated such a project last spring, I bet by now we could have at least had Israeli and Turkish industry turn out several hundred of these heavily upgraded M60s for use in Ukraine.

Be better off doing a cheap export model M1 since we at least own them.

Probably correct.  The last M60A3s I saw in use by the US Army were a battalion or so at Grafenwoehr being used to equip the OPFOR in the early 2000's.  After the start of the GWOT, they were scavenging the "best" M60-series (and even some M48A5s) to equip the militaries of friendly (as defined in the Bush II years as "anybody at least giving lip service to fighting Islamic terrorists") countries.  I know of an ARNG unit that deployed to Iraq while they were in the process of moving between armories and involuntarily donated their M48A5 and M60A3 yard ornaments to the cause.  The unit stored the two tanks on a nearby AC installation while they were deploying to Iraq and relocating armories.  When they got back, both their gate guards had "inadvertently" been donated to someone and were "already on the boat".  I haven't seen an M48A5 that wasn't a yard ornament in forever and the only M60s I've seen (other than displays and yard ornaments) in the US were totally gutted variants in horrible condition that were being staged for their turn in the impact area.  Most of the countries that have M60A3s are still using them, or are neutral/hostile to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Not even the Russians are insane enough to try an opposed beach landing now.

Probably.
View All Quotes
Dude, please let it be an amphibious operation.

Not even the Russians are insane enough to try an opposed beach landing now.

Probably.

Russia launches amphibious landing, forgets to use amphibious vehicles.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#34]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoFQt1PaYAA607B?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote
They may have to issue a blyat alert
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 9:46:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: theskuh] [#35]
https://www.reddit.com/r/CombatFootage/comments/10rzip9/nsfw_ukrainian_medics_evacuating_heavily_wounded/

Not sure this was posted. Some nasty lower extremity wounds. Similar pics to a family member who was hit by a mortar in iraq.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#36]

View Quote

Just watch Ukraine cram something in there, like a 125mm...
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:10:53 PM EDT
[#37]
A couple of thoughts...

1. My Russian friends are all in on defending the rodina by invading other nations, even people who lived in Ukraine and have fond memories of it.  They see it as an existential crisis.

2. A Russian friend was proudly telling me about Wagner showing up to present to their local junior-high kids.  That may be a local thing rather than national; but it suggests a fairly long-term outlook on the fight.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:21:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

After which, they'll make some wild modification to mount the excess 105's into a BMP turret or something....
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 10:55:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:07:59 PM EDT
[#40]
UA domestic

Vitaly Kim stated that the sea ports of the Mykolaiv Region are 90% ready for grain export. However, the "grain corridor" will not be able to function if the farmers do not agree to it.

He reminded that liberation from the occupiers of the Kinburn Spit will help start the work of the "grain corridor.

— Currently, Mykolaiv ports and operators are 90% ready to work on the "grain corridor". But the release of the Kinburn Spit is an additional factor that could open up this possibility. The first and main one is the consent of the Russians so that the ports of the Mykolaiv Oblast become operational. Because we don't shoot at our ships, the danger comes from the Russians, who fired at barges trying to leave Mykolaiv port in the direction of Odesa, - said Kim.

https://t.me/newspn/49848

Pipes and valves were handed over to "Mykolaivska CHP" for the repair of heating networks. The city received them from Denmark.

"We try to respond promptly to all emergency situations," said the mayor Oleksandr Sienkovych. - And if any enterprise that works for the people of Mykolaiv needs help, we provide it. Together to victory".

Dmytro Myroshnychenko, acting general director of PJSC "Mykolaivska CHP" Dmytro Myroshnychenko, said that the equipment is necessary for the timely repair of networks and the elimination of defects that cause heat loss.

"The city's assistance will allow the enterprise to ensure a stable supply of heat to Mykolaiv residents," says the manager.

https://t.me/newspn/49862

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:21:42 PM EDT
[#41]
View All Quotes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FoFQt1PaYAA607B?format=jpg&name=medium

Defcon Blyat!
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
A couple of thoughts...

1. My Russian friends are all in on defending the rodina by invading other nations, even people who lived in Ukraine and have fond memories of it.  They see it as an existential crisis.

2. A Russian friend was proudly telling me about Wagner showing up to present to their local junior-high kids.  That may be a local thing rather than national; but it suggests a fairly long-term outlook on the fight.
View Quote

Wow.

Everyone thinks they’re the good guy.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Russian forces demonstrating for the home front that they’ve remembered how to prosecute a war.

https://tvzvezda.ru/news/202324452-D8anM.html

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:53:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:
A couple of thoughts...

View Quote

That's horrifying with respect to the long term prognosis of the conflict.  If the the average Russian is making the logical leap that fighting in Ukraine=defending Rodina, there's probably a LOT more people that are going to die before this is over.

Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:54:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: trapsh00ter99] [#45]
That has been dealt with thanks to mods.
View Quote
Yes I'd like to reiterate there should be no negative perceptions about the mods and site staff from this.

Every good sane member should try and stay.
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:54:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#46]

https://ddosecrets.com/wiki/Convex
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:00:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By YoungPatriot:
Agreed.  Ignore the noise.  Don’t give into the assholes.  Getting ticked off and leaving is what they want.  This thread has been and continues to be of immense value and eye opening for many.
View Quote

I would go so far as to say that getting rid of witnesses reporting direct from Ukraine is an actual goal of the trolls. It's all part of suppressing as much of the story as possible. There ARE pro-Russia trolls, and the do NOT get banned for being trolls. (at least, some number don't)
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:02:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/4/2023 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#50]
UK Training Mission

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 3444 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top