Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4427 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Ukrainian remote ground vehicle putting down mines.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:11:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#3]

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:12:07 AM EDT
[#4]
5 min ago.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:19:27 AM EDT
[#5]

Pitiful.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Known Russian reserve units being thrown into the battle for grinding.

https://twitter.com/PStyle0ne1/status/1676581201010622464

Thread about Russian reserves in South Ukraine by Ukrainian military expert Konstantin Mashovets (translated)

"The main forces of the Eastern Military District of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (operational-strategic command "Vostok") are almost completely committed to combat in the Southern Operational Zone.

1) The 5th Combined Arms Army (OVA), all 3 of its main formations have already been put into battle, in particular:

- 127th motorized rifle division (MSD) - in the Berdyansk area
   - 60th separate motorized rifle brigade (omsbr) - in the same place
   - 57th Omsbr - south of the city of Bakhmut

2) The 35th OVA ... also, with all its three formations, is deployed between the Berdyansk and Melitopol (it occupies almost the entire area that is located around the city of Polohy on both the eastern and western flanks, as well as the city itself)

- 38th brigade - direction Orikhiv - Polohy (axis of the village of Lugovskoye)
    - 64th Omsbr - north and northeast of the city
    - 69th separate cover brigade (obrP) - northwest of the city of Polohy and around the city

3) The 36th OVA has already been activated by one formation, its other formation has already begun deployment in the second echelon in the Berdyansk direction
View Quote

3) The 36th OVA (Combined Arms Army) has already been activated by one formation, its other formation has already begun deployment in the second echelon in the Berdyansk axis

- 37th brigade - defends in the direction of the village of Kermenchyk
    - The 5th separate tank brigade to the south of it ...

4) The smallest in its composition army of the Eastern Military District - the 29th OVA, in fact, is the only one that still remains in the reserve of the Vostok GV (in particular, its 36th Motorized Rifle Brigade) ...
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:27:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:29:16 AM EDT
[#8]
This is just South of Bakhmut, so keep an eye on this area.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:34:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Charging_Handle] [#10]
I believe the Lima tank plant could build anywhere from 30 to 60 Abrams tanks per month back in the day when they were running full bore. But this was the entire tank. I don't think Lima has built an entire tank in ages, probably not since the late 1990s. For the past 25 years they've just been taking older tanks and updating them to current standards. They are just re-using hulls. The Detroit Arsenal tank plant also produced Abrams tanks from 1982 through 1992, and Abrams tank components through 1996. The Detroit plant has since shut down. They didn't build quite as many as the Lima plant but still churned them out in pretty good numbers. M1 tanks produced at Lima had a serial number that started with an L, whereas those built at Detroit had a serial number that began with a D. I wish we could have found a way to keep the Detroit plant in operation too. Having that excess capacity now would be nice now. We could be running an entire line building export grade Abrams tanks for Ukraine in one plant and using the other for handling our own needs. It is why I hate to see any defense related production facility get shut down. Once a facility is closed, production ceases and the core of trained workers move on, it ain't coming back. Any future capacity from that point must be built from scratch.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:37:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Charging_Handle:
I believe the Lima tank plant could build anywhere from 30 to 60 Abrams tanks per month back in the day when they were running full bore. But this was the entire tank. I don't think Lima has built an entire tank in ages, probably not since the late 1990s. For the past 25 years they've just been taking older tanks and updating them to current standards. They are just re-using hulls. The Detroit Arsenal tank plant also produced Abrams tanks from 1982 through 1992, and Abrams tank components through 1996. The Detroit plant has since shut down. They didn't build quite as many as the Lima plant but still churned them out in pretty good numbers. M1 tanks produced at Lima had a serial number that started with an L, whereas those built at Detroit had a serial number that began with a D. I wish we could have found a way to keep the Detroit plant in operation too. Having that excess capacity now would be nice now. We could be running an entire line building export grade Abrams tanks for Ukraine in one plant and using the other for handling our own needs. It is why I hate to see any defense related production facility get shut down. Once a facility is closed, production ceases and the core of trained workers move on, it ain't coming back. Any future capacity from that point must be built from scratch.
View Quote

What would the entire workforce do for 32 years?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:52:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#14]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

Taken out by a single SMART or BONUS 155mm round.
View Quote

Bonus, a lot of black smoke.

Smart produces only a small puff of white smoke.

ETA: But the Turretorc is toasted beyond repair.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#15]
This is NATO Mosquito repellent being sold in Russian controlled Ukrainian territory.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0RcC53XwAEJLuH?format=jpg&name=medium
View Quote

Silly orcs.

NATO Mosquitos are biologically engineered to be impervious to spray repellent!
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 9:54:26 AM EDT
[#16]
This is NATO Mosquito repellent being sold in Russian controlled Ukrainian territory.

View Quote

I'd love to have a bottle of that but it probably causes cancer.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:01:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#17]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

lol, no one said you had to actually use it.  I'd just keep the bottle for laughs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#20]

🇷🇺 forces regularly mine locations with domestic animals, to attract people to mined areas, @UAnimalsENG
informs. For example, a kitten mewing from a locked shelf is likely to attract someone to that shelf to open it – and blow up the mine. This is a violation of the laws and customs of war, as well as the principles of humanity.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:19:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lorazepam] [#21]
Fucking twitter.
https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1676586465470431239
The Russian Federation is preparing to send even more Chechen soldiers and prisoners to Ukraine to fill the gaps that arose after the withdrawal of the "Wagner" PMC fighters - Bloomberg with reference to representatives of European intelligence.

In their opinion, the departure of the Wagnerites will not change the course of the war in Ukraine, but the desire of Russian President Vladimir Putin to avoid full military mobilization means that Moscow will send even more Chechens and prisoners to the front line in the coming weeks. It is not known how many additional troops Chechnya may provide. Chechen militants have not yet demonstrated any noticeable effectiveness during the war.

Currently, there are about 15,000 prisoners in the ranks of the Russian army. Chechnya will not send many troops to war - 7,000 of its soldiers are already at the front, and another 2,400 are undergoing training.
http://ZN.UA
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Keep this post in mind next time the Russians claim “tHeY’rE gEnOcIdInG tHe PeOpLe Of DoNeTsK”. They stored a shitton of rockets right next to a hospital, knowing that if it was targeted they could claim Ukraine was targeting a hospital.

They absolutely did say this on Russian TG, if I get the chance I’ll track it down.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
Fucking twitter.
https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1676586465470431239
The Russian Federation is preparing to send even more Chechen soldiers and prisoners to Ukraine to fill the gaps that arose after the withdrawal of the "Wagner" PMC fighters - Bloomberg with reference to representatives of European intelligence.

In their opinion, the departure of the Wagnerites will not change the course of the war in Ukraine, but the desire of Russian President Vladimir Putin to avoid full military mobilization means that Moscow will send even more Chechens and prisoners to the front line in the coming weeks. It is not known how many additional troops Chechnya may provide. Chechen militants have not yet demonstrated any noticeable effectiveness during the war.

Currently, there are about 15,000 prisoners in the ranks of the Russian army. Chechnya will not send many troops to war - 7,000 of its soldiers are already at the front, and another 2,400 are undergoing training.
http://ZN.UA
View Quote
Is it likely a good chunk of these prisoners will defect/go AWOL? I.E. once unsupervised, some will simply run off because they don't want to fight? Mainly the prisoners.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Needs more 1812 overture.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#25]
It's hot as balls today. I rode three street cars, one taxi, and walked a few kilometers. The post office threw a fit when I went to pick up my optic and tried to pay cash. I guess there's a restriction over a certain amount that they need to see a passport. Apparently a US passport is a problem. Luckily the seller is also in Dnipro, and met me with another optic while the first gets sent back to them.

I watched a bunch of videos on identifying fakes and it looks good to go. The price was $175 and apparently this person neck bearded a bunch of these and had a sale. Most are around $300, which is ridiculous.

Also picked up a couple mag pouches for the Brit. I need to find four more in multi-cam with the plastic retention sides for him. Got Irish his grip and a charging handle extension.

Attachment Attached File

Now I relax and drink a cold red bull and vodka. Probably going to take my girl to the water park on Friday. She wants to cool off as the heat is here in force. It'll be a nice way to spend the day before I go off to hunt orcs.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Easterner:
It's hot as balls today. I rode three street cars, one taxi, and walked a few kilometers. The post office threw a fit when I went to pick up my optic and tried to pay cash. I guess there's a restriction over a certain amount that they need to see a passport. Apparently a US passport is a problem. Luckily the seller is also in Dnipro, and met me with another optic while the first gets sent back to them.

I watched a bunch of videos on identifying fakes and it looks good to go. The price was $175 and apparently this person neck bearded a bunch of these and had a sale. Most are around $300, which is ridiculous.

Also picked up a couple mag pouches for the Brit. I need to find four more in multi-cam with the plastic retention sides for him. Got Irish his grip and a charging handle extension.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230705_171918_jpg-2874437.JPG

Now I relax and drink a cold red bull and vodka. Probably going to take my girl to the water park on Friday. She wants to cool off as the heat is here in force. It'll be a nice way to spend the day before I go off to hunt orcs.
View Quote

Glad you found a dot. They look like a comet to me. . It's blackberry picking time here, Two gallons already, maybe 3 more. We are hitting 90+ with humidity and it sucks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#28]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/IMG_20230705_171918_jpg-2874437.JPG

View Quote

I think the Romeo5 is a better choice over that Bushnell.  I have a Romeo5 on my AK and it seems to be working fine. $175 is about US prices too
Untitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:47:30 AM EDT
[#29]

"According to our estimates, the Russian military-industrial complex is capable of producing about 100 missiles per month, including more than 10 units for the Iskander anti-missile defense system, up to 30 units of sea-based Kalibr missiles, and up to 60 units of air-based cruise missiles, including hypersonic aeroballistic missiles." Dagger," said Brigadier General Oleksiy Gromov, Chief of the Main Operational Department of the General Staff of the Ukrainian Armed Forces

He added that the occupiers use a significant number of drones of various types. In particular, Russia received up to 1,800 "martyrs" from Iran, of which the enemy has already used about 1,600 . Read more:
View Quote

From the article:

Russia's military-industrial complex is capable of producing about 100 missiles per month. The aggressor country manages to maintain the pace of production , and for some types of weapons, even increase it - thanks to the transition of enterprises to 24-hour work mode and the purchase of parts to bypass sanctions.
View Quote

Deputy Chief of the Main Operational Department of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, Brigadier General Oleksiy Gromov, said this in an interview with Ukrinform . "According to our estimates, the Russian military-industrial complex is capable of producing about 100 missiles per month, including more than 10 units for the Iskander anti-missile defense system , up to 30 units of sea-based Kalibr and up to 60 units of air-based cruise missiles, including hypersonic aeroballistic missiles. " Dagger ," he said.
View Quote

He added that the occupiers use a significant number of drones of various types. In particular, Russia received up to 1,800 "martyrs" from Iran , of which the enemy has already used about 1,600.

"The stocks of these UAVs are constantly replenished due to supplies from Iran. In addition, the Russian Federation has reached agreements with this country on the construction of a factory for the production of Shahed-type drones on the territory of Tatarstan, in an area 10 km from Kazan," Gromov said.
View Quote

In addition, the occupiers are actively using self-developed attack drones of the "Lancet" type , which are mass-produced at the "Izhevsk Mechanical Plant" of the "Kalashnikov" concern. In total , up to 900 units were produced , of which 850 were used in the combat zone.

"However, it should be noted that due to Western economic sanctions and the lack of access to modern technologies, the enemy's technological capabilities for the production of modern drones remain limited," Gromov emphasized.
View Quote

At the same time, he noted that providing Ukraine with modern fighters of the 4++ generation, such as F/A-18, F-15, F-16, JAS-39 Gripen, Eurofighter Typhoon or Rafale, will allow to detect air targets at a long distance of at least 200 km, destroy them at a distance of more than 160 km without entering the zone of damage of enemy air defense, and also use modern aviation means of hitting land and sea targets at a distance of more than 200 km.
View Quote

- Russian opposition mass media previously stated that the Russian Federation launched large-scale production of kamikaze drones in Tatarstan . UAVs are produced in the special economic zone "Alabuga". In 2024, it is planned to move the production of parts there, and then to automate the production.

- On July 1, the speaker of the Air Force of the Ukrainian Armed Forces, Yuriy Ignat, noted that the aggressor, judging by everything, is stockpiling missiles, as it has not yet delivered major strikes. It is possible that the occupiers can use the reserve for "insidious intentions".
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Prime:

They absolutely did say this on Russian TG, if I get the chance I’ll track it down.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Prime:
Keep this post in mind next time the Russians claim “tHeY’rE gEnOcIdInG tHe PeOpLe Of DoNeTsK”. They stored a shitton of rockets right next to a hospital, knowing that if it was targeted they could claim Ukraine was targeting a hospital.

Thanks, GeoConfirmed found the article from Telegram.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#32]

🇷🇺 forces regularly mine locations with domestic animals, to attract people to mined areas, @UAnimalsENG
informs. For example, a kitten mewing from a locked shelf is likely to attract someone to that shelf to open it – and blow up the mine. This is a violation of the laws and customs of war, as well as the principles of humanity.
View Quote

And they wonder why people call them orcs
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#33]
I found this when going through my twitter feed:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I hope she recovers and gets to enjoy free Ukraïne one day.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By FriskyDillo:

I think the Romeo5 is a better choice over that Bushnell.  I have a Romeo5 on my AK and it seems to be working fine. $175 is about US prices too
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52936524250_cec8cbbfa1_b.jpgUntitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr
View All Quotes

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52936524250_cec8cbbfa1_b.jpgUntitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr

I have both the Romeo and the Bushnell. I prefer the Romeo for two reasons. The Romeo doesn't eat batteries as quickly as the Bushnell. The Romeo doesn't have as big a dot as the Bushnell. Aim small, miss small and all that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By planemaker:

I have both the Romeo and the Bushnell. I prefer the Romeo for two reasons. The Romeo doesn't eat batteries as quickly as the Bushnell. The Romeo doesn't have as big a dot as the Bushnell. Aim small, miss small and all that.
View All Quotes

This.  I'll add that I've had my Romeo5 since 2018 and I haven't replaced the original battery and I've never turned it off since it has an auto-shutoff and shake-awake.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:07:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Thanks, GeoConfirmed found the article from Telegram.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0RdAfyXwAIheJJ?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0RYgXFXsAA-ZXp?format=jpg&name=medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0Rfu3eWcAAIHc8?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote

NICE, slam dunk.

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

The price was what gave me pause. I'm on a budget and it seemed too good to be true. Irish liked the Bushnell and said some other guys liked theirs. We have plans to get some other things once that first check hits our accounts. I've been watching the prices on a lot of things slowly creep down. It's pretty shitty that most of the good military related equipment got neck bearded up by price scalpers. Yeah capitalism and all that, but there's a war going on.

Most of the shops will give us a military discount no questions asked. It's pretty obvious why a foreigner would be here buying such things. Unfortunately some shops want to see a contract. How is someone at the front supposed to present that when I'm buying on their behalf. Once I have my contract, I'll be at the front/safehouse myself. Greed finds a way.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By sq40:
I figured this was posted, but a drone view of that Donetsk ammo dump going up.  Fuxking spectacular.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/14r3tcu/drone_footage_of_yesterdays_massive_ammo_dump/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1
View Quote

Did I see phosphorus?
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:19:43 AM EDT
[#39]

View All Quotes

Yes the Bushnell was 3MOA, the Romeo is 2MOA. I went to the gun shop I bought Irish's red dot and the salesman couldn't be bothered to put a fresh battery in some of the other dots I wanted to look at. I came home, looked online, and found a much better deal.

The gun store has a wall of Magpul gear in stock, unlike most shops. $40-$50 for a fore-grip or pistol grip is too rich for me at the moment. Luckily the rail company KPYK sells M-Lok rails at a decent price. Most of their shipments to the US have been halted, and they have their products in Ukraine at a generous discount. I will remember that after this is all over.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:20:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#40]
I hope it's at the airfield with those attack helicopters. 1 min ago.
https://twitter.com/UkrainianCrew/status/1676611517012385798

Explosions reported in occupied Berdyansk.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Taken out by a single SMART or BONUS 155mm round.
View Quote

Bailed out of a blowtorch.  I think that guy is no longer with us.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Did I see phosphorus?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sq40:
I figured this was posted, but a drone view of that Donetsk ammo dump going up.  Fuxking spectacular.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/14r3tcu/drone_footage_of_yesterdays_massive_ammo_dump/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=ioscss&utm_content=1&utm_term=1

Did I see phosphorus?

Some of those rounds going off were the magnesium ones, similar idea. 9M22S rocket for BM-21 Grad.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:24:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Orion_Shall_Rise] [#43]

Did I see phosphorus?
View Quote

Definitely. Some of those wicked cool incendiary missiles in that pile.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#44]

Some of those rounds going off were the magnesium ones, similar idea. 9M22S rocket for BM-21 Grad.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Waiting for the go ahead to go for my medical and background checks. Looks like I may be out of town for almost a week and then to the front for the party.

Last chance shopping trip. Brit needs mag pouches and some little things for Irish.
View Quote

Good Luck and God Bless!
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:28:01 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By thehun06:

This is how you know it was all a smoke screen ...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thehun06:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F0PdY-cXsAEP7XC?format=png&name=900x900

This is how you know it was all a smoke screen ...

Or…Prigozhin works for the FSB/SVR, not Putin.
Link Posted: 7/5/2023 11:30:58 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4427 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top