Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4990 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Easterner:
...and on today's episode of forgotten weapons.

Apparently asking for a PKM got us two of these antiques. They came in a nice crate for both of them, complete with spare heavy barrels, bipods, tool kits, scopes, slings, and carry bags. I took some time to familiarize myself with them, and set them up on the tripods. The recruits are cleaning them tonight and will get to shoot them tomorrow.

Czech UK vz. 59
(Czechoslovakia Universal Machine Gun model 1959)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-40-917_com_g-2987046.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-19-380_com_g-2987048.JPG
View Quote

Whoa, cool.

I shot a PKM in Vegas a couple weeks ago. Just about the perfect rate of fire in my opinion and one hell of a round.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Apparently asking for a PKM got us two of these antiques. They came in a nice crate for both of them, complete with spare heavy barrels, bipods, tool kits, scopes, slings, and carry bags. I took some time to familiarize myself with them, and set them up on the tripods. The recruits are cleaning them tonight and will get to shoot them tomorrow.

Czech UK vz. 59
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-40-917_com_g-2987046.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-19-380_com_g-2987048.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:38:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Prime:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3792-2986948.jpg

Uralvagonzavod celebrated its 87th anniversary and handed over another batch of armored vehicles to the troops

The Russian Armed Forces received from tank builders new T-90M Proryv, as well as T-72B3M with additional protection.

“The UVZ team provides our Armed Forces with modern and reliable armored vehicles, demonstrating high-quality and rhythmic execution of state defense orders. In this case, we are talking about the most popular models - the T-90M “Proryv” and T-72B3M, which have proven themselves well in the air defense zone. I would also like to note the work of the company’s designers and engineers, who continue to improve armored vehicles taking into account the experience of their combat use. It is this work that helps our military personnel successfully fulfill all the tasks assigned to them,” noted Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation - Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Denis Manturov.

Special equipment was loaded for the first time onto a flat car model 13-192-01, developed by the Ural Carriage Design Bureau and manufactured at Uralvagonzavod. Despite the special tasks assigned to the staff of the Nizhny Tagil enterprise in the conditions of the Northern Military District, the production of freight cars continues. The flat car 13-192-01 is the main rolling stock product in UVZ’s order portfolio. It is universal, but was primarily developed for transporting heavy tracked and wheeled military equipment.

“Today, UVZ is once again entrusted with the mission of protecting and upholding the interests of the state. Car assemblers, metallurgists, toolmakers and other workshops and services work towards one common goal - providing our military with modern combat vehicles. The great history of Uralvagonzavod, responsibility for the future of the country and new generations of Russians motivate workers to the same labor feat that their grandfathers and great-grandfathers once accomplished. And this feat, I am sure, will be written in golden letters in the annals of Uralvagonzavod,” noted Alexander Potapov, General Director of Uralvagonzavod Concern JSC.

https://t.me/uvznews/2532
https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha/16791

View Quote

Interesting they do not mention numbers delivered. No photo of a long line of cars. Does 1 = a batch??

I think they are to produce about ten total per month. Yesterday alone wiped out three months of production. 😁

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

holy cow.   thanks for the update !!

thats a peach of a retro MG.   7.62x54 ??  

did it come with a bipod also ??  eta -- read your whole description
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MFP_4073:

Czech UK vz. 59

holy cow.   thanks for the update !!

thats a peach of a retro MG.   7.62x54 ??  

did it come with a bipod also ??  eta -- read your whole description

Yes it is 7.62x54r

Definitely looking forward to trying them out tomorrow.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:50:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Glad I'm not the only one noticing that listening to conservative commentators the last 48 hours.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:
Glenn Beck all about talking about the new Russia-Iran-China Axis looking to displace and diminish the West this morning after spending the last year and a half talking about how we should appease Russia.
Glad I'm not the only one noticing that listening to conservative commentators the last 48 hours.

On Friday Gary Bauer (sp) from Washington Watch was all "muh border defense and domestic crime could be FiXeD wItH mOnEy GoInG tO uKrAiNe."

On Monday Gary was all "we have to pull out all the stops to defeat murderous monsters- like Hamas.  That's the only one I can think of."

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Czech UK vz. 59
View Quote

Pretty!  The Czechs generally make good stuff.  You'll have to give us an AAR on how they work, and I am really curious about that "quadpod" thing.  Can you dismount it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 12:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#9]
What ruble doing?!

A strict monetary policy will have to be maintained in 2024; it is possible that the policy will become more stringent - Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank Zabotkin.

The Russian currency will weaken to 120 rubles per dollar, predicts Finam analyst Alexander Potavin. He believes that to solve the problem of hard currency shortages in Russia, it is necessary to either introduce foreign exchange controls or sharply reduce imports.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:00:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

Either someone is reading this thread, or they're finally coming to their senses.

Hope it's the latter.
View All Quotes

Either someone is reading this thread, or they're finally coming to their senses.

Hope it's the latter.

I believe there has been enough support for Ukraine funding from both parties combined. The Dems have
stayed silent to shine a light on the perceived division in the Rep party.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:03:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#11]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Pretty!  The Czechs generally make good stuff.  You'll have to give us an AAR on how they work, and I am really curious about that "quadpod" thing.  Can you dismount it?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

Czech UK vz. 59

Yes it dismounts from the tripod. It's a heavy bitch, so I'd rather shoot it as first pictured. Too bad we don't have a Hilux....
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:08:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:
View Quote

Neat unless you are under it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
What ruble doing?!

A strict monetary policy will have to be maintained in 2024; it is possible that the policy will become more stringent - Deputy Chairman of the Central Bank Zabotkin.

The Russian currency will weaken to 120 rubles per dollar, predicts Finam analyst Alexander Potavin. He believes that to solve the problem of hard currency shortages in Russia, it is necessary to either introduce foreign exchange controls or sharply reduce imports.

View Quote

Reminder: Russia is heading to election season. Their federal election is in March, and will really kick off in January. They've been shifting to a war footing economy, but shocks to the domestic market may make the foregone conclusion of Putin's reelection more spicy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:41:51 PM EDT
[#15]

- means of electronic warfare;
- TOW anti-tank guided missiles;
- AT-4 anti-tank missile complexes;
- small arms and more than 16 million cartridges for them;
- explosive ammunition for overcoming obstacles;
- spare parts, training ammunition, technical and other equipment.    
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 1:55:47 PM EDT
[#16]
HUGE HUGE HUGE NUMBERS!
Tanks and armored vehicles off the charts! The personnel is about double what it has been. Shit is getting pushed in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4231-2986803.jpg

View Quote
That's a busy day for sure
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By UKjohn:
HUGE HUGE HUGE NUMBERS!
Tanks and armored vehicles off the charts! The personnel is about double what it has been. Shit is getting pushed in.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4231-2986803.jpg

I think this may be a backlog.

Like 2 days ago they reported like 1 tank, 2 APCs and 1 Arty and it was really weird.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#19]
The bloodshot eye drunk Flork has been busy. Pin a medal on that boy’s chest!

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:25:11 PM EDT
[#20]
The bloodshot eye drunk Flork has been busy. Pin a medal on that boy's chest!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4241-2987267.jpg

View Quote
O please be true
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#21]

On Friday Gary Bauer (sp) from Washington Watch was all "muh border defense and domestic crime could be FiXeD wItH mOnEy GoInG tO uKrAiNe."

On Monday Gary was all "we have to pull out all the stops to defeat murderous monsters- like Hamas.  That's the only one I can think of."

View Quote
Yup. My wife (Ukrainian) has a friend in Israel so she has been following on insta and telegram and the comments about the atrocities Hamas committed, she said something like "that has been everyday for 20 months for Ukrainians".

That's not to diminish at all  what happened to the Israelis, but to point that most people truly don't know the horrors the Ukrainians have had under Russian occupation. A lot of reaction is surprise that that level of evil exist that Hamas perpetrated, but to Ukrainians it's not cause they have and are living it.  Hopefully people (normies, commentators, and politicians) will now recognize the evil that is the Russia/China/Iran "alliance" and we can stop trying to sugar coat it, excuse it, and appease it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#22]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4239-2987186.jpg

View Quote
That's actually a cool looking ship

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:33:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Yup. My wife (Ukrainian) has a friend in Israel so she has been following on insta and telegram and the comments about the atrocities Hamas committed, she said something like "that has been everyday for 20 months for Ukrainians".

That's not to diminish at all  what happened to the Israelis, but to point that most people truly don't know the horrors the Ukrainians have had under Russian occupation. A lot of reaction is surprise that that level of evil exist that Hamas perpetrated, but to Ukrainians it's not cause they have and are living it.  Hopefully people (normies, commentators, and politicians) will now recognize the evil that is the Russia/China/Iran "alliance" and we can stop trying to sugar coat it, excuse it, and appease it.
View All Quotes

This needs to be engraved on the entrance to NATO.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#25]
View Quote

Ah, the old “surface laid mine” trick!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:35:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Czech UK vz. 59
View Quote

Make sure to get video!  Totally serious, take nice video of disassembly, function, and firing.  That traverse track is crazy!
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:48:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#27]
View Quote

https://youtu.be/uvUL28Skt6E?si=zhe76Yey0Z8qlAQd

It’s probably command-detonated as opposed to a fancy fuse.  We have seen them before, not often though.  Spotted a few in action against Russian boats on the Dnepro, possibly here and there otherwise.

The easiest thing would be the operator pushing a button, but you could get a little fancier and have the detonation commanded by the spotter operator who is watching at 90 degrees from the kamikaze flight path.  Then the kamikaze pilot’s job is to overfly the target and the spotters job is to detonate the munition when it is directly overhead, something that may be difficult for an FPV operator to determine.
Looked effective, probably filled several Russians full of holes.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 2:54:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Banditman:

I believe there has been enough support for Ukraine funding from both parties combined. The Dems have
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Banditman:

Hope it's the latter.

They’re stepping back to let the Republican party implode over morons like MTG.  They stay clean and look reasonable, and then come back in to clean up the mess before the election.  From here on Trump can only do damage to the conservative movement and the nation.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Wow! Mostly a tank unit instead of mostly BMPs.  Maybe that was the spearhead of an attack and it got caught in the open by mines/Brimstone/SMART/BONUS? Hopefully the UA is following up with drones to burn down the recoverable stuff,
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
The bloodshot eye drunk Flork has been busy. Pin a medal on that boy’s chest!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4241-2987267.jpg

View Quote

How do you get out of position today?  I suppose if the Russians are jamming the shit out of GPS, maybe they’re forced to navigate their defensive minefields the old fashioned way.  Too bad there will be no footage then.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Iran needs to be hit hard in its leadership, revolutionary guard, and wherever they make drones, missiles and shells.  Then a bunch of weapons need to make their way into the hands of normal Iranians so they can finish the house cleaning.  This benefits Ukraine and Israel, and the world in general.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:09:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#33]
Originally Posted By Capta:

Make sure to get video!  Totally serious, take nice video of disassembly, function, and firing.  That traverse track is crazy!
View All Quotes

Czech UK vz. 59

I have some cool videos of other things like our tank mount and dismount, and just hauling ass on a tank.

Word is we way be riding in BTRs this weekend with this group.

I'll try to get some video tomorrow too. It really is a pretty simple setup and I had to familiarize myself with it to show these guys how to disassemble/assemble for cleaning. I use Signal messaging app for the cool videos.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:13:41 PM EDT
[#34]

It’s probably command-detonated as opposed to a fancy fuse.  We have seen them before, not often though.  Spotted a few in action against Russian boats on the Dnepro, possibly here and there otherwise.

The easiest thing would be the operator pushing a button, but you could get a little fancier and have the detonation commanded by the spotter operator who is watching at 90 degrees from the kamikaze flight path.  Then the kamikaze pilot’s job is to overfly the target and the spotters job is to detonate the munition when it is directly overhead, something that may be difficult for an FPV operator to determine.
View All Quotes

Are these air burst drones using claymore mines or some improvised contraption? Looked very effective. That one Russian got away because he scattered pronto. Clumping together just doesn’t work for hardly any scenario. They didn’t look like highly trained troops.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Really gutsy move by all the Baltics. If they thought like most Europeans they would hold onto to everything since they are on the border with Russia. But they clearly understand if Ukraine loses they will be gone overnight. Best use for their defense is to give much to Ukraine. Those NASAMS must be like Crown Jewels in their armory.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:25:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Hell yeah. 9mm to the face!
I want a drone mod for my P365s!!

Sig Sauer Shows Off P365 Pistol-Armed Aerial Drone | The Drive
EXCERPT:
Gunmaker Sig Sauer is experimenting with pistol-armed quadcopters that a single person can carry and employ because, as one spokesman has put it, "why wouldn't we?" While small arms-toting aerial drones are still somewhat oddities, ground systems featuring them that small units, or even a single person, can carry and operate have seen growing interest among military and other security forces.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:30:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#37]

I hope this outrage of HAMAS is enough to convince Netanyahu and Trump and any other “special friends” of Putin that they are very wrong and any dealings with Putin will be used to his advantage and you will be betrayed in a heartbeat. Putin must be denounced in no uncertain terms and all efforts made to disassemble his empire.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:45:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AlmightyTallest] [#38]
1 hr ago.
Russians have a bad day

Big loss
View Quote

Might be related:

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:53:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#40]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4243-2987343.jpg

EXCERPT:
Gunmaker Sig Sauer is experimenting with pistol-armed quadcopters that a single person can carry and employ because, as one spokesman has put it, "why wouldn't we?" While small arms-toting aerial drones are still somewhat oddities, ground systems featuring them that small units, or even a single person, can carry and operate have seen growing interest among military and other security forces.

View Quote

Hard to see how a pistol-armed drone would be that useful.  Effective range of 9mm is low, ammo capacity is low.  If you’re in range to use it you’re well inside the range infantry will hear the drone and shoot it down.
A stripped-down AR with a 40-rounder would work a lot better, but would take a bigger drone and be more visible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:54:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#41]
According to Stoltenberg, the Armed Forces exceeded all expectations and returned 50% of the territory that was captured by the russian federation since February 2022. He added that russia has become much weaker militarily, economically and politically isolated, but there are no signs that the russian president has given up his ambitions.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:58:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MwoodsKC] [#42]
I found myself wondering if Putin *might* allow himself to lose the upcoming election in order to get himself out of the mess he created?

I don't know how realistic of a scenario that would be, but it entered my mind.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Somebody give me some suggestions of youtube videos or something to listen to while I work to hear what is currently going on.  I listen to combat veteran reacts, willie oam, inside russia, and joe blogs. What else? It needs to be something I can listen to, not watch.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:36:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#44]
I'm a couple hours behind on the news but just heard from Andrew Wilkow's fill in host that Steve Scalise has been nominated for the new Speaker, which bodes well for continued Ukraine support!

ETA: 113-99
ETA 2: Still has to go to full House vote.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By MwoodsKC:
I found myself wondering if Putin *might* allow himself to lose the upcoming election in order to get himself out of the mess he created?

I don't know how realistic of a scenario that would be, but it entered my mind.
View Quote

Welcome newbie.

Putin has spent many years building up his own power and tearing down any bases anyone else could use to build some political power. Further, he has established himself as the embodiment of the State. If you watch Russian commentators, they talk about him that way, as the supreme leader. He really has resurrected the power of the Tsar, even greater than it was in the early 1900s. He has styled himself after Peter the Great and other Russian conquerors, and taken up the task of restoring the Russian empire on his watch.

It would be up ho someone else to define the situation as a failure and build the support needed to oust Putin. I don't think he's ready to concede yet at all.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#46]

EXCERPT:

View Quote

Do they have a model that drops a P320 on the ground?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Currently live

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#48]

I hope this outrage of HAMAS is enough to convince Netanyahu and Trump and any other “special friends” of Putin that they are very wrong and any dealings with Putin will be used to his advantage and you will be betrayed in a heartbeat. Putin must be denounced in no uncertain terms and all efforts made to disassemble his empire.

View Quote

I think Bibi is pretty much through with Putin at this point.  I wouldn't be stunned to see a lot more Israeli-sourced stuff showing up in Ukraine after this, as it is a way for Israel to send a serious message to Russia quick/fast/and in a hurry.  It also may help him to deflect some blame (if that is even possible given the metrics of Israeli politics) if he can convincingly show that Russia directly or indirectly supported Hamas.  I doubt the old babushkas who have been lapping up Russian-language Kremlin propaganda are going to be amused at the Russian response to date, which gives Bibi a major opening given how much revenge is a motivator in the Russian psyche.  This seems to be another case where the Ruskies rolled the iron dice without thinking the 2nd- and 3rd-order effects through.  The sheer heavy-handedness and incompetence of the Russians appears to equal if not exceed the actions of Wilhelmite Germany before and during WWI.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By voyager3:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By voyager3:

EXCERPT:

It seems a few police departments bought all of those. They are the only ones professional enough to fly a P320 dr-BANG BANG BANG ‼️

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockNwood] [#50]
https://twitter.com/mhmck/status/1712199971628577029

The failed assault by the Russian invaders on Avdiyivka revealed a suicidal level of military incompetence.

"Meat wave" infantry attacks were carried out with no artillery support. Lone armoured columns were sent into minefields to be destroyed.

Losses were catastrophic.

"The carnage continued as they continued pushing in the same direction, and by the time they actually crossed over ‘starting positions’ – only to run into minefields and receive yet more of artillery fire – most of [the] mechanised force was decimated"

"Videos of their attempted advances were…. ‘grim’"

Cooper's report is consistent with Ukraine's figures for Russian war losses yesterday, which spiked massively:

🧨820 killed (300-600 daily has been more typical in the past few weeks)
🧨34 tanks (vs 10-20 daily more typical)
🧨91 (!) armoured vehicles (10-20 more typical)

VIDEO
Russians are conducting heavy shelling of AFU positions around the city, trying to storm from many directions – 10-12 directions at the same time, including the air support.

Earlier, the speaker of the General Staff said that Russians were trying to encircle Avdiivka and draw Ukrainian reserves to this direction in order to weaken the Ukrainian counteroffensive in the south.

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4990 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top