Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4991 of 5592)
Page / 5592
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 6:53:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Closer to 5k
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaehaerys] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RockNwood:
https://twitter.com/mhmck/status/1712199971628577029

The failed assault by the Russian invaders on Avdiyivka revealed a suicidal level of military incompetence.

"Meat wave" infantry attacks were carried out with no artillery support. Lone armoured columns were sent into minefields to be destroyed.

Losses were catastrophic.

View Quote

This really stresses how exhausted Russia's offensive capabilities actually are, which is something credible commentators (Kofman et al) have noted for a while. The Russians have a very finite number of units that are capable of successful offensive operations, which are mostly limited to Marines, L/DPR guys who have experience pre-2022, Wagner, VDV, and Spetsnaz.

Spetsnaz were used in a frankly retarded manner in the early stages of the war, suffering truly horrible losses that can't be easily replaced. They now have to be used much more conservatively and cautiously, comparatively speaking. L/DPR veterans who have experience pre-2022 are mostly gone at this point, especially infantrymen (I've read the L/DPR artillerymen and mortarmen have taken less casualties than infantrymen). They got used extremely callously early in the war, in a manner very similar to how Wagner used convicts in Bakhmut. Wagner is no longer fighting in Ukraine for obvious reasons. Russian Marines have gotten mauled to the point that they're not really quality units anymore, which should be thoroughly demonstrated by Vuhledar. Currently, the VDV is being rushed around to reinforce tough sectors, to the point that they're pretty much breaking their backs in efforts to keep Russia in this war.  

What we've seen at Avdiivka and elsewhere is what happens when one sends subpar troops with subpar equipment to attack an entrenched, motivated defender. This is why credible people have been saying for quite some time that the Russian Army's offensive capacity is absolutely shot, at least until they implement another round of large scale mobilization.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Yes it dismounts from the tripod. It's a heavy bitch, so I'd rather shoot it as first pictured. Too bad we don't have a Hilux....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:
...and on today's episode of forgotten weapons.

Apparently asking for a PKM got us two of these antiques. They came in a nice crate for both of them, complete with spare heavy barrels, bipods, tool kits, scopes, slings, and carry bags. I took some time to familiarize myself with them, and set them up on the tripods. The recruits are cleaning them tonight and will get to shoot them tomorrow.

Czech UK vz. 59
(Czechoslovakia Universal Machine Gun model 1959)
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-40-917_com_g-2987046.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-19-380_com_g-2987048.JPG

Pretty!  The Czechs generally make good stuff.  You'll have to give us an AAR on how they work, and I am really curious about that "quadpod" thing.  Can you dismount it?

Yes it dismounts from the tripod. It's a heavy bitch, so I'd rather shoot it as first pictured. Too bad we don't have a Hilux....

Gotcha!  I thought it might be something like a French AA-52 or such that doesn't lend itself to dismounted firing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:21:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MwoodsKC:
I found myself wondering if Putin *might* allow himself to lose the upcoming election in order to get himself out of the mess he created?

I don't know how realistic of a scenario that would be, but it entered my mind.
View Quote

NO. Power mad tyrants don’t give up  power voluntarily. Look at Ruth badger Ginsburg, Nancy Pelosi, John McCain, Robert Byrd. They die in office. The trappings of power have more draw than retirement to some island paradise with their stolen millions.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Prime:
Interesting thread on the IDF

View All Quotes
Interesting thread on the IDF

Compare the above to Russia's "vocabulary" so far: "we kill and rape Ukrainians, and abduct their children, because Ukraine isn't a real country and they're actually all Russians."  
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By MwoodsKC:
I found myself wondering if Putin *might* allow himself to lose the upcoming election in order to get himself out of the mess he created?

I don't know how realistic of a scenario that would be, but it entered my mind.
View Quote

I think it’s more accurate to say that this could be a mechanism to get *Russia* out of this mess.  But Putin holds such power that even if the electorate GENUINELY voted him out (highly unlikely) he’d win anyway.  And if Putin loses power because of a fair election, you can guarantee the next Russian government will hand him over to the EU for trial as a war criminal.  Putin isn’t going to allow that.
The most realistic positive outcome for Russia is to depose Putin, withdraw from Ukraine while mumbling an apology, and shoot Putin and blame literally everything on him.  Then clam up and sell gas.
This ends with Putin dead one way or another and Putin isn’t going to allow that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#7]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/203719/IMG_3792-2986948.jpg

Uralvagonzavod celebrated its 87th anniversary and handed over another batch of armored vehicles to the troops

The Russian Armed Forces received from tank builders new T-90M Proryv, as well as T-72B3M with additional protection.

“The UVZ team provides our Armed Forces with modern and reliable armored vehicles, demonstrating high-quality and rhythmic execution of state defense orders. In this case, we are talking about the most popular models - the T-90M “Proryv” and T-72B3M, which have proven themselves well in the air defense zone. I would also like to note the work of the company’s designers and engineers, who continue to improve armored vehicles taking into account the experience of their combat use. It is this work that helps our military personnel successfully fulfill all the tasks assigned to them,” noted Deputy Chairman of the Government of the Russian Federation - Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Denis Manturov.

Special equipment was loaded for the first time onto a flat car model 13-192-01, developed by the Ural Carriage Design Bureau and manufactured at Uralvagonzavod. Despite the special tasks assigned to the staff of the Nizhny Tagil enterprise in the conditions of the Northern Military District, the production of freight cars continues. The flat car 13-192-01 is the main rolling stock product in UVZ’s order portfolio. It is universal, but was primarily developed for transporting heavy tracked and wheeled military equipment.

“Today, UVZ is once again entrusted with the mission of protecting and upholding the interests of the state. Car assemblers, metallurgists, toolmakers and other workshops and services work towards one common goal - providing our military with modern combat vehicles. The great history of Uralvagonzavod, responsibility for the future of the country and new generations of Russians motivate workers to the same labor feat that their grandfathers and great-grandfathers once accomplished. And this feat, I am sure, will be written in golden letters in the annals of Uralvagonzavod,” noted Alexander Potapov, General Director of Uralvagonzavod Concern JSC.

https://t.me/uvznews/2532
https://t.me/Ugolok_Sitha/16791

View Quote

Such a pretty tank. Shame it'll get destroyed
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:04:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
Somebody give me some suggestions of youtube videos or something to listen to while I work to hear what is currently going on.  I listen to combat veteran reacts, willie oam, inside russia, and joe blogs. What else? It needs to be something I can listen to, not watch.
View Quote

“Ukraine the Latest”. Posted to youtube daily.  Stellar content.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#10]

I think Bibi is pretty much through with Putin at this point.  I wouldn't be stunned to see a lot more Israeli-sourced stuff showing up in Ukraine after this, as it is a way for Israel to send a serious message to Russia quick/fast/and in a hurry.  It also may help him to deflect some blame (if that is even possible given the metrics of Israeli politics) if he can convincingly show that Russia directly or indirectly supported Hamas.  I doubt the old babushkas who have been lapping up Russian-language Kremlin propaganda are going to be amused at the Russian response to date, which gives Bibi a major opening given how much revenge is a motivator in the Russian psyche.  This seems to be another case where the Ruskies rolled the iron dice without thinking the 2nd- and 3rd-order effects through.  The sheer heavy-handedness and incompetence of the Russians appears to equal if not exceed the actions of Wilhelmite Germany before and during WWI.
View All Quotes

I hope this outrage of HAMAS is enough to convince Netanyahu and Trump and any other “special friends” of Putin that they are very wrong and any dealings with Putin will be used to his advantage and you will be betrayed in a heartbeat. Putin must be denounced in no uncertain terms and all efforts made to disassemble his empire.

I think Bibi is pretty much through with Putin at this point.  I wouldn't be stunned to see a lot more Israeli-sourced stuff showing up in Ukraine after this, as it is a way for Israel to send a serious message to Russia quick/fast/and in a hurry.  It also may help him to deflect some blame (if that is even possible given the metrics of Israeli politics) if he can convincingly show that Russia directly or indirectly supported Hamas.  I doubt the old babushkas who have been lapping up Russian-language Kremlin propaganda are going to be amused at the Russian response to date, which gives Bibi a major opening given how much revenge is a motivator in the Russian psyche.  This seems to be another case where the Ruskies rolled the iron dice without thinking the 2nd- and 3rd-order effects through.  The sheer heavy-handedness and incompetence of the Russians appears to equal if not exceed the actions of Wilhelmite Germany before and during WWI.

That’s a pretty darn good analogy.  Some, even a lot of what they’re doing makes sense if you only consider their immediate short term interest.
The coup in Niger is a good example.  Step 1: Seize power in Niger where France gets much of their nuclear material for their economy, and which allows them to export excess power.  Step 2: Blackmail Europe.  Step 3:  PROFIT!
This is consistent with their short-term thinking, but so profoundly stupid that it defies explanation.  They’re not using coercion to steer behavior in the direction they want, there’re forcing a response that they aren’t going to like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]

The failed assault by the Russian invaders on Avdiyivka revealed a suicidal level of military incompetence.

"Meat wave" infantry attacks were carried out with no artillery support. Lone armoured columns were sent into minefields to be destroyed.

"The carnage continued as they continued pushing in the same direction, and by the time they actually crossed over ‘starting positions’ – only to run into minefields and receive yet more of artillery fire – most of [the] mechanised force was decimated"

"Videos of their attempted advances were…. ‘grim’"

Cooper's report is consistent with Ukraine's figures for Russian war losses yesterday, which spiked massively:

🧨820 killed (300-600 daily has been more typical in the past few weeks)
🧨34 tanks (vs 10-20 daily more typical)
🧨91 (!) armoured vehicles (10-20 more typical)

VIDEO
Russians are conducting heavy shelling of AFU positions around the city, trying to storm from many directions – 10-12 directions at the same time, including the air support.

Earlier, the speaker of the General Staff said that Russians were trying to encircle Avdiivka and draw Ukrainian reserves to this direction in order to weaken the Ukrainian counteroffensive in the south.
View Quote

As I had said, Avdiiva/Donetsk has been on the front line since 2014 and is one of the hardest fronts anywhere, probably harder than the Korean DMZ. I don't rate either side's chances to cross that line successfully. At least Ukraine isn't stupid enough to try. Avdiivka has been a salient sticking out toward Donetsk city. Russia would LOVE to close the salient and finally take Avdiivka. They also want to pressure Ukraine to withdraw troops & reinforcements from other fronts to take the pressure off of the offensive actions at Robotyne axis.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

As I had said, Avdiiva/Donetsk has been on the front line since 2014 and is one of the hardest fronts anywhere, probably harder than the Korean DMZ. I don't rate either side's chances to cross that line successfully. At least Ukraine isn't stupid enough to try. Avdiivka has been a salient sticking out toward Donetsk city. Russia would LOVE to close the salient and finally take Avdiivka. They also want to pressure Ukraine to withdraw troops & reinforcements from other fronts to take the pressure off of the offensive actions at Robotyne axis.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

"The carnage continued as they continued pushing in the same direction, and by the time they actually crossed over ‘starting positions’ – only to run into minefields and receive yet more of artillery fire – most of [the] mechanised force was decimated"

"Videos of their attempted advances were…. ‘grim’"

Cooper's report is consistent with Ukraine's figures for Russian war losses yesterday, which spiked massively:

🧨820 killed (300-600 daily has been more typical in the past few weeks)
🧨34 tanks (vs 10-20 daily more typical)
🧨91 (!) armoured vehicles (10-20 more typical)

VIDEO
Russians are conducting heavy shelling of AFU positions around the city, trying to storm from many directions – 10-12 directions at the same time, including the air support.

Earlier, the speaker of the General Staff said that Russians were trying to encircle Avdiivka and draw Ukrainian reserves to this direction in order to weaken the Ukrainian counteroffensive in the south.

I don't know about being harder than the Korean DMZ, but it's definitely a hard nut to crack, to be sure. It looks like the Russians tried to pull off a dual thrust on either side of the salient simultaneously. In other words, two combined arms breaches at the same time. Against defenses as sturdy as those around Avdiivka (which was on the pre-war JFO line for years), that's going to be a hard task for any military, let alone the Russian military in the latter half of 2023.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:07:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

This really stresses how exhausted Russia's offensive capabilities actually are, which is something credible commentators (Kofman et al) have noted for a while. The Russians have a very finite number of units that are capable of successful offensive operations, which are mostly limited to Marines, L/DPR guys who have experience pre-2022, Wagner, VDV, and Spetsnaz.

Spetsnaz were used in a frankly retarded manner in the early stages of the war, suffering truly horrible losses that can't be easily replaced. They now have to be used much more conservatively and cautiously, comparatively speaking. L/DPR veterans who have experience pre-2022 are mostly gone at this point, especially infantrymen (I've read the L/DPR artillerymen and mortarmen have taken less casualties than infantrymen). They got used extremely callously early in the war, in a manner very similar to how Wagner used convicts in Bakhmut. Wagner is no longer fighting in Ukraine for obvious reasons. Russian Marines have gotten mauled to the point that they're not really quality units anymore, which should be thoroughly demonstrated by Vuhledar. Currently, the VDV is being rushed around to reinforce tough sectors, to the point that they're pretty much breaking their backs in efforts to keep Russia in this war.  

What we've seen at Avdiivka and elsewhere is what happens when one sends subpar troops with subpar equipment to attack an entrenched, motivated defender. This is why credible people have been saying for quite some time that the Russian Army's offensive capacity is absolutely shot, at least until they implement another round of large scale mobilization.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jaehaerys:

All that, and importantly their rate of artillery fire has just fallen below UA overall (7k vs 8k per day) while their domestic replenishment is only 4.1k/day. What artillery they do have is often shorter range and worn barrels.

Without overwhelming artillery fires they won’t be making any headway on assaults.

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:09:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Apparently asking for a PKM got us two of these antiques. They came in a nice crate for both of them, complete with spare heavy barrels, bipods, tool kits, scopes, slings, and carry bags. I took some time to familiarize myself with them, and set them up on the tripods. The recruits are cleaning them tonight and will get to shoot them tomorrow.

Czech UK vz. 59
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-40-917_com_g-2987046.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/526834/Screenshot_2023-10-11-16-04-19-380_com_g-2987048.JPG
View Quote

Well they look PKM...ish.

I'd rather have one MG than zero MGs.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#15]
cant wait til this bitch gets clapped
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Yup. My wife (Ukrainian) has a friend in Israel so she has been following on insta and telegram and the comments about the atrocities Hamas committed, she said something like "that has been everyday for 20 months for Ukrainians".

That's not to diminish at all  what happened to the Israelis, but to point that most people truly don't know the horrors the Ukrainians have had under Russian occupation. A lot of reaction is surprise that that level of evil exist that Hamas perpetrated, but to Ukrainians it's not cause they have and are living it.  Hopefully people (normies, commentators, and politicians) will now recognize the evil that is the Russia/China/Iran "alliance" and we can stop trying to sugar coat it, excuse it, and appease it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trapsh00ter99:
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:

On Friday Gary Bauer (sp) from Washington Watch was all "muh border defense and domestic crime could be FiXeD wItH mOnEy GoInG tO uKrAiNe."

On Monday Gary was all "we have to pull out all the stops to defeat murderous monsters- like Hamas.  That's the only one I can think of."

Yup. My wife (Ukrainian) has a friend in Israel so she has been following on insta and telegram and the comments about the atrocities Hamas committed, she said something like "that has been everyday for 20 months for Ukrainians".

That's not to diminish at all  what happened to the Israelis, but to point that most people truly don't know the horrors the Ukrainians have had under Russian occupation. A lot of reaction is surprise that that level of evil exist that Hamas perpetrated, but to Ukrainians it's not cause they have and are living it.  Hopefully people (normies, commentators, and politicians) will now recognize the evil that is the Russia/China/Iran "alliance" and we can stop trying to sugar coat it, excuse it, and appease it.

Yup, I am agreed on all counts.  It's disgraceful how indifferent or ignorant so many are.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#18]
"❗Our principled position is that Russia does not consider itself an affected party in the dialogue on the human rights situation in 🇺🇦Ukraine
❌ We fundamentally disagree with the methodology, content and conclusions of the latest OHCHR report
"

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:34:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#19]

View Quote

UA Control map was so excited they forgot to finish the above thread

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:43:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Hung, after a proper trial.  Along with the rest of her chums.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By HIPPO:
View Quote

Problem with that quote: nobody in Kherson, Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporozhia consider Russia their homeland. So GTFO, Vlad!!! FVP.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#22]
I hope this implies the US will also be providing 50-100 F16s and potentially other aircraft? Trainers, Tankers, ISR?

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 9:56:24 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

Russia was only good for allowing Israel a free hand in Syria and helping control ISIS. Now I think everyone can look at the bigger picture and see Russia as the biggest threat. Even before they gave Iran God knows what nuke and missile tech in exchange for the Shaheeds.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:16:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#24]

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:28:19 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

Czech UK vz. 59

I have a PKM (Yugo M84) and it’s a dream to shoot vs the UK59 in full auto. UK59 recoil impulse is much harsher than a PKM.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:33:07 PM EDT
[#26]
The bloodshot eye drunk Flork has been busy. Pin a medal on that boy’s chest!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4241-2987267.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 10:52:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:07:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#28]
Israel

⭕️Urgent⭕️ Palestinian sources: Israeli enemy forces storm Aqabat Jabr camp in the city of Jericho
https://t.me/hamas/9916

Urgent | Local Palestinian sources: Clashes between Israeli occupation forces and resistance fighters in the eastern neighborhood of Jenin in the West Bank.
https://t.me/hamas/9922

#urgent The enemy media admits that 1,300 Zionists were killed and 3,192 Zionists were wounded; A large number of them are soldiers and officers of the enemy army and the Zionist security services; This was during the storming and clearing of many enemy settlements and positions within the #Al-Aqsa_Flood_Battle.
https://t.me/AymanGouda/5725

#Embryo Mujahideen of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades open fire towards the forces of the Zionist enemy army in the town of Jaba in the city of Jenin. #Al-Aqsa_Flood Battle
https://t.me/AymanGouda/5728

Jenin is a battlefield, God is Great God is great God is great
https://t.me/jeninqassam/63772

Urgent: Occupation aircraft bomb a house near Yarmouk Stadium in the central sector #Gaza Strip #Al-Aqsa Flood

The IDF is now launching an extensive attack on many centers of the terrorist organization Hamas in the Gaza Strip, more details below

31 names of additional IDF martyrs who fell in the war were allowed to be published

Attached is a statement from the IDF spokesperson regarding the names of 31 additional IDF martyrs whose families were notified: https://IDFANC.activetrail.biz/ANC12102023.02102023.0214

In addition, a link is attached to the IDF website, where the details and pictures of the spaces are published and updated:

Well he’s certainly consistent.
Mostly just included for the description

Lead singer of Pink Floyd, anti-Semite, lover of Russia and just an idiot Roger Waters unfurled a Palestinian flag at his concert as a sign of support

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#29]
With Scalise being the new house speaker when will aid to ukraine get approved?
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:48:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rgkeller] [#30]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
View Quote
Scalise is not yet Speaker and may never be
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#31]
28/33

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:24:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#32]
The United States today announced a new $200 million military aid package to Ukraine, which includes:

- countermeasures equipment
drones (c-UAS);
- ammunition for "Himars";
- artillery shells of 155 mm and 105 mm caliber;
- high-precision aviation ammunition;
- electronic warfare equipment;
- anti-tank guided
TOW missiles;
- AT-4 anti-tank grenade launchers;
- small arms and more than 16
millions of cartridges for it;
- engineering ammunition for
overcoming obstacles;
- spare parts, training equipment,
technical and other equipment;
- and the most interesting thing is that the list also includes the AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

Informant

https://t.me/infomil_live/746

🇪🇺The EU plans to allocate EUR4.5 billion to Ukraine by the end of 2023, - European Commissioner Gentiloni

"In general, the progress is very good, and I am optimistic about the prospects that Ukraine will fulfill all the conditions until the end of 2024 and beyond," he said on Wednesday at the 4th meeting of the round table of ministers on support for Ukraine within the framework of the meetings of the IMF and the World bank (SB) in Marrakesh.

According to him, the EU and other international partners should be proud of the fact that they contributed to covering the financing deficit for Ukraine both last year and this year, and thanks to this solidarity, Ukraine's economy is in better shape today than many expected.

https://t.me/operativnoZSU/118612

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:30:39 AM EDT
[#33]
The United States today announced a new $200 million military aid package to Ukraine, which includes:

drones (c-UAS);
- anti-tank guided
TOW missiles;
overcoming obstacles;
- and the most interesting thing is that the list also includes the AIM-9 Sidewinder air-to-air missiles.

Informant

🇪🇺The EU plans to allocate EUR4.5 billion to Ukraine by the end of 2023, - European Commissioner Gentiloni

"In general, the progress is very good, and I am optimistic about the prospects that Ukraine will fulfill all the conditions until the end of 2024 and beyond," he said on Wednesday at the 4th meeting of the round table of ministers on support for Ukraine within the framework of the meetings of the IMF and the World bank (SB) in Marrakesh.

According to him, the EU and other international partners should be proud of the fact that they contributed to covering the financing deficit for Ukraine both last year and this year, and thanks to this solidarity, Ukraine's economy is in better shape today than many expected.

View Quote

Are the Finns gonna teach Ukrainians how to ski, shoot, and stack?
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:46:33 AM EDT
[#34]
My apologies if dupe.

Israeli joke.
What do Israeli mobilization and Russian mobilization have in common?
Both of them cause a lot of young men get on a plane and fly to Israel.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:47:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:
View Quote

Still has to get vote from both parties so not quickly if he does
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 12:52:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
My apologies if dupe.

Israeli joke.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#37]
Wagner seems like decent assault troops for attacking civilians in towns and villages mostly unarmed. I imagine the HAMAS terrorist felt they were quite the alpha team doing that. But as in Ukraine, when they faced determined fighters the best tactic they have is to die in meat assaults or retreat. Once Prighosin ran out of convict meat sacks he didn’t want to play much longer.

And now Israel has devastating air dominance. Did Wagner cover that? Did they demonstrate how to cower and die from Apaches as they did in Syria?

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:31:14 AM EDT
[#38]
ALL BIG NUMBERS AGAIN!!  BIG!

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:51:51 AM EDT
[#39]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/494438/IMG_4251-2988024.jpg

View Quote

Its just surreal at this point.    They're just throwing lives away for nothing.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 1:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Its just surreal at this point.    They're just throwing lives away for nothing.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1Andy2:

Advancing across fields without their own artillery prep or cover, sometimes in column.

Russian command is out of ideas and out of artillery. They must be in a total panic about the breach in the south to execute such an insane diversionary assault in the East.

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:03:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#41]

View Quote

I wonder if we’re watching the new 25th Combined Arms Army being wrecked?
People might remember that during Kharkiv there was a lot of chatter about the new 3rd Army Corps.  As it turned out there were probably committed to stop the offensive right off the train and were wiped out and/or evaporated
Now maybe Russia is throwing another new major formation, that isn’t ready to fight, into the woodchipper.
The combined number since the 8th are like 300% worse than Vuhledar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alex9661:
My apologies if dupe.

Israeli joke.

As horrible as both situations are, it’s been heartening in a lot of ways.  Men are still willing to stand up and be counted no matter the cost.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:10:13 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sierra-def:

drones (c-UAS);
- anti-tank guided
TOW missiles;
overcoming obstacles;

Informant

I think the Ukrainians could probably teach them how to stack!
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:13:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Israel

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8Mlm7BW8AATsQV?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8MGkNzWwAEt75N?format=jpg&name=large

⭕️Urgent⭕️ Palestinian sources: Israeli enemy forces storm Aqabat Jabr camp in the city of Jericho
https://t.me/hamas/9916

Urgent | Local Palestinian sources: Clashes between Israeli occupation forces and resistance fighters in the eastern neighborhood of Jenin in the West Bank.
https://t.me/hamas/9922

#urgent The enemy media admits that 1,300 Zionists were killed and 3,192 Zionists were wounded; A large number of them are soldiers and officers of the enemy army and the Zionist security services; This was during the storming and clearing of many enemy settlements and positions within the #Al-Aqsa_Flood_Battle.
https://t.me/AymanGouda/5725

#Embryo Mujahideen of the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades open fire towards the forces of the Zionist enemy army in the town of Jaba in the city of Jenin. #Al-Aqsa_Flood Battle
https://t.me/AymanGouda/5728

Jenin is a battlefield, God is Great God is great God is great
https://t.me/jeninqassam/63772

Urgent: Occupation aircraft bomb a house near Yarmouk Stadium in the central sector #Gaza Strip #Al-Aqsa Flood

The IDF is now launching an extensive attack on many centers of the terrorist organization Hamas in the Gaza Strip, more details below

31 names of additional IDF martyrs who fell in the war were allowed to be published

Attached is a statement from the IDF spokesperson regarding the names of 31 additional IDF martyrs whose families were notified: https://IDFANC.activetrail.biz/ANC12102023.02102023.0214

In addition, a link is attached to the IDF website, where the details and pictures of the spaces are published and updated:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8NDlkYWgAE3DR1?format=jpg&name=large

Well he’s certainly consistent.
Mostly just included for the description

Lead singer of Pink Floyd, anti-Semite, lover of Russia and just an idiot Roger Waters unfurled a Palestinian flag at his concert as a sign of support

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F8LgPfDWoAE7GRn?format=jpg&name=large

View Quote
Glad I saw Roger Waters in the flesh 20 years ago, because FUCK THAT GUY.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:19:15 AM EDT
[#45]
"❗Our principled position is that Russia does not consider itself an affected party in the dialogue on the human rights situation in 🇺🇦Ukraine
❌ We fundamentally disagree with the methodology, content and conclusions of the latest OHCHR report
"

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#46]

I suspect Budanov may not be wrong
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#47]
“It’s very hot” - the head of the Avdeevka GVA about the situation in the city

“The most massive offensive in the Avdiivka direction since the beginning of a full-scale war,” said Vitaly Barabash.

According to him, the Russians are trying to simultaneously attack in 10-12 directions. This happens with the support of aviation.

“It is estimated that more than 23 missiles flew into the community in just one day. There are arrivals at high-rise buildings,” added Barabash.

https://t.me/Pravda_Gerashchenko/81087

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:50:08 AM EDT
[#48]
Schmidt & Bender

Marksmen are infantry snipers. The most professional shooters of their squads, who must be able to shoot quickly and accurately, providing support to their brothers-in-arms. The first groups of our newly trained Marxmen have already set off to carry out combat missions and we can show some footage from their preparatory course.

Our Marksmen have .308 caliber rifles at their disposal - Remington 700, M1A SOCOM II. But the guys are trained to shoot with everything that shoots, so that, if necessary, they can continue the battle with whatever comes to hand (read: with whatever they take off the enemy).

▪️The Legion is a place of opportunity!) If you want to be an artilleryman, if you want to be a sniper, if you want to be an attack aircraft. Application here: t.me/lsr_official_bot

For Russia! For freedom!

▪️Become part of the Legion

https://t.me/legionoffreedom/961

Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:56:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#49]
Originally Posted By TheLurker:

I suspect Budanov may not be wrong
View Quote

Yep.  Get your ducks in a row, starting yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:57:56 AM EDT
[#50]

Page / 5592
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 4991 of 5592)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top