Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They kept the roadway out of service for four and a half hours? That's some mighty fine police work there, fellas.
View Quote

What a shitty thing to say.

Attorneys lawsuits etc have taught all of us cross your T’s and dot your I’s. You must live in a cave.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh the irony of getting turned into hamburger after smashing into a truck full of hamburger.  

The little asshole obviously didn’t learn his lesson between losing his license and getting a provisional one, and getting more tickets just moments before his death.  

He was well on his way to killing someone, the shitty part is he killed his passenger in the process of being his dumbass self.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Or they could have been in the right spot at the right time to kill an innocent person or family.
View Quote

This. Seems like every jackass driving a Stinger is living out his F&F fantasy. I see more idiotic stoplight drag racing from those than all the Challengers/Chargers combined.

I almost lumped Mustangs in there but they’re second on the tarded driving scale.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm actually looking at NJ reckless driving is not a criminal offense, so none of those tickets were probably arrestable anyway.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nope... guys like this will meet the end their are going for. Sadly. Others, well, you can change something.

I have a handful of these. Prior contact prior to a major incident or death. Traffic stops, calls, and so on. Your actions or failure to act can impact a person and future incident.

One I remember was when I backed up an officer and she chose only to issue a cite when the guy should have gone to jail. I never approached and never saw who it was. Just watched her issue the cite and left. 2 hours later, we get a robbery where a clerk is killed. I see a car driving reckless and it matched the suspect car. Guy bails and I end up catching him. He had the citation on him. I called her to the scene to see what happens when we don't do what we are supposed to do.

My worst one is this---- we had a gift of a bunch of bicycles around Christmas time. Found 4 kids in a complex and gave them to the kids. Told them not to ride on the busy street at all. 3 hours later, there is a kid hit by a car. One of the kids we gave the bike too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opposite thinking(see highlight), if the original officer didn't interfere with them, they would have been in an entirely different time and space and would not been involved with the semi. RIP

Nope... guys like this will meet the end their are going for. Sadly. Others, well, you can change something.

I have a handful of these. Prior contact prior to a major incident or death. Traffic stops, calls, and so on. Your actions or failure to act can impact a person and future incident.

One I remember was when I backed up an officer and she chose only to issue a cite when the guy should have gone to jail. I never approached and never saw who it was. Just watched her issue the cite and left. 2 hours later, we get a robbery where a clerk is killed. I see a car driving reckless and it matched the suspect car. Guy bails and I end up catching him. He had the citation on him. I called her to the scene to see what happens when we don't do what we are supposed to do.

My worst one is this---- we had a gift of a bunch of bicycles around Christmas time. Found 4 kids in a complex and gave them to the kids. Told them not to ride on the busy street at all. 3 hours later, there is a kid hit by a car. One of the kids we gave the bike too.

The reason several of us started sacking no DL/FMFR years ago was an officer in a neighboring city cited and released a no gotty that went a few miles down the road and plowed a minivan, killed one or two. We caught some flack at first but it wasn't long until departments started doing mandatory impound for no insurance because of that same reason
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Maybe suicide
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
124 MPH…?
Did I read that correctly?

I don’t think I’ve ever driven 124 mph, and I’ve owned some sports cars.  Why would anyone think that was a good idea, in the middle of the night is beyond me.
View Quote

never had a rental?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Opposite thinking(see highlight), if the original officer didn't interfere with them, they would have been in an entirely different time and space and would not been involved with the semi. RIP
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-R6HrKUJM

Around 1:49 AM on August 4, 2021, Officer Jon Nunez with the North Bergen Police Department stopped a 2022 Kia Stinger at 61st Street and Kennedy Boulevard for excessive speeding and reckless driving. He made contact with driver and his passenger, who were identified as 24-year-old Luis Fernando Cevallos and 27-year-old Alexis Rodriguez. Alexis told the officer that they were on their first date, and she blamed herself for his reckless driving because she was in a rush to get home. Officer Nunez reassured Alexis that it was not her fault and issued Luis 3 citations for reckless driving, failure to observe a flashing traffic signal, and violation of restrictions on a provisional license. Before letting him drive away, Officer Nunez reminded Luis to drive responsibly to avoid a fatal accident. The traffic stop was cleared around 2:02 AM.

Around 2:13 AM, Officer Jessica Toro transmitted over the police radio a motor vehicle accident involving a tractor trailer on Route 1-9 and 36th Street, and Officer Nunez (the same officer) responded. As he approached the scene of the accident, he observed the same vehicle that he had just stopped a few minutes earlier. The occupants of the Kia Stinger appeared lifeless and he immediately called for a crash team to investigate a fatal accident. While it was apparent that the driver was Luis Fernando Cevallos, Officer Kevin Rodriguez looked through Alexis Rodriguez’s purse to determine her identity because Officer Nunez had not asked Alexis for her identification during the traffic stop.

Sergeant Schubert, Sergeant Yousef, Officer Rodriguez, Officer Perez, Officer Vitali, and Officer Sloan arrived on scene shortly afterwards. ALS Unit 476 and North Bergen EMS South also arrived on scene. Both the driver and occupant of the vehicle were pronounced deceased on scene by a doctor at 2:26 AM. After they were pronounced deceased, Sergeant Tattoli contacted both the North Arlington Police and the Bergenfield Police to make Next of Kin notifications.

As Officer Nunez proceeded to collect documentation from the truck driver and get his account of what happened, he told Officer Nunez that he was backing into 36th Street to make a delivery at the loading dock of Pat LaFrieda Meat Purveyors. As he was backing in, the Kia Stinger which was traveling southbound struck his tractor trailer at an excessive rate of speed. Officer Vitali eventually transported the truck driver to police headquarters so he could provide them with a voluntary statement.

Sergeant Tattoli informed the Hudson County Medical Examiner’s Office about the fatal accident. Around 2:45 AM, Detective Mena arrived along with Officer Suarez to conduct their investigation. Sergeant Ragland from the Hudson County Prosecutors Collision Unit arrived on scene at 3:37 AM. An investigator from the Medical Examiner’s Office arrived at 5:35 AM and they removed both the remains at 6:10 AM. The Kia Stinger was towed from the scene at 6:30 AM and the roadway was back in service by 6:45 AM.

At 1:00 PM, Detective Mena returned to Tumino’s Towing with Secaucus Police Lieutenant Martin Moreda, a member of the Hudson County Regional Crash Team. They removed the EDR (event data recorder) from the Kia Stinger and Lieutenant Moreda had the information downloaded. By 7:00 PM, Lieutenant Moreda determined that 5 seconds prior to impact, the Kia Stinger was traveling at 124 MPH (181.784 feet per second). At the moment of impact, the Kia Stinger was traveling at 68 MPH (99.688 feet per second). On August 24, 2021, Detective Mena concluded his investigation and determined that if the driver had been driving at the posted speed limit instead of 124 MPH, this fatal accident would not have happened.

If the officer observed the reckless driving, didn't stop them, and they ended up killing an innocent party,  you would probably blame the
officer for not stopping them ...

If the driver would not have been driving reckless, he may still be alive.

Actions have consequences
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:38:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh the irony of getting turned into hamburger after smashing into a truck full of hamburger.  

The little asshole obviously didn’t learn his lesson between losing his license and getting a provisional one, and getting more tickets just moments before his death.  

He was well on his way to killing someone, the shitty part is he killed his passenger in the process of being his dumbass self.
View Quote

Some people get emboldened and bolder when they get away with shit especially young kids. He was probably bragging and laughing to new his date what a fucktard that cop was while speeding 100+ away from the traffic stop
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is what it looks like when people post without having any idea what they’re talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They kept the roadway out of service for four and a half hours? That's some mighty fine police work there, fellas.

This is what it looks like when people post without having any idea what they’re talking about.

Yep
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:41:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Provisional license at 24 yrs old. 3 tickets, then 5 minutes later in a double fatal mva. Dude sucked at driving.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

ETA: Anyone have an extra copy of how to be edgy for dummies?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:47:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The guy was driving with a provisional license which means his license was revoked, probably for too many speeding tickets.  The officer should have impounded the vehicle and made them walk home.  Then they still be alive, bitching about how the cop was an asshole.  I’m sure the cop feels like shit.
View Quote

Provisional is probably learners/temporary permit, not revoked.  Too many tickets usually ends up with a suspended license.

Driver was probably violating 1 or more of the requirements of the provisional permit.  Depending on jurisdiction and dept.
policies, impounding may not have been an option.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:52:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm just saying, time and space are fluid, and brought up a contentious thought.

The officer could have also taken another minute to caution the guy and the truck might not have been in the middle of the road. He could have asked the passenger for her ID and ran it.

Not saying JBT's are bad and should mind their own business, or speeding jackwads should die.

If someone, somewhere in time and space deviates slightly, in any way, it removes them from their current position and the relative position shared with everyone else in the vicinity.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:  Glad you are a fortune teller and know what that outcome would have been.  Lets play your game of living in an imaginary world again and if officer hadn't stopped them then in a different time and space they don't crash into the back of an 18 wheeler and instead crash into a car killing an innocent mother or father on their way home to their kids after working a late shift.  

Driver and passenger chose poorly and suffered the consequences. Instead of getting home late they didn't get home at all.
View Quote

Well, they didn't get home - but they are late.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:57:17 PM EDT
[#17]
what a shitbag

probably a worthless illegal
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:00:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Driver's toxicology results? I've heard of a few cases where impaired drivers were released from a stop, only to die or kill someone down the road.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:10:40 AM EDT
[#19]
He'll carry that one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:11:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Accidents with fatalities don't get cleared in a hurry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Accidents with fatalities don't get cleared in a hurry.

The unwashed who haven't worked a crash scene with a collision reconstructionist would never understand. Preservation and collection of evidence is crucial. The ramifications of property damage, life insurance, and any potential liability of that truck driver and owner need to be fully investigated and documented. This will be scrutinized by each entity's insurance investigator long after the crash is cleared.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:12:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm just saying, time and space are fluid, and brought up a contentious thought.

The officer could have also taken another minute to caution the guy and the truck might not have been in the middle of the road. He could have asked the passenger for her ID and ran it.

Not saying JBT's are bad and should mind their own business, or speeding jackwads should die.

If someone, somewhere in time and space deviates slightly, in any way, it removes them from their current position and the relative position shared with everyone else in the vicinity.
View Quote

Speaking of relative things - you're either not doing enough drinking/drugs or you're doing too many. The amount you're on right now isn't working for you.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:16:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Well Darwin won that race. Maybe don’t drive like an idiot
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
124 MPH…?

I don’t think I’ve ever driven 124 mph, and I’ve owned some sports cars.  Why would anyone think that was a good idea, in the middle of the night is beyond me.
View Quote

The Stinger is capable of 160. My Sportage SX will do 124 and that thing is an aerodynamic brick.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The guy was driving with a provisional license which means his license was revoked, probably for too many speeding tickets.  The officer should have impounded the vehicle and made them walk home.  Then they still be alive, bitching about how the cop was an asshole.  I’m sure the cop feels like shit.
View Quote

Never mind
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:19:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Speaking of relative things - you're either not doing enough drinking/drugs or you're doing too many. The amount you're on right now isn't working for you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:20:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:30:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The unwashed who haven't worked a crash scene with a collision reconstructionist would never understand. Preservation and collection of evidence is crucial.
View Quote

At one point the cam officer is chastised for walking between the car and the truck. He's told to go around the front of the truck and not travel through the scene.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:30:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Guy gets stopped doing 124 and cited, then does it again and crashes, and it’s somehow the officer’s fault?  Classic GD.  There are some real mental midgets on this board.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#29]
dude was probably showing off to his date
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:35:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope that officer went home and had a damn long look at herself in the mirror, and considered her decisions.

A year or two back I got a call of a male wearing all black walking alongside the highway "caller concerned he might get hit". Didn't find him in the area, but 15 minutes later on a different call he came walking through the parking lot. I asked and he confirmed he'd been the one in that area, but said he'd been off on the shoulder. Dude was a bit tipsy but not unreasonably so, and was a homeless guy trying to hike into town to visit a festival going on. I gave him a brochure on resources per agency best practices, and told him where the nearest motel was when he asked. I told him to walk safe, and as he walked away the last comment he made (that I didn't pick up on until reviewing the bodycam later) was "but pedestrians have right-of-way!"

About half an hour later units from another agency roll up on a fatal pedestrian crash. Dude tried to sprint across the highway right into the path of an old couple headed home, and went right into the windshield, shoes came off, fully DRT'd. Fucking traumatized the poor old couple and trashed their little old economy car.

I ID'd him by the brochure sticking out the pocket. He was a few steps from the motel he was headed to...and died in his conviction that pedestrians have an inalienable right to the right-of-way.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Two humans lost their lives, and one was an innocent.

We could oh I don't know, have a little compassion for others, but I guess that's too much to ask for some folks.

I hope the officer doesn't feel that he did anything wrong here.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:49:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
124 MPH…?

View Quote

Ned Flanders wants a pat on the back.

Everyone has different risk analysis, this guy got his calculation wrong.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:01:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe skip yoga class tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#35]
I was showing my wife the part of the vid where the COP is explaining the charges on the ticket. She said "that's gonna be an expensive ticket"

I said, "hang on a second" then simply hit the arrow forward key a few times. "He's not gonna need to worry about that"
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:31:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Culling The HERD.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:37:56 AM EDT
[#37]
One less fucking worthless shitbag to share the road with, too bad he took out the passenger too.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:39:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Fucking GD...
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 1:39:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Looks like they went under the truck right behind the rear wheels. That steel rear bumper on the trailer shredded the top of the car off.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 2:02:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I was rear-ended by some high college students in  Northern California about 17 years ago.  Hit the ICC bar at 100+. Driver made it. His passenger was decapitated.  It wasn't a good day in the Siskyoos.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 3:40:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Auto fatality wrecks do not get cleared fast. You can’t just clear the roadway.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 4:00:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
124 MPH…?

No I don’t want a pat on the back, moron - the point is going 124 mph in what is an NJ burb of NYC is way the fuck too fast - this isn’t some road in the middle of the NM desert.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No I don’t want a pat on the back, moron - the point is going 124 mph in what is an NJ burb of NYC is way the fuck too fast - this isn’t some road in the middle of the NM desert.
View Quote

people always drive like jerkoffs on that road. limit is like 45 i think. a lot of them have neither a license nor insurance........

sometimes shit like this happens.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:09:31 AM EDT
[#44]
That's one way to get out of appearing in court
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:26:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Some screwed up logic around here..........
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:37:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, at 124mph likely would have hit some else and caused more casualties.  You can rest assured it will be the cop's or Trump's fault in the end.
Also if the driver would have taken the clue the police officer wrote down on paper 3x's for him and drivin like a responsible citizen he would have also likely been in a different time and space still with us today.
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:51:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thats pretty quick for a double fatality with a CMV involved
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats pretty quick for a double fatality with a CMV involved

Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Don’t let the fact that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about from trying to get a disparaging comment in about the cops…

I’m sure people comment on how long it takes you to deliver a pizza or make their McNuggets too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t let the fact that you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about from trying to get a disparaging comment in about the cops…

I’m sure people comment on how long it takes you to deliver a pizza or make their McNuggets too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 5:57:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

In case you dont know how to read, it's a fatality crash

How many fatality crashes have you investigated and mapped?

You would be raising hell if your family members were involved then blame us for not investigating enough if they opened the road quickly.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top