Site Notices
Page / 603
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chiefs DEFENSE got fucked going back to that BS flag THE SUPER BOWL
View Quote
Fixed it for ya. 31 in the SB, 29 vs Cleveland, 36 tonight. Want to win? Stop the other team.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#2]
BASS WHATS THE RIGHT CALL????
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:21:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Ravens win.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:21:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, that was ballsy.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess going for it… sorry bass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:23:48 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll give it up to Groot.  After the pick 6 and the INT into triple coverage he played pretty well.

Of course if it wasn't for those two plays the Ravens would have won by DD.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]
0-2 is almost a death sentence for the post season. Lots of teams saved their asses this week.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
0-2 is almost a death sentence for the post season. Lots of teams saved their asses this week.
View Quote

One more to go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#9]
And just like that, we never heard from CEH again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#10]
"Coash ax me, shuh we go fo it? I seh hell yeh"
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:34:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Still early for harsh judgement on some but kinda true

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"Coash ax me, shuh we go fo it? I seh hell yeh"
View Quote

+

+

=

Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One more to go.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One more to go.

Rodgers PWNS the D. Your boys got this.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:38:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jacobs had a good season, and Lenny helped win a super bowl. CMC is great, but I don’t even think he’s sniffed a play off game, and he gets injured. I think it’s dumb for anyone to get a back in round one anymore.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Skimming the message boards it seems Chiefs fans went from "we got this" to "we're fucked" (fumble) to "we got this" (stop on 3rd down) to "we're fucked" (Ravens convert) all in less than 30 seconds of regulation.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Fixed it for ya. 31 in the SB, 29 vs Cleveland, 36 tonight. Want to win? Stop the other team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Chiefs DEFENSE got fucked going back to that BS flag THE SUPER BOWL

I won't defend the defense. It's a dumpster fire, and when you look at the amount of money and draft picks the Chiefs have devoted to the defense and how it's performing, it's a disaster. It'd be one thing if the front office was willingly neglecting the defense to feed the offense, but they're not. The Chiefs have a LOT of assets in that pile of shit.

Offensive decision making is just as infuriating to me, though.

At the end of the game, Mahomes finished with a +0.54 EPA/play average. That's damn good.

The RBs? CEH is at -0.31 EPA/play and Darrell Williams is at -0.24 EPA/play. Do you know how many rushing plays the Chiefs called on early downs? 18! 18 plays flushed down the shitter.

When you look at this team and the way it's built, trying to force a run game when it's not working is straight up malpractice.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:46:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Are the Chiefs not as good as we thought?  Are the Ravens not as bad as we thought?

Both?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drafting a RB in the first round should be grounds for immediate termination for a NFL GM.

Even if you get a great one, their careers are too short, and the position just isn't valuable.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are the Chiefs not as good as we thought?  Are the Ravens not as bad as we thought?

Both?
View Quote

Both of them have excellent offenses (not surprising for the Chiefs, surprising for the Ravens).
Both of them have shitty defenses (not surprising for the Chiefs, surprising for the Ravens).
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:50:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Both?
View Quote

Every year, Mahomes' half billion dollar contract creeps up a little in cap hit. And they'll get a little worse by not being able to pay the Legion of Zoom. We're already seeing that if the Chiefs want to win games, they need to score 30 points. Good luck paying top tier edge rushers and corners in the next few years.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Mahomes' disgruntled brother was throwing beverages on Ravens fans after the game.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Both of them have excellent offenses (not surprising for the Chiefs, surprising for the Ravens).
Both of them have shitty defenses (not surprising for the Chiefs, surprising for the Ravens).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both?

Shitty defense not so surprising for the ravens considering their injuries on that side.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Mahomes' disgruntled brother was throwing beverages on Ravens fans after the game.
View Quote

He has mental issues (special needs case).
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:08:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Every year, Mahomes' half billion dollar contract creeps up a little in cap hit. And they'll get a little worse by not being able to pay the Legion of Zoom. We're already seeing that if the Chiefs want to win games, they need to score 30 points. Good luck paying top tier edge rushers and corners in the next few years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both?

Except, as of right now, the problem is literally the exact opposite.

This is the kind of shit I'm talking about with the defense and wasted assets:

3 TFLs, I think 3 sacks, very little pressure, and zero run defense whatsoever.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:11:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did a quick google search and couldn’t find anything about that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:12:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Chiefs gave up over 400 yards on the ground their first two games.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:03:10 AM EDT
[#28]
I thought the Browns struggling with the Texans was bad enough, but then I saw the Texans were without Tyrod Taylor for the entire 2nd half.

In the first half Taylor posted a 94.8 QBR and a 144.3 Passer Rating.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:04:07 AM EDT
[#29]
And speaking of the Texans:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought the Browns struggling with the Texans was bad enough, but then I saw the Texans were without Tyrod Taylor for the entire 2nd half.

In the first half Taylor posted a 94.8 QBR and a 144.3 Passer Rating.
View Quote

He hurt his hamstring. Guy keeps getting hurt, gotta assume he hangs it up sooner than later.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 1:43:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Speaking of, as of now it looks like Taylor, Fitz, Tua, Dalton and Wentz will all miss some significant time. That seems like a lot of starting QBs this early on, and interesting enough four of them are on new teams.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:17:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Speaking of, as of now it looks like Taylor, Fitz, Tua, Dalton and Wentz will all miss some significant time. That seems like a lot of starting QBs this early on, and interesting enough four of them are on new teams.
View Quote

If Wentz does not play in at least 75% of the Colts’ offensive snaps then the Eagles’ conditional pick gets downgraded from a 1st to a 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:23:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Cowboys OT Collins got suspended for missed drug tests.

These are the missed drug tests.

WTF, NFL?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

WTF, NFL?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/E71322E5-2381-4DCD-98CA-AAD62DC79421_jpe-2097904.JPG
View Quote

how many total tests did he miss? i almost always put this on the players, but those three listed and reasons for missing are not on him.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

If Wentz does not play in at least 75% of the Colts’ offensive snaps then the Eagles’ conditional pick gets downgraded from a 1st to a 2nd.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that would be one god damn shame.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 2:41:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

how many total tests did he miss? i almost always put this on the players, but those three listed and reasons for missing are not on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF, NFL?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/E71322E5-2381-4DCD-98CA-AAD62DC79421_jpe-2097904.JPG

I don’t know the total, but apparently those 3 put him over the limit.

We pretty much expect the NFL to shit the bed when it comes to discipline handed out for alleged DV, sexual assault, etc.  But this is fuckin’ ridiculous.  A player’s coach literally dies at the practice facility, the players get sent home to grieve, and they count that as a missed test?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:08:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can teams still make a trade? If so, it could be Watson time!

Nothing like pushing that scandal front and center for the NFL.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#38]
In today's episode of Chris Jones isn't a real DE...

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#39]
When reality is funnier than satire:

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:16:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Some of those runs he just looked completely lost. He was constantly over committing up the field in a failed effort to apply pressure from the outside when in reality he was just leaving gaping run holes. They barely needed any effort to block him at those points because he was taking himself out of the play on his own.

It's always important, but even more so against a running quarterback, to stay committed to your assignment and area. If Groot or the running backs want to run all the way to the outside and around you, fine, let them. That stretches the play and gives other defenders time to pursue.

What you can't do is keep jumping out and up into that path and allowing them free holes to immediately go up the field in all night.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:41:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Derek Carr last 6 healthy games:
381 yards at Jets
316 yards vs. Colts
336 yards vs. Dolphins
371 yards at Broncos
435 yards vs. Ravens
382 yards at Steelers
15 total touchdowns

Amazon is looking for fans in the Buffalo area to take part in a commercial shoot. That includes a stunt role that will pay $1,200, for 11 hours, for someone that is willing to jump through a table.

Matt Judon led the Patriots with seven pressures vs. NYJ, followed by Josh Uche with six, per @PFF. Christian Barmore was third with three. Twelve players had at least one.

Patriots CB JC Jackson had two interceptions yesterday. He has 19 total for his career. He leads the league in interceptions since entering in 2018.

Baker Mayfield leads the league in comp % (81.6) and is 2nd in yards per attempt (10.9). Meanwhile he is 13th in total yards while only being 27th in total attempts.

Lamar Jackson has failed to throw for over 250 yards in 18 straight games. This ties him for the 2nd longest streak since 2004.

After Lamar's second interception he went 15/19 for 225 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT with a 133.5 passer rating.

Odafe Oweh, who forced and recovered the fumble near the end of the game, was drafted with the pick Kansas City sent to Baltimore in the Orlando Brown trade.

[Ben Baldwin's 4th Down Bot] The final 4th down of the KC @ BAL game was the bot's strongest "go for it" recommendation EVER, at +18 win probability.

The Chiefs do not hold at least a share of the lead in the AFC West for the first time since week 16 in 2016. Last night was Pat Mahomes first September loss.

When the Buccaneers play the Rams at SoFi stadium next week, it will be the first time that Tom Brady has played a game in Los Angeles.

Bucs' Tom Brady, explaining his thoughts as he scrambled for a first down near the goal line, "Oh, my God, what am I doing out here? Let me run forward and get on the ground as fast as I can. ... It doesn't come naturally to me, let me say that. That's not one of my things."

Bill Belichick was asked during his WEEI appearance if he thought Tom Brady could play until 50? “If anyone could do it, it’s probably him."

After 2 weeks, Brady and the Bucs have the #1 scoring offense while Bill and the Patriots have the #2 scoring defense.

Brady is now 499 yards away from surpassing Drew Brees for the all-time regular season yards leader. He is on pace to do so in two weeks, in New England.

Most receiving touchdowns since the start of 2014:
Antonio Brown - 65
Mike Evans - 63

Patrick Surtain II : 2nd regular season game, first INT.
Patrick Surtain Sr. in 1998 : 2nd regular season game, first INT.
History repeating itself.

Yesterday was the 6th time in which the Bears have won a game with 120 passing yards or less since 2017. Two other teams have done so 4 times each. Ten teams haven't done so a single time.

With one more game to go in Week 2, quarterbacks have rushed for a combined 1,215 yards. That is the most through the first two weeks cine the 1970 merger.

The NFC West (7-1) and AFC West (6-2) are a combined 13-3 this season, with all 3 losses coming on scores in the final 4 minutes of regulation or OT.

Through the first two weeks there have already been four games decided by 1 point.

Tua's MRI came back confirming no fractured ribs. Now will only be about pain tolerance and functionality.

AJ Brown, after multiple drops yesterday, says that a family member told him, "I wouldn't have caught Covid today if I tried."
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#42]

It was sure obvious he was MIA when LJ has time to do a handstand and score on that last one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:46:34 AM EDT
[#43]
This is disgusting:

The player who spent the most time on the field was... Sorensen?

Thornhill only got 11 snaps?

Hardman was on the field for 40 snaps, and Pringle only got 11?

McKinnon only got 4?

I hate all of that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Your QBR top-10 through 2 games:

Tyrod - 84.5
Bridgewater - 83.2
Mahomes - 79.3
Stafford - 77.9
Kyler - 71.5
Sam "I see ghosts" Darnold - 66.2
Hurts - 65.9
Brady - 64.8
Daniel MF'ing Jones - 64.4
Russell Wilson - 63.2

Yep. There's nothing weird about that...

The bottom 5 QBs that have actually played two games are Roethlisberger, Burrow, Ryan, Lawrence, and Zach Wilson.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:14:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Ravens vs Chiefs - 16.1
CBS Sunday Night Emmy Awards - 6.3
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Dolphins offensive line received a pass blocking grade of 27.6.
Gave up a 60% pressure rate.

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#47]
People throwing out the "Cowboys are 25-0 with Dak when they rush more than they pass" stat as if it has absolutely nothing to do with it being much easier to run more when you're winning than it is when you're losing.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:51:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Before yesterday, teams with: a Pick-Six, 3+ Passing TDs, and 175+ Rushing Yards in a game were 78-1 (.987). After Vikings Cardinals... 78-2.

Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:52:07 PM EDT
[#49]
With his 1 rush for 6 yards yesterday, Tom Brady has matched his rushing total for the entire 2020 season.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Dolphins offensive line received a pass blocking grade of 27.6.
Gave up a 60% pressure rate.

https://i.imgur.com/Upd1LPS.png?1

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/804/617/d5b.jpg
View Quote
The Offensive line for the Dolphins is just terrible.
Page / 603
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top