Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2023 8:45:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I've wanted one of these since I first watched Cowboy Bebop.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, they’re trying to cash in on the non-savvy weebs who think they’re buying the spike speigel special.

The pistol in cowboy bebop had a slide-mounted decocker safety, not the 1911-frame safety.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
There is nothing in this world that would get me to pay that much for a beat to shit Jericho. They’re not collectibles. Put down the fucking crack pipe.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine at Bud's a few years ago. It was less than those surplus.
It's a 45 though.

Seems like those surplus would be cheaper. Is there really any collector value to beater Police trade ins?

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:02:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine. It is a great shooter.

I think I paid like $199 for it not very long ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Got 3 a few years ago.  Love them and they make a fun range toy.
Still trying to find a smith who could figure out how to mount a red dot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:16:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I had a IWI Baby Desert Eagle compact.... now stolen.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:17:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love mine. It is a great shooter.

I think I paid like $199 for it not very long ago.
View Quote

I’d buy that
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:20:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Got one off of gunbroker a few years ago. I think I paid around $250 for it. Finish was kind of rough. Worked it over a bit  and ceracoated it.
Shoots great.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
I think some of the older ones go for more because of cowboy bebop, but I don't remember which specific model is most desirable. Somebody else on here broke it down not too long ago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got one off of gunbroker a few years ago. I think I paid around $250 for it. Finish was kind of rough. Worked it over a bit  and ceracoated it.
Shoots great.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/89/5yiagabl-1601016.jpg
View Quote

Oooh, that looks nice. I put those same grips on mine, and it's one of the best shooters I have. Fits the hand just right, slightly different than a CZ75. The single action conversion on mine is as nice or nice than some I have Cajun Gun works parts in.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
I used a dovetail mount, I think AGW? I haven't found anyone willing to mill it. It sits a little high, but works fine. Inexpensive solution to put an old BFF I had laying around to use. Range toy only, probably the nicest shooting pistol I have.

Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:33:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I used a dovetail mount, I think AGW? I haven't found anyone willing to mill it. It sits a little high, but works fine. Inexpensive solution to put an old BFF I had laying around to use. Range toy only, probably the nicest shooting pistol I have.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/146991/20211126_152756-2186593.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a Meprolight setup from Zahal?
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I considered it, but I already had the optic here on hand and the mount was pretty well priced. I don't have any experience with the Meprolight stuff so I went this route.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Those look descent in the video but they should be around $300 not $500.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I picked one up a few years ago for $350ish from Classic Firearms I believe. Had some scuffs but the action remains butter-smooth. Not sure I'd have gone for it at $500 but I'm glad I did all the same!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:07:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Seem like the older I get, the more over price things are...ammo, guns, cars, the prices are getting ridiculous!
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:12:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Kinda want one just because Spike Spiegel.

The price premium is probably because the non rail versions are more desirable for Cowboy Bebop fans. Think their current offerings are railed
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I bought mine at Bud's a few years ago. It was less than those surplus.
It's a 45 though.

https://i.imgur.com/xOLg8Ww.jpg

Seems like those surplus would be cheaper. Is there really any collector value to beater Police trade ins?

View Quote
Nice!

I always wanted a Jericho.  $500 is too much
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Just checked GB, there's only one, bidding is at $505.
Link Posted: 5/10/2023 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm a huge fan of CZ clones and milsurp, but even in 2023 dollars, I'd pass.

If you want an unusual and high quality CZ clone (not beat to shit surplus), I'd get an AR-24.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:34:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Don’t you guys think you’re overstating the market impact of a cartoon? Maybe its really important to weeb manboys that weren’t old enough to buy beer on 9/11 but you can’t seriously think a major firearm importer is considering anime fandom in their pricing?  LOL. Yeah, importing bulk lots of firearms is a simple and low cost operation completely devoid of hidden costs and “gotchas”. It must be the cartoon nobody gives a shit about steering their business decisions.  Hahaha take that bullshit back to reddit,

I would go $500:for an actual 941 meaning the full kit with the .41AE barrel and the case. It looks like Atlantic got squeezed on these. No wait, the cartoon is a more rational idea.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Don’t you guys think you’re overstating the market impact of a cartoon? Maybe its really important to weeb manboys that weren’t old enough to buy beer on 9/11 but you can’t seriously think a major firearm importer is considering anime fandom in their pricing?  LOL. Yeah, importing bulk lots of firearms is a simple and low cost operation completely devoid of hidden costs and “gotchas”. It must be the cartoon nobody gives a shit about steering their business decisions.  Hahaha take that bullshit back to reddit,

I would go $500:for an actual 941 meaning the full kit with the .41AE barrel and the case. It looks like Atlantic got squeezed on these. No wait, the cartoon is a more rational idea.
View Quote

I've asked at SHOT, and IWI doesn't seem to know/care about the potential Cowboy Bebop market.

That said, after many years of searching I finally scored a LNIB 941 full kit..for $500. Going rates on Gunbroker are north of $2k.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:03:00 AM EDT
[#28]
The new ones are not the same as the surplus ones. Rails, slide safety, da trigger, plastic frame iirc.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:14:30 AM EDT
[#29]
They are sold out. There is a guy on GunBroker that gets in a R model of the Jericho every once in awhile. DWJ imports.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Here's mine:

Although the design is similar to the CZ-75, the 941 is actually a Tanfoglio clone.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:41:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guarantee that show is responsible for the majority of Jericho purchases in the US.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:44:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Don't you guys think you're overstating the market impact of a cartoon? Maybe its really important to weeb manboys that weren't old enough to buy beer on 9/11 but you can't seriously think a major firearm importer is considering anime fandom in their pricing?  LOL. Yeah, importing bulk lots of firearms is a simple and low cost operation completely devoid of hidden costs and "gotchas". It must be the cartoon nobody gives a shit about steering their business decisions.  Hahaha take that bullshit back to reddit,

View Quote
I guess the idea someone at Atlantic was like, "hmm, maybe I should check what these particular vintage of 941's sell for on GunBroker over the last year" before setting the price is just too far fetched for you huh?

Literally the only reason the 941 has any popularity at all is because of that show. Maybe Atlantic knows, maybe not. They sure sold out quick for being "too much money"...
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#33]
I have a hard enough time finding decent quality mags for name brand guns. I don't need to make my life unnecessarily complicated.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Picked one up a few years ago when Centerfire systems had them for $300. Great feeling and shooting pistol.

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I guess the idea someone at Atlantic was like, "hmm, maybe I should check what these particular vintage of 941's sell for on GunBroker over the last year" before setting the price is just too far fetched for you huh?

Literally the only reason the 941 has any popularity at all is because of that show. Maybe Atlantic knows, maybe not. They sure sold out quick for being "too much money"...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't you guys think you're overstating the market impact of a cartoon? Maybe its really important to weeb manboys that weren't old enough to buy beer on 9/11 but you can't seriously think a major firearm importer is considering anime fandom in their pricing?  LOL. Yeah, importing bulk lots of firearms is a simple and low cost operation completely devoid of hidden costs and "gotchas". It must be the cartoon nobody gives a shit about steering their business decisions.  Hahaha take that bullshit back to reddit,

I have never seen the show but always wanted one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 5:29:12 AM EDT
[#36]
I have one from the last batch, paid $300 something for it.

That single action trigger is very good.
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#37]
Definitely pricier than years past. Neat overall pistols. Israelis sure are rough on them but the satin ones clean up ok with some scotchbrite and patience.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2023 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Magnum Research Baby Eagle pistols still sell new for around $600 / $650. So Atlantic is not out of line with their pricing.
Back when Israel standardized to Glock pistols and off loaded all their Police pistols into the US market, beat to hell Jericho 541's could be had cheap - $300 or less. Israeli FN Hi Powers could be hand for under $400 at the same time. I bought a couple.

Those days are gone.

I shot a Baby Eagle back in the day, and liked how it shot. Being left handed I liked the ambi-safety.

Steel framed Baby Eagle example:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/977334012

Link Posted: 5/11/2023 11:36:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I guarantee that show is responsible for the majority of Jericho purchases in the US.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/95/5b/a7/955ba75cf83d1b40e4c0abd45beeb71d.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/95/5b/a7/955ba75cf83d1b40e4c0abd45beeb71d.gif

It's the only reason I'd want one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top