Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Outside military, zero.

Inside military, do hellfires count?
View Quote
Lucky
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Military/General quarters? Fired a lot of .50 and M16 in practice, zero at a human or boat

As LE on the water? Zero

As a regular person? Zero

As a kid? Had a pretty awesome bottle rocket war. Somebody may have ended up with a nice scar.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#3]
In before NathanielHawkins, who apparently, shoots folks regularly.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
One mag full at 1 or 2 people where I discovered their marijuana patch. They fired 2 or 3 rds as a scare tactic. Had my AK underfolder over my back. Dumped a full mag in their direction
Lots of yelling and running through the brush. Reported the grow patch to local sheriff's department.  They followed me back and saw all my expended brass. Asked what the hell I shot back with. Showed them the AK. They laughed.
This was back around '84 or so before the deer archery season. I was scouting a place while home on leave.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]

and I will be very happy if that number doesn’t get any higher
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Can anybody explain how someone gets to 100 outside of combat?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
None. Hope it stays that way.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hot Fourth of July weekend in Chicago?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
One mag full at 1 or 2 people where I discovered their marijuana patch. They fired 2 or 3 rds as a scare tactic. Had my AK underfolder over my back. Dumped a full mag in their direction
Lots of yelling and running through the brush. Reported the grow patch to local sheriff's department.  They followed me back and saw all my expended brass. Asked what the hell I shot back with. Showed them the AK. They laughed.
This was back around '84 or so before the deer archery season. I was scouting a place while home on leave.
View Quote
LOL.  Sounds like they got a lesson about bringing a bigger gun.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:51:13 AM EDT
[#10]
How many house fires have you put out?

Would you rather have a garden hose connected to a swimming pool pump, or a fire hose connected to a hydrant?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:52:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Luckily I got out of l.e. with 0 rounds fired.  But I did almost shoot 2 pit bulls for good reason but didn't.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Thug life
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Two rounds of birdshot as return fire to the idiots that couldn't keep their aim out into the cornfield.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice quiet rural area.

Neighbor moves, their vacant house doesn't sell, well organized gang takes it over, cops do nothing.

Gang uses area to dump their stolen vehicles/plan crimes/practice shooting/etc., neighbors frequently call cops, cops stop by but do nothing.

Gang intimidates neighborhood to stop calling cops by spraying bullets everywhere, cops infrequently show up hours later and do nothing.

Neighbors fed up, start returning fire, massive shootouts occur over six month period.  Hundreds and hundreds of rounds fired.  Cops show up hours later a few times, say they can’t do anything without personally witnessing it, and leave.  Cop statements indicate they are afraid of confronting them.

Gang having a great time, neighbors give up cause every round they fire gets 10-20 from the gang.   Gang so cocky they use young school children for target practice one day.  Kids are hiding behind trash cans trying to not get shot.

http://www.krqe.com/2014/12/16/man-threatens-to-kill-students-opens-fire-near-school/

Cops decide to finally raid the gang, but the day before, they hover their A-Star helicopter directly over the gang house at 100 feet to warn them.   They don’t want anyone getting hurt or jeopardizing their retirement plans.   All but one gangbanger bug out.  Raid happens.   Three swat teams with Bearcats, 50+ cops.   School shooter arrested, has three previous warrants, does nine months in local jail then returns to the house.

All quiet for a while, then gang/crime wave returns.

Lessons learned?

A great many nice neighborhoods are susceptible to this type of crime wave.
Calling 911 is a sad joke. Cops are useless.
Some gangs are very well trained, very well organized, and heavily armed.
Pistols suck. Rifles rule. Pistol fire is ineffective at 50+ yards
Cover and concealment are extremely important.   Move frequently. Plan a protected egress.
30 round mags last less than a minute during sustained fire.
Dirtbags seek cover when nearby objects shatter.
Chest rigs are actually pretty useful.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice quiet rural area.

Neighbor moves, their vacant house doesn't sell, well organized gang takes it over, cops do nothing.

Gang uses area to dump their stolen vehicles/plan crimes/practice shooting/etc., neighbors frequently call cops, cops stop by but do nothing.

Gang intimidates neighborhood to stop calling cops by spraying bullets everywhere, cops infrequently show up hours later and do nothing.

Neighbors fed up, start returning fire, massive shootouts occur over six month period.  Hundreds and hundreds of rounds fired.  Cops show up hours later a few times, say they can't do anything without personally witnessing it, and leave.  Cop statements indicate they are afraid of confronting them.

Gang having a great time, neighbors give up cause every round they fire gets 10-20 from the gang.   Gang so cocky they use young school children for target practice one day.  Kids are hiding behind trash cans trying to not get shot.

http://www.krqe.com/2014/12/16/man-threatens-to-kill-students-opens-fire-near-school/

Cops decide to finally raid the gang, but the day before, they hover their A-Star helicopter directly over the gang house at 100 feet to warn them.   They don't want anyone getting hurt or jeopardizing their retirement plans.   All but one gangbanger bug out.  Raid happens.   Three swat teams with Bearcats, 50+ cops.   School shooter arrested, has three previous warrants, does nine months in local jail then returns to the house.

Lessons learned?

Cover and concealment are extremely important.   Move frequently. Plan a protected egress.
View Quote
God damn.  I would be sorely tempted to just set up a good distance away with a semi-auto rifle with optics and many large magazines and just start shooting the place up and dropping them as they come out.  That's a damn hornet's nest, and it needs one of those long-range spray cans.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
1. Gang banger
2. Liar
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:31:16 PM EDT
[#17]
You asking about today or like altogether?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:32:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

1. Gang banger
2. Liar
View Quote
Rural home defense. Firefights do genuinely happen between civilians and crooks, although I'm delighted to have not been directly involved.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
The same way they got their Maserati, Super-Model Wife, a BMI of 19 and their Billionaires Club membership!
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

God damn.  I would be sorely tempted to just set up a good distance away with a semi-auto rifle with optics and many large magazines and just start shooting the place up and dropping them as they come out.  That's a damn hornet's nest, and it needs one of those long-range spray cans.
View Quote
The problem with actually shooting one, is that his 20-40 gangbanger buddies will exact revenge.   Even with help from law enforcement, one guy is still going to get killed/house burned/dog shot/etc.

Think of a long-term strategy, that keeps the violence low key but convinces the bangers there are better places to live.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Nice quiet rural area.

Neighbors fed up, start returning fire, massive shootouts occur over six month period.  Hundreds and hundreds of rounds fired.  Cops show up hours later a few times, say they can’t do anything without personally witnessing it, and leave.  Cop statements indicate they are afraid of confronting them.

Cops decide to finally raid the gang, but the day before, they hover their A-Star helicopter directly over the gang house at 100 feet to warn them.   They don’t want anyone getting hurt or jeopardizing their retirement plans.   All but one gangbanger bug out.  Raid happens.   Three swat teams with Bearcats, 50+ cops.   School shooter arrested, has three previous warrants, does nine months in local jail then returns to the house.

Lessons learned?

View Quote
I would have burnt the house down.  Fuck that shit.

ETA: luckily 0 bullets fired at people
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:18:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
zero rounds downrange... at a human...
I have been lucky.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#24]
2 shot my Friend back in the day with a 22short in his foot lol

If we're talking bb or pellets then hundreds
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#25]
zero
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#26]
zero. but the day is still young
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:58:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Zero, thankfully.
View Quote
Came to post exactly the above
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Shot a friend in the kneecap with a bow/arrow, once.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Zero, since you excluded rimfire.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Do fragmentation grenades count?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#31]
This poll wants me to believe that 15% of people on this site have shot at someone excluding military service and LEOs??? I don't think it would be that high if it included military and LEOs.

OP forgot to exclude BB guns, paintball guns, and airsoft.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:20:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In before NathanielHawkins, who apparently, shoots folks regularly.
View Quote
2005 = 2 shots
2007 = 11 shots, did a reload but they fled before got a sight picture.  BTW the cops took the spare magazine because it was used in the gun.  HPD does not give you back any ammo when you pickup the gun.
2010 = 8 shots, needed more ammo to shoot at robbers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Glocks used in each shooting.

Attachment Attached File

There has been shootouts in nearby businesses that would give some people here massive boners.  One guy used an AK47 and fired over 60 rounds at some robbers (killed 3 out of 5) and another used 3 guns (2 handguns and a shotgun, killed 3 out of 4) in a massive shootout inside his business.  My area has a high crime rate.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:34:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Four, at a Pep Boys in AZ when I somehow saved the life of a off duty NCO who had been ripped by an Illegal who used a hammer to hit the poor fellow in the back of the head while they were standing in line.  I had a little AMC UNdercover.  I missed the turd but with the sound of the round he took off.  He was captured by a huge manager before I could get a 5th shot off.
I did kill at least one large can of oil.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Let's just say there is a difference in "fired at" and "aimed for".
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#35]
None, but came close once out deep in the woods one winter..had a guy try to show ownership of public use land  who felt he owned it..he was pointing a lever action in the general direction of my friends as he screamed at them about it being "his" trail, "his" property..Just as I was taking up slack on the trigger he slung the lever action...Glad he did, it would have sucked to deal with....
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This poll wants me to believe that 15% of people on this site have shot at someone excluding military service and LEOs??? I don't think it would be that high if it included military and LEOs.

OP forgot to exclude BB guns, paintball guns, and airsoft.
View Quote
Do BB guns, paintball guns, and airsoft count as "centerfire rifle or pistol ammo"?
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 4:42:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do BB guns, paintball guns, and airsoft count as "centerfire rifle or pistol ammo"?
View Quote
Apparently in the minds of some they do.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 5:14:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL.  Sounds like they got a lesson about bringing a bigger gun.
View Quote
I did have a bullet hole through the bed of my '78 Silverado. That really torqued me off.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 5:21:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#40]
convicted not once
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:28:53 PM EDT
[#41]
I voted 16-50 only because I've shot at my friends a lot with birdshot peppering each other while dove hunting. And a bunch in BB gun fights. Never killed anyone(with a gun) though. Best bud from high school is still sporting a BB in his waste I shot him with back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I shot my little brother with a Crossman pump .177 cal BB a few times

View Quote
if you only pumped it 10x then I say it does not count.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I voted 16-50 only because I've shot at my friends a lot with birdshot peppering each other while dove hunting. And a bunch in BB gun fights. Never killed anyone(with a gun) though. Best bud from high school is still sporting a BB in his waste I shot him with back in the 80's.
View Quote
We'll, I can't say I haven't hit anyone with gently arcing birdshot, but I have certainly been on the receiving end.  It's like getting hit with rice at a wedding.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Outside of military and law enforcement - none.  Thank god.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Do BB's count?

If so, I would be in the over 100 range....

I have stung quite a few legs and arms in my younger days. No eyes, although I did have a friend that lost an eye to a BB gun. (Self inflicted )
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Outside military, zero.

Inside military, do hellfires count?
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Zero.  But I don’t have a problem with the idea.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’d think he’d have passed it after thirty-odd years.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:54:21 PM EDT
[#49]
BB's are round, right?

Hundreds. Maybe thousands.

But only two pumps....

For real...zero as of today.
Link Posted: 7/13/2019 7:58:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Wait airsoft doesn't count?
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top