User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:23:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just did mine a week ago.

Drinking that stuff really gives you the chills.

But, I'm on the 10-year plan!!!!!!!

My ass looks better on the inside than the outside.

Winning!!!!!
View Quote

User name is ............appropriate!
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:25:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Its the shits
Still need to make my appointment my wife gets one every year
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There is noway to choke that stuff down. I have done a couple different types of "cleaners",each worse than the last. I tried holding my nose and using a straw to bypass the taste buds but it is all nasty. The funny thing is when I went back to my doctor, he said you can use Miralax for a day or two and it will clear you out but takes longer than the 12/x1 day prep.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
It's amazing there is so many doctors that use different preps. I had to take 3 Dulcolax pills to start. It got things moving in about an hour. After 3 hours of moderate diarrhea I drank a 10oz bottle of Lemony Magnesium Citrate.  15 minutes later I had enough thrust to shit myself to the moon.  

I've heard horror stories of the prep drugs, but mine were pretty mild.  Chugging the Mag Cit wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.  Eat light 2 days before was the best advise I got before my prep.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The studying for the test is worse than the actual test...even though the test involves getting stuff shoved up your ass.

You'll have a nice buzz going by the time they start shoving stuff up your ass.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Do not go far from the bathroom, and do not trust a fart
View Quote

Yup.  Learned that lesson the hard way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
OP is going to have more complaints soon.  
View Quote

She's right you know....
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
All I got is that line from The Office when Michael asked Oscar for some advice.  Take what you feel is useful.  "In your experience, what should I be expecting, in terms of sensation. Or, emotions. [pause] Is there anything I can do to make it more pleasurable for me or for Dr. Shandri? My main concern is should I have a safe word?"

I'm overdue for one.......
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There is noway to choke that stuff down. I have done a couple different types of "cleaners",each worse than the last. I tried holding my nose and using a straw to bypass the taste buds but it is all nasty. The funny thing is when I went back to my doctor, he said you can use Miralax for a day or two and it will clear you out but takes longer than the 12/x1 day prep.
View Quote

I was told to use the big bottle of Miralax mixed with 32 oz of Gatorade Frost. It took awhile but once it kicked in I didn't stray far from the toilet. It was a hell of a lot better to down than the salty stuff the previous time. I also had to swallow some Dulcolax pills.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck. May your adenomas be tubular and diminutive.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:43:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
have mine next week.
So.  Excited.
View Quote

the 18th for me....
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#12]
My third one was this morning.

The anesthetic was different, usually works very fast, with this one I simply woke up as I was being moved into recovery and didn't even know I had been out.  This was my second one at the VA hospital in St. Pete Florida.  Been there several times and very impressed with how they do things.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:00:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm very sorry to learn that.  Best of luck to you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For my most recent one, a year ago, I had to chug a 10 oz. bottle of magnesium citrate solution.  That was the worst part of the prep.

You'll be fine.  Anything you are going through now is orders of magnitude less unpleasant than colon cancer.

I already have the cancer. Found that out at the ER Friday night. This is for a biopsy to see how bad it is.

I'm very sorry to learn that.  Best of luck to you.

Damn, dude! Best wishes and all that.
And

FUCK CANCER!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:02:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Holy shit this stuff tastes terrible. I think it'd be better if they didn't try to make it taste better.
View Quote

Count yourself lucky if you don’t throw it up.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:07:09 AM EDT
[#15]
My first time, they did both. Endoscopy and colonoscopy. I did the “clean out” and fasting. When it was all over I had my wife stop on the way home to get me a sandwich. We’re heading back toward the interstate and I’m getting terrible bubble guts, so I tell her to speed up. She gets defensive and says she’s going as fast as she can. I told her fine, but I’m about to ?? in her front seat. Foot to the floor and we were off! I’ve never seen her drive so fast.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Had my first over the summer. Goodluck
Nighty-night, keep your butthole tight.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:25:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

the 18th for me....
View Quote
I'm at 43rd...
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:29:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Holy shit this stuff tastes terrible. I think it'd be better if they didn't try to make it taste better.
View Quote
Yeah, that lemon flavor crap doesn't help.  At.  All.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:34:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I already have the cancer. Found that out at the ER Friday night. This is for a biopsy to see how bad it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For my most recent one, a year ago, I had to chug a 10 oz. bottle of magnesium citrate solution.  That was the worst part of the prep.

You'll be fine.  Anything you are going through now is orders of magnitude less unpleasant than colon cancer.

@GAcop I just sent you my number. I’ve been down this road. Reach out if you need. None of us fights cancer alone!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:47:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Doctor promised me a night with Golightly.

I was thinking...

He was thinking...
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:49:06 AM EDT
[#21]
But seriously, I'm going to schedule one in March.  I'm hoping I can take it sober because I don't have a support person to drive me.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:02:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Not sure what you guys are bitching about.

I had to drink a quart of some lemon lime/gatoraid type solution which wasn’t too bad then 6hrs later hit the shitter 3 times and I was done. Kept drinking fluids until I went in.

They knocked me out and I woke up what seemed like a minute later and I hung out in post op for 30 minutes and went home. It was easy peasy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:04:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Better get some 550 cord and fix yourself a seatbelt.  You're gonna need it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My third one was this morning.

The anesthetic was different, usually works very fast, with this one I simply woke up as I was being moved into recovery and didn't even know I had been out.  This was my second one at the VA hospital in St. Pete Florida.  Been there several times and very impressed with how they do things.
View Quote

I've had a couple so far.  My biggest complaint other than the prep is that they push the sleepy juice too fast.  I'm paying good money for that shit.  At least give me a minute to enjoy it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#25]
I had one a couple years ago, doc gave me a script for Suprep, 2 part drink, comes with the measuring cup to use.

Over all was a 9 hour process but cleaned me out.

I am on the 5 year plan, go back in 3 more years.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But seriously, I'm going to schedule one in March.  I'm hoping I can take it sober because I don't have a support person to drive me.
View Quote

Talk to your doc about having someone drive you. Personally, I never felt  the need for someone to drive (didn't feel high at all), but the last time I had it, I would have been making some really  bad decisions on the road.

ETA My wife, now... I took her in for something, and she seemed to be very coherent... wanted a Big Mac immediately after, and her doc said it was OK.

It wasn't OK.

Lost a good fedora that afternoon. And she swears that the first thing she remembers about the post-procedure was apologizing for ruining my hat!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I vividly remember getting prepped for my last Colonoscopy.

I remember the nurse asking "Where are my scissors?"

I asked her why she needed scissors.

She said "You're here for a sex change aren't you?"

Next thing I remember I woke up in the recovery room with the wife and that nurse laughing, apparently my wife put her up to it.

it was the first time being "under" and its just like they describe it---one second you are awake, and then you are out.  and a milisecond later you are waking up.

View Quote

lol

had my first colo a few months ago
I had to do the two -day prep
if you get that--prepare for the worst two day ever
basically double the 1 day prep
so double up all the dirraeah
it was horrible

they said they put ya into lala land, so i figured i would at least be partially coherent-- but nope  
i remember asking the nurse i would prefer to not remember any of it--and i was saying it i felt her inject me with something (already had IV in) and i was out in 2 seconds.  completely out.
woke up in "recovery" area and walked out 15 min later
they did both ends....hope they started with the trachea first
either way didnt feel a thing, even after.  guess im a hotdog/hallway or something
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Ask for SuTab next time.  It's a series of pills you take with a glass of water.  No bad taste whatsoever, and it works every bit as well as any others I've used.  The procedure itself is nothing.  They'll knock you out, and next thing you know you wake up.

10 years with ulcerative colitis, so I've had a few.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Poop thread.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#30]
I had my gastric bypass on the 12th of Jan.  The day prior to the surgery, the Dr's office made me drink a bottle of Mag Citrate.  I chugged the whole thing in front of my wife at 1600 hrs.  It was 2100 or so before I even had a fart.    The wife said that I'm going to have to request something stronger when I'm due for my boroscope in a couple of years.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oof, good luck, hopefully it's early and you get an easy-to-fix prognosis

My prep was the medium bottle of Miralax I think it was (the 200gram or whatever size bottle), with a couple of Dulcolax pills on top.  Drink half, take a couple pills I think. Wait 6-8 hours, drink the other half. To be honest I don't recall where in the timeline I had to take the pills. It honestly wasn't that bad, but stick near the toilet. I had to go after I got to the docs office (and apologized profusely for the mess since there's no volume of generic toilet paper that's going to clean you off after that), and they still took another 2 liters or so of fluid out of me when performing the check anyway

Good luck, hopefully it's not advanced in any way and they can pick it out cleanly!
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Could have just went to a Mexican restaurant.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#33]
I was told mix it with kool aid
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#34]
they said they put ya into lala land, so i figured i would at least be partially coherent-- but nope  
View Quote

You ARE partially awake- enough so to obey simple instructions like "Roll onto your side-"  but you don't remember it. The part of your brain that forms memories is anesthetized enough that it shuts down. This is why when someone gets seriously drunk, he's staggering around, behaving like an ass and talking and stuff, but doesn't remember going home from the party.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You ARE partially awake- enough so to obey simple instructions like "Roll onto your side-"  but you don't remember it. The part of your brain that forms memories is anesthetized enough that it shuts down. This is why when someone gets seriously drunk, he's staggering around, behaving like an ass and talking and stuff, but doesn't remember going home from the party.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

For you maybe...I was coherent through all of it. They did give me something to take the edge off, but not near enough to send me into that particular loop. I can tell you that the doc pointed out that I took my meds in the morning (I specifically asked about that and was told it's ok) - a couple of the larger pills hadn't digested fully yet, and he was able to see them on his scope/screen...and took glee in showing them to me when he saw them
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 3:13:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Prep is the worst part, procedure was nothing, honestly don't even remember it. I guess I was inappropriate because the nurse made a comment to my wife about it.
View Quote

LOL.  They gave me Versed for my first one.

The nurses looked at me v-e-r-y strangely when I came to in the recovery room.

Thank God for HIPAA
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 3:44:49 PM EDT
[#37]
The timing of this thread is helpful.

I have a consult on Wednesday.   I guess I'm past due for one.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#38]
I was given the pills for my prep. I ended up shaking so bad,  dry heaving and felt like I was freezing to death. My wife had her phone and was getting ready to call 911. I ended up canceling my procedure, no way I could take the 2nd dose of pills
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I have had two and the prep kits I was given were way different. First time around I had to drink a gallon+ of some nasty crap and spent most of the night before the procedure trying not to rocket off the toilet.

Second time around I drank a smallish bottle of some prep stuff (6 or 8 oz?), followed it with 10 oz of water , 20 minutes took a 15 minute crap and then set my alarm and got 4hr of sleep. some hours the alarm woke me and I repeated the procedure , slept another 3 hr or so and then went to the procedure that for me was a non event.

First prep procedure was a bit of a strain but neither was really all that bad.

My point of view comes from being 18 and getting to watch my mother loseing her battle with Colin cancer which I wouldn't wish on anybody .
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#40]
14 day serving of miralax in 3 hours doesn't taste bad. 1/2 gallon of this and you're clear.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:22:34 PM EDT
[#41]
This is is what they gave me. I think I mixed it with apple juice or something, wasn't bad at all.

Hoping the best for you OP. I lost a sibling last year after a 2 year fight with colon cancer. She didn't find out until it had reached stage 4, RIP.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I get annual because of a long history of UC.  Prep is by far the worst part.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#43]

Is that a licensed product?  Don't they need to call it the "Bigged Gamer" or something?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top