User Panel

Site Notices
RIP Chairborne (Page 8 of 9)
Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember the name. I don't recall chatting, but may he RIP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:01:11 AM EDT
[#4]
RIP
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:04:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
I really don’t understand what kind of asshole could say something to be banned from this thread. A member/member’s brother was murdered. Regardless of any private details we don’t even know a member/member’s brother should get our support. This is an embarrassing and sad thread through no fault of Beamy. RIP Chairborne.
View Quote

Well, apparently some of us are not allowed to criticize people who disparaged Chairborne because my comment got deleted, making me look like one of those assholes
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Must have got out of the chair more than we thought.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Wow sad to hear and I recall him around here often.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 10:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: scuba_steve] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:43:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#9]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:27:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Lexington:
Around November 2006, Ben Miller (Chairborne) posted a request on ARFCOM for some decorations for Christmas. He was in Iraq at the time and wanted a little flavor from home. We did not know each other but we enaged in some IMs and he told me what he and some of his team would like. He wrote:

Well we live on an Iraqi base, so our access to certain items is tough.  We like to get coffee (any kind, pre-ground preferably) drink mixes (the pre sweetened ones in little packets, we drink a lot of bottled water), books (any and all kinds), magazines (we only have 1 female, so mostly guy stuff, guns, cars, motorcycles, computers, that stuff), toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash. liquid soap).  It is coming up on the holidays and some holiday decorations of any kind would be awesome, we work with a ton of Iraqis so going light on the crosses might be a good idea though.    Some of the tiny little desktop trees would be cool, as would the little mini light kits or bulbs for them.  Other than that we are fairly comfortable here, thanks for anything you can send our way, the care packages really do mean a lot, especially around the holidays!  

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

In a separate message he wrote:

I asked our female what she needed and she said not much really, but she half jokingly asked for some fingernail polish.  She probably needs the accessories to go with it too (remover and cotton balls, that stuff).  She has a dark complexion so dark conservative colors will be best (I'd ask to wife/gf/sister etc to help pick it out, but I am hopeless with that stuff).  
     Cheers!
       Ben

I put together a nice care package that covered everything he asked for.

He gave me the names of 33 people in his unit because I wanted to address a card to each one, knowing service members like to get mail. I had my daughter's 4th grade class pick a name and write a letter to that person in the unit. Then we shipped the care package.

Ben sent back a picture of his hootch? hutch? digs? all decorated with the lights and ornaments, and he told about passing out the cards and the young lady's nail polish.

Well, a while later I received a packet with letters from most of the airmen, each addressed to their 4th grade patron. I took them to class and the teacher gave me the whole period to pass them out and let each child read out loud the letter they received. Man, I got teary eyed. The kids LOVED it.

Later, and completely unexpected, my family received the gift you see below. It is a personalized memento containing a flag that was flown aboard a C-130E on September 11, 2007. Personally from Ben Miller.

RIP Brother.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/30012/Chairborne_Flag-3204085.png
View Quote

👍🏻
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:37:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Godspeed Chairborn
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#12]

RIP
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Was he the poster with the C-130 avatar?
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:48:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Damn.  That's a crazy story.  Very sad.

RIP Chairborne.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#15]

One of the few that were left here that I really remember pretty well.  We were the same age and he entered the AF a couple months after I did.  He will be missed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Around November 2006, Ben Miller (Chairborne) posted a request on ARFCOM for some decorations for Christmas. He was in Iraq at the time and wanted a little flavor from home. We did not know each other but we enaged in some IMs and he told me what he and some of his team would like. He wrote:

Well we live on an Iraqi base, so our access to certain items is tough.  We like to get coffee (any kind, pre-ground preferably) drink mixes (the pre sweetened ones in little packets, we drink a lot of bottled water), books (any and all kinds), magazines (we only have 1 female, so mostly guy stuff, guns, cars, motorcycles, computers, that stuff), toiletries (toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash. liquid soap).  It is coming up on the holidays and some holiday decorations of any kind would be awesome, we work with a ton of Iraqis so going light on the crosses might be a good idea though.    Some of the tiny little desktop trees would be cool, as would the little mini light kits or bulbs for them.  Other than that we are fairly comfortable here, thanks for anything you can send our way, the care packages really do mean a lot, especially around the holidays!  

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

I asked our female what she needed and she said not much really, but she half jokingly asked for some fingernail polish.  She probably needs the accessories to go with it too (remover and cotton balls, that stuff).  She has a dark complexion so dark conservative colors will be best (I'd ask to wife/gf/sister etc to help pick it out, but I am hopeless with that stuff).  
     Cheers!
       Ben

He gave me the names of 33 people in his unit because I wanted to address a card to each one, knowing service members like to get mail. I had my daughter's 4th grade class pick a name and write a letter to that person in the unit. Then we shipped the care package.

Ben sent back a picture of his hootch? hutch? digs? all decorated with the lights and ornaments, and he told about passing out the cards and the young lady's nail polish.

Well, a while later I received a packet with letters from most of the airmen, each addressed to their 4th grade patron. I took them to class and the teacher gave me the whole period to pass them out and let each child read out loud the letter they received. Man, I got teary eyed. The kids LOVED it.

Later, and completely unexpected, my family received the gift you see below. It is a personalized memento containing a flag that was flown aboard a C-130E on September 11, 2007. Personally from Ben Miller.

RIP Brother.

View Quote
Awesome story, thank you for sharing.

RIP Ben
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:37:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
RIP, Chairborne.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:08:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:05:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By AJE:

You didn't get a warning or do anything wrong, the post that people were upset with was cleared.  Your response was cleared to keep the thread from turning into a bitch fest against that user, instead of focusing on our fallen member. ETA Sorry, I didn't realize scuba steve already answered this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AJE:
Originally Posted By inGobwetrust:
Originally Posted By pilatuspilot:
I really don’t understand what kind of asshole could say something to be banned from this thread. A member/member’s brother was murdered. Regardless of any private details we don’t even know a member/member’s brother should get our support. This is an embarrassing and sad thread through no fault of Beamy. RIP Chairborne.

Well, apparently some of us are not allowed to criticize people who disparaged Chairborne because my comment got deleted, making me look like one of those assholes

You didn't get a warning or do anything wrong, the post that people were upset with was cleared.  Your response was cleared to keep the thread from turning into a bitch fest against that user, instead of focusing on our fallen member. ETA Sorry, I didn't realize scuba steve already answered this.

Thanks for the reasonable explanation.  I’m sorry to have distracted from the thread.  I hate that this thread was necessary.  Chairborne was one of my favorite posters.  I will mis his insights.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:20:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By WILSON:
@scuba_steve:
I swear to God, I am close to deleting my bookmark for this place. I am just done explaining shit to people looking for conspiracies under every fucking rock.

Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:16:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh man, that’s horrible news.

He was a great poster, and will be missed.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#24]
That sucks. Getting offed by your old lady is a bad way to go. Whatever bullshit she’s spinning is probably just that. Watch your backs fellas, for those married to or dating straight up psychos.

RIP Chairborn
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:09:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By JohnnyLoco:
That sucks. Getting offed by your old lady is a bad way to go. Whatever bullshit she’s spinning is probably just that. Watch your backs fellas, for those married to or dating straight up psychos.

RIP Chairborn
View Quote

Definitely!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:48:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AJE] [#26]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:04:30 AM EDT
[#27]

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

View Quote

That’s an awesome story.  We need more of this and less bullshit in this thread.  

RIP Chairborne.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

That's an awesome story.  We need more of this and less bullshit in this thread.  

RIP Chairborne.  

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jollyg83:

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

That's an awesome story.  We need more of this and less bullshit in this thread.  

RIP Chairborne.  

Amen!

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#29]

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

View Quote

Thank you for sharing that.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope this post is a wake up call for any of you that are living with a volatile and irrationally angry woman. It’s not going to get any better.

50 years old is way too young. He had a lot of good years left. If you’re in a relationship like this, you’ll be fine even if the bitch takes half your stuff.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:05:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Emeoba69:
View Quote

His avatar is posted on page 1 about 4 or 5 posts down from the top
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:17:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WILSON] [#33]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Sad news!

I only met Ben in person once but we were friends on Facebook. We hit some trails on Glade Top back in 2021. He in his Land Cruiser and me in my 4Runner.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:31:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Always liked his avatar. Phantoms Phorever.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 1:56:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Soju] [#36]
An update on Chairborne’s murder;

- His murderer was released on bail (250k)

- His murderer and her children have changed their story from Ben being caught cheating (which we now know was a lie), to Ben being abusive (which seems to be a lie as well), to Ben having PTSD, an alcoholic, and on medicine from the VA that made him have erratic behavior. (Also a lie as far as we know) In my opinion, the idea to use Ben’s veteran status against him likely came from their lawyer, since it was never mentioned in earlier conversations.

- The investigators have not interviewed any of Ben’s family or friends, as far as we know. If anyone here who had in-person interactions with Ben would be willing to provide a character statement it would be greatly appreciated.

I created a Facebook group for Ben’s friends and family after his murderer and/or her children accessed his Facebook and stated they intended to take it down to prevent any of his Facebook friends from speaking with his family. This is the link if anyone here would like to join, just put my username as the person who invited you.

Edit* Facebook link is posted in the GD thread
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 3:36:34 PM EDT
[#37]
RIP

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Soju:
An update on Chairborne’s murder;

- His murderer was released on bail (250k)

- His murderer and her children have changed their story from Ben being caught cheating (which we now know was a lie), to Ben being abusive (which seems to be a lie as well), to Ben having PTSD, an alcoholic, and on medicine from the VA that made him have erratic behavior. (Also a lie as far as we know) In my opinion, the idea to use Ben’s veteran status against him likely came from their lawyer, since it was never mentioned in earlier conversations.

- The investigators have not interviewed any of Ben’s family or friends, as far as we know. If anyone here who had in-person interactions with Ben would be willing to provide a character statement it would be greatly appreciated.

I created a Facebook group for Ben’s friends and family after his murderer and/or her children accessed his Facebook and stated they intended to take it down to prevent any of his Facebook friends from speaking with his family. This is the link if anyone here would like to join, just put my username as the person who invited you.

Edit* Facebook link appears to be broken, group can be found by searching for the name “Justice for Ben Miller”.
View Quote

Thank you for that update.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#40]

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

View Quote
Damn dusty in here...

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

View Quote

Thank you for supporting the troops with your time and treasure.

And thank you for sharing that with us. What a cool story.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:28:12 AM EDT
[#43]

TSgt Ben Miller
447AEG/CAFTT
APO AE 09321

Cheers!
       Ben

RIP Brother.

View Quote

Thank you for supporting the troops with your time and treasure.

And thank you for sharing that with us. What a cool story.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:29:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
When he left our AO, I bought his T-bird for my younger son to take to Arizona. He gave my wife many of the items with which she  had decorated his place in Spanaway. I still have the wine racks. I still have the t shirts he sent me from Iraq, too.
I just remembered a tidbit. I was never a wine fancier, but, Ben would drag me to the Class Six and implore me to try German stuff, anything German. I bought one bottle of Jakob Demmer Spatlese. Shit, by the end of that year, I had bought all the JDS they had imported. Several cases of it went past my lips and Ben's. We also  shared a passion for Costco cake with extra layers of buttercream frosting. Whodathunk?
View Quote

Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:

First guy I talked to knew Ben for ten years.

I air-dropped him both links and he’s passing it to the AF mafia.
He called a couple of guys and no one knew about it.
View All Quotes
Damn it
I ‘ll show my retired AF E-8/9 coworkers in case they knew him.

@BoneB1B Would you mind reaching out to your contacts again and letting them know about the Facebook group, or put me in touch with them somehow?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 7:58:34 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
Ben and I went shooting a lot, years ago. We spent a lot of time together as well. My (then-)wife decorated his place and we had him over to dinner many times.  He was an odd duck, to say the least. But, I like my friends interesting. Way too many stories to tell here. Godspeed,  young man.
View Quote

@bobbitybobbity please join the Facebook group if you haven't already. Ben's family would love to hear some of those stories if you would be inclined to share them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By drobs:
Sad news!

I only met Ben in person once but we were friends on Facebook. We hit some trails on Glade Top back in 2021. He in his Land Cruiser and me in my 4Runner.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41568/Ben_Jamin_ARF_RIP_jpg-3219810.JPG
View Quote

PM sent
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#49]
That is a sad ending for a good member here.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 6:24:18 PM EDT
[#50]

@BoneB1B Would you mind reaching out to your contacts again and letting them know about the Facebook group, or put me in touch with them somehow?
View All Quotes
Damn it
I ‘ll show my retired AF E-8/9 coworkers in case they knew him.

@Soju

Absolutely.
I’ll check in with a guy tomorrow if he’s in. I’ll get him this week.
Can you repost the Facebook page or IM it to me?
Page / 9
RIP Chairborne (Page 8 of 9)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top