Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 236
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#1]
For one, he's too young and inexperienced to be running anything other than some basic pistol courses, and I think the NRA doesn't like certified instructors fraudulently representing their credentials.

For those of us who were raised on ranges and deployments, running a range comes naturally, especially when you paid attention to the details of safety, planning, preparing, instructing, MEDEVAC coordinations in advance, range commands, techniques, teamwork among the instructors and division of labor, range set-up, target considerations, managing shooters, etc.

That's basic stuff for an NCO in an Infantry and especially a SOF unit. For someone to come off the street and want to ride the coattails of accomplished instructors, most of whom are in their 40's or older, who have careers of military, LE, and competitive experience behind them from youth through middle age, there's no real way to jump that learning curve and compact all the lessons learned from other people's successes and mistakes into 2 years or x hours of training with those instructors.

What you see as a product in terms of training from the student perspective is only the tip of the iceberg left over from a lot of planning, coordination, and experience. Before this dustup, it was painfully clear that Cory had none of the above.  Just looking at his perfectly clean MC kit told you right off the bat that he's the equivalent of an airsofter gone live.

Would you honestly pay hundreds of dollars to be trained by a child?  This bit about being an 11B but not really takes it to a different level.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JSharp:

She's most defiantly not guilty. However, if I posted pics of her here she likely would be guilty of whatever terrible happened to me.

So NO. Sorry...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScottS:
After skimming all 58 pages I have some observations.

Background - I teach some basic self defense classes. Nothing high speed low drag, just basic self defense with a handgun and the Illinois law surrounding our CCW license.
I've never been in the military, no police training etc. NRA certified, trained with some decent trainers and enjoy passing that on to people.

I have an assistant instructor that's a young woman, an old friend of the family. She's every bit as hot as Erika. More so IMO. She's also certified and been though the same schools as I have. She's a good instructor and likes teaching people to shoot.

If I told her to show up for class in Daisy Dukes and a tight tank top she'd laugh at me, then ignore me. If I told her it was because we were going to make YouTube videos she'd tell me to kiss her ass. If I asked her to go online and beg money for our business wearing few clothes she'd ignore me again and probably quit.

Draw your own conclusions...

We really don't have enough data to draw a conclusion.  I think a number of pictures would help us evaluate the data before reaching a conclusion.

She's most defiantly not guilty. However, if I posted pics of her here she likely would be guilty of whatever terrible happened to me.

So NO. Sorry...

I thought the whole "Look at my ass Damnit !" factor was so obvious and over the top from the beginning that it didn't need to be explained. But then again when that's all you have to go on, that's what you sell. She is the Kim Kardashian of the YouTube gun community.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By LRRPF52:
For one, he's too young and inexperienced to be running anything other than some basic pistol courses, and I think the NRA doesn't like certified instructors fraudulently representing their credentials.

For those of us who were raised on ranges and deployments, running a range comes naturally, especially when you paid attention to the details of safety, planning, preparing, instructing, MEDEVAC coordinations in advance, range commands, techniques, teamwork among the instructors and division of labor, range set-up, target considerations, managing shooters, etc.

That's basic stuff for an NCO in an Infantry and especially a SOF unit. For someone to come off the street and want to ride the coattails of accomplished instructors, most of whom are in their 40's or older, who have careers of military, LE, and competitive experience behind them from youth through middle age, there's no real way to jump that learning curve and compact all the lessons learned from other people's successes and mistakes into 2 years or x hours of training with those instructors.

What you see as a product in terms of training from the student perspective is only the tip of the iceberg left over from a lot of planning, coordination, and experience. Before this dustup, it was painfully clear that Cory had none of the above.  Just looking at his perfectly clean MC kit told you right off the bat that he's the equivalent of an airsofter gone live.

Would you honestly pay hundreds of dollars to be trained by a child?  This bit about being an 11B but not really takes it to a different level.
View Quote

Well put Sir.

Very well put.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm marinating on page 59
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bettendorf:
I'm marinating on page 59
View Quote

Marinate then reverse the process to the holster bro
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Background - I teach some basic self defense classes. Nothing high speed low drag, just basic self defense with a handgun and the Illinois law surrounding our CCW license.
I've never been in the military, no police training etc. NRA certified, trained with some decent trainers and enjoy passing that on to people.

I have an assistant instructor that's a young woman, an old friend of the family. She's every bit as hot as Erika. More so IMO. She's also certified and been though the same schools as I have. She's a good instructor and likes teaching people to shoot.

If I told her to show up for class in Daisy Dukes and a tight tank top she'd laugh at me, then ignore me. If I told her it was because we were going to make YouTube videos she'd tell me to kiss her ass. If I asked her to go online and beg money for our business wearing few clothes she'd ignore me again and probably quit.

View Quote

Obviously your assistant instructor is not in love with you.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Marinate in John Willis's shower
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Wespe:

Not an inkie hater, but what a dumbass going to a hearing with short sleeves when you are covered in tatoos.  Like it or not, people still make judgements about people and their tats.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Wespe:
Originally Posted By Rev_FNG:
Here is the report about the denial for the re-zone of the range.

http://wthitv.com/2014/08/06/tempers-flare-at-planning-meeting/

Not an inkie hater, but what a dumbass going to a hearing with short sleeves when you are covered in tatoos.  Like it or not, people still make judgements about people and their tats.

+1

I would have been in a jacket and tie and Erika should have been in a dress with her hair up.

I have been to MANY commission/council meetings and they do pay attention.

JMO
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:54:02 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigeasySnow:
Originally Posted By RJTCCW:
Originally Posted By USCG_CPO:
So far page 57 is boring so I am walking out of here for now.

http://i.imgur.com/cfhrM6O.gif

Mod's, I never posted a gif so if that is too much let me know.

Ummmm... Pigeon Toed....

http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/295/b/3/pigeon_toad_by_jojoteddy4-d5in523.jpg

Almost!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:57:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Has anyone figured out what the 2nd largest training channel in the world is?

I am assuming public schooling is number 1.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:58:52 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Clearly. That and her desire to actually teach people to shoot instead of attention whore on YouTube for money...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By baitdragger:

View Quote

Khan Academy?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Clearly. That and her desire to actually teach people to shoot instead of attention whore on YouTube for money...
View All Quotes

*Two Thumbs Up*
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MMcCall:

Khan Academy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MMcCall:
Originally Posted By baitdragger:

Khan Academy?

Common Core?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:09:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Come on folks, let's push a little harder and 100 can be had.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:13:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: seejay3558] [#16]
In till 100!

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:16:12 PM EDT
[#17]
100 will be mine
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:16:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By seejay3558:
In till 100!

View Quote

I will be there!  Cory will too so he can explain his military backgro.....hnnnnnnnnngggggggg.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone catch this little gem, in the comments section of the range rezoning story?

"Did Cory Jackson ever clear up the arrest for going AWOL at Ft. Benning?

4  •Reply•Share › "
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:20:28 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Bring forth the Clowns!...errrr trolls, yes.. Bring forth the Trolls!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

It's for the children dont'cha know.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#23]
I believe in page 60. I believe it can happen.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:30:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:31:40 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

He should grow an operator beard, get some sleeves and steal some valor!
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:33:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H46Driver] [#28]
Originally Posted By redseven11b:

The green ID is the one given to basic training recruits.  You get a different ID when you finish your training and go to a regular unit.  For him to say he was in the army a year after basic, yet still with his basic ID, proved to vets and military alike that he was full of shit.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seiran:
Hmm. Plot thickens. And what's the deal with asking about "the pink"?

The green ID is the one given to basic training recruits.  You get a different ID when you finish your training and go to a regular unit.  For him to say he was in the army a year after basic, yet still with his basic ID, proved to vets and military alike that he was full of shit.

When did CAC issue begin?  Those green ID cards used to be the ID cards issued to active duty...

Pretty sure I was using a green ID card when I deployed for OEF.  I remember because I had a squadron sticker to one side of my photo and a ship's sticker on the other side.  I don't think CAC issue started until 2006 or so.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:37:08 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

At that rate I will never make Tier One Operator Instructor Classification.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:38:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By H46Driver:

When did CAC issue begin?  Those green ID cards used to be the ID cards issued to active duty...

Pretty sure I was using a green ID card when I deployed for OEF.  I remember because I had a squadron sticker to one side of my photo and a ship's sticker on the other side.  I don't think CAC issue started until 2006 or so.
View All Quotes

I know in 2005 they were issuing white CAC cards as soon as you got to your duty station from basic.  I remember it distinctly because everyone would pull out their cards and say, "suck my CAC" to the guy from Boston.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 30calTBLkid:

I see you're one of those ignorant liberal motherfuckers who try to change the meaning of words because they sound a little harsh. Words have meaning, don't be scared. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.
Even a bastard can still be a successful person, most likely by not copy catting the fuck who didn't marry his mom.
Other famous bastards off the top of my head include your favorite President, Barrack Husain Obama, and Generalismo el Presidente Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, the self-proclaimed "Napoleon of the West", formerly of Mexico.
So see? There's hope for the little tike after all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By glockO:

The way you have chosen to use words show your contempt for this guy, so bringing his kid into the mix proves to be classless at best.
You're using his child in a weak attempt to prove what?
Why would anyone assume a child will learn anything from this?

I see you're one of those ignorant liberal motherfuckers who try to change the meaning of words because they sound a little harsh. Words have meaning, don't be scared. A child born out of wedlock is a bastard.
Even a bastard can still be a successful person, most likely by not copy catting the fuck who didn't marry his mom.
Other famous bastards off the top of my head include your favorite President, Barrack Husain Obama, and Generalismo el Presidente Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, the self-proclaimed "Napoleon of the West", formerly of Mexico.

Ahem!

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#32]
View All Quotes

The way you have chosen to use words show your contempt for this guy, so bringing his kid into the mix proves to be classless at best.

Ahem!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Bayeuxtapestryodowilliamrobert.jpg

Jesus Christ!  You're stitchery is incredible
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:45:21 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Meh, get both. T&A and sound information aren't mutually exclusive. I look like a bimbo and I even have a lisp that makes me sound semi-retarded, but as long as I don't over-reach I can make myself useful to people who know even less than I do. Sex sells, as long as you're not selling bad stuff, what's the harm?
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:51:53 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

Now I'm an 'Ignorant Liberal'...you're funny.

Your motives are not as innocent as you're implying, I interpreted it as your pushing the limit, hoping to draw out some emotional reaction from a Dad or Mom possibly lurking.

If not, then I apologize, but it makes you look weak-minded when you have to use a kid for leverage to prove your point.

"Come clean Cory!" would be enough...

"Liberal"...that's a good one.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#37]

View All Quotes

Did someone say "bastard?"

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:53:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:54:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Meh, get both. T&A and sound information aren't mutually exclusive. I look like a bimbo and I even have a lisp that makes me sound semi-retarded, but as long as I don't over-reach I can make myself useful to people who know even less than I do. Sex sells, as long as you're not selling bad stuff, what's the harm?
View All Quotes

Pics aren't loading...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:57:43 PM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

I got out Dec 02 and we were still with Green ID cards.

Funny story, I used to wrap a 1 dollar bill around it so GW was where my picture was.... I got on base many a time. Only once did a gate guard actually stop me because if it...
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Ahem!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/95/Bayeuxtapestryodowilliamrobert.jpg

That's Queen Matilda's work (or rather her ladies' in waiting).  It's much bigger than anything I would take on. I limit myself to little things, like morale patches.

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:02:37 PM EDT
[#44]

That's Queen Matilda's work (or rather her ladies' in waiting).  It's much bigger than anything I would take on. I limit myself to little things, like morale patches.

http://i59.tinypic.com/53s60m.jpg

View All Quotes

Ahem!

http://i59.tinypic.com/53s60m.jpg

Better than what I could ever do.  I only sewed the giant tear in the crotch of all my ACU's while I was in.  I think everyone had to sew those fucking pants.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Me too.  It's a curse, isn't it?  ::sigh::
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:

Me too.  It's a curse, isn't it?  ::sigh::

Our lives are soooo hard.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:03:56 PM EDT
[#47]

Go ahead and fill me in on my motives, Sally.
View All Quotes

Now I'm an 'Ignorant Liberal'...you're funny.

Your motives are not as innocent as you're implying, I interpreted it as your pushing the limit, hoping to draw out some emotional reaction from a Dad or Mom possibly lurking.

If not, then I apologize, but it makes you look weak-minded when you have to use a kid for leverage to prove your point.

"Come clean Cory!" would be enough...

"Liberal"...that's a good one.

Go ahead and fill me in on my motives, Sally.
I think I clearly stated what I thought your motives were, so should I call you a name now?

Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#48]

I heard that guy went AWOL before Hastings...
View All Quotes

Ahem!

I heard that guy went AWOL before Hastings...

Nuh uh. I totally saw his DD deux cent quatorze.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:

Pics aren't loading...
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mr_Smiley:

Pics aren't loading...

Just picture a slim, young Beth Chapman.
Link Posted: 8/15/2014 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By johnh57:
When does 11b get attached to your status, in basic, or after graduating basic?
View Quote

He was never 11b if he AWOLed from reception.
His MOS would have been 11x.

Just more lies.
Page / 236
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top