BCM
User Panel

Page / 5117
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:
Range report.....I suck......

My meds give me the shakes, I didn’t think it was that bad, I found out how bad it is....

Secondly If found out I suck at putting in the roll pin for the bolt catch. It let me know in the first 5 rounds. Not sure where it went but it and my rifle parted ways....
View Quote

Ooof. If you don't have a spare handy shoot me a PM. I might have some spares - have to check.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#2]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
She royally fucked up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By m35ben:
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

Yup meant to deploy Taser.
She royally fucked up.

It was for sure a royal fuck up but there was an educational video that would have prevented this.....

Chris Rock PSA - How Not To Get Your A** Kicked By The Police

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:27:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#3]
Originally Posted By GlockWrench:

Ooof. If you don't have a spare handy shoot me a PM. I might have some spares - have to check.
View Quote

I should have a few spares, I tried to buy like at least two of everything for each rifle (except the bolts, $$$, but working on that).  I for sure have the spring but the actual pin, not sure yet but I would be shocked if I didn't.  It isn't something I expected to happen either though. I must have smushed it a bit too much, I was getting worried I would bust the lower after my attempts without doing it.  I love "roll pins" that use an allen wrench to put in.  Unfortunately with the type lower I have that's not an option...

ETA...
I purchased most things when removing/cleaning/etc would "fly across the room" into the abyss.....

ETA2

Well I totally forgot the differences.  This was my .308 and it used the allen screw.  I did not put any type of Loctite on it.  Is is normal for it to come out, I do not have a spare....

So Ooof for being an idiot, you can guess being an armor without any instruction wasn't my MOS.....

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:28:54 PM EDT
[#4]

ouch lol
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:31:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By kbi:

ouch lol
View Quote

That was a pretty big rock, didn't go far after that though.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:39:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I lole’d.

Then I WTF? At that non binary looking skinny white thing forming a one man line to stop the police!
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]

I should have a few spares, I tried to buy like at least two of everything for each rifle (except the bolts, $$$, but working on that).  I for sure have the spring but the actual pin, not sure yet but I would be shocked if I didn't.  It isn't something I expected to happen either though.  I must have smushed it a bit too much, I was getting worried I would bust the lower after my attempts without doing it.  I love "roll pins" that use an allen wrench to put in.  Unfortunately with the type lower I have that's not an option...

ETA...
I purchased most things when removing/cleaning/etc would "fly across the room" into the abyss.....

View All Quotes

I should have a few spares, I tried to buy like at least two of everything for each rifle (except the bolts, $$$, but working on that).  I for sure have the spring but the actual pin, not sure yet but I would be shocked if I didn't.  It isn't something I expected to happen either though.  I must have smushed it a bit too much, I was getting worried I would bust the lower after my attempts without doing it.  I love "roll pins" that use an allen wrench to put in.  Unfortunately with the type lower I have that's not an option...

ETA...

I usually have spares of everything on hand, except I didnt have a spare bolt plunger and spring when I tore down my s&w 637 and the bastard shot across the room into the abys... that'l learn ya.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#8]

My meds give me the shakes, I didn't think it was that bad, I found out how bad it is....

Secondly If found out I suck at putting in the roll pin for the bolt catch. It let me know in the first 5 rounds. Not sure where it went but it and my rifle parted ways....
View Quote

lol.   I'm sorry.  that struck me as funny.   Hope you find your pin.   Also, get closer. ?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:08:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#9]
Originally Posted By Hollywood_Shooter:

lol.   I'm sorry.  that struck me as funny.   Hope you find your pin.   Also, get closer. ?
View Quote

Nope pin is gone, looked for at the range but no banana......  Ah learning experience, I will have to totally change the way I shoot a pistol.  I became accustom to having my arms 95-100% extended.  It always worked for me better even though its not exactly what is the preferred method.  With my arms so far extended my shakes become exponentially worse.  This will take some training to get over.  

As a note this is the first time either gun was fired.  I hope the picture is big enough to see where I hit.  This is also the first time I had used my Sordin Xtreme pro X hearing protection.  I guess I played with them at home to make sure the batteries were working.  I guess I didn't turn them off and when I got to the range turned them off instead of on.  Not sure if it would have been a better experience with them on or for hearing protection or they only give you the ability to hear someone else if they were talking to you.  Nobody else was there to talk to really.

Targets are below; left target is rifle at 25 yards (longest this range is).  I yanked the one and knew it when I did it.  I packed up and left after my missing bolt catch pin.  My goal was to sight it in but knowing I shouldn't take another shot just left it where it was.  The right is pistol.  I fired at the center for the first 5 shots using my red dot at around 10 yards (the range is not marked at all).  Not sure if the two about 6 inches below with the ? is part of this group but assume so.  First time I fired a pistol in 4 years.  The next group was at around 15 yards with a red dot, this is low and circled.  The next group was at the same distance using the sights....uh I gots nuffin .  I only see two shots and they are way low.  The next was a group of 4 at around 10 yards with the red dot on the upper left, the lower left was a group at the same distance without the laser.  I will also note the first time I fired a rifle with a scope, doubt that matters but its....different.  When I get used figure it should be a no brainer.  The ability to zoom in or out makes it a requirement.  

ETA
Rifle, LaRue .308 with scope
Pistol, CZ P-01 Omega with surefire XC2-A-IRC

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Mayor of Minneapolis just called a State of Emergency and called a 7pm CST curfew over the Duante Wright shooting...........Will the burning start tonight ?..........................
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]

I usually have spares of everything on hand, except I didnt have a spare bolt plunger and spring when I tore down my s&w 637 and the bastard shot across the room into the abys... that'l learn ya.
View Quote

I edited my post, it was an allen pin...no spares....

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:38:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chicken_rider] [#12]

Nope pin is gone, looked for at the range but no banana......  Ah learning experience, I will have to totally change the way I shoot a pistol.  I became accustom to having my arms 95-100% extended.  It always worked for me better even though its not exactly what is the preferred method.  With my arms so far extended my shakes become exponentially worse.  This will take some training to get over.  

As a note this is the first time either gun was fired.  I hope the picture is big enough to see where I hit.  This is also the first time I had used my Sordin Xtreme pro X hearing protection.  I guess I played with them at home to make sure the batteries were working.  I guess I didn't turn them off and when I got to the range turned them off instead of on.  Not sure if it would have been a better experience with them on or for hearing protection or they only give you the ability to hear someone else if they were talking to you.  Nobody else was there to talk to really.

Targets are below; left target is rifle at 25 yards (longest this range is).  I yanked the one and knew it when I did it.  I packed up and left after my missing bolt catch pin.  My goal was to sight it in but knowing I shouldn't take another shot just left it where it was.  The right is pistol.  I fired at the center for the first 5 shots using my red dot at around 10 yards (the range is not marked at all).  Not sure if the two about 6 inches below with the ? is part of this group but assume so.  First time I fired a pistol in 4 years.  The next group was at around 15 yards with a red dot, this is low and circled.  The next group was at the same distance using the sights....uh I gots nuffin .  I only see two shots and they are way low.  The next was a group of 4 at around 10 yards with the red dot on the upper left, the lower left was a group at the same distance without the laser.  

ETA

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476040/C0CFA401-B5E5-4AEE-83C9-B69F494A9260-1902191.jpg
View Quote

every time get to go i quote war dogs (cant find a gif) when there at the range "at least i hit something"
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:41:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By chicken_rider:

every time get to go i quote war dogs (cant find a gif) when there at the range "at least i hit something"
View Quote

Yeah and I didn't get kicked off either, range rules if you hit the target holders....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Riot Squad, Please post any live links you turn up to any protests/riots tonight.............Thank you.................
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:53:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#15]

I edited my post, it was an allen pin...no spares....

View Quote

Went to brownells, unless I can use the Areo AR-15 M4E1 pin I do not see the AR-10 allen pin listed.  Maybe my search fu sucks but in this case....

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By cody22:
Riot Squad, Please post any live links you turn up to any protests/riots tonight.............Thank you.................
View Quote

Many of the youtube links posted yesterday are no longer good.  The media removal efforts is in full effect, how many looters will get away with the bullshit now.  Hope someone got a copy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#17]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Yeah and I didn't get kicked off either, range rules if you hit the target holders....
View Quote

I always bring identical spring clips as the ones the range uses. I have shot a few.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:34:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hollywood_Shooter] [#18]

Targets are below; left target is rifle at 25 yards (longest this range is).  I yanked the one and knew it when I did it.  I packed up and left after my missing bolt catch pin.  My goal was to sight it in but knowing I shouldn't take another shot just left it where it was.  The right is pistol.  I fired at the center for the first 5 shots using my red dot at around 10 yards (the range is not marked at all).  Not sure if the two about 6 inches below with the ? is part of this group but assume so.  First time I fired a pistol in 4 years.  The next group was at around 15 yards with a red dot, this is low and circled.  The next group was at the same distance using the sights....uh I gots nuffin .  I only see two shots and they are way low.  The next was a group of 4 at around 10 yards with the red dot on the upper left, the lower left was a group at the same distance without the laser.  I will also note the first time I fired a rifle with a scope, doubt that matters but its....different.  When I get used figure it should be a no brainer.  The ability to zoom in or out makes it a requirement.  

ETA

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/476040/C0CFA401-B5E5-4AEE-83C9-B69F494A9260-1902191.jpg
View Quote

Pins are cheap, as you know.   I push-out and lock out harder now than ever --- trying to be really consistent in my pistol presentation to go faster, so -- yeah.    Which pistol is this?  (eta:  ok  - so it's already a light weight.  huh.  maybe the other way?  would you be any steadier with a heavier gun?  Probs not. )   Would it be any better with a lighter weight pistol? Or more forearm exercise?  

Rifle looks good....come right obviously.  

Pistol -- wwwwwwwwwwell.....having not shot one in 4 years, it's a perishable skill -- look at it like this -- you might have shanked a few - but worse case scenario, you're still combat effective.   Balls count.   Maybe set-up a witness cam if you can and if you can't visibly see your impacts as they happen at least maybe you can call them out audibly?   In that first-5 were you slow fire or rapid?  Because the 2 together with the ?  could have been a nice double tap...mmmmmmmaybe.  

I think you're being too hard on yourself, Mr. Wick.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#19]

ETA

View Quote

When we make plans, God laughs.  Look at it this way, you may be getting all of your bad luck out of the way before CW. There is a chance your survival odds will go up, if that is true.  

Sorry for your troubles, dude.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#20]
Originally Posted By zach_:

I always bring identical spring clips as the ones the range uses. I have shot a few.
View Quote

Yeah, I had to buy a membership to shoot there....  First time I walked in the range period.  Now I know how it works but they specify no head shots, you could hit the wheel the cable wraps around at the end of the range would be my guess.  I would have been to a range sooner but the range I would have used burned down 2 years ago.  The city will not let them rebuild.  Some asshat used tracer rounds indoors.....

This is the closest location that I can get a membership to on the spot within 30 miles from my current home (everything else is 9 month wait list or longer).  This range is also on the way to & from my lot I hope to build on and work.  So eventually not out of the way at all.  Complete indoor range, any pistol round is GTG.  .308 rifle and below is GTG, anything above that requires them to look at it first.....I am going to guess 50 BMG is not on the table....  Membership is $125 a year.  I got 10% off for being a retired veteran but usually only give active duty the discount but it is $25 bucks.  You must use their targets and they cost a buck each, they have like 25 different styles to choose from though.  Obviously only FMJ or ballistic tipped rifle rounds, no AP, tracer or other cool stuff is allowed.  I would put a just because rules suck but totally get it after the range 3 miles from my house went up in flames....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#21]

Yeah, I had to buy a membership to shoot there....  First time I walked in the range period.  Now I know how it works but they specify no head shots, you could hit the wheel the cable wraps around at the end of the range would be my guess.  I would have been to a range sooner but the range I would have used burned down 2 years ago.  The city will not let them rebuild.  Some asshat used tracer rounds indoors.....

This is the closest location that I can get a membership to on the spot within 30 miles from my current home (everything else is 9 month wait list or longer).  This range is also on the way to & from my lot I hope to build on and work.  So eventually not out of the way at all.  Complete indoor range, any pistol round is GTG.  .308 rifle and below is GTG, anything above that requires them to look at it first.....I am going to guess 50 BMG is not on the table....  Membership is $125 a year.  I got 10% off for being a retired veteran but usually only give active duty the discount but it is $25 bucks.  You must use their targets and they cost a buck each, they have like 25 different styles to choose from though.  Obviously only FMJ or ballistic tipped rifle rounds, no AP, tracer or other cool stuff is allowed.  I would put a just for the rules but totally get it after the range 3 miles from my house went up in flames....
View Quote

I shot a guys wind flag once.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:39:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#22]

Pins are cheap, as you know.   I push-out and lock out harder now than ever --- trying to be really consistent in my pistol presentation to go faster, so -- yeah.    Which pistol is this?  (eta:  ok  - so it's already a light weight.  huh.  maybe the other way?  would you be any steadier with a heavier gun?  Probs not. )   Would it be any better with a lighter weight pistol? Or more forearm exercise?  

Pistol -- wwwwwwwwwwell.....having not shot one in 4 years, it's a perishable skill -- look at it like this -- you might have shanked a few - but worse case scenario, you're still combat effective.   Balls count.   Maybe set-up a witness cam if you can and if you can't visibly see your impacts as they happen at least maybe you can call them out audibly?   In that first-5 were you slow fire or rapid?  Because the 2 together with the ?  could have been a nice double tap...mmmmmmmaybe.  

View Quote

Everything was pretty much slow fire but it could have been a double tap on the first two rounds.  I didn't pre-cock the hammer and the first pull was a DA followed up with a SA.....

ETA

I guess my pistol experience I used to fire at 25 yards and get usually 7 and above with usually one or two WTF was that shots (always hit paper though).  At 15 yards I just didn't see me doing that bad, but as you say it is a perishable skill.  From my 2017 pistol shooting the previous events were in the late 90's and year 2000 on the battalion shooting team.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#23]
Originally Posted By Cecenrse:

When we make plans, God laughs.  Look at it this way, you may be getting all of your bad luck out of the way before CW. There is a chance your survival odds will go up, if that is true.  

Sorry for your troubles, dude.
View Quote

This was done specifically for this reason.....

I still plan to suck ass at CW.  I mean after it takes me 3 hours to get to the range I will be dead tired and full of sugar.  Only God knows how much shaking I will do at this point.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:52:56 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

Are you trying to tell me something.......

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Nicodemus7:
I lole’d.

Then I WTF? At that non binary looking skinny white thing forming a one man line to stop the police!
View Quote

needed more hickory shampoo

liberally applied
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:56:52 PM EDT
[#26]

I shot a guys wind flag once.  
View Quote

Was this an attempt for a moving target or something else.....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Call Aero in the AM and see if they are one and the same for the enhanced ar 15 and 10 lowers. I believe they have spares on their website but may just send you one if you ask nice.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:03:15 PM EDT
[#28]

My meds give me the shakes, I didn’t think it was that bad, I found out how bad it is....

View Quote

Range report... tried out my new M4-2000 on my 10.5" AR with AAC Brakeout muzzle device.

First... AAC Brakeout on that length barrel produces an amazing fireball and echoing report that got everyone's attention inside the indoor range across all three indoor bays.

Second... M4-2000 brings it down amazingly to a very tolerable report.

Third... Armageddon Gear "Hot Pocket" works super for removing the suppressor after cooldown and for storage in a rifle case.

I was smiling.  Now I want to suppress all the things.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:09:35 PM EDT
[#29]

The media sucks...

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By HBAR16:

Range report... tried out my new M4-2000 on my 10.5" AR with AAC Brakeout muzzle device.

First... AAC Brakeout on that length barrel produces an amazing fireball and echoing report that got everyone's attention inside the indoor range across all three indoor bays.

Third... Armageddon Gear "Hot Pocket" works super for removing the suppressor after cooldown and for storage in a rifle case.

View Quote

I am jelly of the can.  At this point I will wait for the US to fall apart and go raid junk yards for oil filters....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:12:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Call Aero in the AM and see if they are one and the same for the enhanced ar 15 and 10 lowers. I believe they have spares on their website but may just send you one if you ask nice.
View Quote

If they are the same I could get them directly from brownells.  Its the only allen bolt catch pin I could find on the site.  If they have them somewhere else I didn't see it.

At this point I will order 87 just to be safe....because this sucks...I have a friend here that said he has a complete lower kit from CMMG.  Hate to raid an entire kit for one roll pin though.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Buzz69:

The media sucks...

View Quote

well since the chief says there was a riot and the reporter says otherwise

a lil baton round to the reporter next time there isnt a riot sounds good

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:19:04 PM EDT
[#33]

I am jelly of the can.  At this point I will wait for the US to fall apart and go raid junk yards for oil filters....
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HBAR16:

Aac 762sd

Aac prodigy

Yhm turbo t2

Sikencerco sparrow

That's all I got

The ruger 22 with subs is quite as a mfr
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:20:24 PM EDT
[#34]

https://i.imgur.com/L1dzPiK.gif

View Quote

That video

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

The media sucks...

Glorious
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By New2AR15s:

That video

View Quote

Glorious
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#37]

That's in the top 10....
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:43:26 PM EDT
[#38]
"Frozen cans of pop"

That doesn't sound like something most people would just have in the freezer.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:44:01 PM EDT
[#39]
austin zone is up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy-hvLphvBw
portland andy is but just bull shitting right now
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:49:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Lost-Drive-In:
"Frozen cans of pop"

That doesn't sound like something most people would just have in the freezer.

View Quote

i may have forgetten once or 5 times over the years to take out a can after i siad to myself no more then 30 minutes
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#41]

The media sucks...

View Quote
It seems as if the press thinks its okay to hit a police officer with a brick so long as they are guarding the political elite.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:04:50 PM EDT
[#42]
austin zone is up
View Quote

Thank you for the link......Look at the size of that Police Station wire fence that went up today !............
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Cops are coming out from behind the wire..........This is gonna cook off early tonight.................
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Nicodemus7:
I lole’d.

View Quote

The biggest wtf was not smashing him jn the face with the batton.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:18:54 PM EDT
[#45]

i may have forgetten once or 5 times over the years to take out a can after i siad to myself no more then 30 minutes
View Quote

Oops....

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:19:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Cops are coming out from behind the wire..........This is gonna cook off early
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:20:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Thank you for the link......Look at the size of that Police Station wire fence that went up today !............
View Quote
You can see a guy welding the fence up right now on the Austin Zone stream.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#48]

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:27:58 PM EDT
[#49]
How big is that growing mob ?..300-400 people ????..............
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:29:00 PM EDT
[#50]
austin zone is up
View Quote

It appears that they now have protective visors for frikkin lasers.
Page / 5117
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top