BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There also is a hundred years of film entertainment already ‘in the can’. More reruns and original movies than no single person could ever watch in a dozen lifetimes.  Then AI steps into the room.

View Quote

The thing about AI generated content is that it will be infinite.  Soon enough I'll be able to ask my tv to generate new episodes of Gun Smoke, or What happened to the Heat crew after the movie, or mash ups.  Mash up the Matrix with Scooby Doo and create a episodic show.  It will.  Whatever you can think of you'll be able to watch.  How can a studio compete with that?   They can't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:06:33 AM EDT
[#2]
No matter how the strike ends, I'll spend the same amount on Hollywood crap next year as I did this year, last year and the year before.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Saw a video last night of Fran, cant spell her last name, she's the annoying nanny. Anyway, she was saying how the actors provide us all with happiness and joy and without them we'll have nothing and during covid we depended on them for everything and they're just sooooo important and vital to our lives. Hollywood could burn to the ground right now and 87% of the country wouldn't care
View Quote

LOL. We have reruns. And Hollywood is only doing repeats anymore so…….
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Elizabeth Warren claims to be an American Indian based on being perhaps 0.1% American Indian. So I claim to be a Neanderthal based on 3% Neanderthal DNA.

And, as a Caveman American I would like to say that Ron Pearlman does not speak for the entire Caveman community. He's sort of an embarrassment to us to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Just goes to show that an entire production crew can make anyone look good on film.  They must spend hours putting war paint on them, helping them show up, read their lines, feeding them gourmet meals, wiping their asses....
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:09:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Hollywood's on strike? I literally haven't even noticed or heard. What's this all about? Who's striking against who? Are they "one of us" or just fuck em' all?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:11:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just goes to show that an entire production crew can make anyone look good on film.  They must spend hours putting war paint on them, helping them show up, read their lines, feeding them gourmet meals, wiping their asses....
View Quote

Yeah, it takes all that production crew and equipment to make a 20 minute episode.  I will just stick with individual youtube type creators who do all of it themselves.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:12:58 AM EDT
[#8]
He let being a hardass in Sons of Anarchy go to his head. He is just a woke pussy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:14:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

AI is going to replace a lot of jobs.  We should get used to it.
View Quote

+1  Ben Shapiro's podcast yesterday was really good.  Times change and so does entertainment.  They are striking against something that doesn't exist anymore.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Saw a video last night of Fran, cant spell her last name, she's the annoying nanny. Anyway, she was saying how the actors provide us all with happiness and joy and without them we'll have nothing and during covid we depended on them for everything and they're just sooooo important and vital to our lives. Hollywood could burn to the ground right now and 87% of the country wouldn't care
View Quote

Yup.

Musk needs to come out with AI actors that look 90% the part of all these fucktards.   Team up with Mike Judge or maybe Matt Stone and Trey Parker.

Swap first letters of first and last names while doing satire pieces that have AI actors.

Fucking watch the heads melt.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:16:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The thing about AI generated content is that it will be infinite.  Soon enough I'll be able to ask my tv to generate new episodes of Gun Smoke, or What happened to the Heat crew after the movie, or mash ups.  Mash up the Matrix with Scooby Doo and create a episodic show.  It will.  Whatever you can think of you'll be able to watch.  How can a studio compete with that?   They can't.
View Quote

Combine it with interactive virtual reality or make it so that the AI can generate games borrowing from known game titles and TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Out of curiosity, as I don't actually know, are those jobs also union? If they are union, where are the unions on this strike topic?

This is akin to the Bud Light effect. The leadership needs to be punished for their political agendas and pushing products that people don't want as much as the leaders think, etc. BUT, the only way to impact that leadership is to impact the bottom line which does effect all levels of employees.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got well over a dozen friends out of work right now because of the strike(s). None of them are actors or writers and none of them are in Hollywood. They're truck drivers, set builders, animal trainers, administrators, colorists, post production effects artists, craft services, cameramen, and grips. Only 2 of them are libs. This is affecting a lot of people, trickle-down.

Out of curiosity, as I don't actually know, are those jobs also union? If they are union, where are the unions on this strike topic?

This is akin to the Bud Light effect. The leadership needs to be punished for their political agendas and pushing products that people don't want as much as the leaders think, etc. BUT, the only way to impact that leadership is to impact the bottom line which does effect all levels of employees.  

Let this be a lesson to us all of the dangers of letting wokism entrench itself in your industry. Go woke, go broke applies in more ways than one. Collateral damage sucks and their sacrifice has been duly noted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#14]
The face you'd think only AI could create.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Ron is an idiot, that has been proven constantly for years.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#16]
One of my favorite scenes from SOA was his character getting shot in the neck. His character was good in Enemy Behind The Gates though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#17]

lol, those idiots think they are making quality entertainment.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#18]
He went off the rails, down the gulch, crashed when Trump was in office, in fact he was one the craziest of all.

He is a F list actor that is awful...he really needs meds bad

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:23:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got well over a dozen friends out of work right now because of the strike(s). None of them are actors or writers and none of them are in Hollywood. They're truck drivers, set builders, animal trainers, administrators, colorists, post production effects artists, craft services, cameramen, and grips. Only 2 of them are libs. This is affecting a lot of people, trickle-down.

Trump Junior was relentlessly attacked here for pointing that out.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Maybe he can go piss on their houses?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I hope the whole industry crashes and is replaced by AI.

They hate conservatives, indoctrinate our children with left wing propaganda and wouldn't give a shit if I was put in jail for exercising my rights.

They can learn how to code.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
THIS ASSHOLE AGAIN
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There also is a hundred years of film entertainment already ‘in the can’. More reruns and original movies than no single person could ever watch in a dozen lifetimes.  Then AI steps into the room.

Not enough Gunsmoke episodes for you?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#24]
So basically you have some rich guy trying to tell everyone what to do...and is hard core democrat that supported Kamala Harris.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:28:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
He played a tough guy and somehow now believes he is a tough guy.
View Quote

According to the tt comments the dipshits on tt believe he is too.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:30:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So basically you have some rich guy trying to tell everyone what to do...and is hard core democrat that supported Kamala Harris.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Screenshot_2023-07-15_082624_jpg-2886415.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26697/Screenshot_2023-07-15_082641_jpg-2886416.JPG
View Quote

Ron Perlman is as far lefty as lefty comes. I wish he'd have followed through with his threat to leave the U.S. when Trump was elected. There would be a lot less Hollywood Marxists if everyone who promised to leave actually did.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yet I'm sure he was fine with crashing the economy to get Trump out of office.  Just like Bill Maher wanted.

All of those people who lost their careers and businesses don't matter.
View Quote

Great point. All those people that worked in restaurants, salons, and other "non" essential businesses surely didn't count in his eyes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That asswipe needs a visit from the local police.   Sounds like terroristic threats to me.
View Quote

Sounds like he needs to be red flagged. He's clearly unstable.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:36:17 AM EDT
[#29]
Ron Pearlman pretending he’s a character in one of his movies.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:37:40 AM EDT
[#30]
He thinks he is some man of consequence.  Unfortunately for him, but fortunately for the world, he is nobody.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I watched a few minutes of the Pauly Shore video…enough to catch a writer making the point that they don’t want AI to rehash older material into new stuff.

I found it funny because that is all that Hollywood has been able to do over the last couple decades is to to rehash material that has already been written. It is rare that I go to the theater to see anything anymore because there is very little original content being produced (and that what is produced more often than not is pushing an agenda in the name of entertainment).
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#32]
fucking idiot,just another wannabe holly-weird tough guy running his cock holster
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He played a tough guy and somehow now believes he is a tough guy.

Well shit I didn’t read the comments. I’m gonna do that for the laughs now.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, I guess he did admit that Hollywood makes "nothing".
Why should any of them have houses, given that?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
27 million buys a lot of guys with guns Ron. And those guns DON'T shoot blanks.
View Quote
just like alec baldwin
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I find YouTube videos about tractor restoration more satisfying than anything Hollywood offers, currently.

And that is provided by amateurs who charge nothing.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:45:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Soon enough I'll be able to ask my Ai attorney to find every every aspect of the NFA that would fail in court based on Bruen and W. Virginia Vs EPA.
View Quote

FIFY - that's the mini-series we're all paying to see
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 11:50:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hollywood, Disney, traditional entertainment are going to  die a slow death. The kids don't GAF and find their entertainment elsewhere. Anyone involved with the traditional TV and movies should be looking elsewhere for employment long-term.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

This post is grounded in reality, so it will likely be ignored. More fun to pile on rich celebs than actually taking the time to think about how many thousands of non-celebrity non-liberal workers will be affected by this. Easier to focus on the 1% we hate rather than the 99% that makes up all the support behind the scenes.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This post is grounded in reality, so it will likely be ignored. More fun to pile on rich celebs than actually taking the time to think about how many thousands of non-celebrity non-liberal workers will be affected by this. Easier to focus on the 1% we hate rather than the 99% that makes up all the support behind the scenes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the writers should stop their inane strike because they are hurting others?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Hellboy with a walker,
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:16:17 PM EDT
[#42]
The Film Actors Guild (FAG) is important to our nation and the world.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok tough guy.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

+1  Ben Shapiro's podcast yesterday was really good.  Times change and so does entertainment.  They are striking against something that doesn't exist anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

AI is going to replace a lot of jobs.  We should get used to it.

The crazy thing is we don't live in a utopia. So, what happens to the unemployed?

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:23:07 PM EDT
[#45]
I really thought he was dead.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:25:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#47]
The comments supporting him are just as pathetic as his tough guy post.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:28:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hollywood, Disney, traditional entertainment are going to  die a slow death. The kids don't GAF and find their entertainment elsewhere. Anyone involved with the traditional TV and movies should be looking elsewhere for employment long-term.
View Quote
That slow death for Disney will be ruled a suicide.  Behold the upcoming Snow White and the 7 Dwarves - only one of which is a dwarf.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#49]
His eyes look like 2 piss holes in the snow.
Fuck 'em.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#50]
I remember when Sons of Anarchy was just coming out. He is playing a Billy Badass and has never ridden a motorcycle. How is that possible for someone his age?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top