BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 6:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

His point is that the lashing out at the bell-ringer probably isn't the way for you to get your point across, since they are probably just volunteering to help others.

How do you even have to ask that question...multiple times? But go ahead, ask me what my point is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’m sure to let the bell ringer know why I don’t donate anymore.
99% don’t have a clue.

Kind of like Ebenezer Scrooge telling off the charity solicitors?

Not sure I understand this.
The salvation army chose to pontificate and tell people to bend the knee. Am I missing something?

Most of the SA bell ringers that I see look like middle aged recovering addicts and alcoholics, probably Salvation Army clients who don't know or care about woke politics.  They usually greet me and are more courteous than the employees of the store they're standing in front of.  Telling them off would do nothing but expose you as an angry, hostile person.

Op asked if they've learned their lesson, by most accounts I have not seen redemption on the SA . I personally haven't been outright hostile to any Salvation Army workers so what's your point?

If they didn't step on their dick I wouldn't be in this thread but obviously they drank the woke Kool aid and decided to shit on white people who had zero to do with raising money.

I'm not giving a donation to my enemy.  Ever.

My point? Open the quote tree and read the post that I first replied to.

I'm not making your side of the discussion for you. Again, what is your point?

His point is that the lashing out at the bell-ringer probably isn't the way for you to get your point across, since they are probably just volunteering to help others.

How do you even have to ask that question...multiple times? But go ahead, ask me what my point is.

What's your point?

I couldn't help myself!

In all seriousness it never occurred to me that was his meaning and he can address it if he likes.
 I'm not going to confront a bell ringer because I'm not an asshole to random people.
 I use to support our local Salvation Army but refuse to ever step foot in one again or donate. Oh and fjb
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:05:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What's your point?

I couldn't help myself!

In all seriousness it never occurred to me that was his meaning and he can address it if he likes.
 I'm not going to confront a bell ringer because I'm not an asshole to random people.
 I use to support our local Salvation Army but refuse to ever step foot in one again or donate. Oh and fjb
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

Kind of like Ebenezer Scrooge telling off the charity solicitors?

Not sure I understand this.
The salvation army chose to pontificate and tell people to bend the knee. Am I missing something?

Most of the SA bell ringers that I see look like middle aged recovering addicts and alcoholics, probably Salvation Army clients who don't know or care about woke politics.  They usually greet me and are more courteous than the employees of the store they're standing in front of.  Telling them off would do nothing but expose you as an angry, hostile person.

Op asked if they've learned their lesson, by most accounts I have not seen redemption on the SA . I personally haven't been outright hostile to any Salvation Army workers so what's your point?

If they didn't step on their dick I wouldn't be in this thread but obviously they drank the woke Kool aid and decided to shit on white people who had zero to do with raising money.

I'm not giving a donation to my enemy.  Ever.

My point? Open the quote tree and read the post that I first replied to.

I'm not making your side of the discussion for you. Again, what is your point?

What's your point?

I couldn't help myself!

He was responding to this:
Quoted:
99% don’t have a clue.

Granted, when I read it again, I can't say that fl-ar-fan is lashing out, rather than calmly sharing that info with the ringer, as a suggestion that the volunteer might want to find another charity to do good work for.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep. They’re Protestants, it’s not a Christian organization.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't realize until recently that the Salvation Army is a denomination of protestant churches, and not just a charity.

Lol wut?  Come tell all the Southern Baptists around here they aren’t Christians. They’ll likely put you in the hospital.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:12:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Lol wut?  Come tell all the Southern Baptists around here they aren’t Christians. They’ll likely put you in the hospital.
View Quote

How Christian of them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Just to keep GD honest, the Salvation Army took back that guide and policy over a year ago. Yes, they learned their lesson. Help or don't as you please but be honest. OP knows better than to perpetuate what he knows is no longer true.
View Quote

Just to keep the apologists honest, im pretty sure whitey nevet got a public apology for being called genetically racist.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Who?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How Christian of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How Christian of them.

In all honesty I’ve had more catholics bow up on me than Protestants when I said something they didn’t like.  Zealotry knows no boundaries.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:50:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How Christian of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How Christian of them.

Well in fairness, Jesus did make a whip and beat people, kicked over tables and thru people out of the temple.

So there is precedent.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:12:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I was forced to give to united way, and glad I dont have to do that anymore.

I only give to St. Judes, and Hopes for Paws... I help lil kids, and lil pups, and looking for a decent charity for cancer because FUCK CANCER.

I can't help everyone, and most charities dont help who they are supposed to help anyway, and that is not a myth, it is a fact given to me by my buddy who has first hand dealings with charities...

My buddy used to create SEMA cars for FORD and the Peterson Museum. He also made several mustang charity cars for Ford; a few off the top of my heads were the red tails and thunderbirds charity mustangs...

While dealing with these "charities" my buddy saw how your money was being spent, and were informed by the reps that arrived to the airport in private jets, and then arrived from the airport to the shop in a limo..."Most of the money is used administratively, and very little money actually goes to help anyone but the charity..."

In fact, with the charity vehicles, they pay very little to have the cars made, most of the time the car is donated, the parts are sponsored, and then the shop that puts them together gets paid...

They make 1/2 million for a charity car they have an actual 40k of actual money into...Such a scam...95 out of every 100 dollars collected is used to actually collect the money, the 5% left goes to the cause...
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know those offshoot sects can be savagely violent. I make sure not to live near their areas.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:40:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Thanks.  I had forgotten too.  

There's just too much shit to remember these days.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#13]

Thanks for the refresh.  Didn't realize they were a church either.  FSA
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Just to keep GD honest, the Salvation Army took back that guide and policy over a year ago. Yes, they learned their lesson. Help or don't as you please but be honest. OP knows better than to perpetuate what he knows is no longer true.
View Quote

"Take backs" only because they effected your bottom line make them a double cocksucker in my book.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

FUCK that noise. They're OK now because they backpedaled after getting called out and shellacked in donations?

Keeping it..."honest."

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I know those offshoot sects can be savagely violent. I make sure not to live near their areas.
View Quote

Yeah, those offshoot sects are constantly starting crusades all the time. It's annoying.

And then the altar boy rodeos they have. Disgusting.

Oh wait, those things weren't done by offshoot sects.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:15:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Why did they have it in the first place? Did they retract it only when caught? Until those get answered fuck them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why did they have it in the first place? Did they retract it only when caught? Until those get answered fuck them.

Exactly.  Plenty of other charities out there.

Not one more dime…
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:19:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I give my money to the local YMCA
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did they retract the memo or change their viewpoint that brought out the memo?
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't realize until recently that the Salvation Army is a denomination of protestant churches, and not just a charity.

I see what you did there, but I'm confused. In another thread, someone said it was the Catholics that are not "Christian". That someone was corrected but the discussion revealed that there are a lot of "confused" people out there.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

OP here, I don't know, that is the purpose of the thread.

If SA have figured out the problem, show evidence and I will donate.

View Quote

They figured out the problem, but won't apologize for it, or fire those who were responsible for it.

Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:27:01 PM EDT
[#22]
This time of year I keep a good supply of $20s in my pocket.  I drop one in every time I see a bell ringer. Even if some of their policies offee you they are still the best charitable organization.  Compare the salaries of the top tier at American Red Cross (FARC) and the Salvation Army.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:28:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ooooooh, they took it back? Yeah, sure. Hear that fellas? They took it back so it's ok now. It's like it never happened. They took it back.
View Quote

SO I guess only YOU and Jesus Christ never made a mistake!
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 6:51:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’ll pass on donating money to my enemies.

Just found out the church I go to has an ongoing food pantry ministry. I’ll be donating there instead.
View Quote

I said the same to myself yesterday as I walked past one in Tilton NH. Not supporting the enemy.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Why the fuck did the Salvation Army feel the need to do that?

Keep your mouth shut about everything but charity.

It's not like they're the cutting edge of "social justice".
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ooooooh, they took it back? Yeah, sure. Hear that fellas? They took it back so it's ok now. It's like it never happened. They took it back.

I used to give them several hundred bucks a year. They have a right to go woke but I will never forgive their racism, and let's not pretend that it wasn't. They are dead to me. They are irredeemable at this point. Woke needs to hurt.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:30:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Did they clean house of EVERYONE involved or who approved the clap trap?

Did they publicly apologize for placing blame on the innocent? False accusations?

If donations had not dropped drastically, would they have backpedaled as they did?

Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Your take is most unfortunate. You are beyond help at this point.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:52:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I only donate to a select few places, because most charities all seem tied up with immoral groups and people.

There's a local place here that prepares bagged meals for low income people, my wife benefitted from them as a kid, so I have my amazon smile set to donate to them.

St Vincent De Paul is big in my area and I volunteer with them directly so I see exactly what my donations are used for.

Lastly, I'm always willing to give money or help directly to people who I see need it. Avoid most of the big corporate charity groups.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 8:57:14 AM EDT
[#30]
My only publicly acceptable recourse to demonstrate my disappointment is financial.  

Get woke, go broke.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Those cocksuckers will NEVER get another dime from me.
Period. Fucking DOT
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Used to drop some change and bills in their bucket in passing, but even my wife was mad at them after the CRT thing came out.

Here is a worthy cause if you feel charitable (IMO).

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The fact that they recalled it and apologized does not change the fact that current leadership allowed it in the first place. They are dead to me. What they should have done instead of apologizing is have the entire top 5 levels of the organization resign.

Doing the most woke good, f that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:25:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'll pass on donating money to my enemies.

Just found out the church I go to has an ongoing food pantry ministry. I'll be donating there instead.
View Quote
This. And it keeps it in the community.
Link Posted: 12/13/2022 10:34:01 AM EDT
[#35]
There were too many woke liberal motherfucking officers in that organization when I worked for them 20 years ago, its probably terrifying to work there now.  There is no fucking way I would give them or United Way a single dime.  

Salvationists my ass, they are the most non-Christian Christian organization I've ever seen.  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top