BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That’s not camo. That his ruck with his issue packed lunch.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Never even got on board with the ACU shit. I wore it, I hated it. Woodland for the win! Well, that and dessert if you're somewhere sandy. Nothing good comes from going to sandy places. Also - fuck the berret. That shit's gay.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
There Is a similar, more serious topic in the tactical Gear section.
Camouflage and avoiding friendly fire goes beyond Just the colors of a uniform.

Oh, and to be nitpicky ukrainians are wearing a lot of British mtp which was fielded in 2010 before the US decided to use the commercially available multicam as an interim camouflage for operation enduring Freedom , prior to reusing a contractor developed discarded camouflage from the 2003 Universal camouflage trials
Which Is to Say they said the new US camo Is a development from the 2003 trial pattern submitted by crye as the government has ownership of that trial pattern and doesn't have to pay license fees for the true commercially available multicam.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]

That Zimbabwe pattern isn't as good as the Rhodesian pattern as
the only place where brown naturally belongs on top of green is in a cow pasture or on the streets of San Francisco.

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's a stupid color palette use in Canada or most of Europe. The current temperate CADPAT colors are perfect for Canada
View Quote

I would imagine it would work pretty well in a Winter Deciduous Forrest environment. Light Browns/Tans/Greys are surprisingly effective at refracting/absorbing colors that it's surrounded by.

One reason I like ATACS AU (The first ATACS pattern the world saw).
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:01:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anybody got a link to a good site to shop various camo patterns?

https://iacmc.forumotion.com/

Thanks friend.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
I have always liked Eberlestock's UnicamII, I have several packs in this pattern.
Sucks they discontinued it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I remember when MARPAT was all the rage talk around here. To the point threads would get locked if there was a mention of it.

BTW I think Tiger Stripe should be the United States go Camo pattern.
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I remember when MARPAT was all the rage talk around here. To the point threads would get locked if there was a mention of it.

BTW I think Tiger Stripe should be the United States go Camo pattern.
View Quote

Nah, this East German inspired Space Rain pattern is the way forward.

Alternatively, The Marriott pattern would be perfect for the World's woke-i-fied forces. And just trolling other countries to copy and deploy it would be worth the effort.
In fact it should be the mandatory United Nation's camo as all real nations have Marriotts.

The History of: The Marriott Carpet Camouflage Pattern | Uniform History

Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Just make it hot pink multicam, problem solved
Link Posted: 3/7/2023 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Bring back ERDL
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:25:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Woodland camo was best camo.
View Quote

Still have mine and they work well here in  E. TX until they get too faded
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:44:12 AM EDT
[#14]
There is a YouTube channel that compares camo and it's pretty cool. Granted it's all hunting camo, but you see the impression of how it looks in various environments.
There are a lot of camo patterns you've never heard of.

TrueTimber VSX hunting camo in Human and Deer Vision on 14 Backgrounds

See Pnuma Caza on 14 Backgrounds in Human and Deer Vision.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Also known as the slightly lighter green Marpat
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
From what I’ve seen, the USN AOR-2 pattern seems to be pretty effective

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26154/8C54692F-1023-4FAF-9E90-D42B483DBBF3_jpe-2737202.JPG

Also known as the slightly lighter green Marpat

And oriented vertically instead of horizontally.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:42:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We should bring back M81 Woodland. Maybe also tiger stripe.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:50:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The Current owners of the Tigerstripe pattern have some pretty interesting patterns that would probably be fairly effetive. I actually really like their All-Terrain Tigerstripe.
https://www.tigerstripeproducts.com/
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/617f02a466d5855869d8755b/c7f17cbb-3a9a-4390-ae3f-3b0303dbfd0e/WB2_ATTUni_Slider_002.png?format=2500w
View Quote

That looks pretty good.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 2:23:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Still bummed that after all the hullabaloo, US .mil decided to forgo US4CES and the Mexican Marines bought the pattern.

The US4CES Transitional pattern was pretty damned impressive (and even more impressive under NODs, when compared to everything else available).
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 3:32:01 AM EDT
[#19]
The pattern should have a standard orientation that can be spotted from "friendly" observation software programable devices.

eta like a barcode scanner works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Yep. Which is why Multicam/Scorpion won’t work. It has spread across the world faster than a Man Made Coronavirus busting out of a Chinese Bioweapons facility.

From the Taliban, The Chicoms, Russians, Iranians, Syrians, Wagner PMC. Actually, North Korea is the only one I haven’t seen in it.

Watching the War in Ukraine it is bizarre seeing two sides using it. When I see it, I think of US Soldiers, so seeing them blasting the shit out of eachother is bizarre. My Son who’s in Elementary School was confused after seeing a clip on the news of that very thing is why I started this thread.

I think the best method is to do what Canada has done. Lock it down. I have only ever seen Airsoft type/Cheap Chinese CADPAT for sale.

I honestly think going to a plain Ranger Green uniform is good in several ways. I was looking at Chinese camo; They have 3 or 4 for every type of terrain (Including a pattern with Ocean Turquoise for Beach landings).

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 6:19:23 AM EDT
[#21]
We should go with the rhodesian brushstroke pattern. Looks good with shorts.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 8:27:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
From the Taliban, The Chicoms, Russians, Iranians, Syrians, Wagner PMC. Actually, North Korea is the only one I haven’t seen in it.

... Ukraine ... I think of US Soldiers, so seeing them blasting the shit out of each other ...

... a plain Ranger Green uniform ...
View Quote
Back to the future, the Russians beat us to it.  Their current Ratnik ("Warrior") flora uniform ensemble looks solid green from a distance.

I had a US GI Vietnam reversible helmet cover on my helmet when a warrant officer told me, "At first I saw it and thought it was Russian."

Changed that out to Multicam the next day.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Never even got on board with the ACU shit. I wore it, I hated it. Woodland for the win! Well, that and dessert if you're somewhere sandy. Nothing good comes from going to sandy places. Also - fuck the berret. That shit's gay.
View Quote

I was in Korea when the UCP came out. I remember watching one of the new guys wearing it as he walked into the treeline to take a piss. It did not camouflage him at all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#25]
The point of camo is not to identify troops, it's to, ya know, camouflage them. The reason everyone's wearing multicam is because it's effective. Unless we've got something better there's no reason to change.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Bring back WW2 Frogskin camo.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:19:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Colonial Marines or  Mobile infantry BDUs
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#28]
The A-Tacs patterns are exceptional.
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/d1e0c0_0da47b10d5c74b8092a89b9a451b31db~mv2_d_3803_2500_s_4_2.jpg
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:23:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Since UCP has entered the thread;
my personal conspiracy theory is that it was adopted to reduce fratricide.

Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#31]

I believe we have that technology.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Deer brown/tan camo is the best camo.

The animals can be 50 feet away and until they move they're invisible.
View Quote

Fur vs fabric probably helps with that too.
Some camouflage patterns look great in certain lighting conditions, but horrible in others.
Many patterns blend together at distance and end up looking like a mostly solid color.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:05:11 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

the only place where brown naturally belongs on top of green is in a cow pasture or on the streets of San Francisco.

https://kommandopost.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1_front-6-1001x1280.jpg
View Quote

Looks like a cammo Hawaiian loud shirt.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 12:59:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://kommandopost.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/1_front-6-1001x1280.jpg

You should see it with the matching shorts!

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The point of camo is not to identify troops, it's to, ya know, camouflage them. The reason everyone's wearing multicam is because it's effective. Unless we've got something better there's no reason to change.
View Quote

Disagree here. A Combat Uniform is one big way to quickly identify Friend or Foe. There’s a reason in every major war, every Country (Whether Allies or Enemy) had their own, distinctive, identifiable Combat Uniform. Camouflage entered in WWII with Germany (Many Patterns) and the USMC (Double sided frogskin) in the Pacific. (When the Americans landed at Normandy for example, they landed in the US Army Tan Jacket with Dark Browish trousers. There were several incidents of US Friendly Fire after the landings with Tan US Soldiers engaging and killing some US Troops who landed in Italy in 1943 and fought their way through Italy, then France. Sometime before the invasion they were issued the Green M43 Jacket (Forefather of the famous M65). That green coat made the landing forces think “German”. Some US Paratroopers had M43’s and had similar encounters.

Multicam/Scorpion is so prevalent not because it’s the best. It’s not. In 2011/2012 it was much better than the pattern it replaced (UCP) for the terrain/Theater the US Army was engaged at that time in history. (The Deserts/Arid Geography of Afghanistan and Iraq). was It’s because it’s well over a decade old and very common.

Historically US patterns are very popular Worldwide with small Para Military/Militia/Militant Splinter groups. (M81 Woodland and Chocolate Chip Desert to a lesser degree) I remember seeing Bin Laden wearing M81 regularly.

The War in Ukraine is the first War where two countries are wearing the same pattern. There is a POV video of a group of 2-3 Ukrainians seeing 5-6 Soldiers dressed in Multicam walking towards them. The Ukrainians were worried until they saw the Uniforms and heard someone in the approaching group saying hello in Ukrainian. The Ukrainians relaxed and were then engaged and killed by the larger group who were Russians. (This was in the Summer before anyone really saw Russians in Multicam). Had they been in Russian camo (as they should have been) the Ukrainians would not have been confused and an immediate hostile reaction would have happened.

Remember, this isn’t the Taliban or Mexican Drug Cartels wearing American/Allied camo.These are Soldiers of the Nation of Russia. Big Difference.

Link Posted: 3/9/2023 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Thank Potato Joe and the Joint Chiefs for all the  $85 billion in weapons, vehicles and gear they left the Taliban.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top