Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Fortunately my mom saved EVERYTHING from when I was a kid.

It’s fun seeing my own children play with the same stuff I used to, on the same floor/fireplace/etc.

These were probably the most special for me….Jurassic Park T Rex, Monsters in my Pocket (way before Pokemon), Micro Machines Star Wars, and 90s Star Wars action figures (I built the pit for my kids)

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:18:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Silver bells hanging on a string!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:31:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Legos.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Adventure People - loved them

Legos

Matchbox cars

Starwars figures (70s-80s)

And these bad boys...

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll get banned if I show my weiner.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:03:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Transformers.

My favorite was Soundwave, because he came with the little cassettes  that transformed into dinosaurs.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:12:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Fuckin A  I wanted an Omnibot so bad when I was a kid!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:44:30 AM EDT
[#10]
It might have been this poster:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:45:09 AM EDT
[#11]

I was going to post this.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:45:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Transformers.

My favorite was Soundwave, because he came with the little cassettes  that transformed into dinosaurs.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/dVTVuDPahXI/maxresdefault.jpg
View Quote

Soundwave didn't have any cassettes that transformed into dinosaurs bro.

ETA: I stand corrected. There was a Stegosaurus one called Slugfest. Learned something new.

ORCA was badass!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:49:03 AM EDT
[#14]

I had all of those toys.  I had the original 12 figure set of Star Wars figures that came from Sears in the catalog and got the bonus Snaggletooth figure..   You could also  switch the Star Wars toys and Adventure people into the other brand's vehicles.

My little brother and I destroyed a dozen Stomper trucks playing in the dirt and mud.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Soundwave didn't have any cassettes that transformed into dinosaurs bro.
View Quote

Mine did.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 2:56:12 AM EDT
[#17]

You're right. Thought I knew all the G1 characters. Had no idea.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:08:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I had the Daniel Boone that my uncle gave me.
One of my favorites.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had the Daniel Boone that my uncle gave me.
One of my favorites.

Yes, there seemed to be several figures in that series, some of which I was unaware of until the internet came around.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:38:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Bike, BB gun, firecrackers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 4:45:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Got a new bike when I was 10or so. Rode it into the ground. Also played with this when they came out. Used it so much I broke the cable.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:40:21 AM EDT
[#24]
That I owned, its between some rescue hero action figures or one of those ride on 12v cars for kids.

What I always wanted & never got was a Traxxas RC car (I remember they had a display at Pepboys and I couldnt believe how much better these RCs were compared to my cheap Walmart ones, but they were too expensive and my family was poor, so I could never get one).

Now that im an adult, Ive got more money "invested" in RCs than id like to admit!
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
late 70's mongoose with tuff wheels.
or maybe one of those SST dragsters where you'd
pull the rip cord and tear off your fingertip in the gear
at the same time.
View Quote

Getting your finger in the gap between the tire and the body was fun. I can hear the sound.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:43:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
All you city kids with your fancy schmancy store bought geegaws, my best friend was a stick and my favorite toy was a clod of dirt.
View Quote

That rememinds me of one time when I complained to my father that I was bord. His response? "Theres a stick outside and a turd in the toilet, go play with it". I never complained about being bored again lol.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#28]

Clodbusters?
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:20:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Attachment Attached File

Wrist Rocket, HO slot cars, skate boards, bicycle, sportsball.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Mine was a hand me down. Missing lots of parts.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Killed a billion squirrels and birds with this as a kid.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:27:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I can "feel" that phtot and it doesn't feel good
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of this, lots of cars and the stairwell down into the basement.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/108158/s-l500-2702488.jpg

I can "feel" that phtot and it doesn't feel good

Yup. That or an extension cord.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#34]

My brother had that. I used it as a hand me down.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:46:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 7:53:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#38]
My favorite toy was a homemade M-16 that I crafted in my dad's shop one Christmas vacation.   Wish I had a pciture of it.  I made the stock and receiver out of a 2x6 or 2x8 I do not recall which.   The barrel was a piece of conduit that I bored in and burned in to fit.  I used a barn door handle for a carry handle, I fashioned a front sight base, a pistol grip, wooden magazine, and a flash hider.   I used a few pictures from World Book Encyclopedia annual additions for my models.   It was a bit crude but I was about 10.   I also made a dog sled for my malamute to pull around that Christmas break.    I enjoyed these toys more than any store bought stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Growing up, we didn't have much.  My parents made me a Matchbox city on a brown piece of felt.  I would play with it for hours.  I wonder whatever happened to it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My favorite toy was a homemade M-16 that I crafted in my dad's shop one Christmas vacation.   Wish I had a pciture of it.  I made the stock and receiver out of a 2x6 or 2x8 I do not recall which.   The barrel was a piece of conduit that I bored in and burned in to fit.  I used a barn door handle for a carry handle, I fashioned a front sight base, a pistol grip, wooden magazine, and a flash hider.   I used a few pictures from World Book Encyclopedia annual additions for my models.   It was a bit crude but I was about 10.   I also made a dog sled for my malamute to pull around that Christmas break.    I enjoyed these toys more than any store bought stuff.
View Quote

That’s cool. We made a lot of homemade stuff too. A kid with an imagination and some of dad’s tools can come up with a lot.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 8:57:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Legos of course.

Junk parts BMX bike spray painted black .

Roman candles for team on team neighborhood wars. Bottle rockets were for saturation fires, roman candles were for closer range.

Aged out of most around 14 with part time jobs.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Still have mine in a storage unit somewhere.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:37:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

I go out of my way to ‘build’ a lot of toys with my kids. I think they’re more special that way. My youngest son loves Star Wars and all things space-related.

We built all of these ‘lands’ as he calls them, and he plays with my old 90s Micro Machines figures on them.

I also used some wood panels/pieces and creative painting to turn his room into a ‘space station’

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:48:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I had so many of those toys, Lone Ranger, Custer, Ghost gun, Evil Knevil, Tin Can Alley, ect. This one was one of my all time favorites. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/485098/23d7dd9871271d3f7aaacf1a0bc94a33-2702569.jpg
View Quote

I’d have had a blast with that as a kid.

This was one of my favorites…could do the cool VZ 61 stock pop to flip it open. Not sure what ever happened to it but it gave me an affinity for the VZ61. Just bought a Czechpoint .22 upper over Christmas and plan on buying a pistol in the original .32 caliber to SBR this summer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My Mom got a Howdy Doody doll in the 70s for me because she loved that show when she was a kid https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMTk0NDA0MTA2M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzY5ODAyMQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
View Quote

Remember it well...as Buffalo Bob used to say: "Hey kids what time is it?"..."It's Howdy Doody time"..
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#46]
A pair of these with the holsters.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#47]

I had forgot about a ton of toys I had that have been mentioned in this thread, but I have never forgotten about this BB gun. If birds and squirrels go to heaven I’m gonna be screwed.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 11:35:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Supermatic capguns were so awesome.

Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#49]
I guess the one I've had the longest is down in the shed in the back lot.

My Western Flyer bicycle my dad bought more my 6th birthday in May 1963.  I rode that thing hard/rough for the next 11 years till I got out of high school.  It went into an old chicken coop at grandma's house when I went into the US Army and I got it out of the coop and brought it to VA in 1986 or 87.  I was going to fix it up but by then I'd lost the "fun" of riding it and just left it sit in the shed.

Over the years I had to replace tires/tubes, the seat, I painted it, messed up the pedals and replaced them, etc.  Had to replace the chain once, in about 1970 or 71.  That was a hell of a wreck.  Riding down this long straight sidewalk standing up and pedaling as fast as I could.  When that chain broke I remember my right foot coming off the pedal, hitting the sidewalk the pedal coming back up to hit me in the back of the leg and as we (me and the bike) flipped and spun through the air I saw that blue sky at least twice before I hit the ground and got the wind knocked out of me.  I was still lying on the ground on my back when my buddies got down there so see if I was alright.
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 12:37:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top