Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 7:41:51 AM EDT
This is really not an A vs. B... I would like some info on experiences with one or both of these pistols.

I am finally looking into a polymer based pistol and have narrowed it down to 2.  

Sig Pro and HK USP. I have handled both but have yet to shoot either.  I have come to these two because of the exposed hammer, SA capability.

Any comments are appreciated.

I own several SIGs.  220, 225,226,228,230.  I am very familir with their workings and do most tatctical pistol training with them (the 228 actually).

Cheers!

zaz
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 USP's, a fullsize and compact, both in .45
I got the f.s. first and loved it, but then I shot the compact !
WOW!!! it fits my hand like a glove, has over 3000 rnds through it and no problems (with either one) I have shot several sigs, they just never felt right to me(great weapons though)
shoot em both and I bet you'll buy HK !!
51 out...
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a USP compact in .40 and I can't say enough about it... not one single failure of any type, even when I was putting a few hundred rounds of reloads through it a week at my local pin shoot. It'd be worth it if it cost twice as much.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 9:48:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the SigPro 2340 in .40, great gun for the price. You should be able to get one for less than $500 which makes it a great value. Very comfortable to shoot and never had a problem or failure to feed or eject with almost a thousand rounds through it. The HK USP compacts are very nice as well but costs much more than the SigPro. Extremely reliable and good accuracy for a decent price, it's got the most bang for the buck in my opinion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I was one of the first people to own a USP in PA. I used to buy EVERYTHING and ANYTHING that had the name H&K on it from a local dealer, when one day he showed me a full size USP-9mm. He stated that he had just received them and knew how much I liked H&K's...so I took it home. That was back in '91 or '92, I cant remember but since then I have literally put case after case of ammo thru that pistol. Frankly I cant remember more than maybe one or two malfuctions in the 8,000 or so rounds I've managed to put through it; and they can be attributed to a REALLY dirty chamber.
Top Top