View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:
Originally Posted By happycynic:

He's not Snoke.
The actor played Snoke.

That is correct, but Snoke was created in a Cloning facility after the battle of Endor.

Those movies don't exist nor count.

I refuse the acknowledge them
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 5:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Some of the best acting I've ever seen.

I think this series is going to really enhance the ending of "Rogue One," because now when Andor dies on that beach it's not just him dying in a sense it's every single unsung hero that sacrificed everything to destroy the Empire dying on that beach.  

I think it's great too how the "Force" is basically guiding Andor every step of the way. The "Force" is "Destiny."  Again and again Andor is exposed to these incredibly good people doing whatever is necessary for victory and its shaping him into exactly what he needs to be in order to be that catalyst for bring about real balance to the Force once again.  In so many ways the Force isn't just with Luke Skywalker it's with all these people guiding them.  This keeps to the central mystical tenant of the Force in a very realistic fashion.

I love "The Mandalorian", it's a great series and really fit for the whole family.  However, I also love "Andor" and I hope we see more of this adult mature level Star Wars in the future.  I'm holding out hope, probably in vain, that "The Acolyte" will be on this level.  

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 5:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rbutcher:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

He's not Snoke.
The actor played Snoke.

That is correct, but Snoke was created in a Cloning facility after the battle of Endor.

Same. Absolutely nothing good or cool came out of them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 5:52:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

I think this series is going to really enhance the ending of "Rogue One," because now when Andor dies on that beach it's not just him dying in a sense it's every single unsung hero that sacrificed everything to destroy the Empire dying on that beach.  

I think it's great too how the "Force" is basically guiding Andor every step of the way. The "Force" is "Destiny."  Again and again Andor is exposed to these incredibly good people doing whatever is necessary for victory and its shaping him into exactly what he needs to be in order to be that catalyst for bring about real balance to the Force once again.  In so many ways the Force isn't just with Luke Skywalker it's with all these people guiding them.  This keeps to the central mystical tenant of the Force in a very realistic fashion.

I love "The Mandalorian", it's a great series and really fit for the whole family.  However, I also love "Andor" and I hope we see more of this adult mature level Star Wars in the future.  I'm holding out hope, probably in vain, that "The Acolyte" will be on this level.  

View Quote

Yeah, Mandalorian has been so badass he invaded Boba's show.

And as "dark Star Wars" goes, Mandalore's history is filled with opportunity there.  Hopefully Disney will keep these crews working on this kind of content instead of the ones who pumped out that drivel known as the sequels.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 5:58:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#5]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
True about Mon Milfma being married young but she was obviously disgusted by it when it entered the discussion.

She will pimp her daughter. This show is just that dark.
View Quote

I saw that a little differently. It wasn't that she was disgusted by marrying off her child, it was disgust at the potential suitor's family. She was already unhappy about paying him, clearly unhappy to even be in the same room.

Though, I do agree I think she'll end up doing it. It fits with the central theme of sacrifice.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:10:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Naporter:

I saw that a little differently. It wasn't that she was disgusted by marrying off her child, it was disgust at the potential suitor's family. She was already unhappy about paying him, clearly unhappy to even be in the same room.
View Quote

She was clearly propositioned about hooking her daughter up with his son and specifically told not for marriage.  Dude wants her daughter to get with his son and that disgusts her for both the act and the slimy banker family involvement.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Though, I do agree I think she'll end up doing it. It fits with the central theme of sacrifice.
View All Quotes
True about Mon Milfma being married young but she was obviously disgusted by it when it entered the discussion.

She will pimp her daughter. This show is just that dark.

I think she was most disturbed at the fact that she was considering it. As the guy said on his way out, her claiming otherwise was the first lie she had spoken in their meeting.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]

And as "dark Star Wars" goes, Mandalore's history is filled with opportunity there.  Hopefully Disney will keep these crews working on this kind of content instead of the ones who pumped out that drivel known as the sequels.
View Quote

Yup.

The link to telling the rise of The Rule of Two can be introduced by revealing more of Mandalore and properly world building.

Introducing the 3rd party view point of the Sith and the Jedi can be hugely fascinating if done right.

That opens the door to people becoming fascinated with the lesser of two evils as it relates to the force.

Then they get interested in the Rule of Two.

But only if it is given this Andor level of attention to detail.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:30:18 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

He's not Snoke.
The actor played Snoke.

What movie?  
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:35:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#10]

She was clearly propositioned about hooking her daughter up with his son and specifically told not for marriage.  Dude wants her daughter to get with his son and that disgusts her for both the act and the slimy banker family involvement.
View All Quotes

He's a snake and angling for influence. He's a sketchy banker trying to get a connection to a wealthy, powerful politician. A hookup between their kids serves no purpose there. Having them emotionally attached does, hence an "introduction" as opposed to an arranged marriage.

She doesn't want her daughter to have anything to do with his son, but as was said above, she was considering it, and he knew it.  He'll get what he wants.

And I don't think Disney will cross that line. A PG rated adolescent romance is in their wheelhouse.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By LatentUser:

Could also explain why Rex was able to overcome/question the initial Order66 command.
View Quote

Rex wasn’t able to resist, he actually had the control chip surgically removed from his brain in one of the Bad Batch episodes. They delved deeper into the history of order 66 in Bad Batch. Definitely worth watching.

Basically, if a clone had a functional chip in their head, they 100% had blood lust for the Jedi. See how fast Cody turned on Obi Wan.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:49:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Naporter] [#12]
Originally Posted By ZA206:

Rex wasn’t able to resist, he actually had the control chip surgically removed from his brain in one of the Bad Batch episodes. They delved deeper into the history of order 66 in Bad Batch. Definitely worth watching.

Basically, if a clone had a functional chip in their head, they 100% had blood lust for the Jedi. See how fast Cody turned on Obi Wan.
View All Quotes

Could also explain why Rex was able to overcome/question the initial Order66 command.

Rex had has removed during the end of TCW series. Ahsoka aided in its removal.  The ones removed during Bad Batch were their chips after Rex found out they hadn't had them removed.

But he was right. Rex initially resisted it, telling her to look into Fives and Tup.  The chip took full control pretty quickly though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:53:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Rex had has removed during the end of TCW series. Ahsoka aided in its removal.

But he was right. Rex initially resisted it, telling her to look into Fives and Tup.
View All Quotes

But he was right. Rex initially resisted it, telling her to look into Fives and Tup.

Yes

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#14]

What movie?  
View All Quotes

He's not Snoke.
The actor played Snoke.

What movie?  

Exactly!
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I've been pleasantly surprised with most of the Disney series.

Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:18:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#16]

And I don't think Disney will cross that line. A PG rated adolescent romance is in their wheelhouse.
View Quote

The first episode had a brothel, strip club and cold blooded murder by the protagonist.  Other episodes had hook ups, drug use and other straight up murders.  A mother pimping out her daughter is not out of the question.  Andor is not the SW we knew but it is the SW we wanted.  
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#17]

The first episode had a brothel, strip club and cold blooded murder by the protagonist.  Other episodes had hook ups, drug use and other straight up murders.  A mother pimping out her daughter is not out of the question.  Andor is not the SW we knew but it is the SW we wanted.  
View All Quotes

She's a minor. They won't go that route.  It's a third rail they're not stupid enough to touch.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]

She's a minor. They won't go that route.  It's a third rail they're not stupid enough to touch.
View Quote

They've pointed out repeatedly that Mon's home planet has its own particular culture. Her stating that she was married at 15 and it being completely normal, sets up her daughter likely having an arranged marriage at a young age also. And just because the kids meet now doesn't mean the marriage wouldn't wait a few years
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]
I don't know what they did but the blasters in this show have some serious oomph to them both in the sound department and when they hit their target. A couple guys in the prison break were hit in the thigh or otherwise non critical areas, didn't matter, they were toast.

I'm glad the Imperials are being depicted as competent with their weapons as well. It adds to the actual sense of danger and risk, rather than having Imperials and Storm Troopers basically serve as comic foils. I never liked feeling like I had to believe that the Empire established military supremacy across thousands of star systems by being a bunch of ineffectual dweebs.

The entire prison setting was frankly terrifying in the way it was depicted as bleak and minimalist as possible, relying almost entirely on psychological effect to keep the prisoners in line.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#20]
Andor popped a quality assurance shot on a guard during the prison break. Dude wasn’t down from the first blast but the anchor shot did it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By mcantu:

They've pointed out repeatedly that Mon's home planet has its own particular culture. Her stating that she was married at 15 and it being completely normal, sets up her daughter likely having an arranged marriage at a young age also. And just because the kids meet now doesn't mean the marriage wouldn't wait a few years
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mcantu:

Which is not what he's suggesting will happen. He's insinuating she'll be pimped out for a hookup with the son.

It'll stay PG. They won't even hint at it. It's a line they simply won't cross.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 7:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mancat] [#22]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:
If what they were making in prison were Death Star parts, Director Krennic is going to be piiised when he finds out about it.
View Quote

Yep I called it earlier in the thread. Structural ties for the framework of a large spherical object. The DS would likely require thousands if not millions of such parts.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 8:00:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#23]

Which is not what he's suggesting will happen. He's insinuating she'll be pimped out for a hookup with the son.

View Quote

We shall see but they have already crossed the line by alluding to it. This is not the Disney we have always see. It seems like GoT lite right now.

They show the act but they will ensure we know what happens.

Remember they did have a scene where she got an adult, sexy, evening gown. That was a set up for more adult action from the character.

Everything in this series is for a purpose. Everything!

Mon is the only Rebel who hasn’t had to sacrifice for the cause. She will.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:22:55 PM EDT
[#24]

And extremely unemotionally in his actions.

No remorse or elation, just “pew” and move on.

Psychopathic in a way. It is games if thrones shit now.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Vonbongo:

I wondered if anyone was going to mention that, he’s turned into a stone cold killer.  Not even a hit of hesitation in doing so.

Great series so far

And extremely unemotionally in his actions.

No remorse or elation, just “pew” and move on.

Psychopathic in a way. It is games if thrones shit now.

I don't think it is psychopathic at all. They just heard they have nothing left to lose: they will die in the prison system no matter what.

With nothing to lose, it's a practical matter of fighting their way out.  Remove the obstacle (guard) immediately in your path, and move onto the next.  And the next.

An emotional response will come later if at all.  He was feeling the toll after the payroll heist, right before he killed the dude who tried to bribe him.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:25:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

The volume of folks getting picked up and sent to work prisons would have been massive as well... imagine the backlog of such data even if they did check might take them 6+ months before the records would be processed through the databases.

More likely they'll run the prisoners revolting/escaping against known/wanted people and find they probably had more than one in that facility like many others that they'd been looking for
View Quote

Like waiting on a Form 4.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:40:01 PM EDT
[#26]

View All Quotes

He's not Snoke.
The actor played Snoke.

World Between Worlds Rebels episode is the explanation I use for this.

Those movies that shall not be named are from an alternate timeline where Ahsoka wasn't pulled back into the timeline and never met Grogu.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 9:55:01 PM EDT
[#27]

We shall see but they have already crossed the line by alluding to it. This is not the Disney we have always see. It seems like GoT lite right now.

They show the act but they will ensure we know what happens.

Remember they did have a scene where she got an adult, sexy, evening gown. That was a set up for more adult action from the character.

Everything in this series is for a purpose. Everything!

Mon is the only Rebel who hasn’t had to sacrifice for the cause. She will.
View Quote

Coupled with Luthan's speech in the same episode, yes I think it's a foregone conclusion what Mon will end up doing.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:04:40 PM EDT
[#28]

View Quote

Hahaha!  That's funny.

These are largely the people who approve tranny story hour, field trips to strip clubs for 6th graders, and co-Ed showers.

Even Disney cartoons have hidden sex references.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#29]
It'd be cool if there's an object tracking shot, following the widgets out of the prison and to the DS and being installed to do whatever.  Like the bullet in the beginning of Lord of War.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 10:59:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LatentUser] [#30]

View All Quotes

I’ve watched BB once and season 7 of TCW twice.    .    It depends which back story you want to pick.   Where he hesitated to fire on Ashoka telling her to get 5’s (then shooting), or him getting knocked out and the chip removed by the droid.   Screenrant covers it somewhat well.

I think I’m remembering that right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#31]
Could the slave labor planet be what eventually becomes the death star?

Obviously, I need to re-watch the prequels which I would do if they were any good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Coffin-Nail:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:34:48 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

The Death Star wasn’t a planet, nor was it a moon.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope Karn gets himself some of that ISB pussy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:07:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 1:52:03 AM EDT
[#36]

View Quote
They tortured a 10 year old in Kenobi.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 3:03:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By mancat:

Yep I called it earlier in the thread. Structural ties for the framework of a large spherical object. The DS would likely require thousands if not millions of such parts.
View All Quotes
If what they were making in prison were Death Star parts, Director Krennic is going to be piiised when he finds out about it.

My thoughts, too.  Something like this:

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Except that isn’t how the Death Star has been shown while under construction.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 7:55:13 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

The series began with our protagonist leaving a brothel and shooting two cops. Not sure how PG that is.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:02:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: toadmeister] [#40]

View All Quotes

Why would they create structural ties with bushings/bearings for moving parts?    They Death Star structure would also be completed already at this time.

Let me guess, you weren’t very great building Lego’s as a kid?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#43]
I'm on the fringes of being a SW nerd.  I haven't read any of the books or seen the animated series.  Reading the thread, no one has mentioned that Luthen may be a Grey?
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:30:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#44]

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif
View All Quotes

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/EgcB5I3-51.gif

I'm not a Star Wars nerd obviously, I forgot the scene where they showed it under construction in the prequel. Honestly, I try to forget all of the movies beyond the original 3.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 10:41:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nottooslow] [#45]

I'm not a Star Wars nerd obviously, I forgot the scene where they showed it under construction in the prequel. Honestly, I try to forget all of the movies beyond the original 3.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Vaderrots.jpeg
View Quote

The prison (Narkina 5) was coming out of the ocean though, not sure how that could become a death star.

Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:03:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Coffin-Nail] [#46]
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

The prison (Narkina 5) was coming out of the ocean though, not sure how that could become a death star.

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/narkina-5-main_495a8873.jpeg?region=245%2C0%2C1429%2C804&width=960
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Andor-10-prison.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nottooslow:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ee/Vaderrots.jpeg

https://lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/v1/images/narkina-5-main_495a8873.jpeg?region=245%2C0%2C1429%2C804&width=960
https://www.belloflostsouls.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Andor-10-prison.jpg

Just a random thought that popped into my head, nothing else.

ETA: Born from the idea of how much resources it would take to make something like that and what they were constructing. Maybe they used the planet up in the making of it.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

Yes

https://y.yarn.co/300906b5-1e67-4950-8fbc-401adb16c9c0_text.gif

Yes, but Fives could only resist it for like less than a minute before he was full on Order 66.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#48]
I know this isn't right but I like to think that the odd number floors put the pieces together and the even number floors just take them back apart.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaerMorhenResident:

Agreed, but I do think that Disney will try and keep "The Mandalorian" to a show with broad appeal across age ranges so that children can enjoy it. I mean let's be honest Andor isn't exactly exciting for children to watch and I do like that Star Wars is still family friendly.

The one that bothers me about Andor is the introduction of homosexuality into the Star War galaxy, because I do think that Star Wars still needs to be a very family friendly show even if they are going dark with it.  However, I will give Andor some credit, because it hasn't had to use nudity or swearing and it's so damn good you don't even notice that and it yet it is still very "mature."  

It kind of reminds me of how Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade was great, but it only ever implied sex had no nudity and no swearing.  Great stuff can be made without having to pander or go cheap with game of thrones level of nudity or lots of swearing. Sounds corny, but to me as someone who as a child grew up with Star Wars its really important that future generations of children can do the same.
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81pxcuwYOXL.jpg
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By von_landstuhl:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81pxcuwYOXL.jpg

Exactly. Plus the security of that place, the fact that nobody there was every going to see freedom again makes it ideal to construct parts for the Death Star in secret.  

It was a brilliant set too, they only had to build the one room and just say "every floor looks exactly the same" and you believe it because it's a soulless prison so it worked while also making their set budget less expensive.  

Page / 179
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top