Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2023 7:04:48 PM EDT
Have we done this one yet? Lots of cool info in yhe video but I’m wondering how that chickened leg little boy man is going to link the PA scope and sling in the description but not clue us into where those sweet brushstroke shorts came from! Freaking PA shill!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhPaTnbj7s&pp=ygUOVGJ0diByaG9kZXNpYW4%3D
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it really so hard?

Upgrading the Classic Rhodesian FAL Rifle: Is it Worth It?
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is it really so hard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrhPaTnbj7s
View Quote

Yes, and thank you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:13:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not worth it IMO. The FAL was never deployed as the base of a sniper/DMR platform unlike many other guns of it's generation.

It's better to appreciate it for what it is. A great battle rifle that's also fun to shoot.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's not worth it IMO. The FAL was never deployed as the base of a sniper/DMR platform unlike many other guns of it's generation.

It's better to appreciate it for what it is. A great battle rifle that's also fun to shoot.

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#5]
@cardboardkiller

we need that belgian beast action
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#6]
It’s been done.

Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:40:04 PM EDT
[#7]

21st Century FAL, nearly perfect. NRCH and a 13 position gas plug and it’s the epitome of Battle Rifle, Perfected.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:58:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are a number of sniper./DMR type variants.  The only recent one I can think of is the one Ireland did a couple of decades ago or so, but FALs were employed in this capacity.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:41:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I certainly enjoyed mine 30 years ago when my eyes were better with the 4X hensdolt  scope- dialed it to 1 00-400yds and right ont he money, great groups. THe pity is all the hoops one has to go thru to suppress it, it's not like I thought just dialing the gas back.
So not messing with my 1958 G-series all numbered, it goes to the grand son.
I will take it out for a walk in the sun in the next few years just for giggles. Heavy but it will get results.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 2:50:36 AM EDT
[#10]
I certainly enjoyed mine 30 years ago when my eyes were better with the 4X hensdolt  scope- dialed it to 1 00-400yds and right ont he money, great groups. THe pity is all the hoops one has to go thru to suppress it, it's not like I thought just dialing the gas back.
So not messing with my 1958 G-series all numbered, it goes to the grand son.
I will take it out for a walk in the sun in the next few years just for giggles. Heavy but it will get results.

Mark
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:22:54 AM EDT
[#11]

The SCAR has as much in common with a FAL as much as it does with an AK.

The modernized FAL is the Imbel IA2.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Attachment Attached File

I like my standard.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:55:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Saw that a few days ago good video on a good rifle. Can still slot commies.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:59:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm looking forward to seeing mine killing commies again.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:31:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
  Good call.  Mine is about 2 MOA cold but when it warms up vertical stringing is awful.  300 or 400 yards out you could aim center mass and maybe hit his head or maybe hit the knees.
 It is fun to shoot but a bitch to tote.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Watching china news the UN rapists had nice fals in the DRC Congo.I havs a fn select fire and armscorp fal.Monday my DSA 16 inch barrel folder gets here and I will elk hunt with it and some with my ar10 but using the same gun every day is not as fun.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 8:20:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
  Good call.  Mine is about 2 MOA cold but when it warms up vertical stringing is awful.  300 or 400 yards out you could aim center mass and maybe hit his head or maybe hit the knees.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortunately none of the FALs I've owned or shot had the vertical stringing issue.  I've taken mine out past 700 yards with irons and gotten hits on steel.  It's my favorite rifle I own.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#19]
I've also never had the vertical stringing to that extent.

You might want to check your headspace or adjust your gas system, something seems off.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:32:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#21]
@Chase45

Has one of the sexiest FALs out there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top