Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Her attendance is terrible, she will drop out any day now.    June 9th crowd in Etihad Stadium in Manchester.

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Donkey face
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:45:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've liked all of her early songs--probably because I'm not into music and don't take it seriously.  Just fun stuff, and she sounded good--with auto-tune.

Once she "evolved" (I guess) and tried the hip-hop crap she lost me.  Bleh!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well once you get past how supposedly good looking she is, there's not much talent there.
I've liked all of her early songs--probably because I'm not into music and don't take it seriously.  Just fun stuff, and she sounded good--with auto-tune.

Once she "evolved" (I guess) and tried the hip-hop crap she lost me.  Bleh!
If you have an example of Swift using auto-tune, I'd like to hear it. I'm not supporting her -- in fact, I don't think I've heard any of her songs all the way through -- but from what I remember hearing, auto-tune was not obvious. The Black Eyed Peas use auto-tune so much it's become part of their sound (because even after 25 years, will.i.am never learned to sing.)
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:48:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm amazed at how the white girls throw themselves at my best friend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If she wants to stay relevant she's gonna have to start dating black guys.

I'll go a head and take that hit guys and be her first...

But on a serious note. I actually like that song where she's ghost in the machine. It's a catchy beat.

TS problem now is going to be her audience age. The younger crowd has moved on to that girl from 5th Harmony and Grande. Pop stars usually fizzle out at the point Swift is in here career.
If she stayed country(pop country) she probably wouldn't have a problem.

Her tickets are priced pretty high but I don't know if they're that crazy compared to others.
I looked at some Carrie Underwood tickets the other day and I thought they were high.
I told my girl Carrie is my hall pass and if I get pulled up on stage I'm going for the kiss, I was told she'd bail me out of jail but there is going to be hell to pay for it later
Arsenio Hall effect still going strong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#6]
She should wear a meat suit ?? ??

It worked for Gaga.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 2:53:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
She should wear a meat suit ?? ??

It worked for Gaga.
View Quote
Looks like she's building her meat suit, one burger at a time.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:02:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had to take my wife Saturday to see Shania Twain. She filled The Q in Cleveland. Front row center tickets were insanely high priced but the show couldn't be beat. Our seats were in such a good spot her husband came and stood next to us to take pictures of Shania.
View Quote
I wonder if Shania Twain could actually sing lead when she 1st struck gold with "Any Man of Mine"? I know she had a brief career as a backup studio singer, but often wonder why the long lapse in time between her debut album release and her 1st tours? I always thought there was a lot of auto tune maybe was the reason.

Anyway, she is really easy on the eyes and sounds good to me. Just a wondering I've always had...
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
This tour is expected to gross $400 million.  I'd guess she'll be ok.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
If she was selling 6,000 tickets for a 60,000 seat venue I would say she may be worried. The number of acts who can charge that much and still get 38,000 sold is very few.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
She put on some weight.

I prefer the old skinny Taylor.
View Quote
She wouldn't be able to walk for a week after I was done with that ass.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Like the fist of an angry submarine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Y'all leave my Tay Tay alone.

Sure, the latest album wasn't that good, but Red and Fearless are still solid.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Her new music sucks.  Simple as that.

Of course, that didn't stop my wife from buying her and my daughter tickets
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:21:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The nicest of legs are usually attached to what you chubby chasers call a flat ass.  Thus, as a leg man, a flat ass is OK in my book.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In before the flat ass lovers.
The nicest of legs are usually attached to what you chubby chasers call a flat ass.  Thus, as a leg man, a flat ass is OK in my book.
Naw dude. Get both.

A flat ass is not okay but thick legs with a flat ass is tragic.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:43:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

But on a serious note. I actually like that song where she's ghost in the machine. It's a catchy beat.

TS problem now is going to be her audience age. The younger crowd has moved on to that girl from 5th Harmony and Grande. Pop stars usually fizzle out at the point Swift is in here career.

Her tickets are priced pretty high but I don't know if they're that crazy compared to others.
I looked at some Carrie Underwood tickets the other day and I thought they were high.
I told my girl Carrie is my hall pass and if I get pulled up on stage I'm going for the kiss, I was told she'd bail me out of jail but there is going to be hell to pay for it later
View Quote
You'd have to call me Excalibur if Carrie Underwood pulled me up on stage.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's exactly what I heard as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's by design. She has marketed tickets at a higher price than usual and restricted the ability of scalpers/mass resellers that  would buy up huge chunk of underpriced tickets and resell them. In the end, tay tay makes more money this way even if she is not selling out.
Riiiight, of course it's by design.

It's universally understood that it is much better to sell out a smaller venue than play a larger one that is only two thirds full.

No artist wants to look out and see 18,000 empty seats.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 5:59:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Maybe the fact she is a raging bitch liberal that writes music for 12 year olds has something to do with it. Or possibly that she ran through some British sausage a few years back had something to do with it too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:01:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Some meat on her bones looks alright from behind, but she needs a little more muscular definition in her legs. You’d think that she would have more, since she’s always wearing really tall heels.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#24]
From the frontal view, she's sporting a big white trash beer belly

She'll probably get inked up with a sleeve any day now.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:10:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's universally understood that it is much better to sell out a smaller venue than play a larger one that is only two thirds full.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's by design. She has marketed tickets at a higher price than usual and restricted the ability of scalpers/mass resellers that  would buy up huge chunk of underpriced tickets and resell them. In the end, tay tay makes more money this way even if she is not selling out.

So do you book a 50k venue and sell 38k tickets or do the next largest venue and sell out 15k? Seriously....
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:15:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Her new album has fallen flat on it's ass.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't know dick about auto-tune--at least not beyond what I read here.  It was several years ago and a video was posted of her singing at some ill (terminal?) child's b'day party where she sounded absolutely horrible.  That spawned the video of the goat singing her songs, and then a discussion of her, and all modern singers (according to someone in the business who is a member here), using some device called auto-tune so as to sound good and perfectly on key.  I guess on key is important and auto-tune does that--but only in the recording studio.  I heard her sing on "Dancing With the Stars" and she sounded bad there too.

The impression I ended up with is that she's a talent song writer, but only a so-so singer, and obviously well marketed.  I'm not criticizing her, BTW, as she's made a boat load of money, and that's what it's all about for entertainers.  If she quits today she will "live happily ever after"--and I wish her well.  

Edit:  This goat thing was put up in 2013, so it's been a while--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgx5MY72Dk
View Quote
The goat is Stevie Nicks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me tell ya Bama
At this one place I worked.  I was one of 3 or 4 black guys.
I had pickings man. I'm talking about a dept manager and HR lady and others making offers and showing me nudes or even tits at work .
But by the same token I got a white buddy and black girls always throwing themselves at him and telling me give them his number. I'm not talking those ghetto queens either.

My current girl is white and she has old school white girl ass

But she knows Carrie is mine if given the chance...
I'd settle for Taylor too because she has long nice legs, my girl is short but her legs in heels
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
Thats the one I was talking about gooseman. I like that song.
I wanna see the things she does in her dreams
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:43:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You'd have to call me Excalibur if Carrie Underwood pulled me up on stage.
View Quote
It's going to be threads of legend here if I get pulled up there.
You guys are gonna be like Dapzel was joking

Now a Carrie thread
Attachment Attached File

Like I said. My girl already told me she would bail me out but from that point on I'm pretty much her slave lol
It would be worth it though.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Was front row at her Denver show. 58,000 people were in attendance. 10/10, would go again.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So do you book a 50k venue and sell 38k tickets or do the next largest venue and sell out 15k? Seriously....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Artists are willing to make concessions in order to have the words SOLD OUT next to a date.

The assertion is that Taylor is doing the opposite, i.e. conceding to playing a venue that is a third empty in order to maximize her gross income.

I don't know if that report is true, but I do know that there are reasons why packing a venue nuts to butts is overwhelmingly considered paramount.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
She's also struggling to fill the backside of her pants.
View Quote
Haha, nailed it
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:18:20 PM EDT
[#35]
"But fans have been put off by pricey tickets "

I've been to one concert this year. $100+ per ticket is absurd.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Was front row at her Denver show. 58,000 people were in attendance. 10/10, would go again.
View Quote
If I got raped for the cost of a front row seat to her show I would say it was a 10/10 too.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
I wonder if we met

My wife dragged me there ended up being a good time
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:56:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Tickets were overpriced, and that was a tactical error by her management and promoters.

I'm not going to hate on her.  The video DKP posted was a catchy pop song.  Her music isn't exactly my style but it has its market.  If I had daughters I'd rather they were Tay Tay fans than fans of some of the human garbage out there.

I do remember when that happened and I said to myself, "Shit, that girl is going to be a superstar." And she is.  Good for her.  And good job by her parents raising her and completely rearranging their lives so she could be what she is.

GD.  Sheesh.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
"But fans have been put off by pricey tickets "

I've been to one concert this year. $100+ per ticket is absurd.
View Quote
Front row for this was $1400.00

But damn man, what nice legs on a 51 year old!

Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:09:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

“My name is Dapzel, and I’m here to help you deal with your white guilt.”
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Trivia: She dedicates both that song and “Wildest Dreams” to me. She was going to put in in the album jacket notes, but there’s contracts and space limitations. So, it’s just TayTay’s and my little secret.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:16:33 PM EDT
[#42]
She isn’t all that
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:18:47 PM EDT
[#43]
May I?....

LOL
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's going to be threads of legend here if I get pulled up there.
You guys are gonna be like Dapzel was joking

Now a Carrie thread
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/126161/carrie_underwood-l-207x300-579877.JPG

Like I said. My girl already told me she would bail me out but from that point on I'm pretty much her slave lol
It would be worth it though.
View Quote
Best legs in the music industry right there.

Funny story: one of our local morning show radio dudes (rowdy beer and hockey type personality to paint the picture” asked some NHLer guest if they ever asked if they could sniff Mike Fisher’s glove. I about pissed myself.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Oh look, this music video of one of her latest songs has almost a billion views on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
In the short term, she profits.

But once word spreads that she cannot fill stadiums anymore, the press and the public won't take time to analyze her business model.  Instead, they will start talking about how her star is fading and her popularity has waned.  That can become a death spiral of public opinion regardless of how good her music or live shows are.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#48]
I would fill her stadium.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, her net worth is only about $300 million dollars, so clearly she is a horrible failure at life by arfcom standards.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only 38000, woe is me.
Yeah, her net worth is only about $300 million dollars, so clearly she is a horrible failure at life by arfcom standards.  
Then why is she still working?
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 10:30:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She put on some weight.

https://i.redd.it/wxmopa9dwm411.jpg

I prefer the old skinny Taylor.
View Quote
Well no wonder ticket sales are down
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top