Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2015 1:22:39 AM EDT

MARCH 9--A trio of teenage burglars who stole cash, jewelry, electronics, and prescription drugs from a Missouri residence also thought they got away with a stash of cocaine they found in a wooden box, only to later discover that the powder was actually the cremated remains of the homeowner’s ?father, police report.

Upon determining that they were not, in fact, in possession of cocaine, the teens discarded the remains out the window of their getaway car. One of the burglars actually tasted the powder and realized it was not a controlled substance.

Details of the November 22 burglary of the residence in St. Peters are contained in a probable cause statement that was drafted in connection with the filing last week of multiple felony charges against Devin Gesell, 17. Gesell’s two accomplices, ages 15 and 16, are being tried as juveniles.

According to investigators, Gesell (pictured above) confessed to the burglary, saying he served as lookout while the other minors broke into the residence and took $825 in cash and items the homeowner valued at more than $2000. The trio also swiped “the ashes/remains of the victim’s father,” cops noted.

As for the location of the remains, Gesell “stated that the bag of ashes/remains was discarded after they realized that it was not cocaine.”

View Quote

thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/teen-burglars-mistook-cremated-remains-for-cocaine-876593
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Sad but funny.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:26:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't everyone keep their blow in a jar on the mantle?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:36:53 AM EDT
[#3]
"Just a bump, to get my mind right."

Kind of fucked up. I have family in St. Peters. It's a really nice area compared to what's across the river.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:46:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder how many lines it took them to figure out it wasn't cocaine?

This just reminds me of that South Park episode where Kenny possesses Cartman because Cartman thought Kenny's ashes were chocolate milk mix.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This just reminds me of that South Park episode where Kenny possesses Cartman because Cartman thought Kenny's ashes were chocolate milk mix.
View Quote

Then the Chef brings him to Scotland.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 1:52:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

HOLD ON ILL SEE IF I HAVE TREE FIDDY!

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 2:07:29 AM EDT
[#7]
See, Drug Warriors?  These are the people we're spending trillions of dollars to keep in the gene pool.

"May Darwin be with you, my son."
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I think we've all been there
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:18:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Hardcore, man.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Missouri. Damnit. Why couldn't it have been Florida?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:20:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Still not as good of a story as the teens that broke in to a dairy farm and stole Oxytocin thinking it was Oxycontin. One ended up in the ER having violent contractions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:24:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:02:05 AM EDT
[#13]
They may have started a new trend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Doesn't everyone keep their blow in a jar on the mantle?
View Quote
With big letters, "Daddy," across the front.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:09:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

They did steal jewelry though that would be quite a fail if the officers didn't bother to take the stolen items off of him before booking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top