Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2024 6:12:00 AM EDT
First off, I know it has mixed reviews & the negatives almost had me passing on it, but my kids drug me into it, again, & It’s been pretty fun.

You can go read what everyone has to say about it & much of the criticism is valid, but so are the positive ones. At about 120hrs into it I have to say there are aspects of it I like pretty well.

The biggest pro I see is the Dev team’s perspectives & responses, thus far, to its player base. They actually seem to be listening to us & implementing changes we want to see.

My highest appreciation is they don’t seem to want to jump in & micromanage or nerf everything. They actually have expressed excitement for how people have pushed builds to newer, different, heights outside their original intended scopes, & thusly aren’t rushing in to take away, or spay, those builds, but instead add more content to challenge you to explore other characters meta builds.

Yes, I know it can be viewed as similar to this game, or that, which hey, very few games don’t intertwine some aspect of other games. Almost every looter shooter is going to have similarities.

I’ve seen comparisons to Warframe, (which I’ve never played), Outriders, Phantasy Star, Hell Divers (which I have), etc. comparatively there are areas where TFD seems more in-depth, & other areas where it isn’t even close, & that’s not always a bad thing.

If anyone is playing I’m down for squading up. I’m recently at end game & while my builds are still developing I can be of assistance to new players working through story progression.

I imagine there are people even farther along & I would always appreciate help with Hard level content myself.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 12:24:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skootr] [#1]
I just hit 480 hours played.    The only descendant I do not have is Hailey, the new one.   I'm 15 codes away from unlocking that, have the 3 other parts crafted.   I have not bought a single character.

If you like looter shooters with decent RNG grind, it's a decent game.  Difficulty is kinda low IMO, so not too much of a challenge.  The biggest challenge the random retards you can get grouped with for some bosses.

Feel free to ping me on steam, as I'll likely miss any in game messages.  More than happy to help carry through some bosses as long as you are not complete shit. :)

edit: can also ping me on discord
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skootr:
I just hit 480 hours played.    The only descendant I do not have is Hailey, the new one.   I'm 15 codes away from unlocking that, have the 3 other parts crafted.   I have not bought a single character.

If you like looter shooters with decent RNG grind, it's a decent game.  Difficulty is kinda low IMO, so not too much of a challenge.  The biggest challenge the random retards you can get grouped with for some bosses.

Feel free to ping me on steam, as I'll likely miss any in game messages.  More than happy to help carry through some bosses as long as you are not complete shit. :)

edit: can also ping me on discord
View Quote

Cool.

I guess I’m about 160hrs now… man time flies.

It would be nice to have some help myself. I have a near maxed Ult Lepic, minus Ext components & Top tier Reactor. I can get them to drop solo, but the damage just doesn’t finish stacking like it needs to.

Only problems I have is being squishy on resets. 😂
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 2:13:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Skootr] [#3]
Lepic:
Bossing Reactor:   Fire/tech - Impact (green) ammo weapon (stat stick) only need fire rate, weapon swap speed, and Sharp Precision Shot maxed out), not using it to shoot.  Colossi Damage + Crit rate/damage or tech boost.

Aux Power:  HP support + Mana regen outside combat + HP
Support Sensor:  HP Support + Max MP + Mana regen in combat
Memory: DEF Support + DEF + Mana Regen Modifier
CPU: HP Support + Max shield + what ever

Honestly those are the optimal components for almost all the characters.
You can work with set bonuses and such, and some of them do help.  But they are not required IMO, and it's a pain in the balls to get good rolls on them.

Think I end up like 8K HP and 10K defense, but been a bit since I bossed with lepic as he was my first toon, and 2nd ultimate so I might be slightly off on those numbers.  You can drop DPS mods on your character for more defense/HP/resists until you learn the fight.  Then build more glass cannon.   As the saying goes, you can't DPS if you are dead.

I'm also able to put out like 15/16 ultimate weapon shots per activation.  Could be closer to 20 if I focused on duration/set bonuses,  but generally bosses are out of down state by then and missing/frenzy meter building is bad.   Can't begin to count the number of times bad Lepics just ult at bad times and just push a boss to frenzy and waste 50% of their shots lol.
Link Posted: 9/11/2024 3:03:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gtfoxy] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Skootr:
Lepic:
Bossing Reactor:   Fire/tech - Impact (green) ammo weapon (stat stick) only need fire rate, weapon swap speed, and Sharp Precision Shot maxed out), not using it to shoot.  Colossi Damage + Crit rate/damage or tech boost.

Aux Power:  HP support + Mana regen outside combat + HP
Support Sensor:  HP Support + Max MP + Mana regen in combat
Memory: DEF Support + DEF + Mana Regen Modifier
CPU: HP Support + Max shield + what ever

Honestly those are the optimal components for almost all the characters.
You can work with set bonuses and such, and some of them do help.  But they are not required IMO, and it's a pain in the balls to get good rolls on them.

Think I end up like 8K HP and 10K defense, but been a bit since I bossed with lepic as he was my first toon, and 2nd ultimate so I might be slightly off on those numbers.  You can drop DPS mods on your character for more defense/HP/resists until you learn the fight.  Then build more glass cannon.   As the saying goes, you can't DPS if you are dead.

I'm also able to put out like 15/16 ultimate weapon shots per activation.  Could be closer to 20 if I focused on duration/set bonuses,  but generally bosses are out of down state by then and missing/frenzy meter building is bad.   Can't begin to count the number of times bad Lepics just ult at bad times and just push a boss to frenzy and waste 50% of their shots lol.
View Quote

If you look at Moxsy’s Ult Lepic that’s basically what I have, minus Firearm Master at this point ( don’t have it) & I use a different module than Battle Stamina, don’t remember what it is off the top of my head. Everything is maxed except Skill Insight, which is just a couple clicks away. I have only one more slot to socket. Should have that done tonight.

One thing is I’m slowly working to MR15, I’m sure there are character stats holding me back, but it’s just been a real slow climb past 13.

I just started getting high external sets, the rolls have just sucked. This new RNG drop off is screwing with me.

I’m getting to 14 shots of Overkill ATM, so I’m not too far off.

Yeah, you may need to walk me through some boss mechanics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top