Site Notices
Page / 126
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:28:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_J:

It’s a wait list to get on them and they’re expensive. I don’t care for a high cost rally with lots of amenities, as most of them are lost on me. I just want fun driving.

Instead, I was one of the featured cars at the GAS ATL German car meet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/IMG_0029-3201335.jpg
View Quote

Great pic, gonna save this for wallpaper.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:40:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
A 991 Turbo S joined the stable today.

I have tuner cars with strong 4 figure HP numbers so even a Turbo S is “‘meh” in the “stomp it” category….but as a “often” daily, it is such a magnificent car.  

Porsche really is the answer to “I want a car that does it all!!!”

https://i.postimg.cc/ZKq5DFkM/IMG-0056.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.postimg.cc/ZKq5DFkM/IMG-0056.jpg
View Quote

Very nice

Originally Posted By Hulley:
I was up in the mountains yesterday and saw a ton of Porsche GT models, even saw a 991.2 GT2 RS and a couple GT4 RS, they all sounded glorious.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/187410/IMG_6702_jpeg-3201035.JPG
View Quote

Love your car, came super close to adding an air cooled to the fleet the past week.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]

It’s a wait list to get on them and they’re expensive. I don’t care for a high cost rally with lots of amenities, as most of them are lost on me. I just want fun driving.

Instead, I was one of the featured cars at the GAS ATL German car meet.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174335/IMG_0029-3201335.jpg
View Quote

I love the yellow accents on that car. Freakin gorgeous
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:10:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Are there any durability concerns with adding a softronics tune to a 991.2 S PDK?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:

Very nice

Love your car, came super close to adding an air cooled to the fleet the past week.
View Quote

Looks like a member of this site is buying my SC, hopefully this Friday.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 1:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Any love for a carbon airbox on a GT4?

20 seconds above 7,400rpm @8:50.

LOUD EARGASMS! Carbon RS Airbox! Porsche Cayman GT4! // Nürburgring

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:00:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Skydivesnake] [#10]
Originally Posted By Toasted:
Are there any durability concerns with adding a softronics tune to a 991.2 S PDK?
View Quote

I did it on my 2017 991.2 S PDK, no issues, no CELs, sharpened up the throttle response quite a bit, would recommend. I believe the engine can be tuned to quite a bit beyond what the Softronic tune does, so there is some margin for reliability in there I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Hahah. Cool. I just watched his vid.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#13]
I think I fucked up. I was browsing CPO cars and came across this gem. . While white isnt my top color choice it otherwise checked every damn box I wanted...Extended range tank, 18 way seats, sport chrono, axle lift, puddle lights and had the aero kit to boot. I can live without the aero kit but I think 911's just look better with a rear wing. Comes from the 911 whale tail days of my youth I suppose.

Anyways, I thought it felt a tad high on the price so filed it to the middle burner (Not the back burner, but not top of my priority list). Time went on until a few weeks had went by and I realized shit, I should follow up on this. I called the dealer on it, already sold. Damnit. I suppose maybe it wasnt as "too high" of a price as I thought it was......

Emailed the Seattle dealer as well to ask him to keep an eye out. But it makes me wonder about the aero kit, how hard is it to install something aftermarket to get a rear wing? Does the aero kit change ground clearance and approach angles all that much?
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 5:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
I think I fucked up. I was browsing CPO cars and came across this gem. . While white isnt my top color choice it otherwise checked every damn box I wanted...Extended range tank, 18 way seats, sport chrono, axle lift, puddle lights and had the aero kit to boot. I can live without the aero kit but I think 911's just look better with a rear wing. Comes from the 911 whale tail days of my youth I suppose.

Anyways, I thought it felt a tad high on the price so filed it to the middle burner (Not the back burner, but not top of my priority list). Time went on until a few weeks had went by and I realized shit, I should follow up on this. I called the dealer on it, already sold. Damnit. I suppose maybe it wasnt as "too high" of a price as I thought it was......

Emailed the Seattle dealer as well to ask him to keep an eye out. But it makes me wonder about the aero kit, how hard is it to install something aftermarket to get a rear wing? Does the aero kit change ground clearance and approach angles all that much?
View Quote

I absolutely love the 992 w/aero kit, they look badass.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#15]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Very nice

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

View Quote

They drove away about an hour ago, I have very mixed feelings on this.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:29:32 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

Oh man! Hopefully the funds are going towards another P-car
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:39:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#18]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:

They offered the aero kit for around $7K last January 2023.  By the end of that month, that option on the T was no longer available until recently.  We were talking about that last night and if you price it out after the fact, it is really expensive when you factor in paint. . .  I really like them with the aero kit.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:40:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Oh man! Hopefully the funds are going towards another P-car
View Quote

They are for sure, I've been underemployed for a while and looks like I have something good in the works, so when that gets settled, I'll pick something up, leaning towards a GT4 or 991.2 Carrera .
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 6:45:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

They offered the aero kit for around $7K last January 2023.  By the end of that month, that option on the T was no longer available until recently.  We were talking about that last night and if you price it out after the fact, it is really expensive when you factor in paint. . . I want to say it’s almost 3X.  I really like them with the aero kit.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309803/IMG_3625_jpeg-3204687.JPG
View Quote

Great pic, love seeing the old and new.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:33:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CUJO-] [#21]
$4,895 (primered) for the rear wing  plus the cost of paint and $5K for the sport design front/rear bumper. The problem my friend said is the third brake light that has to be disconnected from the motorized rear wing and then reconnected to the new harness for the aero kit rear wing.  That was a problem a year ago but that might have changed with the dealerships knowing how to program the ECU.  Porsche claims that there is an issue if you just go with the aero kit rear wing only.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:43:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 4:34:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Osprey61] [#23]
CSB...driving through our little town yesterday and there's a lime green GT3 rs sitting in the downtown. Pretty cool, I've never seen one before. Walking the dog a little bit ago and there's another GT3 rs sitting outside the marina restaurant, this one silver and black.

It's not the money...this is one of the last places on earth I'd be doing high speed blasts in the countryside, there are deer, elk and moose all over the damn place. We went out for a joy ride yesterday in my roadster and most of it was at 40mph tops after the third hard brake for wildlife.

Anyway, silver and black guy putted by me and headed out. He got to the four lane about a mile away and stretched it out. My neighbor and I were still listening to that thing three miles off. It's a glorious noise, and I'm a little surprised that exhaust is street legal.

PSA...If you're in this neck of the woods (north Idaho) mid May, Lost in the 50s is the 17th and 18th in the downtown. They block off most of the downtown for what's supposed to be a 1950s themed car show, but all kinds of crazy nice stuff shows up. Muscle, sports, post-apocalypse (not kidding)...you name it. Some of the old boys around here are very well-heeled, and keep some way cool stuff garaged just for the show.

No charge for the car show, and thousands of people show up over the two days.
Flyer
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Really fun story:

Today the wife were coming back from watching the horse race at a restaurant and came through a roundabout that has a clubhouse.  People were having a party for whatever reason there. An older kid with with eye black and whitesox gear was outside and yelled "mom it's a Porsche!".  I could tell he was mentally disabled but pumped about the car. Dropped the wife off 1/2 mile away and immediately went back and pulled up to the clubhouse. He came back out with his parents all excited.  I asked if he wanted to sit in the car, and of of course he did. Pictures were taken of my new friend Nick in the car, but I wanted to make it special. I said "want to go for a ride? If it's OK with your parents.". They obliged and we went for a rip. After learning he loves baseball and the Sox (not my bag of tea) I asked if he wanted to help me shift gears. I put the clutch in and with direction Nick was ripping through them. Got back and he couldn't wait to tell everyone at the party. I made his day.

Little did he know he made my entire month. Thanks Nick!

Sorry for the wall of text but it was a blast!
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:
Really fun story:

Today the wife were coming back from watching the horse race at a restaurant and came through a roundabout that has a clubhouse.  People were having a party for whatever reason there. An older kid with with eye black and whitesox gear was outside and yelled "mom it's a Porsche!".  I could tell he was mentally disabled but pumped about the car. Dropped the wife off 1/2 mile away and immediately went back and pulled up to the clubhouse. He came back out with his parents all excited.  I asked if he wanted to sit in the car, and of of course he did. Pictures were taken of my new friend Nick in the car, but I wanted to make it special. I said "want to go for a ride? If it's OK with your parents.". They obliged and we went for a rip. After learning he loves baseball and the Sox (not my bag of tea) I asked if he wanted to help me shift gears. I put the clutch in and with direction Nick was ripping through them. Got back and he couldn't wait to tell everyone at the party. I made his day.

View Quote

It's moments like this that really make it worth it, spreading a little joy to some who may otherwise not get to experience it.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Really fun story:

View Quote

Wow, how cool was that?!  That made my day.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:52:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Toasted:
View Quote

Likely not, makes the car super fast. I like to put the straight pipes on it too.
If it's under warranty and some thing fails you need to flash it back before you take it in. If not warranty just send it.

The 991 engines are pretty solid.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#28]

It's moments like this that really make it worth it, spreading a little joy to some who may otherwise not get to experience it.  
View Quote

100% couldn't agree more. My biggest regret is not getting a pic with him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:06:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By -CUJO-:

Wow, how cool was that?!  That made my day.
View Quote

Dude... still smiling. I loved every second and I'm sure he did too. Priceless.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 12:30:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 9:33:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Really fun story:

View Quote

Excellent. Good on you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:24:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I throw my key at pretty much anyone. The motto is “you can’t break it any worse than I can”.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]

Manuals rule
View Quote

Just put this one up for sale.  6MT

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:13:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:

Just put this one up for sale.  6MT

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/Cayman_-_1__1__jpeg-3207484.JPG
View Quote

Fantastic looking Cayman. Are you moving towards something else or thinning the herd?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 11:25:08 AM EDT
[#36]
Really fun story:

View Quote

So awesome! Love hearing stories like this!

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:37:41 AM EDT
[#37]

Fantastic looking Cayman. Are you moving towards something else or thinning the herd?
View Quote

Carrera T on order
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Took a nice canyon drive on Saturday with the garage queens:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:01:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By WWolfe:
Took a nice canyon drive on Saturday with the garage queens:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/489002/caymanM3_-_1_jpeg-3213257.JPG
View Quote

Love the E30 M3, great driver's car.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Porsche debuts new hybrid 911 on May 28

The beginning of the end.
View Quote

Yep, the NA GT3/RS are gonna be that much more valuable now.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Porsche debuts new hybrid 911 on May 28

The beginning of the end.
View Quote

It’s been coming. The 992.1 is the last of the analog tach and IC power train.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:03:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cixelsyd] [#43]
Had my two tone Taycan replica rims powder coated this week.  Got rid of the black/silver combo and went with bright aluminum.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Cixelsyd:
Had my two tone Taycan replica rims powder coated this week.  Got rid of the black/silver combo and went with bright aluminum.
https://i.imgur.com/upUKnc7.jpg

View Quote

Wow, that looks really good! The fitment looks good too. What year?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:38:09 PM EDT
[#45]
2016.  981 S.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:45:19 PM EDT
[#46]
2016.  981 S.
View Quote

Great car, I drove one a few years back and really loved it. First PDK car I ever drove.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#47]
I just cant win. Since I missed the one I liked and I cant find a used one as well optioned I figured fuck it I'd try to snag a new one. Now I cant find a dealer with a 992.1 C2 allocation. In fact Seattle dealer has no allocations. Waiting for a callback from Oregon to see if they maybe have a GTS allocation.

If I do go new I may end up in a 992.2 or have to settle for a 992.1 "as is".

Oh well....I guess its a good problem to have? "Woe is me I cant find the Porsche I want"
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/upUKnc7.jpg

View Quote

THAT is a proper combo. People that like black wheels need their heads examined.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jacon:

THAT is a proper combo. People that like black wheels need their heads examined.
View Quote

I used to think that way, but am coming around to black wheels.  Especially on silver/white/chalk colored Porsches

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:33:17 PM EDT
[#50]
It’s national Porsche month! (better than those other months amirite)

Attachment Attached File
Page / 126
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top