Link Posted: 5/23/2024 11:40:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Love the 991.2 GT3/RS
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 8:54:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Surf] [#7]
Attachment Attached File

First run for the year.  Broke my rule of calling people back on their terms and not mine.   Ruined the drive.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I love that color
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By NorthBridge:
I love that color
View Quote

Carmine red is best red
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 7:45:36 AM EDT
[#10]
The world premiere of the new Porsche 911

75 minutes to see the new 911 (992.2)
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Configurator has been updated too - base car is now $120k to start.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 10:32:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:03:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stlrain0341] [#13]
Originally Posted By D_J:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6172crew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfGgpSIg0Y

Well the NA rumors were certainly all wrong. Color options are … interesting. And looks like a manual is no longer an option on a GTS? This is making me feel way better about my BGTS 4.0 purchase
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:49:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:

Well the NA rumors were certainly all wrong. Color options are … interesting. And looks like a manual is no longer an option on a GTS? This is making me feel way better about my BGTS 4.0 purchase
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Stlrain0341:
Originally Posted By 6172crew:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bfGgpSIg0Y

If a person wasn't hung up on the MT option it sounds like you get the GTS turbos and Turbo S intercoolers.  For around 7 grand I can add those and a tune to my T.  The price hikes are what would hold me back from a new allocation.  

I do like a subtle changes on the front and rear fascia.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 2:01:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 2:22:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Makes me rethink the pdk option on my C2S. Freeze date is June 6th. May have to think about this. Also, 2+2 is no optional? Isn't that a HUGE change on the 911 platform?!
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 2:35:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Adding the rear seat is a $0 option.
View Quote
It is but to me it feels about like when Chevy took the Corvette from front engine to mid engine. Has the 911 ever been offered as a 2 seater?
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 5:16:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#20]
For the guys who have been around Porsches for a while and go to events and such, is the MT a comon option? Flipping through the CPO it looks like the MT isnt all that comon. I'm not overly worried about resale but as of now I have the PDK option checked and given the announcement I'm considering the MT.

I like the performance aspect of the PDK but the simple fact is I'm not a track star and never will be. For just open road driving the MT would be more fun and engaging I think. Granted, the MT will never launch like the PDK will and not even sure if the MT can handle clutch dumps the same way as the PDK will but at trhe end of the day the MT is more engaging and the PDK feels more performance oriented. Not sure which box to check at the moment, and its a big damn decision.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:56:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The manual is fun to drive even at normal speeds. I love the engagement, and will always pick 3 pedals if it’s an option to.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:05:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:13:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: maslin02] [#23]
We finally took a "real" Porsche on trade and it's a 993 C2 cab with an auto

Getting closer, been through a lot of SUVs and a few 997's. I'm not on the sales side at all, always hopeful something exciting will roll in.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:50:51 AM EDT
[#24]

The manual is worth an extra $5-15k in resale, depending on model.
View Quote
Shit I had no idea the MT was that much more desireable!
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:14:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: neshomamench] [#25]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
For the guys who have been around Porsches for a while and go to events and such, is the MT a comon option? Flipping through the CPO it looks like the MT isnt all that comon. I'm not overly worried about resale but as of now I have the PDK option checked and given the announcement I'm considering the MT.

I like the performance aspect of the PDK but the simple fact is I'm not a track star and never will be. For just open road driving the MT would be more fun and engaging I think. Granted, the MT will never launch like the PDK will and not even sure if the MT can handle clutch dumps the same way as the PDK will but at trhe end of the day the MT is more engaging and the PDK feels more performance oriented. Not sure which box to check at the moment, and its a big damn decision.
View Quote

I just picked up a CPO Turbo S (PDK)   I understand the desire to row gears....but you will not do it better than the PDK. The paddles really do scratch the itch. I am a life long drag racer, and have a shelf full of trophies from unimpressive classes to show I am better than those who never did it.... and I have very little experience on road courses (but I am learning). But again, those paddles really do scratch the itch.   I also have other cars (in some case much faster cars) with clutches.

I do not own a vintage Porsche (lets say pre 99) I would want a manual transmission in those. (and I really want to add a flachbau 930 to my stable and it will have the Lords transmission.....)
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

I just picked up a CPO Turbo S (PDK)   I understand the desire to row gears....but you will not do it better than the PDK. The paddles really do scratch the itch. I am a life long drag racer, and have a shelf full of trophies from unimpressive classes to show I am better than those who never did it.... and I have very little experience on road courses (but I am learning). But again, those paddles really do scratch the itch.   I also have other cars (in some case much faster cars) with clutches.

I do not own a vintage Porsche (lets say pre 99) I would want a manual transmission in those. (and I really want to add a flachbau 930 to my stable and it will have the Lords transmission.....)
View Quote
If the numbers are right, the gearing is such that you'd really only row between 1st and 2nd. Wringing it out in 3rd is already approaching jail.... but a 4-2 pass on a highway would surely be fun

1st: 45mph
2nd: 76mph
3rd: 110mph
4th: 148mph
5th: 186mph
6th: 221mph (drag limited)
7th: 282mph (drag limited)

Link Posted: 5/29/2024 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#27]
If the numbers are right, the gearing is such that you'd really only row between 1st and 2nd. Wringing it out in 3rd is already approaching jail.... but a 4-2 pass on a highway would surely be fun

1st: 45mph
2nd: 76mph
3rd: 110mph
4th: 148mph
5th: 186mph
6th: 221mph (drag limited)
7th: 282mph (drag limited)

View Quote

That is one way to look at it.

Then there are all the real world track records.

Get whatever you want. I often do, in spite of the numbers.

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Is there a good resource for all of the Porsche acronyms?  Google really isn't much help.

4S - AWD Sport?
2D - 2WD?
C2 - ?
C4 - ?  

MT
CPO

Many others....there are a ton and if you don't speak Porsche, it is very difficult to understand the differences in models.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 4:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#29]

View Quote

This is a very individual preference. Years ago I said I'd never own an auto trans, now have 5 of them.
My 911 was purely purchased as a track car, and I was not comfortable moving from a slower S550 Mustang to a 992 911 manual, on track....Many do it, but for me - there is zero room for error with 992 911 speeds, it's not your Miata or BRZ. I can come into a turn at 150MPH while a Miata comes into the same turn at 100mph. I'm not in a situation where I want to replace a $140K track/fun car that I wadded up into a wall.
Fun weekends - yep, I'd go manual all day long. Daily driver, ehhh - probably not (for me).
I love launching the 992 911S PDK from a dead stop. Passengers enjoy it as well.
Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 5:00:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#30]
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:
Is there a good resource for all of the Porsche acronyms?  Google really isn't much help.

4S - AWD Sport?
2D - 2WD?
C2 - ?
C4 - ?  

MT
CPO

Many others....there are a ton and if you don't speak Porsche, it is very difficult to understand the differences in models.
View Quote

C2 - 911 Carrera (base) RWD
C2S - 911 Carrera S RWD
C4 - 911 Carrera 4 AWD
C4S - 911 Carrera 4S AWD
MT - Manual Transmission
CPO - Certified Pre Owned (Porsche dealer certified)

ABD Automatic brake differential
ABS Anti-lock braking system
ASR Automatic slip regulation
AWS Auto weight-sensing (for air bag deployment)
DFI Direct fuel injection
DME Digital motor electronics
ECU Electronic control unit
EDC Engine drag control
HBA Hydraulic brake assist
HVAC Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
IMS Intermediate seal
KESSY Keyless entry, start and exit system
LSA Lightweight, stable, agile (sub-frame-mounted rear suspension)
LSD Limited-slip differential
MAF Mass air-flow (sensor)
MSR Engine drag-force control (seems interchangeable with EDC)
OBC On-board computer
OBD On-board diagnostics
OPC Official Porsche centre
PAS Porsche access system (/power-assisted steering)
PASM Porsche active suspension management
PCA Porsche Club of America
PCCB Porsche ceramic composite brake
PCGB Porsche Cars Great Britain (not generally used for Porsche Club GB)
PCM Porsche communication management
PCNA Porsche Cars of North America
PDAS Porsche Dynamische Allrad Steuerung/Porsche dynamic all-wheel-drive system
PDCC Porsche dynamic chassis control
PDK Porsche Doppelkupplung
POSIP Porsche side-impact protection
PSE Porsche sports exhaust
PSM Porsche stability management
PTM Porsche traction management
PTS Paint to sample/Porches travel system (luggage)
PTV Porsche torque vectoring
RMS Rear main seal
TC Traction control
TPC (or TPM) Tyre pressure control/monitoring
VTG Variable turbine geometry
VTS Vehicle tracking system
WOT Wide-open throttle
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_J] [#31]
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 7:50:34 PM EDT
[#32]

You’ll also see the manual called a 6MT (because it’s a 6 speed, and this is how it was referred to on the spec sheet).

Across the product line, its base model < S < GTS < Turbo < Turbo S. On the 911 the Turbo is a separate model/body from the Carrera (nearly all non-GT Carreras have had a turbo engine for a while but not a Turbo engine), but in other platforms (Panamera, Cayenne, etc) it’s generally the same model with more power.

Most 911s are available in 2WD, AWD, convertible (cabriolet) and/or targa (removable roof section) variants. Special models include the GT cars, the 911 T and S/T, but most have the same/similar options with higher end models making some options standard + more power.

If you want the extra power and some performance options, the GTS is traditionally the best buy; if you don’t want a lot of features or don’t need the most power, the base model is plenty for most anyone.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BlackTaco:
Originally Posted By Ironmaker:

4S - AWD Sport?
2D - 2WD?
C2 - ?
C4 - ?  

MT
CPO

C2 - 911 Carrera (base) RWD
C2S - 911 Carrera S RWD
C4 - 911 Carrera 4 AWD
C4S - 911 Carrera 4S AWD
MT - Manual Transmission
CPO - Certified Pre Owned (Porsche dealer certified)

ABD Automatic brake differential
ABS Anti-lock braking system
ASR Automatic slip regulation
AWS Auto weight-sensing (for air bag deployment)
DFI Direct fuel injection
DME Digital motor electronics
ECU Electronic control unit
EDC Engine drag control
HBA Hydraulic brake assist
HVAC Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning
IMS Intermediate seal
KESSY Keyless entry, start and exit system
LSA Lightweight, stable, agile (sub-frame-mounted rear suspension)
LSD Limited-slip differential
MAF Mass air-flow (sensor)
MSR Engine drag-force control (seems interchangeable with EDC)
OBC On-board computer
OBD On-board diagnostics
OPC Official Porsche centre
PAS Porsche access system (/power-assisted steering)
PASM Porsche active suspension management
PCA Porsche Club of America
PCCB Porsche ceramic composite brake
PCGB Porsche Cars Great Britain (not generally used for Porsche Club GB)
PCM Porsche communication management
PCNA Porsche Cars of North America
PDAS Porsche Dynamische Allrad Steuerung/Porsche dynamic all-wheel-drive system
PDCC Porsche dynamic chassis control
PDK Porsche Doppelkupplung
POSIP Porsche side-impact protection
PSE Porsche sports exhaust
PSM Porsche stability management
PTM Porsche traction management
PTS Paint to sample/Porches travel system (luggage)
PTV Porsche torque vectoring
RMS Rear main seal
TC Traction control
TPC (or TPM) Tyre pressure control/monitoring
VTG Variable turbine geometry
VTS Vehicle tracking system
WOT Wide-open throttle

You’ll also see the manual called a 6MT (because it’s a 6 speed, and this is how it was referred to on the spec sheet).

Across the product line, its base model < S < GTS < Turbo < Turbo S. On the 911 the Turbo is a separate model/body from the Carrera (nearly all non-GT Carreras have had a turbo engine for a while but not a Turbo engine), but in other platforms (Panamera, Cayenne, etc) it’s generally the same model with more power.

Most 911s are available in 2WD, AWD, convertible (cabriolet) and/or targa (removable roof section) variants. Special models include the GT cars, the 911 T and S/T, but most have the same/similar options with higher end models making some options standard + more power.

If you want the extra power and some performance options, the GTS is traditionally the best buy; if you don’t want a lot of features or don’t need the most power, the base model is plenty for most anyone.

Perfect!!

Thank you very much.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Finally got the windshield replaced on my car. It has taken no less than 2 months due to incorrect weatherstripping being ordered and it arriving broken (internal metal frame). They would only let 1 technician perform the work and the weather has been shit.

Link Posted: 5/31/2024 8:50:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By QwikKotaTx:
Finally got the windshield replaced on my car. It has taken no less than 2 months due to incorrect weatherstripping being ordered and it arriving broken (internal metal frame). They would only let 1 technician perform the work and the weather has been shit.

https://i.ibb.co/j6rb5Cd/PXL-20240531-204525428.jpg
View Quote

Damn good lookin Turbo, sir.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

Damn good lookin Turbo, sir.
View Quote
Thank you very much. It's a work in progress.
Link Posted: 5/31/2024 11:09:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Local dealer offered me an allocation on a new 992.2 GTS for an ADM of 15k.

No thanks. That is slightly used Turbo S territory.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Toasted:

View Quote

That’s ridiculous.
Link Posted: 6/1/2024 9:04:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Jacon:

That’s ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jacon:
Originally Posted By Toasted:

That’s ridiculous.

I wonder what the dealer's thought process is here - trying to cash in on somebody who wants the latest and greatest before anybody else? Or something else? I'm surprised that anybody is asking for ADM on something that isn't a GT3 or 4.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 3:10:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiplash10] [#39]
Didn't realize this thread existed, psyched to be able to post in it.  After ordering a 992 Carrera S, I bailed on it and went for this instead.  Way less practical, but way more fun for me.  And I figured the GT division rarely puts out roofless cars (especially at this price point) so why not.  It's had GT4 scoops, over axle pipes, RS tips, and full PPF added.  Definitely have been having a blast with it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2024 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By whiplash10:
Didn't realize this thread existed, psyched to be able to post in it.  After ordering a 992 Carrera S, I bailed on it and went for this instead.  Way less practical, but way more fun for me.  And I figured the GT division rarely puts out roofless cars (especially at this price point) so why not.  It's had GT4 scoops, over axle pipes, RS tips, and full PPF added.  Definitely have been having a blast with it.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53758342198_a3184b8480_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53764983150_ac5f504fb1_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53590921262_de1a9e47bd_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53764598361_dff5beb3fe_c.jpg
View Quote

I'm not a convertible guy but that is sick, I bet it absolutely rips too.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 8:05:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiplash10] [#41]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

I'm not a convertible guy but that is sick, I bet it absolutely rips too.
View Quote

Man I'm not either other than the 992, the GT4 and 991 GT3 were on the table for me as well, and I definitely don't love the 911 cabriolets so never considered any drop tops.  It was coupes only on my wish list.  But if I'm honest with myself it's more a weekend ripper than a track weapon so this fits the bill for sure.

Haha it does.  Doesn't go to 9k like the GT3 BUT 3000 lbs, 4L NA flat 6, 8k rpm, and a 6 speed manual is a winning combo IMO.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#42]
That Spyder is fucking amazing. Gorgeous!!
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 8:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: whiplash10] [#43]
Originally Posted By HRJ:
That Spyder is fucking amazing. Gorgeous!!
View Quote

Thank you!  First P car, very psyched

Link Posted: 6/3/2024 10:02:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By whiplash10:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53758342198_a3184b8480_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53764983150_ac5f504fb1_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53590921262_de1a9e47bd_b.jpg
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/53764598361_dff5beb3fe_c.jpg
View Quote

I like that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 8:47:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By beitodesstrafe:

I like that.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 1:53:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Dirty Porsche after the polo tournament.

Link Posted: 6/5/2024 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#50]

22,701 glorious miles.
Page / 126
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top