Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2019 6:31:25 PM EDT
I always call people “sir” or “ma’am”. For example, “Yes, sir” and “yes, ma’am”, etc.

I work with a woman who I would describe as “butch”.  I said “thanks ma’am” and she lost her shit on me.

I’m having difficulty keeping up with all the gender pronouns as they change daily.

Do lesbians really hate being called “ma’am” or is this particular “woman” just bat shit crazy?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#2]
"Ok sorry. Whatever dude."
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
She just bat shit crazy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Who gives a fuck if they hate common courtesy?
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Say, "If your dick is bigger than mine, let's see it"
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Solid choice here
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I've called people sir or ma'am for years. As a Christian I offer strangers 100% respect right off the bat. Most choose to lower the respect rating on their own accord. I have ended sentences with "well aren't you a rude bitch" - you have to be willing to go all the way across the spectrum.

It's my world too, I expect to live in it as well and I won't spend my life walking on eggshells.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I always call people "sir" or "ma'am". For example, "Yes, sir" and "yes, ma'am", etc.

I work with a woman who I would describe as "butch".  I said "thanks ma'am" and she lost her shit on me.

I'm having difficulty keeping up with all the gender pronouns as they change daily.

Do lesbians really hate being called "ma'am" or is this particular "woman" just bat shit crazy?
View Quote
Yep, batshit crazy. When common curtesy angers someone, it really doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong in their fucked up little brain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is my reply.
Fuck these people. I'm tired of their shit. Go ahead and be whatever you want....nobody really has an issue with it or even cares, but don't force me into a guessing game that YOU rig so I lose every time.
You go out of your way to be nice and polite to everyone and nobody has a problem.....until some sick fuck MAKES it a problem.

So yeah....."Ok sorry. Whatever dude" is the best reply.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:41:28 PM EDT
[#10]
A shrieking harpy could get outraged by you casually remarking that it was a beautiful day outside.

You are simply defaulting to good manners, which is something we need more of.

She is just batshit crazy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Ma'am is a name of respect. If they flip their shit over it, says a lot about them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#12]
All women hate being called ma'am not just lesbos.

I literally use names or gender neutral greetings in email with women to avoid this kind of thing.

Women don't like respect.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#13]
At work you are either Ma'am or Sir.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#14]
I just call em all Sir...
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry sir
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Could be an age thing too.
Ma'am is old = Miss is young.

I wouldnt care either way
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Lesbo's are always angry so do not worry about it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:48:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:49:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Fuck her.

Then report back.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:53:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I say ma'am to all women young and old.

Never had one freak out. If they do, they can get over it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:54:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Treat em like a pig.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:54:59 PM EDT
[#23]
I guess it's safe to assume calling her a cunt would be unacceptable too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Sorry, bro."
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I taught college for fun (and $75 a hour) and had a person in my class that I wasn't certain if they were male or female even after 40 hours with them.

Their name was Star which didn't help. I even asked the other students if I should use he or she as a pronoun ... they didn't know.

I just used Star throughout the class and never got painted into the he/she decision. I think Star was a very feminine looking boy but no way in hell would I give you better than 50/50 I was right.

If a person like that is honest they know that I'm not from their culture and it's not right for them to get up set no more that it is for me to get upset that they're cross dressing.

Whatever the (consenting adult) fuck lights your fire. I don't care.
View Quote
I know a local college that requires all staff members have their preferred pronouns in their signature block, to not shame the weirdos.  

Kharn
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Chas Bono and Caitlyn Jenner

James Brown - Living in America
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I know a local college that requires all staff members have their preferred pronouns in their signature block, to not shame the weirdos.  

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I taught college for fun (and $75 a hour) and had a person in my class that I wasn't certain if they were male or female even after 40 hours with them.

Their name was Star which didn't help. I even asked the other students if I should use he or she as a pronoun ... they didn't know.

I just used Star throughout the class and never got painted into the he/she decision. I think Star was a very feminine looking boy but no way in hell would I give you better than 50/50 I was right.

If a person like that is honest they know that I'm not from their culture and it's not right for them to get up set no more that it is for me to get upset that they're cross dressing.

Kharn
I don't have a PhD.  As such, I think I'd go with "Doc".  And bask in the fury of others.

It's kind of a clumsy pronoun, but hey, that's everyone else's problem, not mine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:13:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Shes crazy!
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#29]
BSC
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I always call people “sir” or “ma’am”. For example, “Yes, sir” and “yes, ma’am”, etc.

I work with a woman who I would describe as “butch”.  I said “thanks ma’am” and she lost her shit on me.

I’m having difficulty keeping up with all the gender pronouns as they change daily.

Do lesbians really hate being called “ma’am” or is this particular “woman” just bat shit crazy?
View Quote
I think it's a feminist thing.  Being polite, I said "yes ma'am" to one once and to my surprise, she got all bent out of shape.  After listening to her for about 5 seconds, I apologized for being polite and called her a dumb cunt.  She STFU after that.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:16:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:17:49 PM EDT
[#33]
"Sorry 'bout that c__t".  
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Could be an age thing too.
Ma'am is old = Miss is young.

I wouldnt care either way
View Quote
I've gotten in the habit of calling almost all women "miss" instead of "ma'am". The older they are, the better it works, as it will often bring a smile to their face and sometimes even a small giggle!
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats hot
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I don't have a PhD.  As such, I think I'd go with "Doc".  And bask in the fury of others.

It's kind of a clumsy pronoun, but hey, that's everyone else's problem, not mine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

I was thinking "attack helicopter" would work well in this situation, though I personally prefer pronouns such as Supreme Overlord, Evil Tyrant, or even Grand Poobah.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:22:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Ask her if she knows about the "rule of thumb".

Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:25:40 PM EDT
[#38]
The Fedex driver we had for a while was an apparent lesbian. Buzzed head, about 5'2 and probably in the 80lb range.

My boss called her sir, and she didn't last long as our driver. I asked another driver about her after not seeing her for a while, he said she had a history of abandoning her truck during panic attacks.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Ma'am is a name of respect. If they flip their shit over it, says a lot about them.
View Quote
Ma'am is for married women while the unmarried are called Miss.
Yeah I know, don't care.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:26:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Go to HR mention the phrase "hostile workplace" tell her during a routine conversation you said "thank you maam" to so and so and she then said "whatever". Tell HR you feel uncomfortable engaging with this employee again due to their open hostility.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Go to HR mention the phrase "hostile workplace" tell her during a routine conversation you said "thank you maam" to so and so and she then said "whatever". Tell HR you feel uncomfortable engaging with this employee again due to their open hostility.
View Quote
Good call to be the first one to get it on record.

It's sad that we have to take these measures, but that is the world we now live in.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's sad that we have to take these measures, but that is the world we now live in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.  However, I’m three+ months in to this position and she’s high ranking — I.e. controller.   I’m fucked.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:42:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Who gives a fuck if they hate common courtesy?
View Quote
+1

Their goal is to destroy civilization as we know it. My job is to stop them by helping them stroke out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I've called people sir or ma'am for years. As a Christian I offer strangers 100% respect right off the bat. Most choose to lower the respect rating on their own accord. I have ended sentences with "well aren't you a rude bitch" - you have to be willing to go all the way across the spectrum.

It's my world too, I expect to live in it as well and I won't spend my life walking on eggshells.
View Quote
Yep.  I'll start off respectful, but i'll make sure you're adequately offended before i walk off if you wanna start off a raging cunt.  No offensive slur is off limits anymore.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:47:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ask her if she knows about the "rule of thumb".

View Quote
This is precisely the scene I thought of when I read the initial post.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Lesbo's are always angry so do not worry about it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was thinking "attack helicopter" would work well in this situation, though I personally prefer pronouns such as Supreme Overlord, Evil Tyrant, or even Grand Poobah.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Tyrone has it going on.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Ignore her.  Smirk if you want.

I'm done humoring people.  A "trigger" is something that the person needs to work on within.  It is NOT a Commandment for everyone else to follow.

We are where we are today because we have been overly polite to people with narcissistic issues.

I am not saying to be mean.  That gives them what they want.  Indifference.  That is the thing that that cannot be tolerated.
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 8:03:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I concur.  However, I’m three+ months in to this position and she’s high ranking — I.e. controller.   I’m fucked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assure you HR HATES her. Just need a reason.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top