BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
S&W model 296...but it sure is a handful when you need to shoot it.

For those who don't know, the 296 is a titanium/scandium framed, hammerless 44 special that S&W made for only two years.  During the same time they also made a similarly sized titanium/scandium framed, hammerless 7 shot 38 spcl +P, model 242.
View Quote

whoa... that's cool... never heard of such a thing.

wanted to post a pic so people could see..

Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my .327 Mag LCR. Holds six rounds, been in my pocket all weekend, I pretty much forget that it's there. It's the perfect pocket snubby.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#3]
My favorite carry piece for walking the dog, wildlife photography, or backup while hunting.  More for things that go on four legs rather than two.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nope.

Da Fuq is this "Summer Gun, Winter Gun, Springtime Gun, Get the Paper Gun, Walk the Dog Gun, Go Get the Mail Gun, Pick the Kids up From Ballet Rehearsal Gun" shit?  

If that's all you have, understood... but to think that there is less of a multiple target threat and you only need a pocket gun because you are just going to get your mail is naive, to say the least.

ETA: I'm wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops and I'm carrying an M9 with two spare mags, two knives, and a light and I just came in from gardening.

BTW: I just went out to get my mail.
View Quote
What? No body armor?
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been carrying my Colt Cobra a lot lately. Its one of the wood grip models so it's dressy, and since it's one of the new steel frame models I can run through a few hundred rounds in a range session with it. For some reason the +P ammo I carry seems to recoil softer than the cheap .38 I practice with most of the time; maybe because it's designed for use in snubbies. I sometimes wonder how often people with alloy framed .357 snubbies actually practice with their carry ammo.

My wife loves it too, so she's getting a Night Cobra for Christmas.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a 340PD and is it awesome.  That said, I rarely carry it, but I carry my LCP II A LOT.  

My LCP II is always in my pocket at home, and occasionally carried elsewhere.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't like small autoloaders because of their benefits... if that makes sense.

They're really easy to carry, light, have magazines available...

I've always believed pistols are a compromise. As such, I carry a full size pistol to limit that compromise.

This fills the no gun void for me beautifully. In an inappropriate place to carry? Works. Want to throw in a pocket? Works.  Day to day I'm G17/1911. But if I'm in for the night, lazy, etc, then a snub is absolutely perfect for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'll never understand why the older Cobras and Agents don't get more love from guys looking for a light snubby. I get that some people worry about the age and prefer a newer Smith, but I'd rather have a 50 year old Cobra than a new J-frame any day. Add in the 20% increase in capacity and the fact that most people can shoot the Colts better and it would seem to be a no-brainer.
View Quote

I agree. It was this place that got my attention with snake guns. The cobra is my first of many I will be getting. It really impressed me. I now understand the following they have.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:02:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't like small autoloaders because of their benefits... if that makes sense.

They're really easy to carry, light, have magazines available...

I've always believed pistols are a compromise. As such, I carry a full size pistol to limit that compromise.

This fills the no gun void for me beautifully. In an inappropriate place to carry? Works. Want to throw in a pocket? Works.  Day to day I'm G17/1911. But if I'm in for the night, lazy, etc, then a snub is absolutely perfect for me.
View Quote

No it really doesn't. You could have just said I like obsolete things and dislike new technology and it would have made more sense
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:05:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm wearing a T-shirt, shorts, and flip flops and I'm carrying an M9 with two spare mags, two knives, and a light and I just came in from gardening.
View Quote

I don't doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I have a 340PD and is it awesome.
View Quote

So do I, and it's awesome as well. However, so is my G43. So much so, that I can't really justify carrying a 5-shot wheel gun instead.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:18:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
380's are even smaller, like S&W Bodyguard. Hammer fired, very safe to throw in pocket.  More rounds.
View Quote

I carry a Smith and Wesson .380 Bodyguard almost everywhere I go in a pocket.

But,  one of the first guns I ever bought, was the prior Smith and Wesson Bodyguard, J frame (steel) .38 special, with a shrouded hammer.

The beauty of it, was that you could have it in a jacket pocket, in your hand, when approached by someone that you suspected of less than honorable intentions.   And, be ready to shoot him dead, with no warning whatsoever, right through the jacket, if he posed a threat such as a robbery attempt, without him ever seeing the gun.  That is a severe element of surprise.

I traded that gun to my brother, who still has it, for something  insignificant, and I keep thinking about getting another one.

I know I could get one round off with my .380 from the pocket.  Any subsequent rounds would be mostly luck as to whether it jammed or functioned or  not in the pocket.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top