User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been seeing numbers from a major hospital in the area, and there's been a definite uptick in hospitalizations. Roughly speaking, for the past two months they were running about 15-25 new hospitalizations a week, and that suddenly went up in the past week by a factor of about 4x.

Two months ago they had half a dozen infected staff. Two weeks ago it was about 20. Now it's well over 100.

The numbers I've been seeing all indicate that there's been a massive uptick in the past ~3 weeks. Deaths don't start showing for 2-3 weeks after the cases increase, roughly speaking. *If* the new patients are all younger, then it might be even longer before those that won't make it wind up dying.

But we all know the goalposts will shift some more, and if the death toll suddenly starts climbing to 500 dead a day, the new reaction will just be to compare that to cancer, or the Battle of Kursk, or claim it's all a democrat plot, or space aliens...anything but to admit that this might be a serious problem.
View Quote

Yup. I'm in FL. My wife works at the local hospital, which is a major one in FL and I think top 50 or so in the US.

Their covid unit is full now. They have to open another one. Also, the count on number of employees infected keeps going up.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It matters because the government said "protestors" were allowed to ignore covid-prevention guidelines and "protest" anyway.
View Quote

When does the government just let people protest? Wouldn't it look really bad if the government cracked down on protestors (like they did and it did look bad)?

I didn't see the haircut/gym re-opening retards getting pepper sprayed, or beanbagged.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The number of cases is meaningless.  Hospitalizations and real deaths are what's important.  Quit spreading the scare BS.
View Quote

Well, what do you think is going to cause an increase in hospitalizations and deaths?

Could it POSSIBLY be, that for every 1000 new infections we will see X number of hospitalizations and Y number of deaths?

What do you propose, that the state wait until it sees a spike in hospitalizations and then act?
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:17:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Daily hospitalizations from Corona are running at 200 per day.

The average age of positive tests is now about 35 years old. Hospital stays have fallen from 6 days to 4 days.
View Quote
It would be  awesome to see the death & hosp rate stays flat or fall, even with more aggressive testing where the % of those tested increases.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

When does the government just let people protest? Wouldn't it look really bad if the government cracked down on protestors (like they did and it did look bad)?

I didn't see the haircut/gym re-opening retards getting pepper sprayed, or beanbagged.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It matters because the government said "protestors" were allowed to ignore covid-prevention guidelines and "protest" anyway.

I can't even argue with someone that posted this fucking steaming heap of literal dinosaur feces.  I'd have more success arguing with a Sponge Bob Square Pants doll.

It's not like they were falling all over themselves to say "protests are allowed even though they violate covid-prevention rules! except you can't protest against covid-prevention rules!"

Fucking pathetic
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#6]
We will be manipulated right up until Biden wins the Oval Office.

Then we will be raped.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
We're in Collier Co. FL.  We actually now know 3 people that have the Covid. They are in the 30-50 y.o. range.  None of them have anything but very mild symptoms that don't require hospitalization or medications.  They will self-quarantine for 2-weeks and then re-test before going back out into public.

Funniest part is the 2 of the 3 (husband & wife, young punks from Chicago) were out demonstrating locally with BLM when they caught the bug.  Not feeling sorry for them.

The 3rd guy caught it from a young intern at work.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I can't even argue with someone that posted this fucking steaming heap of literal dinosaur feces.
View Quote

I think you literally need to learn the meaning of the word "literal".
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I’m here in FL now looking at properties. Everyone in Gainesville was wearing masks so it’s all good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#10]
The population of Floriday is 16,000,000  (16 million)

nothing burger.

STILL
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The population of Floriday is 16,000,000  (16 million)

nothing burger.

STILL
View Quote

Try 21.5 million.  It hasn't been in the 16 millions for almost 20 years.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#12]
It's Miami-Dade and Broward counties that are the septic cesspools. Mainly due to all the illegals and foreigners that are used to using vegetation as an outhouse.

Masks? In South Florida?

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:08:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This is what denial gets you. Keep it up - what will they move backwards on next?
View Quote

The stench of fear is unbecoming.  Stay in your safe zone.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't even argue with someone that posted this fucking steaming heap of literal dinosaur feces.

Make me.

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On or In ?  What about outside tables ?

^^^^^^NVM answered
View Quote
Do you really want to drink outside right now?  I almost got heat exhaustion from fishing today lol.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:22:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The number of cases is meaningless.  Hospitalizations and real deaths are what's important.  Quit spreading the scare BS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Do you really want to drink outside right now?  I almost got heat exhaustion from fishing today lol.
View Quote

My local bar restaurant has beer garden outside under some shady trees.  I usually go at dusk when it's not so hot.

I wish I was fishing and drinking instead.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Florida Department Of Health is skewing the Numbers and fucking up the test....

When I went through my COVID scare.. The co worker I was around that initially tested positive, when over the illness, the health department said he was still positive on the re test, doctors office said he was negative.... Second test from health department... Positive.. Second retest from doctors office... Negative. The physician ended up having to call the health department and advise them on why they were still getting positive readings, etc, etc....

His symptoms were mild through out... I tested negative, as did his wife and other family members.

So.... Yea!
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I’d like to see the state numbers if you strip out Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade counties from the total.  I’ll bet you they are quite different.  Those three counties were originally left out for the phased reopening plan because they didn’t meet criteria, but they whined a bunch and reopened anyway.  This is the consequence of letting those counties reopen along with everyone else.  They are dragging down the entire state (in many ways).
View Quote

Manatee County is a hotspot. Numbers are going up and they were hot at the start due to nursing home numbers
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yay, now I can't wait to get there on Tuesday!

View Quote

Restaurants with bars are ok I believe
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#21]
North Central Florida laughs at South Florida.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top