Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2016 9:23:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you just win a case for a rich doctor or something?
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
We got Firehouse subs

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
We got an email from the state medical association (that is made up of doctors) notifying us that it was doctor's day, but didn't know about it otherwise.  

We should have at least gotten some subs like y'all did.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I were a real doctor, then someone would appreciate me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
At Davis hospital today they got filet mignon with lobster tails.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At Davis hospital today they got filet mignon with lobster tails.
View Quote

YGTBSM

Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ditto.  I hit the drive through between covering at the wound care center & a satellite office...
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:40:50 PM EDT
[#8]
God bless doctors.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:45:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#10]
My wife has been a surgical RN for 35 years.  She took gifts to two surgeons she has worked with for many years.  One guy got a 6 pack of various craft beers and the other a bottle of ice wine....something I had never heard of.

There are good ones, great ones, and not so good ones.  My wife has been at the same hospital (35 years) that she has seen new doctors arrive and eventually retire.  Her retirement is coming in a few years if she can hang on.  Her body is worn out in spots but since she is only 58 and insurance is so expensive, she works just enough so we have coverage.

I am 60 and will have to work at least 5 more years.  That will mean 52 years in the work force for me.

We aren't jealous of doctors.  They made good choices and get to enjoy the benefits.  We made our choices and enjoy them, too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ditto.  I hit the drive through between covering at the wound care center & a satellite office...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm on vacation, so I had pizza with the kids at home. It's better than being at work.
Link Posted: 3/30/2016 11:03:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My wife has been a surgical RN for 35 years.  She took gifts to two surgeons she has worked with for many years.  One guy got a 6 pack of various craft beers and the other a bottle of ice wine....something I had never heard of.

There are good ones, great ones, and not so good ones.  My wife has been at the same hospital (35 years) that she has seen new doctors arrive and eventually retire.  Her retirement is coming in a few years if she can hang on.  Her body is worn out in spots but since she is only 58 and insurance is so expensive, she works just enough so we have coverage.

I am 60 and will have to work at least 5 more years.  That will mean 52 years in the work force for me.

We aren't jealous of doctors.  They made good choices and get to enjoy the benefits.  We made our choices and enjoy them, too.
View Quote

Extremely experienced OR staff like your wife are usually way too underappreciated. The majority of my favorite RNs are those with that kind of life & job experience. One of my closest work friends is a tough old-school Army nurse who was patient with my newbiness coming right out of residency.

Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Extremely experienced OR staff like your wife are usually way too underappreciated. The majority of my favorite RNs are those with that kind of life & job experience. One of my closest work friends is a tough old-school Army nurse who was patient with my newbiness coming right out of residency.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good nurses really make up part of a great team.  When we opened our unit, we hired a several of the experienced ortho nurses away from their floor.  The ortho docs always mention that to me when they see me that I stole their nurses.    

Anyway, I have great nurses.  It makes a big difference to the doc and the patients.
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Got my yearly physical today

Yes. My ass got greased and poked
Link Posted: 3/31/2016 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
There are good ones, great ones, and not so good ones.
View Quote

You know how you're a great doctor?  Other doctors come to see you as a patient.  Just got another one last week.
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 2:13:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You know how you're a great doctor?  Other doctors come to see you as a patient.  Just got another one last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are good ones, great ones, and not so good ones.

Congrats!  That is always a nice feeling.  I've been to other doctors as their patient, b/c my nurses have recommended them from the times they worked for them, and also b/c
I have seen them treat my patients well (and of course they appear competent).

I've had some attendings, residents and other doctor's family members come to me, some of which I have worked with closely.  Makes you feel good that they trust you.
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 7:54:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/4/2016 9:07:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Dr Story and his team at Baylor Irving saved my life when staph (not MRSA) infected my lungs.

"You are three days away from dying, I don't know how you got it, but I'm going to fix it"

in 5 days I was on the way home, albeit with a pic-line and IV bags that I had to have for the next seven weeks, but I am alive.

The good Dr told me that in 2007, I was one of three who had staph with an unknown cause. The staph was killing the air sacs in my lungs. very painful and scary not being able to breath.

God Bless you Dr Story
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top