[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everywhere I possibly can
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 7:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Typically no.

Morning and evening when the threat goes up yes, especially while walking the dog.

Normally if the deer are chilling in the front yard I'm pretty happy the wolves and bears aren't near but there's always guns out.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You need an inside the jammies holster.
View Quote

you aren't wrong. I am a heavy sleeper so I always wonder what would happen if someone broke in while I was asleep.

Link Posted: 10/27/2023 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Nah... my typical day is working from my couch. I'm a few seconds away from a couple handguns and my X95.

I usually don't strap up to walk 30 yards to the mailbox, or for my brief excursions to pick up groceries or whatever. Should I? I guess... I'm very rural and have done my own threat assessments and it's just not that important to me anymore.

Yeah I know "it can happen anywhere..." if something happens and I have it on me, or I don't, I'll deal with it however I can.

But when I'm working in my sweatpants and need to run to the Dollar General to buy some milk and come straight back home, I don't bother "suiting up."
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes.  If I leave the house I have a firearm on me.  In the house I have one at arms reach.  If I am going somewhere that I "can't" carry I do anyway unless I have to go though metal detectors. Which blows and make me stash it in the car.  But sometimes I go places where I have to walk though those things. :(
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

you aren't wrong. I am a heavy sleeper so I always wonder what would happen if someone broke in while I was asleep.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51Fse+qJesL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

View Quote

Our German Shepherd lays/sleeps outside our bedroom door, nobody is sneaking in.
Link Posted: 10/27/2023 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Our German Shepherd lays/sleeps outside our bedroom door, nobody is sneaking in.
View Quote

my cats just hide under furniture when there's a stranger around.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 8:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I usually don't strap up to walk 30 yards to the mailbox, or for my brief excursions to pick up groceries or whatever. Should I? I guess... I'm very rural and have done my own threat assessments and it's just not that important to me anymore.

Yeah I know "it can happen anywhere..." if something happens and I have it on me, or I don't, I'll deal with it however I can.

But when I'm working in my sweatpants and need to run to the Dollar General to buy some milk and come straight back home, I don't bother "suiting up."
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:19:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm retired. There's no place that I'm not armed... even the bathroom.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Glock 19, same as any other day.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 9:39:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:01:42 AM EDT
[#13]
I Glock everyday.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:08:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Forgot a vote for "can't because of onerous licensing and carry restrictions". Welcome to Nassau County, New York
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:27:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yes but what I carry isn't nearly tactical enough by GD standards.  Most of the time it's a Ruger LCR 38.  I occasionally carry a bunch of different stuff.
View Quote

Old Gen 1 shield so I'm lacking in the latest Red Dot Sight with Laser beams of death + 33 round extendos for laying down suppressive fire...  

But the old girl is tiny, 100% dependable & disappears on me in business attire so better a small gun than no gun.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:32:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Depends  … Our CCW instructor, a medically-retired former police lieutenant, told us there’s really no need to carry if we “live in a good neighborhood or the suburbs or way out in the sticks.”

On the other hand, if you’re patronizing a Stop-n-Rob or gas station in a nasty urban area at 1am, then yeah, “carrying your weapon is probably a good idea.”

He’s said the choice of when and where to carry is “situational,” and varies “with peoples current life circumstances,” and gave the example of a retired couple living in a very rural farm community 50 miles from the nearest city. Both have CCWs but hardly ever carry.

I’m in a similar living situation but I still stay strapped.
View Quote

I’m on three fenced and gated acres on a dead end country road and I always at least slip my pm9 into a pocket if I go outdoors for any reason.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a NEF 20 ga single barrel with a cut down 18" barrel setting in a small trash can over near the commode.

Three inch #2 buckshot in it I believe.

For attacking tigers and such I suppose.

It makes me feel powerful and encouraged early in the morning.
Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:37:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Every day.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/28/2023 12:39:15 PM EDT
[#19]
The only time I don't is when I'm in the hospital.
Link Posted: 10/30/2023 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:  The only time I don't is when I'm in the hospital.
View Quote

You can carry into the ER if you go by ambulance.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Forgot a vote for "can't because of onerous licensing and carry restrictions". Welcome to Nassau County, New York
View Quote

I use NY as an example.
I say is there another country where a nobody like me could get legal concealed carry, the FL/KY version, not the restricted NY version.

(Basically no)
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top