Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/27/2016 5:55:39 PM EDT
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/122f5062-4f9e-35a9-b004-f43915ae6dd5/ss_u.s.-owes-black-people.html

The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent,
a body that reports to the international organization's High
Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes
leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its
findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing
to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters
of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial
history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial
terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious
challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to
truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report
stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create
are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Dear UN:
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree. If not for the United states slavery would never have existed
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
FUN

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't owe black people shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought that we were paying in the modern day form of welfare.  Silly me .................................
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Have they expressed their expert opinion on the epidemic of black on white crime?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck the UN.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell you what.

Let's give them a settlement. Let the UN decide what it is.

THEN we deduct every single welfare check, low income housing unit, Obamaphone, food stamp, EBT card, EVERYTHING from the debt.

Then if the money we paid already is greater than the settlement then they have to figure out a way to pay US.

Fuck that shit.

There's one race and that's the human race. Nobody don't owe nobody NUFFIN'!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:00:45 PM EDT
[#9]
UN, you can't do shit.
So fuck off, this is our country, not yours.

Come here, and we'll give you a changed of TEMPERATURE.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty sure we've already paid billions, if not trillions in "reparations", yet the killing continues...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Who cares, the UN is powerless to enforce anything.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh you mean more than, WIC, food stamps, section 8 housing, free tuition and the myriad of other free shit they get?

Fuck off UN.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:02:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Who gives a shit at this point ?  

Let the shit-show begin.  Let's give every black guy in the country a million dollars.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Just when I was running out of reasons to despise the UN.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Stop welfare and pay reparations.

I'm thinking a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who cares, the UN is powerless to enforce anything.
View Quote

You'd think this charge could have been made against any number of countries.....in fact just about ANY country.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]
LOL.  Brazil had more slaves brought in and had slavery longer than anyone.  And they are treated worse than in the US now.  

Also how about the slave traders take responsibility.  Oh wait wrong country....
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:05:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Tell you what, how about starting with the Dutch, Norse, English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Ottomans, Egyptians, and any other country involved in slavery before the United States and then the UN can still go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:06:33 PM EDT
[#19]
The 9/11 hijcakers crashed into the wrong buildings.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Tell you what.

THEN we deduct every single welfare check, low income housing unit, Obamaphone, food stamp, EBT card, EVERYTHING from the debt.

Then if the money we paid already is greater than the settlement then they have to figure out a way to pay US.

Fuck that shit.

View Quote

Also include reparations for black on white crime, cost to try and incarcerate blacks, value of living in the US versus Africa, etc then we can talk.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:09:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is my answer: NO!
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#22]
What about the black on black killings since those account for the largest percent of killings. Will they pay each other? With taxes from people that work? Divide by zero?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:03 PM EDT
[#23]
What happened to the men, women and children of conquered tribes in Africa before the slave trade? Were they set free or murdered/raped by the conquering tribe?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#24]
No.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I don't owe black people shit.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:39 PM EDT
[#27]

It's all I got  
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:10:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Obviously...OBAMA being there last week gave the UN the balls to even suggest it to Americans.  Will there be a renewed call from the UN for Americans to disarm too?

Aloha, Mark

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Obviously...OBAMA being there last week gave the UN the balls to even suggest it to Americans.  Will there be a renewed call from the UN, for Americans to disarm too?

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz55/ma96782/AR15dotcom/UN_helmet-small.jpg

Aloha, Mark

View Quote

Harumph
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:12:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Too bad they don't teach the truth anymore.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Fuck the UN.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:14:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Have they expressed their expert opinion on the epidemic of black on white crime?
View Quote

Also, Black on Black
        Black on Asian
        Black on Hispanics
        Black on Women
        Black on Elderly
        Black on Children

And you wonder why they have such a high number of incarceration.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Time for the U.N. to find another host nation which will put up with their shit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
How much?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:17:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Why are we still in the UN again? It's time to leave and kick their HQ out as well.

Just wait until 0bama becomes Secretary General of the UN. This shit will get much worse, especially if Trump wins.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I thought that we were paying in the modern day form of welfare.  Silly me .................................
View Quote
That, and  democrat votes.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:19:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm trembling at the thought of the useless nuisance sending us a sternly worded letter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#38]
If we pay the reparations, do I get my bike back?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:21:26 PM EDT
[#39]
I wish we had a leader that didn't put up with the UN's stupid bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:21:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Just throwing it out there and setting the ground work for when Hillary becomes POTUS and  Obama head of the UN. Here all along we thought he was only dangerous as Prez.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#41]
How about the fact that the US has such a small percentage of slaves worldwide and we are the only ones who even acknowledge it. The UN is such a fucking joke. Id take a troop of girl scouts over those asshats
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]

What greater reparations could they possibly have received than not being shipped back "home"?

Tell the democrats to fuck off, get off your ass, and make something of yourself just like millions of other blacks, whites, latinos and asians have.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#43]
The US and European Powers are behind the African Kingdoms and Tribes that sold their rivals and own people into slavery. Black descended from slavery need to ask for reparations from the Western African Nations first.

Hell, when the British ended slavery and went after the slave traders in West Africa, the shipment of slaves didn't cease. They simply went east towards the Arab Markets.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:24:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.  

$ Value of Welfare paid since 1960
+
$ Value Affirmative Action
/
Number of actual provable slave descendants
=
Reparations already paid per actual provable slave descendant.

Work up a statement of benefits paid per actual provable slave descendant and mail it out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/122f5062-4f9e-35a9-b004-f43915ae6dd5/ss_u.s.-owes-black-people.html

The history of slavery in the United States justifies reparations for African Americans, argues a recent report by a U.N.-affiliated group based in Geneva.

This conclusion was part of a study by the United Nations' Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, a body that reports to the international organization's High Commissioner on Human Rights. The group of experts, which includes leading human rights lawyers from around the world, presented its findings to the United Nations Human Rights Council on Monday, pointing to the continuing link between present injustices and the dark chapters of American history.

"In particular, the legacy of colonial history, enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism and racial inequality in the United States remains a serious challenge, as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," the report stated. "Contemporary police killings and the trauma that they create are reminiscent of the past racial terror of lynching."

View Quote

View Quote

Soooo.............EBT doesn't count? Section 8?  WIC? SNAP?.
ETA:  Y'all beat me to it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:26:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Tell you what.

Fuck that shit.

View Quote

Either that, or as a condition of receiving your check you need to renounce your citizenship & move back to whichever country you are claiming that your ancestors were taken from.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#47]

lol eat a dick.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:28:42 PM EDT
[#48]
If paying reparations to descendants of slaves is fair, then in all fairness, those reparations should be paid by those ultimately responsible for capturing the slaves in the first place:  African tribesmen...
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The 9/11 hijcakers crashed into the wrong buildings.
View Quote

They weren't about to kill known allies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top