Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself.
https://dnyuz.com/2022/11/21/an-army-veteran-says-he-went-into-combat-mode-to-disarm-the-gunman/
View Quote

Him and his wife own a Latino-themed brewery in town. I'm sure they will see a huge increase in business from this.

Good on him for his quick actions, bravery, and heroism.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ll betcha a nickel his wife and adult daughter wanted to go because stupid silly girl shit, and he begrudgingly got dragged along, and thought fuck it I’ll just sit in the corner and drink beer. And as it turns out, he ended up being the hero - an unarmed man with bigger balls than most of GD who beat the fuck out of a mass murderer with his own gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That tells me all I need to know. Entertaining Degeneracy is not good but I’m glad he stopped that psycho fat fuck

I’ll betcha a nickel his wife and adult daughter wanted to go because stupid silly girl shit, and he begrudgingly got dragged along, and thought fuck it I’ll just sit in the corner and drink beer. And as it turns out, he ended up being the hero - an unarmed man with bigger balls than most of GD who beat the fuck out of a mass murderer with his own gun.

LOL. Make up some shit cockamamie story, and bet a nickel that its true?

You're to damn brave

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Officers dont have "combat instincts".

There.

I said it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not sure why it is heroic that a man risk his life for his own life, his wife, and his child. I am more concerned about the immorality of a parent normalizing child drag shows.

On any given day, one can find a Tibetan Yack who will go head to head with another Yack, and one must die.
View Quote

Welcome back.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Who the fuck brings their wife and child to a drag show?
View Quote

A Democrat.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

First thing that popped into my mind too.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wrong.

Veteran hero. Wtf . Hit the shooter repeatedly with his own gun. I'm starting to understand why some take a break from gd.
View Quote

Agree:

In one thread you have these drag shows being grooming things, with sex offender participants and wanting to normalize kids and sex.

Then in another thread, you get people cheering on the groomers from saving the drag queens who want to normalize kids and sex.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And just like that GD supports drag shows
View Quote

Meh, they're funny.  I don't know how much they've changed, but the ones I saw were almost G-rated, well, PG-rated.  The drag show in "The Birdcage"?  Exactly like the ones I saw.

Nowadays, there's probably twerking, bared genitalia, simulated (or not) sex acts, etc.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

JFC this is clown world WRIT large
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kudos to the US military combat vet attacking  the homicidal mainac who had a rifle and was murdering people.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You're to damn brave

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That tells me all I need to know. Entertaining Degeneracy is not good but I’m glad he stopped that psycho fat fuck

You're to damn brave

It's plausible. You don't know why he was there and neither does anyone else. You can't deny that he saved lives. And by saying that, it doesn't make me a groomer.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
53 here and all but one of my four kids are over 21.
View Quote

Ex wife didn’t want to have another kid for a looooong time because she blamed my son for affecting her body / looks as her stellar 36Cs slightly changed shape and got more of a reverse tear drop shape instead of full perky round plus her belly button got tweaked. To be fair my Mom said the same thing about me but because of stretch marks.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:30:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Welcome back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not sure why it is heroic that a man risk his life for his own life, his wife, and his child. I am more concerned about the immorality of a parent normalizing child drag shows.

On any given day, one can find a Tibetan Yack who will go head to head with another Yack, and one must die.

Welcome back.

Join date/post count is starting to take a back seat to quality of posts with much displeasure lately I see.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not sure why it is heroic that a man risk his life for his own life, his wife, and his child...
View Quote

LOL I'm not sure you understand mass shootings.  His wife and child were as much potential victims as everyone else being shot.  Also, innocent people were being murdered in front of him.  Some people feel driven to move to the sound of gunfire to protect the innocent.

By the way, just to muddy the waters even more, there was an "All Ages Drag Brunch" scheduled the day after the drag show...
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:32:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And just like that GD supports drag shows
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Every basic B white chick? They go to drag shows similar to how they'd go to Chippendales or Mardi Gras. It's cartoonish, not something that turns them on. It's not exactly like guys going to a strip club.

Not something I want to see, but it's also not inherently a sign of sexual proclivities, either. Just dumb gals doing cornball provocative stuff.

To be clear, people who take minors to this kind of thing are disgusting. But young adults do this and other stupider stuff for reasons other than sexual interest.
View Quote

Yep.  It's more common than many of these posters realize, obviously.

My wife goes to "drag queen bingo" with her married friends.  They find it fun.  I think it's stupid, and kind of gross.  So, I don't and wouldn't go(it's catered to women anyways, they give away purses etc).  But if she wants to, have at it... I also don't control my wife, which is also probably something that confuses GD.

It isn't a place for minors, and she agrees with me in that regard.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well hell when you put it like that it sounds pretty mundane. You must do sheepdog shit like that every weekend.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
So... he’s Cavalry then
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#20]
How many of you heroes would have made a move on the gunman, unarmed?

Assuming the shooting went down in your Golden Corral.  That should be far enough away from any drag shows for most of GD.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:35:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dunno why this has to be black or white. That he’s either a barrel-chested hero or an absolute degenerate malcontent. People are multidimensional. He can be a total hero yet still make very questionable parenting choices.
View Quote

We don’t know all the facts or background info either way, so 87% of us if not more are talking out of our asses.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Child? WTF, any strip/burlesque show is nowhere for a minor.
View Quote

45, so possible daughter was an adult but far from certain.

If his daughter is a minor he's a piece of shit regardless of stopping the killer, and even if she's an adult it's pretty questionable to attend something like that with her (and I've been to a heterosexual, legal aged hooker bar in Bangkok with my dad but yes it's different).
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Assuming the shooting went down in your Golden Corral.  That should be far enough away from any drag shows for most of GD.
View Quote

Most of GD wouldn't go unarmed

Most of GD doesn't go to drag shows

Most of GD avoids dumbass situations before they get into them

so it's a silly question.

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:37:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You're to damn brave

View Quote

Yep. Once you realize a significant percentage of GD is autistic, involuntarily celibate, or lives in their mother’s basement, these threads will make sense.

Dollars to donuts his wife and adult daughter dragged him there because it would be a funny/goofy night out, and has absolutely nothing to do with child grooming or pedophilia or whatever else the outrage du jour is.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:37:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So... he’s Cavalry then
View Quote

Which is pretty much Infantry or so they say....
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There.

I said it.
View Quote

@Sylvan
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Agree:

In one thread you have these drag shows being grooming things, with sex offender participants and wanting to normalize kids and sex.

Then in another thread, you get people cheering on the groomers from saving the drag queens who want to normalize kids and sex.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong.

Veteran hero. Wtf . Hit the shooter repeatedly with his own gun. I'm starting to understand why some take a break from gd.

Agree:

@runcible

And this is part of the reason why the West is so fucked

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:39:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see you’ve never read one of GDs plethora of relationship advice and subsequent divorce threads.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A Democrat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Democrat.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

An Army officer, probably was in admin or supply
View Quote

Winner of two Bronze stars according to the article.

Did you happen to catch this story from the same source?

https://dnyuz.com/2022/11/21/the-massacre-at-club-q-was-only-a-matter-of-time/

It's all they know to do.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

@Sylvan
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Child? WTF, any strip/burlesque show is nowhere for a minor.

Why do you assume his "daughter" is a child?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:52:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I see you’ve never read one of GDs plethora of relationship advice and subsequent divorce threads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You always spend 90% of your time on your 10% of troublemakers.

Don't confuse threads with population density.  The reason we pile on is because we all got an opinion.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Made a decision, executed and followed through until the fight ended.  Under insane pressure, threat of death and sensory overload?   Dude sounds like a legit badass and hero.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yep.  It's more common than many of these posters realize, obviously.

My wife goes to "drag queen bingo" with her married friends.  They find it fun.  I think it's stupid, and kind of gross.  So, I don't and wouldn't go(it's catered to women anyways, they give away purses etc).  But if she wants to, have at it... I also don't control my wife, which is also probably something that confuses GD.

It isn't a place for minors, and she agrees with me in that regard.
View Quote

And here we go with more demonizing of gd/gun people.

"bunch of neanderthal wife controllers"....aka "wife beaters"

Just a heads up Mr. Virtue signal, those "drag queen bingo" guys may, or may not, be referring to guys like you as "cucks".

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:56:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Well, from the pic, he seems kind of old. Could be adult children.
View Quote

He’s fuckin 45. That ain’t old.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Well hell when you put it like that it sounds pretty mundane. You must do sheepdog shit like that every weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not know of any man who would not risk dying for their wife and children. I DO know many men who have no wife or children who would MYOB and choose to run the other way. GD is filled with MYOB's. Especially when things of morality are mentioned.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sodomites
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 8:58:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All my children are quite adult.  Still not taking them to a queer ass drag show.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yep. Once you realize a significant percentage of GD is autistic, involuntarily celibate, or lives in their mother’s basement, these threads will make sense.

Dollars to donuts his wife and adult daughter dragged him there because it would be a funny/goofy night out, and has absolutely nothing to do with child grooming or pedophilia or whatever else the outrage du jour is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're to damn brave

Already been proven, and you know it, that they have Sunday story time for kids.

As a straight male, I, NOR any straight male I have ever known would say ok to that shit.

Maybe you're into that,..Hence your nickel bet.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:05:47 PM EDT
[#41]
He sounds like a Navy guy.

In all seriousness, the guy is a bad ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There.

I said it.
View Quote

Definitely not the O-3 that led the FISTers from HHB 1-143rd FA Bn in 2004-05 A-Stan deployment with the 116th Inf Bn
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:07:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Richard M. Fierro said he was at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends on Saturday, watching a drag show, when the sudden flash of gunfire ripped across the nightclub. His instincts from four combat deployments as an Army officer in Iraq and Afghanistan instantly kicked in. Fight back, he told himself.
https://dnyuz.com/2022/11/21/an-army-veteran-says-he-went-into-combat-mode-to-disarm-the-gunman/
View Quote

I’d believe “his instincts kicked in as he dropped to his knees to distract the gunman while his husband disarmed the shooter”

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:08:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
He took his daughter to a drag show?

COC, that's all I got.

ETA: Don't give a fuck if she's legal age, the normalization of this deviancy is disgusting. Making it a family affair, regardless of ages, is vile.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:11:09 PM EDT
[#45]
LOL not quite the same, I know, just thought they were reminders when crossdressing was funny.

Burma to Broadway

Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:12:07 PM EDT
[#46]
at a table in Club Q with his wife, daughter and friends
View Quote

Um.   How old a kid are we talking about, here?
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#47]
FWIW-
In September of 2001 a buddy sent myself and my wife to Vegas for 5 days as a Thank You for our making his house wheelchair accessible. He had been made a paraplegic in May of 2001 due to a motorcycle accident.
We stayed at the Riviera and as part of the hotel package we had tickets to the shows there.
One of the shows was “La Cage”, a female impersonator show. Cher, Joan Rivers, Whitney Houston, Bette Midler and a couple of others were the subjects of it.
It was a funny as hell show and the wife and I had a blast, I think it was the best show we saw there.

I toss that out there for the “What the hell was he doing there with his wife crowd?” to chew on a bit.

Oddly we got home at 10pm, 9-10-01.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:18:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

All my children are quite adult.  Still not taking them to a queer ass drag show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

His daughter's best friend was performing . . .

Army veteran recounts subduing gunman at Colorado LGBTQ club

COLORADO SPRINGS — Richard Fierro went to Club Q in Colorado Springs on Saturday night to celebrate a friend’s birthday with his family, enjoying a drag show that included a performance by his 22-year-old daughter’s best friend.

By night’s end, the air of celebration would be cut off by gunfire. Three of Fierro’s loved ones would be shot — one fatally — and Fierro, a U.S. Army veteran, would find himself rushing to confront and subdue the gunman . . .
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
FWIW-
In September of 2001 a buddy sent myself and my wife to Vegas for 5 days as a Thank You for our making his house wheelchair accessible. He had been made a paraplegic in May of 2001 due to a motorcycle accident.
We stayed at the Riviera and as part of the hotel package we had tickets to the shows there.
One of the shows was “La Cage”, a female impersonator show. Cher, Joan Rivers, Whitney Houston, Bette Midler and a couple of others were the subjects of it.
It was a funny as hell show and the wife and I had a blast, I think it was the best show we saw there.

I toss that out there for the “What the hell was he doing there with his wife crowd?” to chew on a bit.

Oddly we got home at 10pm, 9-10-01.
View Quote

Only gotta be paying attention to the last 20 years especially whats taught in public schools, to see that its far from the same as you saw it then.
Link Posted: 11/21/2022 9:20:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

His daughter's best friend was performing . . .

Army veteran recounts subduing gunman at Colorado LGBTQ club

View Quote

Huh. How about that.

Another one in the “Low Country was right again” column.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top